[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Actually, to be honest because this board is pretty much complete now it is very easy to get a fully standard (what we call "vanilla" in hackintosh world!) install.

At the simplest level you can take a standard Leopard or Snowleopard Installation, run a simple programme on it to install a bootloader (to make the OSX install bootable by a PC) and drag a folder (full of "kexts", "DSDT" and other foreign sounding stuff) into the bootloader and you are done. Instant hackintosh if you like.

It works with a cloned install too. By this I mean if you set up everything on your real mac using a disk in an enclosure, with your OSX installed just how you like it you can then just add the bootloader, take your disk out of the enclosure put it in your Zotac and it will work. Most of the discussion on this thread now is really just fine tuning or people talking about endless slightly different ways of getting the same thing done......

My simple 1, 2, 3 guide to you is:

1. Install your OSX to a USB drive connected to your exisiting Mac. Boot your Mac from the installation and update the disk to include all latest updates from Software update.

2. Run a bootloader install package with the USB connected disk as the install location [do not load the bootloader on your own internal Mac disk or you will make it unbootable!!]. [A good bootloader is the Chameleon 2RC4 install package - google "Chameleon installer Dr Hurt" and you will find it]

3. Before shutting down your real Mac (important because installing the bootloader makes the disk no longer bootable by a real Mac) replace the folder "Extra" that the bootloader installs (by default it puts it at the root level - i.e. open your hard drive icon and you will see it there) with a pre-configured ready made "Extra" folder that is known to work on this board. [for the right "Extra" folder I suggest you ask one of the nice people on this forum for a Zip file of their fully working "Extra" folder according to your Zotac board spec.s]

Now there are almost endless variations on the method I described above. Some people install from specially made PC bootable disks, some people install from USB key drives, some people......you get the picture!! But the basics are:

Mac OS install + Bootloader + bootloader mod.s for your particular board = Hackintosh.

You do not need to understand everything, but it does help if you do know what you are doing, because one day something will go wrong and you will need to fix it.

Good luck in your quest.

PS. I'd be happy to zip my Extra folder for you, but my board is an early revision Zotac and so my DSDT might not be optimal for you.

first of all

thanks for this guide !!

Will try it in a minute!

But by the way what revision are you using? I'm using also one of the first boards ... the one with only 2 SATA connectors

edit:

well i gave it a try ...

Boot from USB HDD works ... chameleon loads and the OS Setup is almost starting but! I do NOT get into it.

i always get something like

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000004ec9df ) " Trying to change a collection in the registry "@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/libkern/ .......

Debgguger called : <panic>

I tried some other collections for the EXTRA Folder from this thread but i always get the same message ( see above )

after that message I get "pop up" telling my to restart hold down the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again ...

in five different languages :(

I THINK it has someting to do with my CPU, right ?

But how can i fix it ? ( i got an Core2Duo E6400)

Maybe someone can help?

Hi,

Did you try my Extra folder (attached here again)? Yes, my board is one with just the two SATAs and also I have a Core 2 Duo processor, so it should work for you.

Just unzip and then substitute this one for the one the bootloader put in and see if it works. Remember to adjust the Bios settings (see post number 1). The extra folder should give you everything except audio, if my extra folder does work for you then let me know and I will then post the audio kext I use and instruct you on installing it.......

Mastermischke,

If doing the above let you boot okay then to get audio unzip the attachment to this message, install Kext Utility from the .dmg file and then drag the enclosed AppleHDA.kext onto "Kext Utility". This should install the audio kext into system, library, extensions and automatically do all the repairing of permissions etc. Once it has finished working then restart and - if all goes well - you should have audio.

The USB wifi doesn't work for anyone and people generally use workarounds such as PCI-e card for "Airport" or a USB dongle.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your attachmend!

so I did this

1.) Setup my bios settings like this

-disable com ports controllers

-disable MAXCPUID in the CPU section

-ENABLE AHCI on SATA MCP section

-GPU: You can force GPU to overclock to 144% by changing:

CODE

iGPU OverClock Mode = Manual

iGPU OverClock = 650

Shader OverClock = 1500

-you can raise vram for GPU to 512

-Setup power mgm to S1+S3

-lan: don't switch lan setup in bios to MII because MAC won't catch DHCP. leave it as is

2.) On my Macbook i attached my USB HDD ... made 1 partition with GUID .... installed the OS X Server onto it.

3.) On my Macbook I installed the Chameleon onto the USB

4.) I downloaded your attachmend and placed it on the USB HDD

5.) I plugged the USB HDD into my Zotac and booted

6.) I boot into the USB HDD so that the Apple Logo appears ... under the Apple Logo I get this wheel

7.) the next thing that happens is : YOu need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns of .. then press the Power Button again ... ( in five different languages )

What am I doing wrong?

:(

Edit:

When I launch the setup in verbose ( -v ) I get a lot of text but in the end I get this

panic(cpu 0 xcalled 0x388 etc. blabla ) "No HPETs avainble CPU(s) configured incorrectly SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerMnagement/AplleIntelCPUPOwerManagement -10.43/pmThread.c:148

Debugger called: <panic>

etc.

:(

It seems that you don't have HPET properly modified in DSDT, so to avoid that issue you should add NullCPUPowerManagament.kext to Extra/ directory. I stucked at the same point and eventually gave up on HPET and left NullCPUPowerManagament there. CPU doesn't scale, but everything works.

It seems that you don't have HPET properly modified in DSDT, so to avoid that issue you should add NullCPUPowerManagament.kext to Extra/ directory. I stucked at the same point and eventually gave up on HPET and left NullCPUPowerManagament there. CPU doesn't scale, but everything works.

Thanks for your reply!

Where can i get tis nullcpupowermanagement kext file that Matches my e6400??i

Here it is. Unzip the kext and put it (drag it) into the same folder as "fakesmc.kext" etc. which you will find inside the 10.6 folder inside extra.......you don't use the "kext utility" application for this one.

I hope it solves the kernel panics for you.

Thanks for your help!

I draged the NullCPU into the Extra Extenions 10.6 folder BUT ...

I still get panic No HPETS avaible CPU(s) configured incorrectly ........... AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -10.4.3 etc

:)

Just finished building another system for a HTPC in my kitchen and am wondering how you would get the 2channel line-out audio to work....

Thanks

I have a ver01 board GF9300-D-E with a Q9300 before and now with a C2D

In this post you can find my patched DSDT based on the previous work made on this board by MacMini plus some code cleaning using MasterChief suggestions. Remember that it's made for a q9300 CPU so if you have another one you need to correct the pstate values.

Now I'm using another DSDT based on the MacMini3,1 DSDT. I'll postHere it is without p-state:

ZOTAC_DSDT_from_MacMini3_1.zip

For me on the C2D it's working but with a single p-state (always max frequency), if you need speedstep you need to add you pstate value.

I'm using the appleHDA posted in this topic

Here my full /Extra folder and AppleHDA used in SLE installed with kext utility included.

ZOTAC_GF9300_D_E_rev01_for_SL10.6.3.zip

Seems that 10.6.4 update doesn't break anything else than 10.6.3 broke. I get everything almost out of a box due to external USB sound card. The only problem in my case is PCI-e ethernet card which never works after update due to kext being replace. Any idea how to create a file that will be loaded in /Extra and inject valid data? I've included modifiled Info.plist file in attachement.

Info.plist.txt

I've tried to patch by myself the original bin, and add the codec and layout ID but with no success this morning. I don't know what was wrong, but till yesterday I wasn't sure about what to do, now I've understood .

I'm cleaning the dsdt because for now it won't restart without OHR.kext. I have not yet tried to switch-off.

Video still the same....

I've found how to patch the AppleHDA, and also how to reduce the kext needed for a good hackintosh.

I'll post all my /Extra folder for 10.6.4 ASAP

I've also prepared a fakeMSC with all the MacMini3,1 value, but haven't tested yet.

I'll post the results in a few hours.

I've found how to patch the AppleHDA, and also how to reduce the kext needed for a good hackintosh.

lol

I've also prepared a fakeMSC with all the MacMini3,1 value, but haven't tested yet.

I'll post the results in a few hours.

Use fakesmc with plugin, forget the keys