[UPDATED] Chameleon 2.0RC2 is out! With Official Installer

Onixs

447 posts in this topic

If i'm not mistaken, the bootloader is working fine for you.. you just need to change "timeout" in your com.apple.Boot.plist:

- <string></string> takes you to the boot prompt

- <string>0</string> boots the default system directly (what i think is happening to you)

- <string>5</string> gives you a 5 sec countdown (press any key to get to the boot prompt)

Hope it helps.

Hi. Thanks for your response.

Update. I deleted all content from the Extra folder and reverted to a Chameleon 1 bootloader, restarted and then ran the Chameleon 2.0rc installer. It works in that I now get the boot screen and it has 2 icons, 1 for Leopard and the other Windows icon which I haven't tried as yet - thought I'd best update so the head-scratching over my issues can stop.

I'll update the thread once I've tested Win7.

Many thanks for your help. ;)

Update #2 - Win 7 boots fine so all is go. Cheers.

Andy.

Below is my boot plist as seen by the plist editor in EFI Studio...

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1200x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>None</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

(The actual graphics string is also in there but I left it out in case that amazingly long line of whatever mucks the thread settings up here at InsanelyMac.)

Perhaps there's something there that indicates the problem. As you see, I increased the timeout to 5 as per your suggestion but the symptoms are still as before.

I'll have a try with no timeout and update later.

Edit: No timeout results in the same symptoms. Oh well...

Anything else you can offer, I'd gladly try.

Well, My Hackintosh was running PERFECTLY for over a year now. I just decided to install this, I used the installer, not I cannot get OSX to boot..... The last bootloader I was using was the latest version of Chameleon non GUI.... Now when I boot in verbose It stops at all of these VMNet alerts, and finally stops at Macintosh /usr/sbin/ocspd[128]: STARTING then it stops. PLEASE HELP ME!

Sounds like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext got loaded but should not have been. But it could also have many other reasons. Could it be that DSDT.aml was not loaded? Try running without boot caches (press down arrow).

It could also be that your Extensions.mkext includes the VMWare kexts, which is not good. Try re-creating Extensions.mkext with kextcache and add the "-l" flag to only include kexts needed for boot from local disks.

or check if u are using LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

is this one for fix the problem

Yes that is one of the ones that fixes the AHCI and orange icons, but it must be set to Local-Root and be loaded from an mkext to work in my experience.

To anyone who knows how this all ties together, I could use some help.

I had the Chameleon 2.0rc r431 installed via the installer package. All was working just fine. I could boot OSX 10.5.6 from disk0s3 and Win7 from disk0s2 without a problem. The package was installed in /Volumes/EFI/Extra.

Then, I was about to install Fedora on an external MBR partitioned USB drive when the install failed. When I tried to restart, I saw a message about testing MBR done and then Win7 says it has a boot problem. I can use the Win7 install disk and it corrects the problem by replacing the MBR so it looks like Win7 is the only system I have.

I have a boot mgr floppy that can see the osx partition and boot it. If I try to reinstall Chameleon using the install package it puts me back with the Win7 error and the system won't boot.

I am a bit lost. Any ideas what might have happened or how to recover it? All help will be appreciated.

Can someone maybe help me?

I'm running a Kalyway build currently. I want to move to Vanilla, so I installed this latest Chameleon RC1. I checked int terminal and it looks like an EFI partition was created on my hard drive, and when I boot up the computer I get the new Chameleon bootloader screen. But I can only choose my current install of Kalyway, I can't boot from an official Leopard retail disc. I don't even see the CD pop up. I'm confused. Sorry to be such a noob, but I could use a hand! Thanks!

THIS IS ONE BADASS APP. :)

Kudos to the team... You guys did a good job... Now I don't have to worry about using other methods to boot from different HDD. Time to install more OS's. haha. Heres a quick picture. Enjoy.

EDIT: How come I get a Blinking Cursor when I choose WindowsXp? Nothing happens afterwards?

post-387526-1238817815_thumb.jpg

Yes, that resacn function explained were good. What happens exact if i would add Resan=Yes to the boot.plist.

Does it scan CD drive again once direct at bootloading time ?

Is that needed for CD/DVD which take longer to be ready (depending drive speed/CD quality) ?

Would adding Resan Promt =Yes enabling the function to do rescan manually more than once ?

Or does CH 2.0 has an different driver/code as CH 1.11 to "see" DVD drives. My CD/DVD isnt seen anymore (ICH9 AHCI, SATA DVD).

please post the exact key and string values for rescan mode, thank you!

is it just <key>Rescan=yes</key>?

because

<key>Rescan</key>

<string>yes</string>

doesn´t work?

This is what I've got in my com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>Rescan</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Rescan Prompt</key>

<string>yes</string>

Looks right?

Yeah, that was also my question above. Maybe same nightmare as with NEW USB UEFI thing getting dvd drives seen.

To get closer to the problem of no DVD , it may help the dev to know what Chipset / Chipsetmode (AHCI native, AHCI IDE) and which Port (ICHx-SATA or JMicronSATA) you use.

My SATA DVD, AHCI native, ICH9 Port3 isnt seen, what are others using if not seen ?

After installing the official release I lost my audio (and audio only, the other modified kexts worked just fine in /Extra/Extensions) that worked like a charm in the old mkext. I had to switch back to the old PC EFI...

the audio legacy kexts must be in extra/extensions.mkext or they won't work

coconup, I tried everything:

-leaving the kexts in /Extra/Extensions as they are

-Making an mkext in /Extra

-leaving only the mkext and deleting the files in /Extra/Extensions

-recreating the mkext reinstalling the package

It just didn't work, not a big issue because what I needed from the system was already working, but still I want to find out why. (Going to read some documentation)