Working Wireless (USB and Ralink)

268 posts in this topic

i tried to install the F5D7050 v3000 USB wifi card, and it wasn't picked up at all.

built in ethernet is still greyed out.

does anyone know if the v3000 has the same chipset? The rapla link only says that the v2000 of the USB card has it.

I have OSX 10.4.1.

also, did anyone get it working under OSX 10.4.3?

thanks a lot

K I read about this at school and figured this would solve all my problems... yet it caused a problem... I bought the Belkin adapter that everyone is talking about. 54g USB Wireless F5D7050 and i'm running 10.4.1 and It shows it under USB in the Profile thing for Mac but not under Network, no Green Light, nothing... I'm using the 9/??/05 driver from Ralink... I've heard only the old one works... but that one isn't there anymore the 6/24/?? driver is the one i'm refering to!

OK, i have 10.4.3 the Belkin wireless USB adapter model F5D7050, I had it working in 10.4.1 with the RALink utility. Now with 10.4.3 I have not had any success using the original util or the universal binary version of the util. I can see that it is connected in system properties... but nothing works. ;) It's on the compatibilty list for .3, why doesnt it work? Perhaps im looking in the wrong places for a solution? any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased the SWEEX LC100060 usb wireless device and got i to work prefectly with ralink drivers on my IBM T43 with native installed os x 10.4.3 8F1009

It only cost me 199 swedish krona, that's 25 USD or 21 EUR for you non-swedish people.

and merry christmas everyone =)

I'm successfully using the DLink DWL-G122, after installing the ralink software, and works great, including WEP. Using 10.4.3. I'm wondering about the observation, back in August, that you have to unplug and then re-plug the USB adapter after every boot. Any progress on figuring out a solution for that?

good news to you guys all....

since today i have tried 8F1111g - 10.4.3 env't with JaS SSE3 patches, i have investigated which diver can be used for that Belkin rod today in 10.4.3 version....

you guys can make use of the following RaLink driver to perfectly matched with that Belkin rod.... :)

http://www.ralinktech.com/drivers/Mac/STA_...02005_11_29.dmg

In answer to my own question regarding this need to unplug and reinsert the adapter after rebooting, the problem went away after I added a Keystone remote control receiver. Now the network utility fires up and connects automatically after bootup. Evidently the Keystone device does something to wake up the bus, or adds a necessary delay, or changes the order of device drivers or something. So general advice is to try in combination with other USB devices. 10.4.3 8f1111a.

Hi everybody,

i just bought a belkin F5D7050 USB dongle today but i can't get it to work with my OSX 10.4.1 x86 installation...

My last hope is the ralink driver 2005-6-24 version that I can't download from their website anymore.

Does anybody still have this driver? That would be awesome!

I don't want to waste the 29 euros i paid for that thing.... if it doesn't work anytime soon I'm gonna try to take it back to the shop and get something else.

All,

Anyone in search of any of the three USB RT2500 wifi dongles that have been proven to work (Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-AI, Belkin F5D7050 and Dlink DWL-G122) can order any of the three from here:

http://shop2.outpost.com/catreq/7804

The Dlink is the most expensive one going for $49.99 - $15.00 mail-in rebate.

The Buffalo is going for $29.99. The Belkin is only $22.99 but we don't know what chipset it might be and what Revision Ver it is. I would call ahead of time and ask to be sure.

I already have the Dlink DWL-G122 and I am very happy with it. I have it running on a custom built MACintel (AsRock P4Dual-915GL) running the 8F1111a(g) with the latest JASC patch. WEP is enabled and it works. I have not tried WPA yet. I plan on trying it once I get my Kubuntu install to run WPA.

I went ahead and ordered the Buffalo one because with that one I can avoid having to plug/unplug after a reboot when using MAC OS X.

I've same problem. Stick appears in system properties, driver is loaded, but nohing happens, no light, no device shown in ralink's usb utility.. nothing. I'm using F1111. My stick is a conceptronic, it appears in info.plist (but PID and VID are decimal values).

just thought i'd share my experience with the DWL-G122 (B1) in hopes that it may help others. I'm running F1111 with everything (but wireless) working. I purchased the DWL-G122 B1... downloaded the 2005_11_29 Driver from RALink. Installed driver, rebooted. Plugged in the adapater, the wireless utility showed a good connection. Closed the Utility and tried to start DeerPark... nothing... I'll skip ahead through the 20+ Beers & Pack of Newports, and right the "DUH!?!? Of course thats how you fix it.."

1. Create backup copies of Appleairport.kext,Appleairport2.kext,Appleairport3.kext; located in "/System/Library/Extensions".

2. Delete the originals (--that gets rid of those WirelessAiportDeviceNameCopy() messages in Console--)

3. Open terminal

4. ifconfig en2 (--I noticed there was no address being pulled from DHCP--)

5. sudo ifconfig en2 down (--Take down the wireless interface--)

6. sudo ifconfig en2 up (--Bring up the wireless interface--)

(--That pulled down a address from DHCP. I could now ping by IP anything on my network, could not hit www.google.com. So I figured I wasnt getting DNS--)

7. dig @ROUTER www.google.com (--Ok, I guess I am getting DNS so whats up then?--)

8. ping 216.239.37.104 (--thats google--)

"No route to host" (--Ah ha!--)

9. Start Network Utility from "Applications/Utilities"

10. Click Netstat.

11. Display routing table information (--Ooooh, no default route, no problem--)

12. In Terminal type "sudo route add default ROUTER-IP" (--In most home networks its X.Y.Z.1--)

13. Start / reload web browser... bingo.

My DWL-G122 is able to associate and connect with: Open, WEP, and WPA-PSK. How come I didnt use the "Network" System Preference gui? A. It keeps crashing on me[because of my broadcom nextreme gigabit network adapter??] B. I work better in terminals. Hope this helps others with the troubleshooting process.

well in my experience - no you dont have to do that for everytime you restart OSX. From what I've got on my machine, you do however HAVE TO CLOSE WIRELESSUSB in order to not crash the box when unplug/plug/unplug/pluging the usb adapter.

I havent had the chance to try these instructions when "roaming" networks... but I plan on giving that a shot by this weekend. My theory is that when ever you switch NETWORKS you'll have to do these steps (except 1&2 of course)

Man! I just went out and bought a Belkin F5D7050 for nothing! Does it work with 10.4.3 at all? Please help guys! In the console it says that specific family matching fails, any help? Hmmm...for revision 3000 many people say that the RT71W driver will work, http://www.ralinktech.com/drivers/Mac/RT71...02005_11_25.dmg

I can't see to figure it out though.

Edited by blt93932

I have the D-Link DWL-G122 B1 Firmware 2.02

I just want to point out a couple things that may or may not be mentioned in this thread already:

1. OS X recognizes the G122 as a ethernet device rather than an airport card.

2. It worked for me without modifying any kexts.

3. I used the Wireless USB Utility and ifconfig to get it working.

*edit* I thought there was a problem with it connecting to my westell wireless router, but after I remembered I had mac filtering on the router, it connected fine.