Working Wireless (USB and Ralink)

268 posts in this topic

Hola folks!

I'm new here as well. I'm running OS X x86 on my Dell Latitude 110L, and was wondering if there was a patch or some drivers for the built in Dell wireless adapter. Alos, how the frell do I get USB running my Dell as well? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks a million!

Doc.

PS here's my specs for the Dell

Pentium M 1.6ghz

512 DDR333

30gb HD

16xDVD-ROM/24xCD-RW

Has anyone tried the Belkin PCMIA adapter, and gotten it to work? I bought the Belkin USB and it works like a charm but, its honkin' big comming out of the side of my pc. I would rather use the PC card if I knew that it would work. I bought the Linksys 54G PCMIA card and it got power and the computer recognized it but I couldn't get it to work. Let me know.

Holla!

it appears the 9/13 ralink driver does not work in 10.4.3. i tried it both with an archive and install and in an install from scratch. the device was detected on the usb bus by the os, however, the wireless utility could not find the device.

New driver appeared at ralink support page. It works for me, but only in non-WEP mode. But it doesn't matter for me.

i'm a bit confused, can someone please summurize which USB wlan that works with 10.4.3 tiger and WEP?

D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. B1 and

BELKIN F5D7050 Wireless 802.11g USB Network Adapter

+ ...?

Or is that list inaccurate?

Thanks a mill.!

- Klap

i'm a bit confused, can someone please summurize which USB wlan that works with 10.4.3 tiger and WEP?

D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. B1 and

BELKIN F5D7050 Wireless 802.11g USB Network Adapter

+ ...?

Or is that list inaccurate?

Thanks a mill.!

- Klap

i have the belkin fd7050 working in native 10.4.3 with wep using the newly posted ralink driver.

I just bought the Belkin F5D7050 USB Adapter, but it will not work. (10.4.3). I installed the Ralink driver, rebooted, and plugged it in. No go. I unplugged and plugged several times, no go for that either. Also tried booting with it already plugged in, no go. The light never flashes, nothing happens. The utility says no device. Other USB devices work fine on my system (eg. mice, jump drives, etc.) It shows up in the System Profiler under the USB section as a Belkin 54g USB Wireless Adapter, but apparently it's not loading the driver. Any ideas?

I just bought the Belkin F5D7050 USB Adapter, but it will not work. (10.4.3). I installed the Ralink driver, rebooted, and plugged it in. No go. I unplugged and plugged several times, no go for that either. Also tried booting with it already plugged in, no go. The light never flashes, nothing happens. The utility says no device. Other USB devices work fine on my system (eg. mice, jump drives, etc.) It shows up in the System Profiler under the USB section as a Belkin 54g USB Wireless Adapter, but apparently it's not loading the driver. Any ideas?

Update: I discovered the decimal value of 28752 under the Belkin device info in the Info.plist didn't match the hex value of 0x705d for the device in the system info (28752=0x705a), so I modified the Info.plist value to 28765 (28765=0x705d) but unfortunately it still will not work.

No, I don't think so. I suppose I could e-mail Ralink... But that doesn't explain why everyone else is able to use the driver. Could a few people who have the Belkin USB adapter working post their device IDs? Just out of curiosity, I'd like to see if we all have the same or if mine is somehow different.

I exactly has the same issue as theweaselslayer and i solved it FANTASTICALLY (just direct plug in before the machine starts and it auto-detects the hot rod and loads the RTA2500 driver fluently....) by applying the Ralink driver version RaLINK VERSION 050624 (WHICH IS NOT THE LATEST ONE, PLZ NOTE, and other newer versions also don't work as well..... )........

Please don't try the stuff downloaded from Belkin's site since that guy is malfunction, and I reload the whole image as well to make it work again

my version is 10.4.1 deadmoo's copy.... :)

for the driver, i think you can download it from Ralink site, especially this kind of out-dated driver... :P

Edited by dinorex

I'm on their site and I'm not seeing any version for 2005-06-24... Could you send it to me?

I'm concerned my problem is related to running 10.4.3 though; my broadcom miniPCI card works fine with the hacked darwin kext in .1, but I don't have accelerated video that way, so I'm trying to get things working in .3. I've purchased a Ralink Rt2500 MiniPCI card on eBay that should be here in a week or so. I'll use that to replace my Broadcom to see if that will work if I can't get this Belkin adapter going.

Edited by theweaselslayer

theweaselslayer, PM me for your email so that i can send it to you... actually the driver is got from one of the Mac OSX86 site 'accidentally',,... (maybe 360hackers.net).... lol

I always keep the wifi drivers for testing when I first know my Belkin's rod is malfunctioning with the driver provided from that site, and got panic as wellll....... :(

anyway, PM me for your email for further help. :gun:

(this post is sent directly in deadmoo's copy OS X 10.4.1 via Belkin's rod at home wifi LAN... :D)

Just wanting to clarify that the older version will only work on 10.4.1 if you get it, not on 10.4.3 (and vice versa). Not saying anyone has implied anything either way, just wanted to make sure no one tried things and then was wondering why stuff didn't work. :(

Ok, back to WIRELESS stuff...

Is there something you need to fix in OS X to be able to use WEP? I seem to have problems connecting when I have WEP enabled. I use MAC filtering instead so I have some protection but I was wondering if there was anything needs to be done to use WEP or WAP.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

by the way it soudns we haven't figured out how to get the wireless utility working yet... but the wireless works on open networks... thats not necessarily a bad thing unless you have important shared files... which some of us do... I personally am going to go get the adapater because i'm sick of having a wire ran through my floor across my house... ha! Thanks for the info guys!