[GUIDE] Retail OS X Install (10.5.8) on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (Core i7) Mobo

digital_dreamer

3,054 posts in this topic

I get no sound at all when using Line Out - Built-in Line Output. This is really baffling.

Is it possible I would have more luck finding a ALC888 codec dump (ICH10) and using AppleHDAPatcher? I found a variety of dumps here http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/realtek/ but I have no idea which of those belong to a specific chipset version. Any advice on that?

I got the same problem with a modified AppleHDA.kext. I'm just going to stick with VoodooHDA right now because I know it works. I've tried many different kexts for the audio on this board, and VoodooHDA seems to work the best I've found. Try the steps I posted a page or so ago to get VoodooHDA working. I don't think I was able to get the one working that came with D_D's script, I downloaded one from the voodooprojects webpage.

Ryan

I got the same problem with a modified AppleHDA.kext. I'm just going to stick with VoodooHDA right now because I know it works. I've tried many different kexts for the audio on this board, and VoodooHDA seems to work the best I've found. Try the steps I posted a page or so ago to get VoodooHDA working. I don't think I was able to get the one working that came with D_D's script, I downloaded one from the voodooprojects webpage.

Ryan

I booted an Ubuntu Live CD to get a codec dump for the chipset and I've been trying to use AppleHDAPatcher but thus far have had no joy. Although the App itself does actually report that it has recognised certain devices... I don't understand why it isn't working. Here's the codec dump if you want to have a crack at it; the more people trying to get it working the better.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/790162/alc888ich10.txt

Hey digital dreamer, I was just wondering if you saw my message about the usb wifi dongle? Do i need to put in some kexts to get usb ethernet to appear under network in system preferences? The system detects my usb wifi dongle in the profiler.

It seems that I'm supposed to have the appleUSBethernet.kext. I went through my system extensions folder and cannot find this kext though.

Thanks in advance.

I booted an Ubuntu Live CD to get a codec dump for the chipset and I've been trying to use AppleHDAPatcher but thus far have had no joy. Although the App itself does actually report that it has recognised certain devices... I don't understand why it isn't working. Here's the codec dump if you want to have a crack at it; the more people trying to get it working the better.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/790162/alc888ich10.txt

I'll give it a shot. Where can I get the latest version of the patcher? Taruga's site seems to be down again.

Can I ask what your beef is with VoodooHDA?

Ryan

Repairing Permissions

One thing I have never been clear on is repairing permissions. Dreamer does your script take care of repairing permissions to my vanilla boot disk? Or am I supposed to go into disk utility, or use the sudo command... if so can I repair permissions from the maintenance drive to the vanilla drive (seems to do something)?

What is this that I've seen about enabling root access and doing it that way?

In a nutshell I dont really understand what needs to be done to properly repair permissions to the retail (extra) volume.

When I have done the sudo command in page one - i get lots of errors saying i can't access it. But when I repair permissions through diskutility to my retail vanilla volume it often finds errors and seems to repair them.

I just don't know if i'm ever doing the "right" thing.

school me my people, please.

Hey digital dreamer, I was just wondering if you saw my message about the usb wifi dongle? Do i need to put in some kexts to get usb ethernet to appear under network in system preferences? The system detects my usb wifi dongle in the profiler.

It seems that I'm supposed to have the appleUSBethernet.kext. I went through my system extensions folder and cannot find this kext though.

Thanks in advance.

Not all models will run on OS X or hackintosh but if there are OS X drivers for it you should be ok.

I'm running a Netgear WG111v3 and it works fine with the downloadable OS X drivers. I did have to remove the IONetowrkingFamily kext to allow my computer to see it though so you should probably try that. Don't forget to rebuild your boot caches to allow the change to take effect. You'll lose function to your ethernet ports by doing this.

Please see my post on page 96 (#1908) of this guide or go to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1189197

Hey, thank you for your fast help! the 9800 works perfectly now!

But now i've got 2 other Problems:

1. the big issue:

when the computer goes into sleep mode, and wakes up after that, my second HDD (Sata) gets unmounted (Mac os sais that i just unplugged the HDD...) Whats goning wrong there?

and 2.: why is there no possibility to use firewire as a networkinterface?

pcace

Hy everybody.

Please tell me which version do i have to install on my Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 ? I7 920 ,as well.

I read about Kalyway 10.5.2 ? Is that corect ?

Just tell me the version please,and i'll find out,and for further questions,i'll search in the forum and google it.

Thanks in advance !!!

?? Please help me.

Hey, thank you for your fast help! the 9800 works perfectly now!

But now i've got 2 other Problems:

1. the big issue:

when the computer goes into sleep mode, and wakes up after that, my second HDD (Sata) gets unmounted (Mac os sais that i just unplugged the HDD...) Whats goning wrong there?

and 2.: why is there no possibility to use firewire as a networkinterface?

pcace

Hey, i just plugged my second hard disk in in an other way... now its working. BUT: only one time. after this one sleep, i cant get my computer to sleep?! Any idea?

Hello,

I tried following the wiki but now when i installed the hard drive in my i7 system to run step 7, the DSDT patcher, which must be run on the target machine. I get a reboot at this line in -v mode:

ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure

HFS: Created HFDT on MacHD

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time,

Steve

For those with the GA X58-UD3R boards this is my experience with A380 Snow Leopard:

The JMicronInject kext is not liked, with that kext installed boot hangs. Remove and the install will boot into SL.

Ethernet does not work with the 'purple' Realtek kext (neither 32 nor 64 bit mode) IOFamilyNetworking works in 32 bit mode (not 64) and must be installed in System

Audio works with VoodooHDA installed in System, both 32 and 64 bit mode.

My 9500GT video card works (QE) with EFI strings (same string as used on 10.5.7, cut and paste into boot.plist).

DD, your script is a marvel! makes installation and modification really simple. One nitpick: the warning about running DSDT on the 'target' computer shows up as black inside red on black - that is impossible for my 70 year old eyes to read!

Hi MAJ, did the Automatic Ethernet Timemachine Fix and Nvidia Graphics detection work for you (Chameleon 2 RC2). I had no success with that.

Audio Solution for SL 64bit. New Beta HDAEnabler fromTaruga :http://osx86tuga.com/

(Portuguese Site-just download the 2 blue linked files and install them in S/L/E. Dont forget to chown and chmod them and

Rebuild kextcache in SL:

kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Sound is much better than VoodooHDA at least analog Stereo. I have no digital or 5.1 devices. But it has 2 Sound Assertions.

I found a modded UD5 f7 bios made to support SLIC 2.1! Link.

SLIC 2.1 is needed for Windows 7 to properly have an emulated bios in order to make your windows 7 PC a OEM installation.

Use 7loader to get it all up and running.

From Softpedia news: Link.

The bypass designed for Windows 7 RTM involves abusing OEM activation 2.1, and in this regard the circumventing process is nothing more than an OEM hack. Via OEM activation 2.1, namely SLP 2.1, Microsoft allows OEMs to pre-activate Windows 7 for distribution preinstalled on new computers. In this context, the activation bypass process leading to the hacked Windows 7 RTM needs to be based on a BIOS (SLIC) hack first of all.

The procedure is by no means new. Hackers have managed to crack Windows Vista much in the same manner. In fact, the Windows 7 RTM Ultimate activation crack also relies on an OEM certificate from Windows Vista in order to function. At the time of this article hackers have made available in the wild SLIC 2.1 BIN harvested from computers on the market, as well as the genuine OEM certificate digitally signed by Microsoft, which automatically brings to the table the Private Key and the OEM Public Key as well as the OEMID (from SLIC in BIOS). Together with the leaked OEM SLP master product key Windows 7 can be hacked and the activation process bypassed. The result is a cracked copy of Windows 7 RTM Ultimate permanently activated.

7-29-09win7act.jpg

Not all models will run on OS X or hackintosh but if there are OS X drivers for it you should be ok.

I'm running a Netgear WG111v3 and it works fine with the downloadable OS X drivers. I did have to remove the IONetowrkingFamily kext to allow my computer to see it though so you should probably try that. Don't forget to rebuild your boot caches to allow the change to take effect. You'll lose function to your ethernet ports by doing this.

So there isn't a way to get both to work?

Repairing Permissions

One thing I have never been clear on is repairing permissions. Dreamer does your script take care of repairing permissions to my vanilla boot disk? Or am I supposed to go into disk utility, or use the sudo command... if so can I repair permissions from the maintenance drive to the vanilla drive (seems to do something)?

What is this that I've seen about enabling root access and doing it that way?

In a nutshell I dont really understand what needs to be done to properly repair permissions to the retail (extra) volume.

When I have done the sudo command in page one - i get lots of errors saying i can't access it. But when I repair permissions through diskutility to my retail vanilla volume it often finds errors and seems to repair them.

I just don't know if i'm ever doing the "right" thing.

school me my people, please.

.... Bueller?

Sigh... I did. It shows up in sound preferences. But then isn't recognised in System Profiler. When I play audio/video it goes 5x the speed for some reason.

you can check out my kexts if you want, they work for me:

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/710849/Ryans_Kexts_UD3R.zip

try replacing your Stored_Kexts folder with the one here, install the VoodooHDA.prefPane(included in the zip) and delete AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E.

Ryan

.... Bueller?

Heh.

Any files copied via the script will have permissions fixed properly as a manner of course. If you wish, you run Disk Utility from the maintenance drive to work on the vanilla system. No harm done.

However, keep in mind that some files won't get "fixed" via Disk Utility, like non-apple kexts, which is why it's important to always fix them manually. But, you shouldn't have to worry about them when using the script.

Additionally, Disk Utility may "complain" about having to repair permissions on a bunch of files that are not necessary.

If you can't access a file via Terminal, it's because you don't have access privileges. Do a sudo -s and enter your password.

regards,

MAJ

you can check out my kexts if you want, they work for me:

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/710849/Ryans_Kexts_UD3R.zip

try replacing your Stored_Kexts folder with the one here, install the VoodooHDA.prefPane(included in the zip) and delete AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E.

Ryan

Hmm, still got nothing. There's recognised devices in Sound prefs, but no available devices in System Profiler and I get no sound on Headphones or Digital-out. Maybe we're using a different BIOS version? I flashed mine when I bought it.

I've been messing around with Chameleon 2 RC2 today. The developers say the Firewire DMA bug is fixed. I'm confused by this because I get the following messages in my console at boot up.

7/29/09 2:09:04 PM	kernel	FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8024 PCI now active, GUID 001ac6710000241d; max speed s400.	
7/29/09 2:09:10 PM	kernel	ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.	
7/29/09 2:09:10 PM	kextd[103]	a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireIP.kext

Any thoughts? It seems like the first message is good. I don't think I got that prior to RC2. The second message is obviously bad but I'm used to getting that. Does anyone know what's going on? Thank you.

EDIT: It might be of importance to note that the first and second message are always 6 - 7 seconds apart

I'll post my latest system.log now, maybe you can help me. What I did was: Retail 10.5.6 + 10.5.7 Delta Update (same error with Combo) + latest Chameleon Release from website + Digital_dreamer's kext patcher - external GUID HFS+ HDD boot from EX58-UD5 F8f, i7 920 D0, G.Skill Trident, GTX 260.

I was able to fix post errors with update to F8f Bios. Still hangs at OSX boot. Log:

Jul 29 14:51:48 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: BootCacheControl: could not open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:

Jul 29 14:51:48 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: No such file or directory

Jul 29 14:51:48 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: BootCacheControl: could not unlink playlist /var/db/BootCache.playlist: Unknown error: -1

Jul 29 14:51:49 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

Jul 29 14:51:50 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.blued): Unknown key for boolean: EnableTransactions

Jul 29 14:51:50 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight

Jul 29 14:51:50 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.ntp.ntpd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight

Jul 29 14:51:50 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.x.privileged_startx): Unknown key for boolean: EnableTransactions

Jul 29 14:52:02 localhost kernel[0]: = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USBE@1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/USB 2.0 Card Reader@fd100000/Bulk-Only Interface@0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSILogicalUnitNub@0/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices/IOBlockStorageDriver/SAMSUNG MP0402H Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2

Jul 29 14:51:58 localhost rpc.statd[20]: statd.notify - no notifications needed

Jul 29 14:52:02 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk1s2, major 14, minor 6

Jul 29 14:52:00 localhost fseventsd[29]: bumping event counter to: 0xcab717c (current 0x0) from log file '000000000cab717b'

Jul 29 14:52:02 localhost kernel[0]: HFS: created HFBT on Ohne Titel 1

Jul 29 14:51:57 localhost bootlog[39]: BOOT_TIME: 1248904296 0

Jul 29 14:52:03 localhost kernel[0]: Jettisoning kernel linker.

Jul 29 14:52:04 localhost DirectoryService[34]: Launched version 5.7 (v514.25)

Jul 29 14:52:06 localhost socketfilterfw[41]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:06 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.aslmanager): Throttling respawn: Will start in 5 seconds

Jul 29 14:52:14 localhost com.apple.su.startup[19]: Checking for securityd

Jul 29 14:52:14 localhost securityd[21]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:14 localhost diskarbitrationd[33]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:14 localhost configd[37]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:14 localhost DirectoryService[34]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost coreservicesd[48]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost com.apple.su.startup[19]: Running auth_sys_print_admin tool

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[48]: SFLSharePointsEntry::InitializeSPNode: dsOpenRecord returned -14136

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost kernel[0]: Resetting IOCatalogue.

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost kextd[10]: 0 cached, 419 uncached personalities to catalog

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost UpdateSettingsTool[14]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:15 localhost configd[37]: updateConfiguration(): no preferences.

Jul 29 14:52:16 localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-176.3 (Sep 30 2008 16:59:38)[24]: starting

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 0

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 1

Jul 29 14:52:17: --- last message repeated 4 times ---

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 2

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.aslmanager): Throttling respawn: Will start in 5 seconds

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost kernel[0]: MacPro2,1: stalling for module

Jul 29 14:52:17 localhost com.apple.su.startup[19]: Cleaning up startup script resources

Jul 29 14:52:18 localhost kernel[0]: Matching service count = 1

Jul 29 14:52:18 localhost sudo[61]: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/rm -rf /etc/com.apple.su.startup

Jul 29 14:52:18 localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::probe(MacPro2,1)

Jul 29 14:52:18 localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::probe fails

Jul 29 14:52:18 localhost CoreRAIDServer[35]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[67]: starting

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ...Generating key pair...

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ...creating certificate...

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Serial Number : 13 D0 AA F1

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Issuer Name :

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Common Name : com.apple.systemdefault

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Org : System Identity

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Subject Name :

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Common Name : com.apple.systemdefault

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Org : System Identity

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Cert Sig Algorithm : OID : < 06 09 2A 86 48 86 F7 0D 01 01 05 >

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: alg params : 05 00

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Not Before : 21:52:19 Jul 29, 2009

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Not After : 21:52:19 Jul 24, 2029

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Pub Key Algorithm : OID : < 06 09 2A 86 48 86 F7 0D 01 01 01 >

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: alg params : 05 00

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Pub key Bytes : Length 140 bytes : 30 81 89 02 81 81 00 DC ...

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: CSSM Key :

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Algorithm : RSA

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Key Size : 1024 bits

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Key Use : CSSM_KEYUSE_ENCRYPT CSSM_KEYUSE_VERIFY CSSM_KEYUSE_WRAP

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Signature : 128 bytes : 96 6E D4 70 FC FB B6 ED ...

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Other field: : OID : < 06 0C 60 86 48 01 86 F8 4D 02 01 01 01 17 >

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Other field: : OID : < 06 0C 60 86 48 01 86 F8 4D 02 01 01 01 16 >

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Extension struct : OID : < 06 03 55 1D 25 >

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Critical : FALSE

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: purpose 0 : OID : < 06 09 2A 86 48 86 F7 63 64 04 04 >

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ..cert stored in Keychain.

Jul 29 14:52:19 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ..identity registered for domain com.apple.systemdefault.

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost kernel[0]: AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (28000000)AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (28000000)

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ...Generating key pair...

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ...creating certificate...

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Serial Number : 7F 52 17 A3

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Issuer Name :

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Common Name : com.apple.kerberos.kdc

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Org : System Identity

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Subject Name :

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Common Name : com.apple.kerberos.kdc

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Org : System Identity

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Cert Sig Algorithm : OID : < 06 09 2A 86 48 86 F7 0D 01 01 05 >

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: alg params : 05 00

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Not Before : 21:52:20 Jul 29, 2009

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Not After : 21:52:20 Jul 24, 2029

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Pub Key Algorithm : OID : < 06 09 2A 86 48 86 F7 0D 01 01 01 >

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: alg params : 05 00

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Pub key Bytes : Length 140 bytes : 30 81 89 02 81 81 00 A7 ...

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: CSSM Key :

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Algorithm : RSA

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Key Size : 1024 bits

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Key Use : CSSM_KEYUSE_ENCRYPT CSSM_KEYUSE_VERIFY CSSM_KEYUSE_WRAP

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Signature : 128 bytes : 0E 04 CF 05 55 D6 BE 6B ...

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Other field: : OID : < 06 0C 60 86 48 01 86 F8 4D 02 01 01 01 17 >

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Other field: : OID : < 06 0C 60 86 48 01 86 F8 4D 02 01 01 01 16 >

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Extension struct : OID : < 06 03 55 1D 25 >

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Critical : FALSE

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: purpose 0 : OID : < 06 09 2A 86 48 86 F7 63 64 04 04 >

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ..cert stored in Keychain.

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: ..identity registered for domain com.apple.kerberos.kdc.

Jul 29 14:52:20 localhost sudo[72]: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/rm -f /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.su.startup.plist

Jul 29 14:52:22 localhost kernel[0]: AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed

Jul 29 14:52:22: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jul 29 14:52:22 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

Jul 29 14:52:22: --- last message repeated 2 times ---

Jul 29 14:52:22 localhost ifcstart[27]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:23 localhost mDNSResponder[24]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:23 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.aslmanager): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Jul 29 14:52:23 localhost backupd-helper[90]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:23 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: launchctl: Error unloading: com.apple.kdcmond

Jul 29 14:52:23 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.aslmanager): Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Jul 29 14:52:23: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jul 29 14:52:23 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/sbin/kadmin.local-q add_principal -randkey afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:24.389 kadmin.local[98:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost configd[37]: InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: WARNING: no policy specified for afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B; defaulting to no policy

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost kadmin.local[98]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Authenticating as principal root/admin@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with password.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Principal "afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B" created.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost kadmin.local[102]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/sbin/kadmin.local-q ktadd afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:24.602 kadmin.local[102:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.aslmanager): Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds

Jul 29 14:52:24: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Authenticating as principal root/admin@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with password.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Entry for principal afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with kvno 3, encryption type Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1 added to keytab WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Entry for principal afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with kvno 3, encryption type ArcFour with HMAC/md5 added to keytab WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab.

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with kvno 3, encryption type DES cbc mode with CRC-32 added to keytab WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab.

Jul 29 14:52:24 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleFileServer kerberosPrincipal afpserver/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost defaults[105]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:25.465 defaults[105:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/sbin/kadmin.local-q add_principal -randkey cifs/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost kadmin.local[108]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:25.486 kadmin.local[108:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: WARNING: no policy specified for cifs/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Authenticating as principal root/admin@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with password.

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Principal "cifs/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/sbin/kadmin.local-q ktadd cifs/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost kadmin.local[109]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:25.532 kadmin.local[109:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Authenticating as principal root/admin@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with password.

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Entry for principal cifs/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with kvno 3, encryption type Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1 added to keytab WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab.

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Entry for principal cifs/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with kvno 3, encryption type ArcFour with HMAC/md5 added to keytab WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab.

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B with kvno 3, encryption type DES cbc mode with CRC-32 added to keytab WRFILE:/etc/krb5.keytab.

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost defaults[110]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/bin/defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server LocalKerberosRealm LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:25.637 defaults[110:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/sbin/kadmin.local-q add_principal -randkey vnc/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:25.678 kadmin.local[111:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: WARNING: no policy specified for vnc/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost kadmin.local[111]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Principal "vnc/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: /usr/sbin/kadmin.local-q ktadd vnc/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

5CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: 2009-07-29 14:52:25.788 kadmin.local[112:10b] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost kadmin.local[112]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Entry for principal vnc/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: Entry for principal vnc/LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B@LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF96

Jul 29 14:52:25 localhost com.apple.configureLocalKDC[36]: LKDC:SHA1.5FC254794FCFE19EF965CFBA8AFCE8F978138D5B

Jul 29 14:52:28 localhost mDNSResponder[24]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default “MacPro-000000000000” instead

Jul 29 14:52:28 localhost mDNSResponder[24]: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “MacPro-000000000000.local” instead

Jul 29 14:52:30 localhost configd[37]: New network configuration saved

Jul 29 14:52:30 localhost mDNSResponder[24]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default “MacPro-000000000000” instead

Jul 29 14:52:30 localhost mDNSResponder[24]: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “MacPro-000000000000.local” instead

Jul 29 14:52:33 localhost kextd[10]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym

Jul 29 14:52:43 localhost backupd-helper[120]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Last visible line in -v mode was

Jul 29 14:52:30 localhost mDNSResponder[24]: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “MacPro-000000000000.local

Hope you can help me. Installing chameleon without kexts and only install disabler, dsmos and openrehalt didn't help.

I tried to install Kalyway 10.5.2 ,and after about 20 % installing , i received the message :

MAC OS X could not be installed on your computer.

The installer could not install some files in " /volumes / ....

Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Is something wrong with the hardware or with the software ?

I burned the DVD @ 10 x

I try again,i'll burn it now at 4 x

Back again.

Burned at 4 x ,installed.

I have a few questions,guys.

I have dual boot now. XP (for gaming ) and MAC OS X.Everytime when i wanna use MAC OS X,do i have to change from BIOS, the "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY" .

I thought there is a Grub / Lilo bootloader,like in Linux.It's very easy this way.

After rebooting,i only have to select the OS (Linux or XP ),with the keyboard arrow.

Is that possible to have it the same way,using MAC OS X and XP , dual boot ?

Now that i have 10.5.2 ,is it possible to update to 10.5. xxx ?? If "yes" how ? Installing a new DVD ?

I haven't found any GTX 285 drivers. Actually i did,but i received the message " the OS is outdatet for this driver" ... something like that.

Please help me with some infos /links /

Thanks a million.