[GUIDE] Retail OS X Install (10.5.8) on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (Core i7) Mobo

digital_dreamer

3,054 posts in this topic

I have this same cooler and mine is at the normal setting right now. So you are saying I can turn it down with PWM in the BIOS?

Yes, look around the BIOS. On my board it's call PC Health Status or something like that. Then there are two separate setting. The first is called "CPU Fan Control" which you have to enable. And then you have to set the type of Fan Control to PWM. When done, your machine will be quieter although your idle temp will probably be somewhat higher.

Hey guys just want to say thank you for all the advances on the OSx86 front. My old shuttle box died a couple months back and never got around to replace it. Last Sunday I randomly got the idea to build a new Hackintosh and deck it to replace my old HTPC setup (the shuttle box). I wanted to store my blurays and play them through Plex. Here is the beast I put together.

Intel Core i7 920

Zalman CNPS9900LED w/AS5

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600

Pioneer BRD-203BKS Bluray Burner

OCZ Summit 60GB SSD for my OS

3Ware 9650SE-4LPML Hardware RAID card w/ 4x Western Digital WD10EADS 1 TB drives in RAID5 (2.72TB total)

Zotac GeForce 9500GT DVI, HDMI, and Display Port (wanted a low power low noise/heat for my HTPC)

Coolermaster RS-700AMBA-D3 modular power supply 80 Plus certified

Lian Li PC-C33B HTPC case

This machine is extremely fast. I am using it for ripping my Bluray collection and random video encoding. I built this machine for a dedicated Plex box. I wanted it to be extremely fast and have a secure true hardware RAID solution to keep my stuff safe.

Here is a quick XBench before I got the Video card fully supported. I disabled the video tests. I mainly wanted to see the Raid and SSD performance. Can anyone recommend the best program to test the HD speeds?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_VJI3RFcoMN0/SnUNNB00...Picture%201.png

Picture%201.png

Futility,

I am interested in getting my MOTU drivers installed. I have firewire working that doesn't get acknowledged after MOTU driver install (Also a MOTU MIDI Timepiece AV not recognized). I have a Newer Technology MiniStack v. 3 connected on the mobo firewire input on the back and have tested it on the Antec case firewire connected to the mobo - both work. I have a MOTU 896HD connected via firewire.

....deleted....

I really don't know where to start. We are however running very similar systems with Logic, and firewire audio, and usb midi controllers and what not. Even though your firewire is working, it isn't working correctly. Chameleon 2 RC2 r640 has fixed the full secure bug. Something is not installed correctly.

At the very least, please try repairPermissions by going to the terminal and typing:

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

That's what probably fixed my machine.

Also, to help trouble shoot. You should go to the /Utilities/Console and select All Messages and type "error" in the search field. Another good search is "firewire"

Lastly, and this may sound a little crazy, try booting with just disabler.kext and dsmos.kext. A lot of those kexts have unpleasant side-effects. I've been slowly weeding them out one by one. My next big project is to roll my own Platform and Controller plists so I can use my onboard audio and still be able to use WaveBurner Pro with my firewire interface.

Using a hackintosh involves a lot of trial and error. In the end I believe it's worth it. Good luck.

Yes, look around the BIOS. On my board it's call PC Health Status or something like that. Then there are two separate setting. The first is called "CPU Fan Control" which you have to enable. And then you have to set the type of Fan Control to PWM. When done, your machine will be quieter although your idle temp will probably be somewhat higher.

Thanks. I will give it a shot when I get home. I have the same board. I will be running stock speeds since I need it to be quiet. It's my HTPC.

I want to thank DD and the others for this guide. I now have a EX58-UD4P working with a GeForce 285. :thumbsup_anim:

I have looked through these posts and I can't really find anything relating to the temp of the processor. I really feel that compared to Windows my machine is running hot. I have the 920 and the stock CPU cooler, my machine is not overclocked but at idle the cores are sitting about 50℃ (I am using Temperature Monitor from the link in the first post). In the pic by DD after running Prime for 5 hours your processor is running at about 89℃, mine is doing this after about 30 min of using Handbrake. My system has not crashed do to heat but when I boot back into Windows and use the Gigabyte utility, it shows that at idle the process is running at about 30℃.

What kind of temp reading are other people getting? Is this normal with Mac OSX and the i7 chip?

Once again everyone, thanks for the great guides, they really made doing something like this pretty easy.

I was getting 47C on idle with stock cooler, now I get around 55C because I set it on the BIOS to silent mode. Using a D0 stepping here.

Ok well after setting it to PWM mode and the fan still at full speed 2000rpm my Zalman 9900 was really loud. I knew something was not right so I googled PWM and the UD5 board model number. If you have a firmware older than the latest f8 BIOS then PWM does not work. I had a f7c version and as soon as I flashed to f8f it is now working and my fan is dead silent at around 980 rpm. You had a f8 version BIOS so that is why it was working for you :)

Latest BIOS links http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

I want to thank you guys for posting responses to my questions. I am :wacko: enjoying my system at the moment. This computer is superior/superlative in every way.

After posting yesterday I went ahead and did a full reinstall which resulted in a fully functioning system with, as yet, no problems. The Retail Leopard install took about a half hour. Logic took the rest of the day. I am posting this with those in mind who are setting this system up to work with Firewire Audio - specifically MOTU firewire audio. Quick and dirty is do a clean retail install using only kexts provided with DD's script without any audio kexts. This leaves the SLE folder pristine as regards audio and is what (in my opinion) makes the MOTU Firewire install function. Also, no Kernel or System kexts should be installed using this method as 10.5.7 works without additional kernel or system.kext. I would advise using a practice hard drive to run DD's script on a few times (he he he) just to get familiar, it is the foundation of this install. If you understand DD's script this install is actually dead simple. Good Luck.

Computer with EX58-UD5 mobo Installation procedure:

I have three hard drives - 1 - 1TB WD Caviar w/Kalyway 10.5.2

1 - 1TB WD Caviar w/Kalyway 10.5.2

1 - 300GB WD Velociraptor - newly reformatted - reformat for every new install (which shouldn't be but probably will be done many, many, many, many times...all work and no play makes Jack...)

I have found that having three is ideal. The target drive for a clean retail install being the Velociraptor, I use the other two for storage and running the script. My experience with the Kalyway/Iatkos/etc is that they bonk without provocation/human error. So three gives a higher probability of getting through the heuristic mill without undue taxation on the human working for the machine.

So, steps I took to get an essentially perfectly functioning system.

1. Gather necessities -

1 - Leopard Retail DVD 10.5.6 - I have the Family Pak

2 - DD's 3.7 install script - I had used beta but didn't function well - probably because 10.5.7 is not Snow Leopard - I realized this after installing from the beta script installer on the assumption that it was then after research realized that my 10.5.7 is not Snow Leopard. After searching for Snow Leopard download decided I would rather wait until it's released and pre-ordered Snow Leopard from Amazon.com.

3 - DD's EX58-UD5 Kext Folder - Not necessary if you download the installer that includes kexts which is what I prefer. Modify the kexts in the script installer folder only those are the kexts the installer will deal with.

4 - Chameleon rc2 640

5 - Download of 10.5.7 Combo Update from apple.com

6 - GParted Live CD

7 - OSX86Tools Utility - I use this to tweak the Graphics EFI string in the PList after install but it's nice to have beforehand so you don't have to waste time getting graphics working. I find the video card to be the first thing I want to have working. I would advise against using OSX86Tools for anything other than editing graphics Plist, DD's script is far more effective even after install.

8. PList Edit Pro - I use this to add the UUID from the Retail DVD to the UUID.kext inside DD's Kext folder prior to install.

That's all the materials I used to install Vanilla Retail.

Procedures:

1 - Boot from GParted Live CD - format the target drive - I used FAT32.

2 - Boot into a Kalyway OS

3 - Run Disk Utility on target drive - Partition target drive - GUID Partition Table, Mac OS Extended Journaled, Name the drive: mine is named 'raptor'

4 - At this point I run a script from terminal to format the EFI partition - On this I am hoping for feedback from DD/Futility as to the necessity or pointlessness/redundancy/etc. Anyway this is the command:

root: diskutil list

root: diskutil EraseVolume HFS+ EFI /dev/disk0s1

The 'list' command will return info re: volume name etc.

The 'EraseVolume' command will erase the FAT32 EFI partition and reformat to HFS+ - again this may be unnecessary/redundant but from reading the EFI methods it seems harmless and effective though I would say the jury is out on the latter.

5 - Run Chameleon rc2 640 installer - if you use this installer don't use the Chameleon installer with DD's script: Option 1. Make certain you choose the correct target drive to install chameleon - this is one of those points where one of your Kalyway installs could get killed if you mistakenly choose the wrong drive.

Chameleon installer has a 'Customize' option - click this.

I chose: Chameleon EFI HFS

Options: EHCIacquire

EthernetBuiltin

GraphicsEnabler

UHCIreset

Themes: I left checked

Extras: Kexts - Some of this has to be redundant if you're running DD's script installer. I would like to hear some feedback on this/how this Chameleon functions if these kexts and the kexts from DD's scripts are used...that's how I did it. I left Kexts checked and installed them all. I don't know what chameleon standard install does or how this installer differs from the Chameleon installer that is run from DD's script or whether the aforementioned HFS+ formating from Terminal is, again, redundant. For the sake of clarity I believe it would be helpful to air these issues out in this forum.

6 - Go into the Kext folder that accompanies DD's Script Installer - deposit audio kexts into repository folder that is inside the audio folder - you don't want to install any audio kexts. This allowed me to have a functioning MOTU Firewire Driver - I say this to anyone who is attempting to get a firewire audio driver/unit to work with this install. After much trial and error I could not get any System Audio, i.e. the 889a built in audio, working using the kexts provided with the script installer or from any other source in all of cyberspace. Also, I found that installing MOTU Firewire Drivers into SLE after screwing with the SLE audio kexts resulted in a non-functioning Firewire Driver, i.e. my MOTU 896HD was not recognized by System Audio or Logic.

All other folders I left untouched resulting in a kext choice of:

_ATA

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

LegacyJMicronATAAIDE.kext

LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext

_Audio

None

_Graphics

ATY_Init.kext

_Networking

IONetworkingFamily.kext

_Misc_Patches

Disabler.kext

dsmos.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

UUID.kext

7 - Place Leopard Retail DVD into DVD Drive

8 - Acquire 'UUID' of Leopard Disk - Right Click on Leopard DVD and click 'Show Package Contents' it will return:

Name : Mac OS X Install DVD

Type : Volume

Disk Identifier : disk3s3

Mount Point : /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD

File System : Mac OS Extended

Connection Bus : Serial ATA 2

Device Tree : /PCI0@0/IDE1@1F,2/PRIM@0/PMP@0/@0:3

Writable : No

This Line: Universal Unique Identifier : xxxxAC46-7A42-3DC6-A3A6-386F58A72452 (not the real UUID)

Capacity : 7.1 GB (7,586,078,720 Bytes)

Free Space : 31.2 MB (32,698,368 Bytes)

Used : 7.0 GB (7,553,380,352 Bytes)

Number of Files : 17,440

Number of Folders : 8,073

Owners Enabled : No

Can Turn Owners Off : Yes

Can Be Formatted : Yes

Bootable : Yes

Supports Journaling : Yes

Journaled : No

Disk Number : 3

Partition Number : 3

9 - Copy UUID into UUID.kext using PList Editor

Right click on UUID.kext and click 'Show Package Contents' navigate to 'Info.Plist' open with PList Editor insert UUID of Leopard Retail DVD into the appropriate line.

10 - Open the target drive and create a folder named 'Extra'

11 - Open the folder 'Extra' and create a folder named 'Stored_Kexts'

12 - Open the folder 'Stored_Kexts' and create a folder named '_For_System'

This is all necessary because the Chameleon installer will not be run from DD's script. Step 12 is optional but I found it to be a brilliant method for dealing with the trial and error process of installing/uninstalling kexts after completing the script and booting into the target drive.

13 - Run DD's script - Given that the prior steps have been done you can begin with Option 3 - Set Partition Active - If this is the partition you want to be active.

14 - Option 4 - run Retail DVD.

15 - Option 5 - run kext/kernel installer - with 10.5.6 and the 10.5.7 Combo Update you will not need a Kernel or System kext.

16. Option 6 - Update boot Caches.

17. Option 7 - Run DSDT patcher - this I am on the fence about...I think I ran it but then deleted the dsdt.aml file and the plist that were put in the Extra folder on my target drive. For certain there is not a dsdt or plist file in my Extra folder on my target drive.

A couple of notes - Kext permissons installed by DD's script installer are addressed via the script making any further blessings redundant/unnecessary, this will save you loads of time if your playing with kext configurations.

You can continue with the script but after this point the script addresses mostly cosmetic issues, I would, however, reboot or exit from the script.

18 - Reboot into the same drive (the kalyway os you have been working from), i.e. not the target drive.

19 - Run 10.5.7 Combo Updater - reboot into Kalyway drive.

20 - Repair Permissions for the target drive via Disk Utility from the Kalyway drive.

20 - Restart

21 - Boot into the target drive and open OSX86Tools Utility

22 - Address your Graphics card following the OSX86Tools requirements - make sure you save the string to plist.

Restart and done.

This gave me - with the exception of on-board audio - a fully working system but I am using MOTU firewire audio and can use iTune/Logic/etc. I have installed third party apps and done a software update via the system software updater all work fine. Graphics work. Sleep works. Restart works. Temp is 32C. All 12GB ram is working and bios is set to 64bit mode. No strange lines while booting/no yellow lines while booting with -v. No OC as this system doesn't really need it and I don't see the point of stressing the parts.

I hope to get some feedback from the gurus. I apologize if this is too long. I wanted to paint a picture of exactly what I did so you sages can cogitate on the variables. I have been working on getting this mobo working for a while and wanted to give something back to this forum because it has been invaluable to me...thank you all...esp DD, Futility, ryansimms, etc...you know who you are. I bought and assembled all the parts a few months ago and after many hours of frustration set it aside until last week. I finally have the system I was shooting for. If this system remains stable I will leave it alone until Snow Leopard ships at which time I will consult this forum again hopefully this mobo will not have been replaced by a younger, hotter model...I can't afford it just now.

If I missed anything or made any mistakes please let me know. I wrote this 'recipe' as best I could with the intent of helping move the process along. Good Luck.

I really don't know where to start. We are however running very similar systems with Logic, and firewire audio, and usb midi controllers and what not. Even though your firewire is working, it isn't working correctly. Chameleon 2 RC2 r640 has fixed the full secure bug. Something is not installed correctly.

At the very least, please try repairPermissions by going to the terminal and typing:

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

That's what probably fixed my machine.

Also, to help trouble shoot. You should go to the /Utilities/Console and select All Messages and type "error" in the search field. Another good search is "firewire"

Lastly, and this may sound a little crazy, try booting with just disabler.kext and dsmos.kext. A lot of those kexts have unpleasant side-effects. I've been slowly weeding them out one by one. My next big project is to roll my own Platform and Controller plists so I can use my onboard audio and still be able to use WaveBurner Pro with my firewire interface.

Using a hackintosh involves a lot of trial and error. In the end I believe it's worth it. Good luck.

Futility,

Thank you for the response. I got the system working. Please keep me in the loop on the rolling your own scene. I would like to have onboard audio working...if for no other reason than just general principal...it just doesn't feel all the way done yet. I am holding out hope that Snow Leopard might bring this board into fully operational in the same manner that 10.5.7 improved compatibility. PM me if you want/can (I haven't explored the features on this forum enough to know the variables) if you have success with the on-board audio kext/config.

I agree that the minimalist approach re: kexts is the most favorable. That is what did it for me - having a pristine Retail install re: audio in SLE...at least that is my diagnosis...FWIW.

Also, your USB stick approach is what moved me towards formatting the EFI partition on my target drive to HFS+ and then installing the rc2 640 Chameleon on EFI. I used DD's script and Kext but I am of the mind that the Retail install would have worked with only Chameleon rc2 640 and DVD, i.e. without the Kexts in DD's kext folder. On the other hand, I don't know whether the kexts in DD's kext folder are EX58-UD5 specific...I think they probably are...anyone have an opinion/fact. I'm so worn out from installing/rebooting/chasing squirrels that I need to put down the pipe for a while...

This process seems to be getting drilled down to a fine point...which is nice.

Cheers

Chameleon.tiff

NEW July 2009 NOTICE RELATED TO wolfienuke's script,

Wolfienuke gave up on his EFIv8 script and you should read more to understand the game plan as to what to do in response to that.

DD's script is better for us i7 people because Chameleon 2 made it easier to deal with kexts. The kexts are easily changeable in a folder that is accessible without terminal. Whereas munky/wolfienukes EFI bootloader needs commands from the terminal.

Munky, the creator of EFI bootloader method (the basis of wolfienuke's script), expects people to go to the Chameleon 2 platform. Chameleon 2 fixes bugs from EFIv9, wolfienuke's script is dated. If you still love EFI bootloader, it is still very much possible and easy to perform.

If you still dead set on EFI Boot Partition then there is a more in depth EFI Partition script called EPOS (features a auto kext updater and Cham2). I have tested it but I just like DD's script better. Link to EPOS. Unfortunately the script is generic, maybe someone can make a complete package for i7 because I have not used the newer EPOS yet.

Enjoy your hackintosh and have a good day.

How would one go about migrating from Wolfienuke's script to DD's keeping their current install intact? I've been getting kernel panics since the 10.5.7 update and wondering if switching to DD's method would help?

Thanks

Andy

Futility,

Thank you for the response. I got the system working. Please keep me in the loop on the rolling your own scene. I would like to have onboard audio working...if for no other reason than just general principal...it just doesn't feel all the way done yet. I am holding out hope that Snow Leopard might bring this board into fully operational in the same manner that 10.5.7 improved compatibility. PM me if you want/can (I haven't explored the features on this forum enough to know the variables) if you have success with the on-board audio kext/config.

I agree that the minimalist approach re: kexts is the most favorable. That is what did it for me - having a pristine Retail install re: audio in SLE...at least that is my diagnosis...FWIW.

Also, your USB stick approach is what moved me towards formatting the EFI partition on my target drive to HFS+ and then installing the rc2 640 Chameleon on EFI. I used DD's script and Kext but I am of the mind that the Retail install would have worked with only Chameleon rc2 640 and DVD, i.e. without the Kexts in DD's kext folder. On the other hand, I don't know whether the kexts in DD's kext folder are EX58-UD5 specific...I think they probably are...anyone have an opinion/fact. I'm so worn out from installing/rebooting/chasing squirrels that I need to put down the pipe for a while...

I'm glad you got everything working. There is something very satisfying about that moment of breakthrough. I must have restarted 50 times or more this weekend trying to figure out which kexts were causing which problems. Now everything is near perfect. I will definitely post my audio fix for UD5 when it is ready. I just need a free day to construct the two plists that are required. I can't say when that will be. Hopefully, in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

First of all, thank you so much for this script! I have a perfect vanilla install and it was amazingly quick and painless.

I am just having one problem, and I apologize if it was discussed elsewhere, but I absolutely can't sift through 121 pages of this topic. I am getting somewhat random kernel panics which I think are related to my optical drive. I have an old IDE DVD burner. I heard that IDE drives don't play well with these boards but it seemed to work ok. My kernel panic shows up in console as coreRAIDserver crashing (S/L/privateframeworks/coreRAID.framework/resources/coreRAIDserver).

Anyone know what this is or what to do about it? Is this a problem caused my my IDE optical drive?

How would one go about migrating from Wolfienuke's script to DD's keeping their current install intact? I've been getting kernel panics since the 10.5.7 update and wondering if switching to DD's method would help?

Thanks

Andy

Pretty easy, first erase the EFI partition.

Since you have a bootloader installed on that EFI partition and it's set as active, it will interfere with the boot process on that volume. You can't delete, but you can erase.

Replace the "X" with your disk number:

diskutil eraseVolume "HFS+" "EFI" /dev/diskXs1

Then Install bootloader, Set partition as active, Run kext/kernel installer, Update boot caches, Run DSDT patcher, Reboot.

That should get you up and running, you can then go ahead and tweak a few things using the script

So I have my system installed and working perfectly thanks to the DD script! I have used CCC to make a backup boot drive and I ran the script for that drive to install the boot loader (Chameleon) and it boots without a problem too!

I would like to use CCC to keep my backup boot drive fairly up to date. Do I need to rerun the script every time I use CCC or will CCC leave the bootloader alone?

Finally I got my System working a 100% now (Thanks to the community helping me with several issues), after fixing some errors I still don't understand (eg. I lost QE after updating to Chameleon 2 and couldn't enable it again - same update worked on the same install on my external disk...).

For now I got only two questions left:

1. Speedstep: Is hardware EIST function of the motherboard supported in OSX or is it running at 2,67GHz all the time? If not, would you recommend installing VoodooPower or any other speedstep kext?

2. When I try to boot OSX with a headset connected to front audio, i get a kernel panic caused by some HDA kext. Is there a way to fix this? I used standard HDA kexts that came with Mobo_Patch_Installer.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Another question: I know that there is no audio via HDMI support in OSX, but would it be possible to activate the onboard audio out which I can connect to my video card so that I finally get audio via hdmi withour osx knowing it? I think it has to be something like an internal SPDIF out...

Edit2: 10.5.8 Update is out now!

Any experiences yet? Is it safe for retail vanilla users?

Edit: Another question: I know that there is no audio via HDMI support in OSX, but would it be possible to activate the onboard audio out which I can connect to my video card so that I finally get audio via hdmi withour osx knowing it? I think it has to be something like an internal SPDIF out...

As far as I am aware the only way to pass audio through HDMI even in windows is to use the onboard SPDIF out (or the one on your sound card) connected to the video card and from that point it is all driver related in Windows. It's not like you can manually bypass it without OSX knowing. The drivers have to enable it. It would be sweet though.

Dreamer - do you anticipate updating to 10.5.8 to be problematic?

I just tested and my machine won't boot. Kernel Panic on boot up. I can't select and boot flags with chameleon since my KB doesn't work when it boots up.

LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext that is in the /Extra folder caused my kernel panic when I did the 10.5.8 update

So you may want to delete that file before updating to 10.5.8 and then update boot caches using DD's script

I just tested and my machine won't boot. Kernel Panic on boot up. I can't select and boot flags with chameleon since my KB doesn't work when it boots up.

You got to be kidding me!

I haven't tried, but I just downloaded it, but not installed. Will check it out with Pacifist.

MAJ

I just installed it on mine, kernel panic at boot :-(

Back to Windows until someone comes up with a fix...

Points to his earlier post..... LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext is your culprit!!

I updated to Chameleon 2.0 RC2 and the Jmicron drivers from them didnt cause a kernel panic. I believe the file that is needed is JMicronATAInjector.kext

As far as I am aware the only way to pass audio through HDMI even in windows is to use the onboard SPDIF out (or the one on your sound card) connected to the video card and from that point it is all driver related in Windows. It's not like you can manually bypass it without OSX knowing. The drivers have to enable it. It would be sweet though.

What I meant is that I know there is hardly any way to enable audio via HDMI e.g. on a Notebook. What i thought was that maybe we could enable this internal SPDIF and then the signal just gets through the video card to HDMI, but OSX thinks it's just another digital out. However, I don't know if this would have to be enabled by graphics driver too, or if the signal just stays "untouched" and is directly routed to HDMI port, which would propably make it a lot easier. So yes, the question would be if it's a graphics driver related issue, which would make it impossible, as far as I understand.

You got to be kidding me!

I haven't tried, but I just downloaded it, but not installed. Will check it out with Pacifist.

MAJ

My error. I updated my BIOS to get my CPU fan to work with PWM and I forgot to enable USB keyboard in the BIOS. I can now boot into safe mode. I will try to see what is going on.

Points to his earlier post..... LegacyJMicronJMB36xSATA.kext is your culprit!!

I updated to Chameleon 2.0 RC2 and the Jmicron drivers from them didnt cause a kernel panic. I believe the file that is needed is JMicronATAInjector.kext

So you are running 10.5.8 fine? I upgraded to Chameleon v2 RC2 and same thing with the Kernel panics. I have the JMicronATAInjector.kext.

The panic displays:

"Backtrace coninues....

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace...

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA(1.7.1a2).....

dependancy: com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib(1.7.1a2)...

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily(1.7.1a2)...

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.6.9fc5)...

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.6.9fc5)...

dependancy: com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib(1.1)..."

Kernel version is new. 9.8.0. It seems to be an audio driver issue for me.