736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Hi,

i'm a new membre.

Excuse for my english (i'm french).

Ok I Have a P5Q pro, and i would like to install in dual boot Windows XP (who is allready installed) and MAC OS X.

But I dont' know for the bios choose:

zip.gif 2102_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_by_Juzzi.zip ( 714.35K ) Number of downloads: 172

zip.gif 2002_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip ( 716.42K ) Number of downloads: 342

zip.gif 1613_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip ( 709.69K ) Number of downloads: 663

Can you help me? I think it is a last bios 1613. But i'm not sure.

Can you conrfirm?

Thanks a lot.

Crunch

For those of you who curious to update thru system update to 10.5.8.....

it works.

But just need to reinstall the sound kext, and AHCI fix 2 to kick out the orange icon.

for me I need to do something extra to bring my Smartscoll back...

That's what I need to do which take me 15 minutes and done

Again thankx Robert for building this retail P5Q install, work as if I am working on a real MAC

my config that perfect running 10.5.8

p5q-pro

8 g Adata 800 ram

OCZ Vertrx 60g SSD

Asus ATI 4870 512M

Asus 138 v2 WiFi G PCI adaptor

Intel Q9450 .

Enjoy.

My current Hackintosh is

ASUS P5Q

C2D E8400

4GB DDR2 PC6400

2X WD740ADFD

NVIDIA 8800GTS 320MB (G80)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GUITAR 3 RIG SESSION

LOGITECH MX1000

Updated to 10.5.8 but still have some issues

1) Can't get QE/CI to work with my 8800gts

2) Everytime computer boots I must unplug and replug the MX1000 mouse and Guitar RIg audio interface to work

any suggestions?

Thanks for this great thread Robert! It's certainly helped out a lot with my own install, and I'm sure your work has been invaluable to all the ASUS P5Q fans here :D

Just here to report 10.5.8 related issues. I updated to 10.5.8 a couple of days ago, and my P5Q3 is mostly functional. Initially it killed the audio, but reinstalling Marionez's 10.5.7 Slim ALC1200 kext package fixed that.

Now the only remaining issue, is that the update pretty much killed Sleep and Shutdown. The machine will not wake up from sleep (was working perfectly in 10.5.7). OS X will shut down, but my P5Q3 stays on, and has to be manually powered down (again, shutdown was working perfectly in 10.5.7)

I've tried installing the openhaltrestart.kext which seems to have worked for some people with different mobos. In this case, it did nothing to address the sleep/shutdown issue, and it killed the audio. I'll experiment some more and post my results!

hey guys I wanna buy a P5Q-EM and only want to know if the integrated graphic is QE/QI fully supported. I also wanna know if I can playback FullHD 1080 movies, because I want to build a media center!!

PS. is the HDMI connector the main differences between EM and VM versions?

cheers

Thanks for this great thread Robert! It's certainly helped out a lot with my own install, and I'm sure your work has been invaluable to all the ASUS P5Q fans here :D

Just here to report 10.5.8 related issues. I updated to 10.5.8 a couple of days ago, and my P5Q3 is mostly functional. Initially it killed the audio, but reinstalling Marionez's 10.5.7 Slim ALC1200 kext package fixed that.

Now the only remaining issue, is that the update pretty much killed Sleep and Shutdown. The machine will not wake up from sleep (was working perfectly in 10.5.7). OS X will shut down, but my P5Q3 stays on, and has to be manually powered down (again, shutdown was working perfectly in 10.5.7)

I've tried installing the openhaltrestart.kext which seems to have worked for some people with different mobos. In this case, it did nothing to address the sleep/shutdown issue, and it killed the audio. I'll experiment some more and post my results!

Having the same exact issue on my P5Q Deluxe. Everything works except for sleep and shutdown. Neither fully turns the computer off.

Having the same exact issue on my P5Q Deluxe. Everything works except for sleep and shutdown. Neither fully turns the computer off.

:P I still haven't figured this out. I tried removing the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (again, this worked for other users with different mobos), and that got sleep working again, but the CPU core temps skyrocketed from 40-42C, while idling, to 60-62C. Note: I'm not overclocking my CPU either.

Removing this kext also seemed to mess up restart (which worked fine).

Do I need to run DSDT patching? I never had to do that with 10.5.6./10.5.7, and I'm afraid it'll completely bork everything.

;) I still haven't figured this out. I tried removing the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (again, this worked for other users with different mobos), and that got sleep working again, but the CPU core temps skyrocketed from 40-42C, while idling, to 60-62C. Note: I'm not overclocking my CPU either.

Do I need to run DSDT patching? I never had to do that with 10.5.6./10.5.7, and I'm afraid it'll completely bork everything.

What are you using to check your CPU temperature?

Edit: I was fooling around and I got it to shutdown correctly ONCE. I could not reproduce it. I was looking into IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext and noticed I do not have it installed so I installed it and made no difference so I removed it. Then I removed OpenHaltRestart.kext since that was not working either. I was fooling around with the ACPI 2.0 setting in bios when I got it to shutdown once. I was playing with the settings while trying to figure out how to fix my ATA as the AppleVIAATA.kext was not working for me. I deleted AppleVIAATA.kext with ACIP 2.0 enabled it and it worked but a reboot it hanged again. Probably just a fluke.

:D I still haven't figured this out. I tried removing the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext (again, this worked for other users with different mobos), and that got sleep working again, but the CPU core temps skyrocketed from 40-42C, while idling, to 60-62C. Note: I'm not overclocking my CPU either.

I have a P5Q-E board. To solve sleep (forced/timed) and shutdown/restart, I did this:

1. Patch a DSDT.aml file and put in in the root or Extra folder.

2. Change your appleIntelPowerManagement.kext (10.5.8) with the 10.5.7 version (remember to fix permission)

3. Remove decrypt.kext or IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

4. restart

I still have high CPU temperature, but I'm sure it will be fixed one of this days by the guru's :-)

I daily visits this site and Netkas site, to see if someone has a better solution.

I have a P5Q-E board. To solve sleep (forced/timed) and shutdown/restart, I did this:

2. Change your appleIntelPowerManagement.kext (10.5.8) with the 10.5.7 version (remember to fix permission)

4. restart

I still have high CPU temperature, but I'm sure it will be fixed one of this days by the guru's :-)

I daily visits this site and Netkas site, to see if someone has a better solution.

Can you upload your AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext? Thanks.

I've got a retail disc of 10.5 but it's 10.5 and not 10.5.5. Is this a problem? Anyway for me to slipstream the 10.5.5 update a create a new install disc? I've got a couple Macs running OS X and Windows so I can anything that'll work.

Hi,

I just installed again retail Mac OS X on my desktop and restart work fine but sleep and shutdown no work. I've already tried to install OpenHaltRestart.kext and PowerOff bug fix. But still cannot. BIOS setting of my mobo is still in default setting except AHCI mode in HDD. Do I need to change some power setting?

Could someone pls help me? My PC's spec as below....

Thanks in advance!

K I got my shutdown to work.

I deleted my AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext and it shuts down properly. Then I decided to do a check permission and it broke again. So I tried to put the kext back and upon restart I got a KP. Restarted again got into OSX. Shut down and it works. Tried like 10 times in a row now shuts down every time. No clue why it works though.

Re: Original Post > MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

Robert_Xes,

I followed only part of your guide, and managed to get Retail Leopard running on the ASUS P5Q.

I actually own a copy of 10.5.4, so I decided to use only parts of your guide to get my rig running.

I have two hard drives, the first hard drive has Chameleon RC1 and Retail Leopard, the second hard drive has Windows Vista, and they both work great; i don't have any booting issues, afaik. So long as the hard drive with Chameleon and Retail Leopard is designated as the primary boot device, there should not be a problem with booting Vista or Windows 7. It's probably worth mentioning that the setup I have, shutdown/restart/sleep function as intended, afaik.

I disabled on-board LAN and dropped in a NIC based on the Realtek 8169s(x) chipset; more specifically the NetGear GA311.

The update to 10.5.7 went great.... I was wondering if the same technique can be used with 10.5.8?

I was also hoping if I could collaborate with you on a PDF version of the guide -- suited only for the ASUS P5Q and perhaps the P5Q-E motherboards...?

Thanks!

Peace,

IanT

My rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Processor

ASUS P5Q Motherboard

(2x2)4GB DDR2 8500

Audio - On-board ALC1200

nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB Superclocked via GFX Strings

1 Western Digital WD1001FALS - Vista

1 Seagate 500GB 7200.12 - OS X Leopard with Chameleon (primary boot device)

Antec Sonata Elite Chassis

Antec NeoPower 500 PSU

OptiArc SATA DVD-RW

Robert_Xes,

I followed only part of your guide, and managed to get Retail Leopard running on the ASUS P5Q.

I actually own a copy of 10.5.4, so I decided to use only parts of your guide to get my rig running.

I have two hard drives, the first hard drive has Chameleon RC1 and Retail Leopard, the second hard drive has Windows Vista, and they both work great; i don't have any booting issues, afaik. So long as the hard drive with Chameleon and Retail Leopard is designated as the primary boot device, there should not be a problem with booting Vista or Windows 7. It's probably worth mentioning that the setup I have, shutdown/restart/sleep function as intended, afaik.

I disabled on-board LAN and dropped in a NIC based on the Realtek 8169s(x) chipset; more specifically the NetGear GA311.

The update to 10.5.7 went great.... I was wondering if the same technique can be used with 10.5.8?

I was also hoping if I could collaborate with you on a PDF version of the guide -- suited only for the ASUS P5Q and perhaps the P5Q-E motherboards...?

Thanks!

Peace,

IanT

My rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Processor

ASUS P5Q Motherboard

(2x2)4GB DDR2 8500

Audio - On-board ALC1200

nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB Superclocked via GFX Strings

1 Western Digital WD1001FALS - Vista

1 Seagate 500GB 7200.12 - OS X Leopard with Chameleon (primary boot device)

Antec Sonata Elite Chassis

Antec NeoPower 500 PSU

OptiArc SATA DVD-RW

I updated my system with 10.5.8 and it is working fine.....

Sure no problem if you have a pdf guide I will upload it......

4. restart

Hi, I followed your instruction but I got the KP at reboot and couldn't even enter into the OS when I used appleIntelPowerManagement.kext (10.5.7).

So I leave it as 10.5.8 version and I got sleep fix but still not get to pass the shutdown process.

Anyway, what is your Graphic card? How do you think it is because of the Graphic card?

Current idle CPU temp is around 50C

thanks

Hi Robert,

I have a P5Q Deluxe board, and have followed your guide.

I installed the 2001 rom by Juzzi, and then left all settings in bios default apart from AHCI in drives, and boot device set to my sata dvd drive.

I have 2 separate drives in the case, and was going to install W7 on one, and OS X on the other.

I put the boot 123 disc in, and it booted. I switched to the OS X retail disc hit return, and it wouldn't see it as a startup volume. I tried going from 80 through to 89, but no joy.

I'm sure i'm missing something very minor! any suggestions?

Hi, I followed your instruction but I got the KP at reboot and couldn't even enter into the OS when I used appleIntelPowerManagement.kext (10.5.7).

So I leave it as 10.5.8 version and I got sleep fix but still not get to pass the shutdown process.

Anyway, what is your Graphic card? How do you think it is because of the Graphic card?

Current idle CPU temp is around 50C

thanks

Try removing AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext totally.

Hi there!

I want to ask some questions!

My rig is:

Asus P5Q-E

E4300 1.8ghz OC at 3.6Ghz.

2x2GB G.skill DDR2 Ram at 1066mhz.

Hdd 1 WD raptop 150GB

Hdd 2 WD 320GB Sata2

Hdd 3 WD 200GB IDE

Dvd Sata Nec

MSI 8600Gts 256Mb

SoundMax ADI AD2000b.

I have installed Leopard 10.5.8 retail.

I have some problems and i ll be happy if u can help me!

1)Sleep is not working.restart and shutdown sometimes work and sometimes dont.

2)Restart and shutdown sometimes work and sometimes dont.

3)One more problem is that sometimes computers freezes and says that it wants to restart...Most times when i unzip or copying big files....Why is that??I dont think that is the overclocking because at windows 7 all working just fine and never freezes.....Any solution please?cause every time it freezes i am loosing all the work i did before and all the files utorrent has downloaded.....

4)What is the best driver for my sound card Ad200b?

I have creative inspire 5.1 speakers but 5.1 surround sound doesnt work...

I have tried HDAapple.kext but 5.1 doesnt not work.

Now i am using voodooHD.kext but true sourround is not working either.

The speakers are working now but they all play the same sounds...Any fix for this?

All the others are working fine!

Thnks for the wonderfull guide!!!

MAGNIFIQUE !! OS x 10,5,8 update installed, network ,sound and webcam fully working, with chameleon 2 as bootloader. IMPRESSIVE

P5Q

Q9450 @ 3,2 GHz

2 * 2048 G Skill @ 1008 MHz

HD4850

Viewsonic 22" webcam integrated

Thanx for the guide, thanx to apple :wacko:

Hi to all!

hope someone could help me installing iPC or iATKOS on my ASUS P5VD2-VM-SE (desktop)

i've tried a lots of attempts but still can't install. a very annoying images appear on first boot of MAC, or when trying to press F8 and type -v, a prompt on the lower part says "still waiting for root device"

i'm running vista right now. should i install a fresh copy of iPC or can i run dual OS?

thanks in advance. its really a great help!!!

MAGNIFIQUE !! OS x 10,5,8 update installed, network ,sound and webcam fully working, with chameleon 2 as bootloader. IMPRESSIVE

How did you install the update. Did you just download & install from software update?

Edit - I have installed 10.5.8 and all went well apart from the NIC. I reinstalled with the Kext helper and restarted but it would not start up again. So I removed the IONetworkingFamily.Kext and it booted up OK.

I reinstalled the kext again and went into system prefs and then into networks and it found the card and worked. But on a reboot it does not boot up again. I have repair permissions but no luck.

Any ideas. Thanks

Hi Gorillablume,

It's funny we met the same predicament almost at the same time. Besides, I also noticed that the "about this mac" and "system profile" show the improper data. I found the same thread as yours. I don't know what is a "pc-efi patch", and I believe it's all about the AppleSMBIOS.kext.

The version of AppleSMBIOS in 10.5.6 is the latest which I think doesn't fit our mobo. I tried several older versions and I found the one in the boot_132 works. I can imported video clips from my Canon HG10 into iMovie09 and the "system profile" can show something correct in the "hardware overview".

I also tried a version 1.0.14 AppleSMBIOS which I don't know where I downloaded it from, and it also works.

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

I suggest you to try them. Don't forget to remove the one in S/L/E before you instal it.

Good Luck!

Great solution!!!!!! Iwas looking for this about 2 month. Thanks.

after probe this solution I upgrade to 10.5.8 and don´t forget visit http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;#entry832395 to solve some problems with usb, beacuse after upgrade usb mount fails.

;-)