RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Hi!

Almost works all, but my memorie running on 800Mhz, not on 1066Mhz.

Under Leopard was the memorie identify greet. I changed the smbios.

I can't change to good memorie frequency under snow.

This problem was in 10.6, 10.6.1, 10.6.2

Have anybody idea for me?

• 2 weeks later...

A newbie here :-)

I've got the P5QL-Pro and understand the first thing I need is to update with a patched BIOS but I cannot seem to find that file anywhere. The link in the guide doesn't seem to be working, or am I doing something wrong?

I've got the P5QL-Pro and understand the first thing I need is to update with a patched BIOS but I cannot seem to find that file anywhere. The link in the guide doesn't seem to be working, or am I doing something wrong?

No..

as a mater of fact you are doing everything ok, but looks like a moderator from this board choosed to erase Juzzy's page with all the Bios update...

This is not nice from they behalf, and i will like that moderator to be punnished, and the page relisted ...

take care ...

Sorry Guys........For a long time I was not able to post anything on this thread........Actually my motherboard and my Graphics Card both broke down.....Hence I had to get it replaced.... I got the Motherboard replaced but I was not able to replace the Graphics Card...the dealers told me that because of the rust in the graphic card they wont be able to replace it....I am so frustrated now.....

No worries I will be getting a new Graphics Card and once I do that....I will be back with the Update........I will try to install Snow Leopard on the machine and then will update the thread once I do that .....

im on the same boat waiting for an updated SLIC 2.1 OSX patched bios for P5QL PRO.

The latest one is version 1004 from this link.

Just remember that in the System Profiler it won't show you the Audio but when you go to System Preferences > Audio you will be able to see the audio options.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1067599

Sometimes the option selected is Internal Headphone you need to change it to Internal Speakers to get the aound

hi, how to have an automatic switch of the audio output? i have an applehda.kext modded on this forum

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to the forums found you guys via google looking for information for my latest project.

I am currently attempting to install OS X (XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final) this IS a Hackintosh disc. (I also have the retail disc)

I have a P5Q SE2 Motherboard and need the modded BIOS, but for the life of me i cannot read that ( http://www.applelife.ru/topic/9948-p5q-pro/ ) page i can only read and understand english and i have no idea what language that is in.

if anyone here would be kind enough to direct me to the download page for the BIOS i would appreciateit very much. TY

I've got the P5QL PRO but I can't seem to find the BIOS file anywhere. Do you know any other site where I's possible to find it or if you could perhaps send it to me?

I Found Out I Need A Patched/Modified Bios, I Need Bios 1060...Can't Find Links For it, Especially Since The New "2010 Rapidshare Limit"...

If You Could Tell Me What Modified Bios You Used Or A Link To It, I Would Greatly Appreciate It...

Thanks, Much Respect..

I've got the P5QL PRO but I can't seem to find the BIOS file anywhere. Do you know any other site where I's possible to find it or if you could perhaps send it to me?

I Found Out I Need A Patched/Modified Bios, I Need Bios 1060...Can't Find Links For it, Especially Since The New "2010 Rapidshare Limit"...

If You Could Tell Me What Modified Bios You Used Or A Link To It, I Would Greatly Appreciate It...

Thanks, Much Respect..

You can use this

0902-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_L_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_&_VISTA_SLIC_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

I'm new to the forums found you guys via google looking for information for my latest project.

I am currently attempting to install OS X (XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final) this IS a Hackintosh disc. (I also have the retail disc)

I have a P5Q SE2 Motherboard and need the modded BIOS, but for the life of me i cannot read that ( http://www.applelife.ru/topic/9948-p5q-pro/ ) page i can only read and understand english and i have no idea what language that is in.

if anyone here would be kind enough to direct me to the download page for the BIOS i would appreciateit very much. TY

No one has yet created a modified bios for your motherboard....

• 2 weeks later...

hey robert are you still running Leopard yourself or have you made the move to Snow Leopard

i saw a few guides out there for P5Q, but I like yours more... will you be writing us up a new one? :D

great work by the way! my system has been going strong for months

• 2 weeks later...
hey robert are you still running Leopard yourself or have you made the move to Snow Leopard

i saw a few guides out there for P5Q, but I like yours more... will you be writing us up a new one? :P

great work by the way! my system has been going strong for months

I am not getting that much timeto experiment....currently I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my old Gigabyte Motherboard GA-G31M-ES2L..... I will definitely write a guide once I get my ASUS P5Q motherboard connected after i buy a new Graphics Card.....I dont have much credit to buy a Graphics Card now........

Hi,

can i use AHCIfixv2_with_10.5.6_kexts__corrected_.zip for Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my P5Q ?

(i have one hdd on orange port)

Thx

I am not sure if that will work....since I have not tested it yet.............

MAC DRIVE 8 TO THE RESCUE ! FOR HFS CREATION.

ive been trying to install snow leopard (10.6) on a asus P5QL PRO motherboard.

one of the 'brick walls' ive hit and now over come is the problem of creating HFS journaled

partitions on a sats drive from win xp.

the tool mentioned to do this is 'gparted' , the idea being to burn its iso download to

create a windows boot disk. but the problems is gparted is a total total pain to use

because what you get upon boot is not a gui enviroment but a command line console.

gparted has to be combined with other software to get it to run as a gui from boot.

ANYWAY, TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT, THERE IS A GREAT DISK TOOL THAT RUNS FROM XP

TO GIVE HFS PARTITIONS. ITS CALLED 'MAC DRIVE 8', AND IS AVAILABLE FREE FOR 7 DAYS

AFTER LOADING FROM HERE

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

JUST CLICK ON THE FREE TRIAL ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE.

by the way, hfs journled partitions for mac drives are not the same as hfs+, they are like one step further in evolution and are in fact case sensitive partitions that are designed to resist power glitch

data loss etc. IN 'MAC DRIVE 8' YOU SHOULD SELECT 'HFSX' NOT HFS+ FOR HFS

JOURNLED PARTITIONS. I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS PULLING THEIR HAIR OUT OVER HFS

CREATION AND THE TRICKY 'GPARTED' UTILITY

FINALLY, A 'GUID' PARTITION IS NOT THE SAME AS HFS ONE AND WILL NOT FOR WORK FOR THE

ASUS P5QL PRO HACKINGTOSH GUIDE HERE.

Hey guys I`m hoping someone can point in the right direction here. I have been reading and trying to figure this out but here`s my problem. I can get snow leopard on my Asus P5Q-EM. I am able to get to the desktop and the internet works right away. My first problem is I could never get the onboard audio to work. I tried downloading the driver and used the kext helper. It said it installed fine but when I rebooted it went to the desktop and won`t do anything, I can`t access the dock or anything.

The other is more of a question. After I installed the video driver I wasn`t able to change the resolution. My monitor can display up to 1080p but was stuck at a much lower resolution. I`m not sure if it what I was doing or if I just didn`t get the driver installed properly.

If I could just get these two issues cleared up I would have a great working system. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

hi

after flashing my BIOS with -> 2002-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi.

I've tryed to install OSX Snow-Leopard Retail (dutch)

after doot with Empire EFI (works great)

OSX actualy booted so i could make the adjustments and instal.

during the instal OSX had to reboot .

now here the problem .

I've got an BLACK SCREEN cause osx doesn't suppot my graphic card. :P

tomorrow i gonna buy an extra s-ata HDD to try installing using this thread.

for now i'm using Windows 7 :P cause iDeneb will not go online with Ethernet-LAN :D .

fingers crossed.

I hope someone can help me here! I was able to install "Mac OS X 10.6 (10A432)" on my Asus P5Q Pro board (P4 Quadecore 64bit). I have the LAN finally working but I'm stumped with the onboard audio. I've tried so many ways others have gotten it but I still can't seem to get mine working and now I don't know where I am with it! Where do I start? At one point I got the system properties to recognize a card but trying to set the output still told me there was no card. After trying some more settings I'm back to not seeing any card at all...

I hope someone can help me here! I was able to install "Mac OS X 10.6 (10A432)" on my Asus P5Q Pro board

FYI I installed used a USB thumbdrive with the leopard dvd image placed on it. I also installed it without putting a new BIOS on (though I have read that the newest BIOS from Asus is ok for Leopard). Thinking this could be the problem I have since then upgraded my BIOS to a modified version (read here and elsewhere which to use).

Still no audio.

Snow Leopard working on my system. Used an Solid State Drive for the OS and Applications folder also, nice and speedy on read, write isn't too bad either.

Only needed 64bit kext for Audio and LAN both of which are on here.

I don't have a detailed write up but some trial and error along with the latest chameleon release see's me with a stable system.

Seems i have learnt something in this whole persuit :)

FYI I installed used a USB thumbdrive with the leopard dvd image placed on it. I also installed it without putting a new BIOS on (though I have read that the newest BIOS from Asus is ok for Leopard). Thinking this could be the problem I have since then upgraded my BIOS to a modified version (read here and elsewhere which to use).

Still no audio.

For Audio Go Here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

Snow Leopard working on my system. Used an Solid State Drive for the OS and Applications folder also, nice and speedy on read, write isn't too bad either.

Only needed 64bit kext for Audio and LAN both of which are on here.

I don't have a detailed write up but some trial and error along with the latest chameleon release see's me with a stable system.

Seems i have learnt something in this whole persuit :)

Good to know that.....Congrats