MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

@Filipilon® Katagraph™ which bios are you using as I also use a USB keyboard and I don't have any issues about this problem you are facing...

Hi, Unetwork. I'm using Juzzi's Modded BIOS, an old one - 1611 or 1613, don't remember. Retail Leo 10.5.6. A lot of Apps mostly keep running (Adobe CS4, iTunes, Mail, VMWare Fusion, LittleSnitch), sleep/wake works. 1-3 days all work fine, then keyboard locks (all keyboard leds are off), cold-restart required. Then start again: 1-3 days ok, etc. Also I have a mouse scroll lag (not a QuickTime, I think) after wake from sleep (windows randomly scrolls up/down under mouse pointer). There are some 3-rd party kexts in my S/L/E: AppleHDA, ALC888, OpenHaltRestart, GenericCPUPowerManagement, AppleVIAATA, AttansicL1eEthernet, LegacyAppleAHCIPort.

About network card, I use RTL8139D + PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0, works like a charm. I also tested L1eEthernet, seems no issues.

Unetwork, post me which kexts u'r usin', maybe it solves usb-relative probs.

Hi, Unetwork. I'm using Juzzi's Modded BIOS, an old one - 1611 or 1613, don't remember. Retail Leo 10.5.6. A lot of Apps mostly keep running (Adobe CS4, iTunes, Mail, VMWare Fusion, LittleSnitch), sleep/wake. 1-3 days all works, then keyboard locks (all keyboard leds are off). HW-Restart, then again 1-3 days ok, etc. Also I have a mouse scroll lag (not a QuickTime, I think) after wake from sleep (windows randomly scrolls up/down under mouse pointer). There are some 3-rd party kexts in my S/L/E: AppleHDA, ALC888, OpenHaltRestart, GenericCPUPowerManagement, AppleVIAATA, AttansicL1eEthernet, LegacyAppleAHCIPort.

Unetwork, post me which kexts u'r usin', maybe it solves usb-relative probs.

I guess the problem is in the bios as when I boot back to Windows the reboot issue is the same and need a hard reset as well.

I guess the best thing is when users here could post their bios which is not having this issues.

Again in my bios I do not have the problem of the keyboard or mouse but the reboot is not working even after trying some fix.

I have only the issue here and don't use a USB internet but tried several solution which, sadly, did not work out..after the screen saver starts and the wakeup call comes from me, 8 out of the 10 times, the IP is gone and there is no internet.

TimeMachine is set off at default.

Will try some other patched bios here and will come back on this.

Must be patient as from tomorrow I am traveling around the world for over 11 days for some business meetings.

But I will try to update.

Thanks and cheers, Peter John

Thanks for telling me...

Please if you think you are...

you got it all wrong as TimeMachine issues is a vfaq

there is nothing personal in my post, conversely there're a few tips to save some headache (elaborating on Mustang Sally's tip) and it wasn't aimed to you personally

check your motherboard's manual for Wake On Lan (WoL) feature + USB device wakeup (make sure that only 1 set of usb slots can wake up your motherboard, i.e: keyboard+mouse)

ps: for sanity's shake: when quoting, trim. otherwise, the thread gets super-ugly instantly.

Rocksteady there is no need to bark at the wrong tree here please.

As there is NO NEED to change the jumper settings on the Mobo!

The solution is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430 Shutdown and reboot problem works!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...140907&st=0 Problem solved with no network after wakeup from sleep solved!

It works and the problem is just in the ALC1200 kext.

Got a mail about this with lots of people working with this issue and this is solved.

Cheers

there's nothing special about e-sata as long as your sata controller gets recognized correctly + as long as your eSATA ports are part of the same controller (ie OnBoard vs. extra PCI/PCIe card)

i tested an external eSATA RAID on P5Q-EM, worked just fine on the OnBoard controller (ICH10)

my esata and IDE drives are controlled with Marvell 88SE6121.

my primary sata controller is ICH10R.

i've already seen my ide drives with patched AppleVIAATA.kext,, but not esata drives..

so, where to add ven/dev id then?

hello guys ...

Now I am running a nearly perfect Hackmac -_-

But there one more thing :)

Right now I am booting my OS X with the boot 132 CD ! How can I boot without ? How can I put the boot files on the HD ? Help please !

Second ... Is there a Way that OS X sees my RAID HDDs from Vista ? Is tehre a raid driver ?

Third ... I must change AHCI for OS X boot in BIOS and RAID mode for VISTA ? Any idea to solve that ?

thx

Had updated to 10.5.7 thru apple soft udpate...

Ati 4870

ram speed

Lan

wifi

usb

Bluetooth

everything work fine

but sound is gone

and ACHI fix is gone

CPU info become unknown again

simply reinstall the sound Kext and ACHI fix, and run OSx86 tools cpu id fix will bring your perfect hackintosh back.

Enjoy!

Please help. I just installed 1.5.7 through auto update and when the system boots after the apple logo I always get a kernel panic. Whan can I do?? Please help...

Hi,

I have the hardware configuration in sign. I flashed the BIOS with this file: 1005-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_L_E_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip then I tried to boot with a BOOT-132 cd but when I try to insert the 10.5.6 retail installation disc (modified to install on MBR disc) and select "9f" as boot device (I have an external drive) it returns to the previous screen. It's a loop. What I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any answers!

Hardwares?

Have you installed retail version or other distros?

Have you made any backup before updating your hackintosh?

Thank you for the interest. Fortunetely I have already solved it. It was the audio drivers or the "no audio drivers" that created the problem. I have a P5Q and retail installation. I booted in safe mode and reinstalled the audio drivers. Perfect boot after that. Hope this helps someone that runs into the same problem.

Hey ho !

so you say 10.5.7 does ICH10R ?!!!

So I can user RAID on my P5q Pro nativ ? Do not need a driver and can do a hardware raid ?

Now I am running a nearly perfect Hackmac

But there one more thing

Right now I am booting my OS X with the boot 132 CD ! How can I boot without ? How can I put the boot files on the HD ? Help please !

Second ... Is there a Way that OS X sees my RAID HDDs from Vista ? Is tehre a raid driver ?

Third ... I must change AHCI for OS X boot in BIOS and RAID mode for VISTA ? Any idea to solve that ?

thx

Hi,

I have the hardware configuration in sign. I flashed the BIOS with this file: 1005-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_L_E_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip then I tried to boot with a BOOT-132 cd but when I try to insert the 10.5.6 retail installation disc (modified to install on MBR disc) and select "9f" as boot device (I have an external drive) it returns to the previous screen. It's a loop. What I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any answers!

anyone can help me??

so you say 10.5.7 does ICH10R ?!!!

So I can user RAID on my P5q Pro nativ ? Do not need a driver and can do a hardware raid ?

no idea about your mobo, i can only verify P5Q-EM:

post-404685-1242312016_thumb.png post-404685-1242312512_thumb.png

You need to install a bootloader in your HD. Chameleon is a good idea. Did you read the 1st page? all you need is there.

Vista eh?

Can't help there, I don't use windows at all.

btw: you're better off checking this thread that's all about P5Q-Pro: P5Q PRO & MAC OS X Leopard 10.5.7 (9J47) Retail - All About MAC OS X Retail on this MB

anyone can help me??

How's your setup? IDE? AHCI? Bastadized SATA/IDE?

Have you checked your BIOS boot sequence?

How's your setup? IDE? AHCI? Bastadized SATA/IDE?

Have you checked your BIOS boot sequence?

My only disk (SATA) is set as IDE because otherwise Vista doesn't boot.

My BIOS boot sequence is:

1. Floppy

2. Hard disk

3. External DVD Drive

My only disk (SATA) is set as IDE because otherwise Vista doesn't boot.

You gotta be kidding us...

Did you read the 1st post in the 1st page of this thread?

STEP 3: LOADING BIOS OPTION.

CHANGE THE STORAGE CONFIGURATION IN BIOS TO AHCI.

Also make sure that the Firewire option is Enabled in the Bios.

I need help. I can't figure out how to get XP on this machine.

Let me start off by saying that I'm immensely grateful for this guide. I read this guide a week ago and built a new machine based on the idea that I'd get OS X retail running on it, and now it's here and working (cept audio... will work on that). And i'm very pleased and grateful.

But I assumed I'd be able to get XP working on this machine after the osx install and am stuck.

I've tried 2 different XP CDs. Both Fail:

screenshot

could this be because of the BIOS flashing? I got this screen with no HD plugged in, with a blank one, with my MAC hd plugged in, etc

incompatible with parallels.

anyone got any advice on getting getting XP installed on my machine?

if it helps, I'm running a P5Q pro, retail 10.5.7, intel e5200, SATA hard drives.

@ rocksteady ! Many thanks !

But I dont want to use Chamelon or somethin like that. Last time i tried it failed...

It would be enough to bring the boot 132 files to HDD for boot ... ´but how to do this ?!

can anyone help me here ?

So Raid doesnt function it seems ....

thx

I tried to set both the options you suggested but it still doesn't work.

Assuming that you're following Robert's guide, here's a twist for his sequence:

• [1] Take your USB HD out of its case
    [2] Plug it directly into your mobo with a regular SATA cable
    [3] Unplug the HD that holds Vista (just to make sure nothing will be screwed along the way)
    [4] Set SATA as AHCI in BIOS
    [5] Go through Robert's instructions again, you'll be working with just one internal HD

Writing descriptive posts about what you're actually doing is the only way for other people to understand what you're facing. No crystal balls around.

But I assumed I'd be able to get XP working on this machine after the osx install and am stuck. As far as I know there are 3 ways to do this:

1. Just use an XP cd. I tried 2 different ones. Both Fail:

screenshot

Looks like the classic winblows crash because of SATA being set as AHCI

XP doesn't support AHCI without a modified CD, and it also doesn't play good with GUID partition schemes. It's definitely doable (lots of guides here in the forums). One shortcut is to temporarily set SATA as IDE in BIOS, install XP, update XP with SATA drivers, reboot, set SATA back to AHCI and do your thing.

2. Boot Camp. Fail:

Boot Camp works only on real Macs, not an option for the hacks.

3. Parallels. Fail:

"Parallels Desktop cannot be installed on your Mac. Parallels Desktop can only be installed on systems supporting hardware virtualization."

anyone got any advice on getting getting XP installed on my machine?

if it helps, I'm running a P5Q pro, retail 10.5.7, intel e5200, SATA hard drives.

That sounds weird, have a screenshot of your BIOS CPU settings? Haven't used Parallels myself but VMware works as advertised.

hi! thanks for this tutorial!! it was really usefull and i could install an imac retail maxosx 10.5.6 on my computer; video, audio and network working fine

but in mac specs it says Pentium 3,8 Ghz Uknown and i have a Core2Quad 2,3ghz

is there a fix for that? am i using the 4 cores?

and is there a fix to use a standard pc usb keyboard for mac? i can use it but keys aren't well mapped

my computer specs

--------------------------------------

Asus P5QL-E

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)

2x 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz

chipset Intel eaglelake P43

nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller (working on mac)

Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic/Platinum Sound Card (not working yet)

DVD RW LG ata

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

installed mac on a Maxtor HDD 120Gb Ide