MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Thanks 4 the guide, i successfully installed leo 10.5.7 on p5q but the marvell 88se6121 ide doesn't work.

Also the Marvell Yukon 88E8001 (skge.text) when installed block the power off

Just a less important thing, the digital out of adi2000b (I used the kext in the gui) makes a strange noise, until i play a sound then the noise vanishes.

I have installed also chamaleon 2rc1 and it works perfectly with few additional kext now that ich10r is supported by the new kernel

Thanks again 4 the guide

i've got a p5q motherboard. when I get to load the dvd image, a white screen with the apple logo flashes for 1 second and then my pc reboots. any idea on whats going on?

boot with -v option and see what makes your pc to reboot

I've got a P5Q-Pro

Q6600

EVGA 8800GTX

I've followed the instructions to the "T" and got iDeneb installed successfully. My problem is after restoring the retail disc, running TinkerTool and replacing OSInstall.mpkg, I boot from USB and use -v but I get an error stating "packet 0 didn't get an hpet". It won't let me boot to the retail disc restore partition.

Please help. Thanks.

OK I finally got passed the problem and have installed the retail disc partition. My problem now is when I update to 10.5.5, the update and my computer freezes at 80% through the update. I've done this several times and it keeps freezing at that point. I dont know what else to do. Please help.

OK I finally got passed the problem and have installed the retail disc partition. My problem now is when I update to 10.5.5, the update and my computer freezes at 80% through the update. I've done this several times and it keeps freezing at that point. I dont know what else to do. Please help.

Hi!

You must upgrade as root user. If you don't have root account create it:

open terminal and type:

sudo passwd root <enter>

type your password

type a new password for root

retype the new password for root

log out and log in as root

before upgrading open terminal and type:

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done <return>

do not close the terminal and upgrade.

Giorgio

I've got a P5Q-Pro

Q6600

EVGA 8800GTX

I've followed the instructions to the "T" and got iDeneb installed successfully. My problem is after restoring the retail disc, running TinkerTool and replacing OSInstall.mpkg, I boot from USB and use -v but I get an error stating "packet 0 didn't get an hpet". It won't let me boot to the retail disc restore partition.

Please help. Thanks.

Hi!

You must upgrade as root user. If you don't have root account create it:

open terminal and type:

sudo passwd root <enter>

type your password

type a new password for root

retype the new password for root

log out and log in as root

before upgrading open terminal and type:

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done <return>

do not close the terminal and upgrade.

Giorgio

Grazie mille! It worked. :rolleyes:

My System

Motherboard--------------- ASUS P5Q Pro

Storage-------------------- 1 x 500GB SATA Seagate

CPU-------------------------Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz

RAM------------------------ Corsair Value 3 x 1 GB 667MHz

Graphics Card-------------- XFX NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Partition is 120GB for Window Vista 32bit

I created 190GB for iPC OSX 10.5.6, after i done to installed this OS and restart, when boot OS that time, the blank screen come out (boot0:error)

Now, even my Window vista also cant boot already...

y happen like this???

or need to install BOOTLOADERS ???

or anything i done wrong already???

anyone can help me???

please......

PROBLEM IN STEP 3

after i change the storage settings from IDE to AHCI then windows dont start. am i doing something wrong ?

please help !!!!!!

Thanks

Follow AHCI Mode Step from this Post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137296

Remember to download the proper driver from ASUS website first if you are not using ASUS P5Q

Hi Robert.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the installer to even load.

I've done a restore using the correct retail image, and using usb loader I can boot the installer partition.

But once it gets past the first white apple screen and displays the blue background, I just have the spinning wheel which goes on forever. The mouse works to move the wheel around but thats it.

Is it possible I would need to apply some fixes for the installer to load such as an ich fix?

Again I have to thank you for the tutorial. I have to say, I have been using the install I made from following this tutorial, and some efi and NVIDIA fixes. It has been working near flawlessly for months.

The only place I have issues are on bootloader help, and shut down/ restart from 10.5.6.

I'll explain.

I currently have 4 partitions, on one HDD. Vista on first part (for occasional use and utilities only), XP SP3 on second part (I broke this one somehow). Mac OSX 10.5.6 on third part (I want this to auto boot if possible). and just in case on my fourth part I have 10.5.6 dvd installer with MBR mod.

The way I currently boot is first hdd looks at vista boot menu, made with EasyBCD. this has Vista, XP, and OSX listed.

I can easily change this to default to osx no problem, but on my OSX part I'm using PC EFI with Boot132 files as per step 11 method 1 in this tutorial. on this menu I have Vista first, XP second, and OSX 3rd. So I always hae to manually choose OSX, If I select vista I can go back to the first boot EasyBCD menu on that partition.

I'm lost as how to edit the darwin chameileon boot options to just auto load OSX. If anyone has a better way to auto boot and still have the option to boot from other partitions if needed, I would really appreciate some advice. I'm shocked my mess of partitions is working as well as it is. My other 2 HDDs are for data only.

Oh I almost forgot. I am also having issues with shutting down from leopard. I know some folks were trying differen things to fix this a few months back, but does anyone have updates on this issue?

Current Specs:

10.5.6 retail

Asus P5Q

Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz Q9400, stock speed.

4GB ram

1 160gb HDD (OS's), 2 1TB HDD (Mac, and PC data)

GF9600GT

Hi to all..

i've got a problem.

I installed ideneb v1.5.1 and i selected all the necessary driver...but after the boot the grey screen with the apple disappers and then starts the presentation, it's as if the graphic card was disabled at the end.

I've got an ati hd4830, i use the apropriate driver in the ideneb but i still not understant why the card is powered off?

Any one got the solution?

Thanks

I have an Asus P5Q-Deluxe with and Intel Q9550 and 8GB onboard.

The optical drives are all SATA.

Using the this thread MAC OS X ON ASUS PQ5 and others as a starting point and the excellent rocksteady pdf on the same thread I've done the following:

Set two hard disks in the case - one for Mac OS X and the other for Windows7

Created P5Q-Deluxe Boot 123 cd from the above thread.

Flashed the Bios with the P5Q deluxe bios from the above linked thread by Juzzi

Flashed the Bios on my Video card with the excellect help from Aqua Mac in this thread.

Collected Kext files for IHC10R chipset and ADI AD200B sound (I will be using Lacie Firewire speakers with this install)

Set Bios to AHCI and enabled Firewire Controller as per Rocksteady's PDF.

Got my Mac Owning friend to lend me his copy of Leopard Retail which I made an Iso from In Windows7 with BurnIso.

Booted from the boot 123 cd

when the disk light stopped flashing went to swap with the Leopard DVD

When disk light went out pressed -v and enter.

However I didn't see the stripe that asks which volume you want to boot from, instead just going back to the screen wanting to allocate a drive number. I used 80 and it just went back to the original Boot: prompt

I pressed enter and tried 81, the same, - right through to 89!

I think that this must be just something minor i'm missing, and I can't see the wood for the trees.

It might be a long shot, but perhaps the ISO I took from the Leopard DVD is not good enough or fouled in some way. I did an ISO copy and also a direct duplication with NERO 7. Would the fact that both volumes show in windows as Bootcamp have anything to do with it?

Perhaps it would be worth trying again with the actual retail DVD itself rather than a backup of it, or perhaps create the backup disk from within MAC OS X on his machine?

Many thanks in advance for your support on this and any suggestions you may have.

Well, I noticed that ALC1200 kext Marionez posted, and noticed some people said it fixed they're restart shutdown issues. Unfortunately unless I did something wrong, or possible some other kext is interefering with the shut down process. The updated audio driver didn't make any difference.

To turn off my system I usually use the restart command, wait a minute or two, wait until the bios comes back up, then I manually power off my tower. If anyone can shed some light on this, please do.

Thanks in advance

thanx for the tutorials. after several attempts i finally got audio to work but only when i boot via usb flashstick.. but then.. i get no lan.

when i boot via boot 132 cd i get lan... and no audio EVER.

i used the Guid method to install and installed all kext with kexthelper.

im using a p5q-em board.

My current configuration is

ASUS P5Q (Audio disabled)

INTEL C2D E8400 @ 3.0GHz

4 GB RAM

XFX NVIDIA GeFORCE 8800GTS 320MB (G80)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GUITAR RIG 3 (with session I/O usb audio interface running with original NI Core Audio drivers, and working perfect)

I used to have a Radeon HD4850 (Asus Board) with 1GB of VRAM but after the 10.5.7 update got a flickering screen so I switched to the 8800GTS, reinstalled MacOSX Retail and updated to 10.5.7 with NVinject 0.2.0 and everything worked but still i can't have any hardware graphics acceleration and video playback (I tried Apple DVD Player and VLC). Is there any way to make my 8800gts to work with video and graphics acceleration running the original MacOSX 10.5.7 on my hackintosh PC. Thank you.

I want to dualboot windows 7 and leopard on the same hard drive. which bios should i use? my motherboard is a p5q pro.

In the P5Q Pro section of your post, there are three choices.

Attached File 2102_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_by_Juzzi.zip ( 714.35K ) Number of downloads: 166

Attached File 2002_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip ( 716.42K ) Number of downloads: 341

Attached File 1613_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip ( 709.69K ) Number of downloads: 663

Which one should i use?

I want to dualboot windows 7 and leopard on the same hard drive. which bios should i use? my motherboard is a p5q pro.

In the P5Q Pro section of your post, there are three choices.

Attached File 2102_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_by_Juzzi.zip ( 714.35K ) Number of downloads: 166

Attached File 2002_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip ( 716.42K ) Number of downloads: 341

Attached File 1613_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip ( 709.69K ) Number of downloads: 663

Which one should i use?

A friend with the same board did it with version 2002, I think it should work for you too.

i don't understand the partitioning. i have 1 hard drive that has 500gb. i'm planning to dualboot windows 7 and leopard. any help would be great

Make 2 Primary Partition and other logical partition if you need

1st partition for Windows 7

2nd Partition for Mac OS X

First Install Windows 7 and then install Mac OS X.....

Do I need this? If I do, how big?

"Third Partition : HFS Journled Image for restoring Mac OS X Retail Image name it as RETAIL IMAGE"

Also, I currently have windows 7 installed right now. Can i just install leopard right now without re-installing windows 7?

I'm not sure about what to do with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail.dmg and MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.7.dmg.

Sorry for asking all these questions. I am just very eager to have leopard on my p5q pro. Thanks

Any help with the 8800gts (g80) 320MB? I have full resollution with nvinject 0.2.0 but I don't know how to make my VGA fully working under the retail installation of MacOSX (10.5.7).

I don't have any hardware acceleration for video playback (AVI, MKV, DVD), any suggestion how to resolve this?