hi Robert..

is esata supported in this mobo?

i have maximus II formula on my own

i have all drivers needed for my mobo

but i can't see esata port in system profiler

where to look it?

thanks in advanced

sorry for my bad english

After going through a few guides trying to get this to work, I am finally running a near perfect install of Mac OSX retail 10.5.6 . The only thing I did different from the guide was to use EFIstudio to install my video card. I am having a problem detecting my dvd rom drive though. I thought the problem may be that it isn't detecting my ICH10 chipset or something, but I'm not really even sure how to check if thats the problem. Otherwise I installed the AHCI fix and I have no orange discs and everything else, my other hard drives and usb drives, are all detected fine. Any advice?

hi Robert..

i have maximus II formula on my own

i have all drivers needed for my mobo

where to look it?

thanks in advanced

sorry for my bad english

Did you check where all the other SATA ports are listed? It's built in, so IDK, but I would assume it would be there still if it's even supported at all. Have you tried plugging in a drive to it?

After going through a few guides trying to get this to work, I am finally running a near perfect install of Mac OSX retail 10.5.6 . The only thing I did different from the guide was to use EFIstudio to install my video card. I am having a problem detecting my dvd rom drive though. I thought the problem may be that it isn't detecting my ICH10 chipset or something, but I'm not really even sure how to check if thats the problem. Otherwise I installed the AHCI fix and I have no orange discs and everything else, my other hard drives and usb drives, are all detected fine. Any advice?

I assume the DVD drive is SATA? It shouldn't be a problem with ICH10 considering all other drives work. What motherboard are you using? If it is P5Q ProMake sure the drive is plugged into the red SATA and not the white or orange ones; they are not supported as of yet in OS X. I don't know if this is the same for other boards or not...

To All:

I see that Robert is taking a vacation to see his girl :(, so in the mean-time I'll try my best to help anybody, so you can keep asking questions...

Update for anyone following my guide:

You can use the retail Mac OS X Install DVD 10.5.6 (9G55) and thus save more time, 100% confirmed-working on P5Q-EM

where to look it?

there's nothing special about e-sata as long as your sata controller gets recognized correctly + as long as your eSATA ports are part of the same controller (ie OnBoard vs. extra PCI/PCIe card)

i tested an external eSATA RAID on P5Q-EM, worked just fine on the OnBoard controller (ICH10)

post-404685-1240838193_thumb.png

Does someone use the /EFI/Extra/Extensions Folder with chameleon 2 bootloader ?

i do,

If yes can you tell me which Kext did you put on it.

just 2 are necessary for any hackintosh:

1) dsmos.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext

+

2) Disabler.kext

additional kexts you might put in /Extra depend on your setup/hardware

I have a P5Q-EM with an Intel Q6600 and I am just using the on board video, sound, and lan. I am trying to install iDneb 1.4. My concern is that I had a raid set up for my data drive with my existing OS on the C drive. I easily made another partition on the C drive and was able to install and do everything but then it hangs on the load. I have not loaded the modified bios because of the Raid issue. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance for any help

i do,

just 2 are necessary for any hackintosh:

1) dsmos.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext

+

2) Disabler.kext

additional kexts you might put in /Extra depend on your setup/hardware

I have an ASUS P5Q PRO card (P45 chipset).

Which mother board do you have ?

Barnum

hi guys,

I have a Windows Vista Ultimate Running on a Q6600 with P5Q Pro and a Radeon 4870.

I want to have MAC OS X Retail.

Can somebody help me and give me a easy manuel to install OS X on a extra Harddrive (Have bought a new one) and Have a boot loader where I can switch between Vista and OS X ?

I have the Vista running ... now I want do install OS X additonally.

So first I have to start with loading the BIOS File BIOS-Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi.

After that I have this Boot CD ...

should I go Further with OS X isntall and than bring a Boot loader in ? or ...

please help me ... simple help for you guys ... and whats about the 4870 ?

Well I finally got my Hackintosh up and running almost 100% thanks to Robert and rocksteady! Just 2 things are missing. The main problem is that my wireless card is not being recognized. Its a Netgear wg311 v2. And System profiler shows my vid card as 256mb when its 512mb. I probably didnt implement rocksteady's kexts correctly on that. I know both of these are simple fixes. I'll just have to read up on how to fix them. I havn't tested spdif out but I have no doubt it works. Thanks everyone!

Well I finally got my Hackintosh up and running almost 100% thanks to Robert and rocksteady! Just 2 things are missing

hey jgonzo432, nice 2 hear you got up+running

no clue about your wifi card as i always work with wired gigabit ethernet

about gfx:

i don't include any gfx/gpu kexts in my guide as i cannot predict which card someone will be using so no worries about installing the wrong kext for your card (unless you did so on your own)

if you're still booting from the Boot132 CD, don't worry cause it includes generic nVIDIA drivers that show 256MB for most nVIDIA cards

iirc you own a 8800GT/512MB too, so all you need is the appropriate hex string in your com.apple.Boot.plist. which .plist you need 2 modify depends on how you'll customize your installation

Have you figured your post-installation steps yet? are you going for Chameleon or modifying the default/retail Leopard installation?

post-404685-1241211456_thumb.pngpost-404685-1241211477_thumb.png

Can somebody help me and give me a easy manuel to install OS X...

please help me ... simple help for you guys ... and whats about the 4870 ?

care to take some time and read?

the first post of this thread includes not 1 but 2 guides, there's also a ton of topics to learn all you want about 4870

I went the Chameleon route as my boot option. It was the easiest to implement IMO. I did use NVkush for the graphics. I have the 8500gt 512mb. Thanks again!

Maybe someone else can chime in on the wifi issues??? I bought the card cause I thought I had read it was fully compatible (can't remember where now). I installed the IO80211Family.kext but that didn't work either. Im not sure if it needs to be customized to my system?

TIA

-Jonathan

Hi everyone

Thought I would post about my install. My setup is in my sig.

Will I have mac osx 10.5.6 retail running on my Asus P5Q-E mobo and have most stuff working. Awesome guide RoberT_Xes. you have taken a lot of time and trouble in producing this guide. Also thanks to other that have posted tip and stuff which have helped me on my trip. Have to say I am very please with my install.

1st problem I came across was the shut down problem. I installed this driver 1st - NEW_AD2000B_ROB_XES.zip then after reading somewhere in this thread I installed ADI_AD2000B_ROB_XES.kext.zip. Not sure what the difference between the 2 are but it worked for me.

2nd problem I have is when the monitor is set to sleep. it wont wake up. Same when PC goes to sleep. I have set my monitor & PC not to sleep. I am guessing many people are having this problem.

3rd one is Time Machine. I have not really played with this much.. I have a external 80gb USB HDD. When tying to set this up I get the error "Time Machine could not be configured. The build-in network interface could not be found" I have seen something about Time Machine problems so will go and read that later and see if I can resolve that issue.

All in all very please with this. Big thanks to RoberT_Xes and every one else thats contributed to a great post

Update Have now got TM working. This was more by accident then anything else. Playing OSX86Tools and loaded a NIC Driver which stuff things up DOH.. :) after a bit of playing around I got that working again and thought I would give TM a whirl and BINGO.. TM working and backing up to my 80gig USB hdd as i type..

Just got to get sleep working now..

hi guys ...

I have running a good OS X Retail.

But always when I try to install the radeon drivers for 4870 ... and restart the machine I get a blank screen after the Grey apple (I see the leo screen for 1 ms B) ) after that only blank monitor switches of ...

I installed OS X the 3rd time now ... cause I dont get into the system again through -f or -v

Any ideas ? to isntall 4870 Radeon ?

As I posted before my P5Q PRO is working.

But there are some issues I would like to ask you and to see if there is a fix for this.

This is my 3rd Hackintosh build besides a couple of DELL notebooks.

But with this P5Q the booting up is much slower than a much cheaper mobo such as Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L. This one boots up around 3 times faster than my newest one.

Now the sleep problem and I tried the fix kex and must say its better now but there are still bugs

When waking up from sleep the network is not working and no IP is giving while the previous IP is gone.

Is there a fix to avoid all the time a needed re-boot?

In advance thanks all of you for any ideas how to solve this..

read the motherboard manual for your sleep issues, you need to set 2 jumpers

I guess this long reply was for me? :)

Ok well there is something wrong I guess in the new bios I flashed as the same is happening in Win XP SP3, it just does not want to reboot.

I am using the 2002 bios for OS X and all other OS is this a known issue? And if I have to set some jumpers which one, lost my book, and why is it I never saw any message about this while there are so many with the same Mobo P5Q PRO?

Again thanks for any ideas..

@Filipilon® Katagraph™ which bios are you using as I also use a USB keyboard and I don't have any issues about this problem you are facing...

hi guys ...

I have running a good OS X Retail.

But always when I try to install the radeon drivers for 4870 ... and restart the machine I get a blank screen after the Grey apple (I see the leo screen for 1 ms :D ) after that only blank monitor switches of ...

I installed OS X the 3rd time now ... cause I dont get into the system again through -f or -v

Any ideas ? to isntall 4870 Radeon ?

Do you have 2 monitors attached?? I did and all I got was a blue screen. Had to take one off..

Did you install the radeon with EFI?

If so it will work, I did the same on another machine..

Start the machine with -v -x and than run EFI make the choice of the card and amount of memory reboot and it will work, both screens as well

But does any one has a idea how to solve the reboot problem and the Network to work after waking up from sleep?

Thanks...

I don't get why some people go nuts about TimeMachine before they sort out the basics.

Hello? This is a hack

It's recomended to disable TimeMachine + Spotlight until you sort out the basics:

- hex strings for gpu + ethernet

- resolution

- network

- (smooth) booting

- sleep/shutdown/restart

read the motherboard manual for your sleep issues, you need to set 2 jumpers

ditto

we all need to rtfm, esp. the section about USB device wake-up

Are we supposed to leave the RETAIL IMAGE partition untouched after a successful install?

I formatted my partition to NTFS and now I'm getting "still waiting for root device".

EDIT: Nevermind, somehow my BIOS got reset to default and AHCI was not enabled. That's all.

I don't get why some people go nuts about TimeMachine before they sort out the basics.

Hello? This is a hack

It's recomended to disable TimeMachine + Spotlight until you sort out the basics:

- hex strings for gpu + ethernet

- resolution

- network

- (smooth) booting

- sleep/shutdown/restarted to rtfm, esp. the section about USB device wake-up

Thanks for telling me that this is a hack..gossie I did not know :)

Please if you think you are so very smart..and we are all stupid I strongly advise not to reply.

From 2007 I did lots of hackintoshes so do not even try to tell me about the time machine PLEASE

I was only asking if some one has the same problem with waking up the LAN after sleep as all my other machines do not have this problem. If you read my posting on other parts in this board you see that I have lots of machines, 3 types until today and 2 notebooks DELL, which do not have this specific problems.

So again in advance writing a script with a solution thanks!

If not sorry for this question and remarks..guess I am getting too old or this :)