MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Ok i managed to install retail leopard and upgrade to 10.5.8 through software update. I also managed to install the lan kext. The only thing missing is the graphics driver for a 9400gt 1 Gb. I don't want to mess things up so i try to find a solution to clone the existing installation. How can i do that?

Ok i managed to install also my 9400gt. The system is very fast and i am happy with it. The only thing missing for now is a proper bootloader as for now i boot using a bootable usb stick. What do you recommend?

One more question. Is there a way to make the sleep right?

Thanks for the help.

Hi, Still stuck with the problem that when I upgrade to 10.5.8 I cannot get the network card working again

On first restart its there under network, but its got the red dot next to it so I remove it and installed the kext which I used to installed when I set my system up. I restart and I can add it OK and all is well.. Its when I restart I get the problem.

anyone got any advice on how to resolve this?? is there a new IONetworkingFamily.kext that I need to be using

Thanks in advanced

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

thank you Robert for this comprehensive guide.

I tried installing with iPC several months ago, when the kexts for ALC1200 and AR8121 weren't out yet.

Well, now these seem to be available! Great news for me and thank you to those who worked hard to develop the kexts.

Now, I just need someone who can explain to me how I can install the EFI strings for my nVidia GeForce 9600 GSO? Any input appreciated.

I am keen to start this installation, Robert, however I can't even download the torrents because so few people are seeding. I've been sitting on 0% for 2 days! Please, please seed people. It is still the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 that I need to download right? And iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5? Well, I'd be very glad if some of you could open your torrent programs and seed a little bit.

Hello All,

I want to make compliments to JUZZi (juzzy sei un grandissimo)

my hardware

MOBO: Asus P5QL-EM (upgraded Juzzi Bios 1605)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 8200

Graphic: Asus EN8400GS (NVInstaller - with some problem)

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800

HD: 1 SATA, 1 IDE (can mount with refixed juzzi Kext)

DVD: 1 IDE

WIFI: Linksys WUSB54G (working! with usbwireless tool)

FIREWIRE: (works good with HDs but with FW MOTU ultralite AudioCard problems with output)

I've installed an Ideneb Osx distro, upgraded to latest 10.5.8 and installed all the juzzy upgrade and bios. Everything works good except some things:

1. The EN8400GS with NVinstaller v.52 doesn't work sometimes, If you reboot appears the Blue Screen, maybe cause the system swith the desktop on the DVI port. If you drastically shutdown (any other way) and Reboot, it works ok.

2. MOTU Ultralite Firewire cards on the P5QL-EM Firewire onboard port , not work good. The analog Inputs are perfect. The Output cannot work. If you set the sound output to the MOTU, the sound is Digital-Distorted like a Pink Noise (shhhcrhrchhchhhhhshshshs) :(

Is there a way to fix These problem, specially the Firewire issue.

Thanx for everything you do for everybody

ciaooooooo

Gruver

Hello Robert,

I can't make my Flash Drive Active for some reason ( the option is greyed out under Disk Management).

I've tried Gparted as you suggested in the first post, but can't achieve anything with that, either. Gparted displays a Warning that it can't read the files or something.

The Drive is 16gb big, is that a problem? I bought it exactly for this purpose, lol. Didn't think the size would matter....

I'm really confused, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, one more thing: when 7-zip extracts the ASUS P5Q Create Flash Syslinux 3.72, it says that the file com32\lib\libcom32.a is corrupt. Is that normal?

for anyone that is interested I'll be writing a complete boot-132 only method for P5Q

it only requires

juzzi modified bios

boot-132 that has initrd.img with DSMOS.kext inside it

and patch

ethernet

sound

and video a gfxefi string com.apple.boot edit, no problem.

look at the sig PM me

coming soon

Hi Robert, first I will say that your guide is one of the best, if not the best, that I've ever seen. I'm italian but I understood good all parts of your guide and I had success :(. But there are two questions that i want to do...

1: Can I update my Mac os from software update without problem? (10.5.8 ?)

2:Can I install snow leopard instead Leopard? (Restore the retail image with the dmg of snow leopard)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a great tutorial but my head hurts looking at how much stuff has to be done.

I've never dealt with installing osx on a pc. To make things worse, I've read numerous tutorials and after each one I'm more confused how to get on with the installation. "You can do it like this..." or "If you don't want to do it like this, try this..but if you do this, than you have to adjust/patch/mod that..."

I have 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate running on my rig. The HDD is getting pretty full so I won't be installing osx on the same HDD. I have a WD 80GB SATA disk from my old computer sitting around.

Can I use that old disk to install osx on it and then elegantly just choose at boot which OS I want to you use?

There's a link provided in this tutorial where I can get the bios version for my board, but there's only for vista, not for 7 (yet).

Does anyone have a similarly specced system like mine with windows 7 and (Snow, preferably) Leopard running on two separate disks and how did you guys do it?

Also, is it an absolute must to have Leopard installed before upgrading to Snow or can I go straight for the Snow?

Also #2, I have two images of Snow Leopard: one is retail in dmg format and the other is "SnowOSX_Uiversal_10.6(432)GM-v3.5" in iso, where the retail is 6.13GB (plus some 142MB kernel debug kit. What's that all about?) and the other is 4.31GB. Which one should I use?

Also #3, I have an ancient Benq DW1655 dual layer burner (carried over from my old computer), which isn't SATA so as far as I learned I'll need to use my external HDD as install source(?). Do I need to convert the retail dmg disk to iso (in case that iso image I have isn't the proper version) before putting it on the external drive?

I apologize if there are many repeating questions, but there soooo many pages on sooo many forums that I'm going blind from reading and looking for a nice step-by-step install on the hardware that's the same as mine.

Please, may someone have mercy and tell me what should I need to do the same from this particular tutorial and where should I do stuff differently, if at all possible?

I will turn religious if needs be. :-)