MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Please help. I just installed 1.5.7 through auto update and when the system boots after the apple logo I always get a kernel panic. Whan can I do?? Please help...

reboot with -x and reinstall ahci and audio kext and all works fine.

I've spent an amount of time trying to understand bootloaders but I can't find the information i'm looking for. I followed PC EFI version of installing a bootloader in this guide but I really don't understand what was really done through these steps, or really what's going on in general. Does the VBR point to an emulated EFI which uses the boot 132 files as a configuration? Color me confused.

My goal is to not have to choose between my MACOSX partition and my RETAIL IMAGE partition. I want to boot directly into my MACOSX partition. I did see that on the 2nd page of this thread, there are instructions to edit your syslinux.cfg file on your flash boot drive. However I don't know how I would go about doing this if I used PC EFI. QUESTION 1: How can I make this happen?

My end goal is to use Acronis OS Selector to choose between the following:

Disk 1:

- Partition 1: MACOSX

- Partition 2: Linux (formerly RETAIL IMAGE)

Disk 2:

- Partition 1: win xp

- Partition 2: windows 7 rc

I guess the fundamental problem I have is that I don't understand how PC EFI works (other than it emulates EFI), nor its relationship with the MBR and VBR. Let's say that someone answers my first question and setting Partition 1 as the primary boot device makes me boot straight to MACOSX without having to choose between MACOSX and RETAIL IMAGE. QUESTION 2: Will I be able to set up Acronis to have the setup I describe above with no predicted problems?

a thousand thanks if you take the time to answer me.

hi! thanks for this tutorial!! it was really usefull and i could install an imac retail maxosx 10.5.6 on my computer; video, audio and network working fine

but in mac specs it says Pentium 3,8 Ghz Uknown and i have a Core2Quad 2,3ghz

is there a fix for that? am i using the 4 cores?

and is there a fix to use a standard pc usb keyboard for mac? i can use it but keys aren't well mapped

my computer specs

--------------------------------------

Asus P5QL-E

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)

2x 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz

chipset Intel eaglelake P43

nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller (working on mac)

Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic/Platinum Sound Card (not working yet)

DVD RW LG ata

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

installed mac on a Maxtor HDD 120Gb Ide

This has been discussed before and use and run the uploaded file for the right processor information

AboutThisMac.pkg.zip

I am a bit confused with all the drivers and fixes that are presented on the first post. I have a P5Q.

I have installed:

graphics kext

audio kext

lan kext

"about this mac fix"

and "time machine fix"

Am I missing any drivers of fixes that I should have installed?

I am a bit confused with all the drivers and fixes that are presented on the first post. I have a P5Q.

I have installed:

graphics kext

audio kext

lan kext

"about this mac fix"

and "time machine fix"

Am I missing any drivers of fixes that I should have installed?

Well I don't know what you are missing as you don't even post here what problems you are having...

Well I don't know what you are missing as you don't even post here what problems you are having...

No problems at all. Although there are might be problems that I haven't found yet. Like time. I didn't know that it was not working until I decided to try it. Or the "about this mac". I didn't even know that there was a fix for that.

In the first post it has chipset drivers, usb drivers, etc. Are all these necessary?

I have 2 Simple problems.

My TimeMachine says it doesnt recognize LAN ?!?!?

and I still have to boot from 132 CD !!!

Can anybody tell me How to bring this files on HD ? to boot faster ?

thx

i've installed retail on P5Q DELUXE. all works but i have some questions:

1) lan is detected but only 1. my mobo has 2 gigabit lan port. can i have both working?

2) Audio is ADI2000B but works only in stereo mode, microphone is ok and i hope digital output too. is there a kext for 8channel that work?

3) when i shutdown my pc hard drives and other stop, but processor and fans are still working. i've tried openhaltrestart and poweroff_fix. but i have the same problem. is there a solution?

many thanks

Can someone assist me in getting a modified bios for my asus p5ql-em mobo so this can work? I tried some, like the p5q and the p5q-em, but they weren't recognized. Can someone modify one for me. Did quite a bit of searching, but no luck.

Hi everyone,

MB: Asus P5QL-E

CPU: Core 2 duo 7300

Video: Working Gigabyte chipset nvidia 6600

Sound: Working ALC_1200

I just install now RETAIL version to 10.5.7 but my LAN "PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2

Marvell 88E8056/88E8001® Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2,Teaming and Redundant"

Not working i use some 10/100 D-link but I thing I have problmes some times hangs when i transfer files

When i use SCP from terminal starts at 13MB and for 30 sec. go to 500KB

I try to install drivers from this how to i try Marvell 88E8056 then Marvell 88E8001 but now luck

2. I try to install SATA orange icon fix but when I restart Hans on WAITING ROOT DEVICE

It give me some message

Failed to load ... com.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage

I try to move all *ATA* Extensions from RETAIL partition image to my MACOSX partition but no luck .

I reinstall again now Im with 10.5.7 but I don't want to run this fix againt

My idea is i will BACKUP all EXTENSIONS run Orange icon fix and If i have probem I will turn it back im not sure if this will help

Im my MORE INFO i see S-ATA to have AHCI 10 working and detecting my SATA disk but Icons are still orange

Greetings.

OK problem. With the dvd drive this time. If I insert a disc and let it spin until it stops (if I am not using the drive) then the drive is lost. Leopard doen't see it and when I go to about this mac it says "no drives". I have to shutdown and then it gets reckgnized. Before that the drive is totally unresponsive, the eject button does not work and it's like it has no power at all.

Can someone assist me in getting a modified bios for my asus p5ql-em mobo so this can work? I tried some, like the p5q and the p5q-em, but they weren't recognized. Can someone modify one for me. Did quite a bit of searching, but no luck.

Here

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/styhtskr8

Here thanks to Juzzi

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/styhtskr8

Hello ,

I have full working 10.5.7 RETAIL image and clone my partition on bigger hard.

My problems.

1.I install AHCI fix on 10.5.5 and I don't have extension backup i didn't see what this patch rewrite and my OS stop booting normal with error message WAITING ROOT DEVICE I install this patch on 10.5.7 now my ICONS are normal.

2.My sound need patch with ALC1200_SLIM version to work on 10.5.7

3.LAN i use realtek lan for 2$ 10/100 8139 (found one from old computers)

--- NOW FIND DRIVER FOR 10.5.7

use this link

Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet

4.Video card GIGABYTE GV-NX66T128D 128MB DDR3/128b

I use ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0

I try 0.3.1 , NVInject 0.2.1 and others but no chance to enable Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

OUTPUT MAC INFO

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0140

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0

Displays:

LCD92VM:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Nvidia Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT VPU

ANY IDEA HOW TO ENALBLE QUARTZ EXTREME

Thanks for helping

startup strangeness...probably me, but

I believe I followed the instructions to the T for installing onto my P5Q-EM. After I installed IDeneb (1.5.6, v1.4) using GUID, and attempted to reboot, I was greeted with a screen that said something like: boot0: GPT+ boot0: HFS+ something somthing, and then....nothing.

I installed Chameleon 2.0rc431 to the drive, moved the Extra folder over from my startup USB stick as directed.

Same outcome.

Any ideas or re-directions appreciated.

Hello

I successful installed mac os x retail on my asu p5q pro, everything is working perfect :rolleyes:

I just cant resume from sleep, i fixed part of the problem with VoodooUSBEHCI (system can sleep)

But the resume come with bad graphics (small window with crazy blink).

My system:

Leoparde 10.5.7

Asus p5q pro

gainward ati HD 4870 - 512 MB

4 gb 1066 MHz ddr2

core2 duo e8500@3,16 Ghz

Help appreciated :D

tkz

Can somebody help me? i got stuck at step number 7 and gave up months ago. Using ideneb now. And ideneb has been crashing on me at least 15 times a day. When i tried doing step number 7, it kept on giving me an input/output error, my image was created from an original leopard dvd from Apple.

startup strangeness...probably me, but

I believe I followed the instructions to the T for installing onto my P5Q-EM. After I installed IDeneb (1.5.6, v1.4) using GUID, and attempted to reboot, I was greeted with a screen that said something like: boot0: GPT+ boot0: HFS+ something somthing, and then....nothing.

I installed Chameleon 2.0rc431 to the drive, moved the Extra folder over from my startup USB stick as directed.

Same outcome.

Any ideas or re-directions appreciated.

I think your Mac OS X Drive is not active.....Apply boot Flag to your drive using Gparted.

Robert,

First of all thanks for the great tutorial... However I am at a complete halt. I've managed to install a Retail Leopard 10.5.6 install - However none of my hardware is being detected.

My build;

Intel E8500

Asus P5Q-PRO

4GB RAM

Sapphire 4850 512MB

would like to use on-board sound and LAN

I keep having issues installing KEXT's - It seems everytime I install a KEXT my system messes up somehow... Can you guide me in the right direction for what I am trying to acheive. As of now I have an untocuhed Retail 10.5.6 install. This is my 8th re-install and I'm about to give up. :(

My network card is not detected same with sound and as for Video I cannot change resolution :(

Hello

I successful installed mac os x retail on my asu p5q pro, everything is working perfect :D

I just cant resume from sleep, i fixed part of the problem with VoodooUSBEHCI (system can sleep)

But the resume come with bad graphics (small window with crazy blink).

My system:

Leoparde 10.5.7

Asus p5q pro

gainward ati HD 4870 - 512 MB

4 gb 1066 MHz ddr2

core2 duo e8500@3,16 Ghz

Help appreciated :D

tkz

Can you link me to the KEXT files you used and the order you've installed them in... I've got an identical setup (excluding video) and I can't get my hardware to detect.

Hi,

Does anyone know what is casing this problem. I have followed the guide but still no luck.

I am using iDeneb 1.4 which has 10.5.6 already installed.

When iDeneb has finished installing it will boot OK. but when I install the patched retail version I get this error when booting

boot0: MRB

boot0: MBR

Boot0: MBR

Boot0: Error

Any ideas??

Thanks in advanced

Sorted. Forgot to doot the copy the boot and extras file from USB stick to HDD. all working now

Hello all!

I recently bought a ASUS P5Q-EM mother board and i am carefully reading your tutorial ;)

First i need to find what ethernet controller is built in, asus isnt telling.

I have 3 questions that will motivate (or not) my jump to MAC OS X.

1/ i need the firewire to be fully fonctionnal, has anybody tested it?

2/ i'll use the built in intel4500 video chipset and the HDMI plug too (built in). Will it be functionnal?

3/ i am currently downloading the ideneb 1.4 (10.5.6) file, and the retail version 10.5.6. Is it ok or should i get the old version like in the tutorial?

Thank you for this great topic.

Have some problem. I've created a usb flash drive with mac os x 10.5.6 dmg and it boots well,passes grey screen with apple, but freezes on Leopard Wallpaper with rounding mouse cursor. Putting some custom dmg's (such as ideneb or ipc) goes well, but retail doesn't work. What i'm doing wrong and what the solution?