Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

Update 8: I've compiled a list of all prepatched DSDT made by different users for different motherboards. Huge thanks to everyone who contributed.

Update 7:

Good news. koala is working on an automated patcher with a GUI so that you no longer have to work with messy code. It's still a work in progress - I'll update this post once it's released.

NB:

This does not work with most Laptops so please stop complaining in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-Gigabyte users with similar boards (ie. GA-945GCM-S2L,GA-945GCM-S2C,GA-945GCMX-S2...etc), use V4.2 (updated for better compatibility with 10.5.7) :blink:

2-Others, Start by searching for your board in the list at the end of post. Try to match at least the manufacturer, not necessarily the model. :wacko:

3-If you can't find it, or if doesn't work try V3 or other versions. Otherwise, make your own patch.

NB: You need a boot-loader that supports DSDT like PC-EFI v9 or Chameleon 2!

---.--You also need to use stock kexts.

GMA950_V3.zip GMA950_V4.2.zip

If they don't work, download the patch.zip and start patching the DSDT yourself.

Patch.zipThe patch.zip contains:

-Instructions

-An example of a patched DSDT.dsl to help in figuring out the drop in location for the code and debugging!!

-DSDT patcher (by fassl)

-DSDT decompiler/compiler (iasl)

-Source Code (by roioft)

Source Code by roisoft. I feel greatly indebted to you. Thank You!!

After patching the DSDT you should get:

- Full resolution changing using the most up-to-date stock kexts.

- Quartz Extreme and Core Image support.

- Rotation support.

- ZERO artifacts.

- Sleep/Wake-up fully working (S1/S3).

- System updates will no longer break graphics.

Disclaimer:

We will not be held responsible for any damage happening to you, you computer, your data, or anything else due to using this. You have been warned. Proceed at your own risk.

I have downloaded the GMA950 files, but how do I go about installing the files into the system?

Thank you.

Thanks. I have a MSI Wind Barebone Desktop ($139 from new egg),

I have Boot-132, Retail DVD install with PCI v9 EFI.

I finally got GMA 950 working with this post.

Attached is my DSDT.AML file for the WIND barebone

I spent 2 days getting this thing working.

I too could not find the SCOPE (_SI) so I added it in a function after _WAK. Rebooted and it worked.

I had to reinstall a few times but now, it is completely STOCK kext with the exception of the Azeria audio drivers.

Wind_DSDT.zip

Screen shot attached. I am posting from this machine.

post-3377-1241215939_thumb.png

Does anyone know how to get secondary display to work with dsdt patch? I have an Abit il90-MV mainboard, i945GT chipset, GMA950 device 0x27a2. The board has VGA and HDMI output (HDMI can work in DVI mode).

So, without the patch, I have both primary (VGA) and secondary (DVI) display working, same picture on both, limited to 1024x768.

With the patch, both seem to work during boot, and then when the driver loads, DVI gets no signal and VGA keeps working, at proper resolution (1680x1050). System profiler shows "No display connected" on first Display Connector, and correctly detected analog monitor on second.

I'd really like to use DVI, since the VGA output at this resolution is very blurry. I tried adding another Device in the dsdt, but that didn't help at all...

i've got the same issue,

can't find the solution, anyone found ????

Beta testers wanted:

I've found an alternative universal drop off location for the 1st part of the code for all those who couldn't find Scope (_SI)

Here is the updated instructions with the new drop off location and the new code which greatly improves compatibility with 10.5.7 and probably future updates especially the pesky Snow Leopard.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll update the fist post once I sure the instructions are free of mistakes and the new code works.

In my case (Biostar 945GC-M7) method DTGP must be not at the end.

I put it before:

Method (RTMP, 0, NotSerialized)

now work perfectly! Thanks!

Hello, thanks to all the people on this thread.

:) I could patch and make a DSDT.aml for the Asus P5LD2-VM SE rev2, here it is:

:rolleyes: Is there any way to increase Video RAM available to more than 64MB?

When I try to shutdown the computer the display goes off and the computer seems to halt but the coolers continue to run, does this happened to anyone? If I boot without the patched DSDT.aml it doesn't happen. :(

Asus_P5LD2_VM_SE_rev2.zip

EDIT:

Attached a new DSDT.aml where the shutdown problem is fixed.

Asus_P5LD2_VM_SE_rev2_with_shutdown.zip

Hi Dr. Hurt

Thank for your GMA950 solution by using DSDT.aml. Thank to other people who were working on DSDT.

Today I made DSDT.aml, including GMA950 solution, HDEF (don't need HDAEnabler.kext), and LAN (Time Machine working). Then, I freshly installed 10.5.6 and Chameleon 2. See picture what kexts I was using. I don't test 10.5.7 yet.

post-93383-1243439615_thumb.jpg

Working:

- Energy Saver and wake up

- ALC662 1.6.2a37

- LAN, working after wake up, not setting manually IP Address

- Time Machine

- Sleep menu and wake up

- Shutdown & Restart

DSDT945GCMS2L.zip

Hi, i've got alos this MOBO 945GCMS2L, and try to have sound in SL.

I put the HDEF code in my DSDT

Now all vanilla HDA kext are loaded

and got this in sys profiler :

Audio haute définition Intel :

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x1458A002

Identifiant audio : 662

Appareils disponibles :

Sortie de ligne :

Connexion : Prise Jack 1/8 pouce

Microphone externe :

Connexion : Prise Jack 1/8 pouce

Sortie S/P-DIF :

Connexion : Combo

But sound is still grayed ;(

Here's the code in HDEF :

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0D,		// old 0x05
					0x05
				})
			}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x08)
					{
						"codec-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x62, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x96, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"device-type", 
						Buffer (0x07)
						{
							"ALC662"
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (0x18)
						{
							/* 0000 */	0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xa1, 0x90, 
							/* 0008 */	0x60, 0x90, 0xa1, 0x02, 0x40, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 
							/* 0010 */	0x50, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02, 0x30, 0x61, 0x4b, 0x01
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dr.Hurt,

Really you're the best ! :)

I have follow your patching method V.2, and...

Shutdown is now working perfectly well on my mobo ! :)

(before, i could not shutdown it properly, i had to switch off the power manually...)

So, here is the improved and new version of my DSDT.aml file, builded especially for ASUS P5-GCMX 1333 (it could work also on P5-GCMX...)

Please update the file in the first post, so, users of this mother board will have the fix for the gma AND the fix for the shutdown (if necessary...)

for info, my system is : ASUS P5-GCMX 1333 / core2duo E7300 @3.2Ghz / 4 GO ram / LEOPARD 10.5.8 retail + chameleon 1.0.12 / samsung 320 Go (MBR)

DSDT.aml.zip

just tried the patcher to get the gma fully working but i have some problems.

I could create the DSDT.aml and then decrypt it with the compiler without problems but i there is no " Scope (_SI)" in my DSDT.dsl, so i cant finish the patching process. can someone help me here?

im running Leopard 10.5.6

my motherboard is a Conroe1333-D667 + C2D 1.8Ghz

im using a modified Voodoo Kernel for 9.6.0 (Vannilla doesnt work for some reason)

EDIT:

i attached a copy of the aml and dsl file to the post

DSDT.zip

just tried the patcher to get the gma fully working but i have some problems.

I could create the DSDT.aml and then decrypt it with the compiler without problems but i there is no " Scope (_SI)" in my DSDT.dsl, so i cant finish the patching process. can someone help me here?

im running Leopard 10.5.6

my motherboard is a Conroe1333-D667 + C2D 1.8Ghz

im using a modified Voodoo Kernel for 9.6.0 (Vannilla doesnt work for some reason)

EDIT:

i attached a copy of the aml and dsl file to the post

At this time, no need to find "Scope(_SI)" :

Patching Method V.2

oh god im blind :D

ok got it working... i also couldnt put the "Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)" at the end of the file but had to put it before this:

Method (PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	If (Arg0)
	{
		\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOS (Arg0)
		\_SB.PCI0.NPTS (Arg0)
		\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SPTS (Arg0)
	}
}

Method (WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0)
	\_SB.PCI0.NWAK (Arg0)
	\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SWAK (Arg0)

now its working perfect :D

PS: ok, here is my working DSDT.aml for the ASRock Conroe1333-D667! (Tested under 10.5.8, Qoopz XNU 9.8.0, VGA only)

PPS: almost forgot... thank you so much for this... made my "mac" perfect :unsure:

PPPS: more Ram for the GMA would be nice, im remeber i had more under 10.4

DSDT_ASROCK_Conroe1333_D667.zip

Hi!

Has anyone ever gotten DVI or HDMI working with the GMA950? It seems to me that OS X can't see a display on it, so only sends out the blue screen...

I've the same problem with the new Intel D945GSEJT... it has DVI and VGA (and also LVDS), but i can get work only DVI OR VGA (tested with many kext's). With DVI, there's no way to change the resolution (still 1024x768), but QE/CI is working.

Any help?

Thanks,

MrFX

Fixed graphics but killed internet. The Realtec 8100C (RTL8139?) ethernet chip on my ECS 945GZT MB does not like Dr. Hurt's ECS 945GCT nDSDT file. The error message I get is "Ethernet has self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet." Under Tiger (10.4.10) I've used this MB and chip for a couple of years with no problem, and I was briefly connected in Snow Leopard, until I installed that DSDT file. It did allow my onboard GMA950 graphics chip to display 1680x1050, but it knocked me off the internet. I've tried adding the R1000 kext as a plugin to IONetworkFamily, but no luck. Do I need to find the right kext/plugin or edit the DSDT, or both?

hi all, I am having trouble compiling my DSL after I added the modified code:

george-nychiss-imac:~ gnychis$ /Patch/compiler -sa /DSDT.dsl 

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

/DSDT.dsl   847:					 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error	4067 -						 ^ Object is not accessible from this scope (DTGP)

/DSDT.dsl  3926:	 Method (WFZF, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -				 ^ Not all control paths return a value (WFZF)

ASL Input:  /DSDT.dsl - 3993 lines, 122388 bytes, 1635 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 43 Optimizations

Here is my DSL, if someone could look at if I inserted the code incorrectly (following the V2 patcher), I would greatly appreciate it:

http://pastebin.com/f38ed190c

----

EDIT: if i move the code in to a higher place, where it comes, and reboot... i get no panics, but all I get is a blue screen and nothing else! I have an Asus P5L8L ... i'd greatly appreciate any help.

gnychis_dsdt.zip

[quote name=pecos' date='Aug 29 2009, 04:36 PM' post='1241380

So, here is the improved and new version of my DSDT.aml file, builded especially for ASUS P5-GCMX 1333 (it could work also on P5-GCMX...)

Wow!

This was the key to getting everything working (except LAN, but I added a RT8169 since I wanted GB anyway) under 10.5.7, (now 10.5.8) on my P5GC-MX/1333 also!

Here are the steps I took:

Installed using Iatkos v7 (10.5.7), selected adding EFI string for GMA950, all other options left as is.

Once it was installed and running, replaced DSDT.aml with the downloaded version.

Edited /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist and removed the EFI string, that's the part from <string> to </string> and saved it. (hint: use "sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist")

So far, all seems to work very well. No problem setting res to 1680x1050, full QE and CI + Rotation.

It was quite strange using Apple's Software Update to update to 10.5.8 without any gyrations.

Thanks to all who made this possible!

-Doc

Hmm, just lost networking again... will have to check this one out some more.

Now running:

ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 / Core2Duo E6750 @2.66Ghz / 4 GB ram / LEOPARD 10.5.8 + chameleon 2.0 r431 (from iAtkos v7 10.5.7)

Our desktop version automatically allocates more RAM up to 244MB as needed - even though its reported on OS X as 64MB. It's just a cosmetic issue because the driver always assumes that we're using a real Mac which only has 64MB. It could be set to display 244MB in system profiler by editing the kexts but that would be silly because you'd be sacrificing the vanilla kexts for a cosmetic reason since it's already using 244MB.

In short: It's already using 244MB of your RAM - but reporting as 64MB.

Hmm, just lost networking again... will have to check this one out some more.

Deleted the RealtekR1000.kext from S/L/E and fixed permissions using kext utility.

(there is a copy of this kext inside AppleIONetworking.kext already)

Everything now works as expected.

I'll have to try Snow next...

-Doc

Now running:

ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 / Core2Duo E6750 @2.66Ghz / 4 GB ram / LEOPARD 10.5.8 + chameleon 2.0 r431 (from iAtkos v7 10.5.7)

Hi!

I've the same problem with the new Intel D945GSEJT... it has DVI and VGA (and also LVDS), but i can get work only DVI OR VGA (tested with many kext's). With DVI, there's no way to change the resolution (still 1024x768), but QE/CI is working.

Any help?

Thanks,

MrFX

X3. I have the same problem with my Jetway J9F2-KHDE with Leopard and now Snow Leopard 10.6.1. I just stick to VGA, but I would REALLY like to get DVI or HDMI working.

X3. I have the same problem with my Jetway J9F2-KHDE with Leopard and now Snow Leopard 10.6.1. I just stick to VGA, but I would REALLY like to get DVI or HDMI working.

The problem seems to be display detection from a DVI - the hardware works (thus the blue screen), but OS X doesn't recognize any monitor hooked up. So far, despite extensive poking around online, I can find no one who's managed to get the GMA950 DVI display detection to work...

But one can always hope...

I'd certainly love to use my tiny EVEREX PC (veritable $200 mac mini) as my Plex media center, but I need DVI.

Patrick

has anyone made a patched DSDT file for a D945GCLF for snow leopard?

mine is one of the ones that has the 2772 id

can only get 1024x768 and doesn't seem to have any hardware acceleration which really sucks.

it would be really nice to get full Quartz. etc support and ability to select different resolutions.

I'd say heck with it and put in a pci video card but I didn't have very good results with getting a pci nvidia 8400 gs working under leopard. I figure I wouldn't get better results under SL

has anyone made a patched DSDT file for a D945GCLF for snow leopard?

mine is one of the ones that has the 2772 id

can only get 1024x768 and doesn't seem to have any hardware acceleration which really sucks.

it would be really nice to get full Quartz. etc support and ability to select different resolutions.

I'd say heck with it and put in a pci video card but I didn't have very good results with getting a pci nvidia 8400 gs working under leopard. I figure I wouldn't get better results under SL

found one that gives me ability to choose resolutions.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1259891

D945GCLF2 uses the same bios,etc. as a D945GCLF

doesn't seem to perform much better with flash videos but can't be choosy, got to take what I can get and be grateful for the knowledge of the others on this forum.

:wacko:

Has anyone had success patching a GA-945GZM-S2 using V4.2? I get kernel panic when using this dsdt file. I have SL installed with Chameleon 2 using stock graphics kexts. The dsdt file created using DSTPatcher works, but only at 1024X768. Tried to modify my dsdt file with GFX0 section of V4.2, but kernel panic as well. Also, I can't seem to get it boot into 32 bit mode, using both -arch=i386 on boot and in plist file using key arch string i386.

Any suggestions or working dsdt for this mobo would be appreciated.