Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone already post about Mobile Intel 945/950 Express Chipset Family (GMA950 for notebook) injection using DSDT but I want to share it here. This will work on some notebook & only with Leopard. It will not work with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 without using patched/older GMA950 kext. It probably will work with Snow Leopard 10.6.0.

To know where you need to put this injection code, you will need to identify where your GPU is attached to. You can obtain the information from windows Device Manager (GPU hardware properties, in Details tab), look in "Parent" value & locate the parent device (normally in "System devices"). Obtain the "Address" value from the parent device. This is the address of the device in DSDT where you need to put the GMA950 injection code.

// start GMA950 injection
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x06)
                       {
                           "AAPL,HasPanel",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"model", 
                           Buffer (0x2A)
                           {
                               "Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family"
                           }, 

"built-in", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               Zero
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
               // end GMA950 injection

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all hope were all well

wtf no clear solution... gigabyte GA-8945GMF mobo on board graphics GMA950 ID: 0x02772 able to change resolution with "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" but I cant see resolution or refresh rate etc in display plus my monitor is not recognised- could this be related?

anyone have the latest kext file or install to get this working?

also, when I try to watch a hi res .mkv file works good but when i double click to make it full screen i get kernal panic, any one know why?

Trying to get this to work with an ASUS P5LP-LE Device ID for the graphics is 0x2772.

In system profiler I get:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Which is awesome, seems to be better than anything it has said before with the zillons of patches and everything else I have tried, just one big problem, can't change the resolution like it couldn't before, all the other patches and solutions I have found, seem to give me that, but nothing else, no Core image, no QuartzGL and things like iphoto don't work.

Help?

Trying to get this to work with an ASUS P5LP-LE Device ID for the graphics is 0x2772.

In system profiler I get:

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

You need to inject EDID value using display override.

Hi, i search in few post back for ECS945GC-1333/m2, i downloaded it, and YEAH, 1366X768, but nothing appear on my screen, no dock no bar, no no everything no, then i tend to move my mouse to utmost right, i SAW IT! it is like two monitor and the showing one is extended display but actually i just using one LCD, HOW to solve it? Pls guys. HELP me :(

and yeah, i right click on the desktop, "change desktop background" and it show tat it is secondary desktop. OMG help me :)

i am using iatkos S3

Not working here.

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

It was working on Leo 10.5.X. Any solution for my hardware?

• 2 weeks later...

ok, guys, i used the regular kext, and it says it installed dine. i go to boot up leopard, and when the actual page boots up, it's all black with little strings of {censored} here and there strewn about, like, there will be black lines with a strip of color where the outline is.

how do i fix this?

it's an intel GMA 950 on a Gateway GT5411E.

and how do i remove the kext? i can't find the terminal to access it.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like this is working as the resolution seems much higher, however only one huge problem!!!

It boots thinking I have two monitors and I only have one! The trouble is, it thinks the monitor i have is the secondary display, so all i get is a second desktop and can't do anything!!

Bummer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the listed asus p5gc mx 1333 DSDT works but then i loose wifi!

decided to patch myself and read the tutorial inside patch.zip

looks easy

one problem here:

no "Scope (_SI)" entry in my dsdt file

"Scope (_Somethingelse)" exist and there are many but not _SI

any advice would much appreciated!

edit: solved.

I think we are having a similar problem. I'm finding Scope (_SB). How did you solve your issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to TS here's a fully functional DSDT for this Foxconn 45CSX (Atom 330 + GMA950) mobo :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...foxconn%2045csx

Only tiny glitch is that it also created an 'internal' display like those on netbooks so there are actually 2 selectable displays in System Preferences --> Displays (one for the internal phantom (i.e. nonexistent) display and the other for your actual LCD monitor).

Other than that, resolution + QE/CI fully functional. :)

DSDT.aml.zip

• 4 weeks later...

USED VERSION 3 OF THE FOR GMA950, I HAVE FULL QE EVERYTHING WORKS.. THANKS.

However, I kept my Appleintelframebuffer.kext version 1.4.20.28

- Full resolution 1280 x 800

- Quartz Extreme and Core Image support.

- ZERO artifacts.

- Sleep/Wake-up fully working (S1/S3).

-

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 6400

1.73 GHZ Intel Core Duo

3 Gb 800 Mhz DDr sd ram

Retail Install of 10.5.6

-Broadcom Wifi,

-Bluetooth,

-Full hd Audio,

-battery Meter,

-Time Machine

<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading">

</h1>

• 4 weeks later...
I can canfirm that I got it working manually on ECS 945G-M3. Had to fix 3 errors in my DSDT (google helped me). Great work. Thx

I have the same board, but I have a ton of errors. Can someone have a look at my DSDT.dsl It will not compile

snakeman

Solved, I reread all the posts and did what everyone else did. googled and fixed my errors I have onboard video working now.

Thanks everyone. now to work on audio and Sleep :-)

DSDT.dsl.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dr. Hurt,

It really seems to me that this is the best possible solution for the Intel GMA 950, although I'm having trouble getting it to work. I tried patching my DSDT on my own because I done it before to fix CMOS reset, but this time it didn't work out. I get a KP with IOACPIFamily and IOPCIFamily. Is it because of a different address to the GMA? I've tried some of the DSDT's found in this thread, as I have the same exact motherboard as eject and OSXtoZ. None work. It appears that those DSDT's are modeled around Pentium 4's, while I have a Pentium Dual-Core.

Please help me, as I've attached my custom DSDT for CMOS reset, the DSDT that I tried to patch, and an output with IORegistryExplorer. Thank you.

EDIT: You can find my adventures with this mb in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=248394

Ian_s_Hackintosh.zip

• 4 weeks later...

If they don't work, download the patch.zip and start patching the DSDT yourself.

Patch.zipThe patch.zip contains:

-Instructions

-An example of a patched DSDT.dsl to help in figuring out the drop in location for the code and debugging!!

-DSDT patcher (by fassl)

-DSDT decompiler/compiler (iasl)

-Source Code (by roioft)

Many thanks for you work and the very comprehensive guide at the "patch" folder.

I made 10.6.7 run with my old E2180/GMA950. Trying to patch DSDT, I found new code, not matching your instructions.

Could you please update your guide eventually?

I suppose there aren´t much such old boxes around, but it would be appreciated very much.

Thank you!

I made 10.6.7 run with my old E2180/GMA950. Trying to patch DSDT, I found new code, not matching your instructions.

Could you please update your guide eventually?

I suppose there aren´t much such old boxes around, but it would be appreciated very much.

It seems that my initial guess was correct. I need different code than Dr. Hurt provided. I'm also running a Dual-Core E2180, and yes, there are still old boxes around.

What code are you using?

ASRock 945G-DVI dsdt patched manually

It seems that my initial guess was correct. I need different code than Dr. Hurt provided. I'm also running a Dual-Core E2180, and yes, there are still old boxes around.

What code are you using?

I found "ASRock 945G-DVI dsdt patched manually" somewhere, and the settings seem to be all right for my ASRock Conroe1333-DVI/H. http://www.mediafire.com/?w8liu75fqmcd7wu

All needed devices seem to work when booting from tonymacx86´s [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] CD with the above patch applied.

Before the patch, audio and ethernet were working with CD boot, but monitor stuck at 1024x768. Booting from HD, audio was gone. After patching, booting from HD is unavailable, as I run into the well known "you have to reboot your system" error

I suppose I should try to take a closer look at the EFI boot system, as all features seem to be there. It just occurrs to me that not all gadgets are called for correctly during system startup.

Edit: Everything working now. In case you would like to view my "Extra" folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vy8r9lonr66khr1