Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

<br />Has anyone ever gotten DVI or HDMI working with the GMA950? It seems to me that OS X can't see a display on it, so only sends out the blue screen...<br /><br />Patrick<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That works on my desktop with Leopard (with patched AppleIntelFramebuffer.kext and some not annoying artifacts). The motherboard is an ASRock 945G-DVI. No luck with 10.6 yet - maybe because it doesn't support AHCI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to patch v2 and I get:

Loading Acpi table from file /Extra/DSDT.aml
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)
................................................................................
.................................................................................
.................................................................................
Parsing completed
Disassembly completed, written to "/Extra/DSDT.dsl"

Compiling "kQ?"
Error	4068 - Could not open file "kQ?" (No such file or directory)

what does that error mean?

Hi

I've read the whole thread and, since english is not my mother tongue, I think I don't understand the entire thing about the fix.

I mean, I have an Intel D945GCCR motherboard with an Intel Celeron D @2.53 GHz (Socket 775) on it. I installed iATKOS v7 and it runs pretty well, Wifi (Zydas 1211 USB adaptor), Sound (VoodooHDA for the built-in Realtek ALC883 sound card makes Line-In and front panel works OTB), etc. But Im getting some artifacts when I hover text-boxes, just how some of the people is describing here.

Well, my only issue with my setup, as you may guess, is the infamous GMA950, which is giving me some artifacts when I hover text boxes. I was trying with the fixes posted here, but everything I get is an unbooteable system and 10 minutes lost booting from de CD-ROM and reinstalling the provided drivers (and the artifacts with them).

So, what da !(#&$)# I've to do to fix it? Please help me, I don't want to go back to Windows :P

• 2 weeks later...

10.6.2 includes 64bit driver for GMA950 and newer chips. The drivers are buggy - so I personally don't recommend using them till Apple updates them in future updates.

In my case, the monitor doesn't wake up after sleep. It works perfectly in 32bit mode.

Why there is no Device(PCI0) in my dsdt.dsl?

Beta testers wanted:

I've found an alternative universal drop off location for the 1st part of the code for all those who couldn't find Scope (_SI)

Here is the updated instructions with the new drop off location and the new code which greatly improves compatibility with 10.5.7 and probably future updates especially the pesky Snow Leopard.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll update the fist post once I sure the instructions are free of mistakes and the new code works.

dsdt.zip

• 2 weeks later...
10.6.2 includes 64bit driver for GMA950 and newer chips. The drivers are buggy - so I personally don't recommend using them till Apple updates them in future updates.

In my case, the monitor doesn't wake up after sleep. It works perfectly in 32bit mode.

Same here DR.Hurt, monitor doesn't wake up after sleep in 64-bit, did u find any solution yet or any hope for a solution or do we need to wait for apple to update the kexts.

Another thing I had a strange problem with the combination of SL & GMA950 hack in dsdt. I modified my dsdt with Evosx86 'DSDTSE' Patcher v1.3. I always used to get 'ACPI' kernel panics at boot whenever I try to boot SL in 64-bit mode with 'GMA950' hack in dsdt, if i remove that no kernel panics. This problem has haunted me for the last three months. At last I found a solution thanks one of the moderator of EvOsx86 forum, who suggested me to change the lines "Storage (Package(0x1A)" in the 'GMA950' hack to "Storage (Package()", voila that has solved my problem.

NOTE: If u use latest version of DSDTSE(1.42 as of now), u will get a remark about this specific line. If u change the line as i explained above the remark goes away so as the 'ACPI' kernel panics(if u have any). My board is Intel 945GCNL with 945GCR chipset, if u have same board & same chipset and facing the same problem, this is the solution.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a GMA950 (2772) and Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (64-bit).

With Dr. Hurt's DSDT patch everything boots up fine but I get a blank gray screen, no logo, no wheel, nothing. What could this mean?

If I don't use the DSDT patch 10.6.2 boots up fine and detects my GMA 950 but QL/QE and 3D is off and the resolution is stuck at a maximum of 1280x1024.

Can someone confirm this DSDT fix works for 10.6.2 (64-bit) with GMA950 (2772)? Or could someone please give me a clue as to what the blank gray screen means?

I installed GMA950 V3, but internal TFT matrix does not work too. I can work with external monitor only..... In any from 32/64 bits modes. How I can switch to internal TFT? HELP!

me too man me too i have a shuttle x50 all i need is the fixed res u get it to work

is there a way to fix the blue screen issue i cant use my internal monitor on my shuttle x50 the patch works but it dosnt recognize my monitor only an external one and the internal one is a touch screen this would be great if i could fix it like amazing

only external monitor works internal dosnt work now sad face all res but no monitor wowowoowowowow PLease help iv tried so much things im done dead tired btw i have a shuttle x50 barebones please someone help me with my internal monitor all i want is full res please

only external monitor works internal dosnt work now sad face all res but no monitor wowowoowowowow PLease help iv tried so much things im done dead tired btw i have a shuttle x50 barebones please someone help me with my internal monitor all i want is full res please

if i understand..... this is for desktop only, so no internel monitor because there is no internal monitor in a desktop pc !

________

i used this fix on my desktop, asus p5gc-mx/1333.. work great the first time, thanks a lot !!!

• 3 weeks later...
post a copy of your dsdt.dat and the ioreg (use iorgistryexplorer and GetDSDT )

Dont use any dsdt.aml into the root in order to obtain a clean copy of the dsdt.dat

ioregistry

GetDSDT

Hi at all!

I have some trouble with my hack. First I got a nvidia GF8400GS in it, but in my G4 Cube it´s too hot.

Now I have to use my onboard graphics, it´s a GMA950 (look to my signature).

I had try some of your dsdt versions, but no one bring me success!

Please could you help me with my graphics so it will be work?

I had made a dsdt.dat file and a IOReg File...

I got Snow Leo 10.6.2 and Chameleon 2 RC4 running on it..

mindsuk

..sorry for my bad english! :(

Archiv.zip

Patched and compiled my own DSDT file for the Intel GMA 950. Got all resolutions working but no hardware acceleration. Videos lag in full screen mode, and front row runs but I can't see anything. This is for a Dell GX520, using all stock kexts, any thoughts? I'm attaching my DSDT file.

dsdt.zip

hi, anyone knows how to solve the black screen problem

i tried out the GMA950_V3.zip here, installed with osx86tools, didn't use the DSDT file comes with the zip, instead, i used the PATCH.zip method and ends up with a black screen when boot up

any idea to fix this?

thank you

ok, i solved the problem by using the iatkos install disk, using the terminal to delete the DSDT file

then i tried the DSDT file from V3 and V4, both didn't work, they both go as far as the grey apple loading screen without the loading icon showing up and hang there.

now the problem is, i tried the v3 v4 and the patch, they dont work, what else i can try??

at the moment, using the v3 ktext files, it has QE support, but the resolution is limited to 1024x768, can't change to any other.

please help me. thank you

I know just how you feel... I've been struggling with my Aopen Mini PC MP945-D now for a two weeks with this issue. I use 10.5.8 retail, and get QE with all original stock drivers. However, the only display option is 1024x768 no matter what I do. Originally I blamed it on the composite line out to the tv, but now I have it hooked up with a DVI / HDMI cable- still no change. The EDID isn't being picked up. The TV isn't the problem (a brand new Sony HDTV), as it works perfect on my X3100 laptop. I've tried my trick of including the Sony's EDID in the default display override; the override is used (display is now named) but the EDID isn't! No new resolutions.

I'm now frustrated enough to consider installing Linux or Win7! SwitchResX made no difference (and is now expired)... various hacked drivers either do nothing, or make only a blue screen show on bootup... I've edited the DSDT with various 950 "fixes" with no change.... Starting to believe that this machine lacks the ability to transfer EDID data, as weird as that sounds. I'd be happy hard coding it to something widescreen.

hi, anyone knows how to solve the black screen problem

i tried out the GMA950_V3.zip here, installed with osx86tools, didn't use the DSDT file comes with the zip, instead, i used the PATCH.zip method and ends up with a black screen when boot up

any idea to fix this?

thank you

Hi,

try out to connect with remote desktop. I got the same problem after i tried one of those GMA950 kext. It looks like a second monitor on my hackingtosh...

Hi,

try out to connect with remote desktop. I got the same problem after i tried one of those GMA950 kext. It looks like a second monitor on my hackingtosh...

hi, thanks for the help, i solved my problem by reinstalling the iActkos v7, and choose ONLY GMA950 Desktop (previously i ticked all Laptop, Desktop and Rare)

now it has qe, can change resolution.

but there's still a problem, it provides wrong resolution of my monitor, my monitor is a 19" 16:10 monitor, and the resolution for choose are all 4:3, something like 1024x768, 1280x1024...

i tried to connect to another monitor which is a 23" Full HD monitor16:9, it gives me higher resolution, but the options are still 4:3 format.

any tips??

thank you

Regarding the DVI/HDMI issue many people seem to be having, it looks to me like the GMA950 driver only supports a single graphics pipe from the chipset which defaults to the built-in VGA connector on the motherboard. The Mac Mini version which had this chipset only had a single DVI connector, so there was no reason to support both graphics pipes.

What I'm thinking needs to be done is to add a command into the DSDT to tell it to use the other pipe (which connects to the SDVO -> DVI on my motherboard at least). I've found this from another posting:

"AAPL01,Pipe",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

This would be inserted into the second section of modified code (after built_in).

I'm going to try it when I get home tonight. Any comments? Am I barking up the wrong tree?