XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

i replace the file, and burn again the dvd but when i try to boot from the dvd nothing happens, no screen to press F8 or any key... also my bios don´t have the option to change SATA...

how did you do it?; it should at least behave as before you replaced the file... sounds like you broke the boot sector on the ISO.

I explain what has to be done (short version; If you do it youself you need to search for how to, and you need OSX already installed):

the Extensions.mkext file contains all the drivers (kexts) needed for booting (in this case the DVD). If you unpack that file onto a folder you will get a lot of kext files. The one supporting ICH chipsets is the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. What you have to do is insert your SATA device ID 2929 it the Info.plist (inside the kext; AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/ actually the kext is like a folder with subfolders). If you open this .plist file with a text editor you will see the different ICH devices listed. Scroll down until you see your ICH9-M; you need to add: 0x29298086 under "<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>" (you will see theres more device IDs; just add yours) and save.

Then you need to repack the .mkext file and replace it.

I've already done this and it should work (even if your SATA is not recognized; you should be able to boot the DVD as before, and get the 'waiting for root device' message). Thats why I guess you've touched the boot sector on the ISO when you replaced the file....

Just to be sure you could put the old file back and see if you get the same thing...

how did you do it?; it should at least behave as before you replaced the file... sounds like you broke the boot sector on the ISO.

I explain what has to be done (short version; If you do it youself you need to search for how to, and you need OSX already installed):

the Extensions.mkext file contains all the drivers (kexts) needed for booting (in this case the DVD). If you unpack that file onto a folder you will get a lot of kext files. The one supporting ICH chipsets is the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. What you have to do is insert your SATA device ID 2929 it the Info.plist (inside the kext; AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/ actually the kext is like a folder with subfolders). If you open this .plist file with a text editor you will see the different ICH devices listed. Scroll down until you see your ICH9-M; you need to add: 0x29298086 under "<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>" (you will see theres more device IDs; just add yours) and save.

Then you need to repack the .mkext file and replace it.

I've already done this and it should work (even if your SATA is not recognized; you should be able to boot the DVD as before, and get the 'waiting for root device' message). Thats why I guess you've touched the boot sector on the ISO when you replaced the file....

Just to be sure you could put the old file back and see if you get the same thing...

Now i don't have OS X in any pc, but the file that you upload has already the ICH9 Id right?

i just open magicISO and drop the file in system/library to repleace the original, saved and burned. I tryed to burn 2 times with 2 diferent programs(nero and magic iso) but the result was the same.

Am i doing something wrong?

Now i don't have OS X in any pc, but the file that you upload has already the ICH9 Id right?

i just open magicISO and drop the file in system/library to repleace the original, saved and burned. I tryed to burn 2 times with 2 diferent programs(nero and magic iso) but the result was the same.

Am i doing something wrong?

yes, it has your ICH9-M ID already. Honestly I dont know how magicISO works. I usually do those things on OSX. There was another user with a similar problem (unsupported SATA controller); he succeeded replacing the mkext file from windows with transmac:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=991263

maybe thats a better choice. I hope you keep a untouched ISO to do it again as the one you edited is broken....

Do you have the drivers for Radeon x1800? I have the 10.5.6 release installed but couldn't get any resolutions beyond 1024x768. I installed Natit however now I get the blue screen at boot with what looks like a high res mouse on the screen but it just hangs.

Thanks

yes, it has the your ICH9-M ID already. Honestly I dont know how magicISO works. I usually do those things on OSX. There was another user with a similar problem (unsupported SATA controller); he succeeded replacing the mkext file from windows with transmac:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=991263

maybe thats a better choice. I hope you keep a untouched ISO to do it again as the one you edited is broken....

i've finaly got it,(the iso that i download first had the wrong MD5 after patch PPF1),transmac worked, but i still get the "still

waiting for root device" thing before the instal begin, i'll post a picture later.

EDIT: here's the photo http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2222/dsc03710cu2.jpg

Is there any problem to skip the disk verification right before the instal?

I just want to say thank you! to

BlackCH

for the PPF. Yes, I realized the pages I was looking at were cached, and you had actually uploaded the ppf already, so the whole seatbelt thing was solved... etc.. but I just did a new install and it was all very exciting! (now i just have 2 or 3 issues remaining).

i've finaly got it,(the iso that i download first had the wrong MD5 after patch PPF1),transmac worked, but i still get the "still

waiting for root device" thing before the instal begin, i'll post a picture later.

EDIT: here's the photo http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2222/dsc03710cu2.jpg

Is there any problem to skip the disk verification right before the instal?

I'll make another .mkext file for you if you want to try. Let me know

Theres a 'skip' (or 'cancel'?) button on the same window to skip the disk verification....

it's skip

I didnt read well....I thought you were asking if there was a way to skip the media verification....!

No, theres no problem to skip it.

I've double-checked the file I already sent you. It should work; the devices IDs are there; As a matter of fact the ID was already there on AHCIPort.kext. 2929 is the device id from your ICH9 AHCI (thats the default mode of your machine HD controller). I cant do much more. Try the ISO with the original mkext file, since the md5 was wrong probably the ISO was corrupted...

If still doesnt work....there should be some kind of setting option for your HD on the BIOS...

Just attempted to install this on my Acer Aspire 5100 and took me a few tries to get the drivers correct for the AMD Turion 64 that is has in it but was able to get it to start loading.<br /><br />So far I have gotten to getting it able to come up to the Apple logo for about a minute with a spinning dial, then the screen goes a solid white with no mouse.

If I boot up by using F8 and trying '-v' to boot it will load up but once it gets to a GUI the screen goes kinda black/write with odd looking images scrolling sideways on the screen (I can't make out anything of it).

Just attempted to install this on my Acer Aspire 5100 and took me a few tries to get the drivers correct for the AMD Turion 64 that is has in it but was able to get it to start loading.

So far I have gotten to getting it able to come up to the Apple logo for about a minute with a spinning dial, then the screen goes a solid white with no mouse. Then its been that way for about 30 minutes now.

Any ideas on this one?

boot with -v (verbose) and see where stops.

Try installing without video drivers at first...

boot with -v (verbose) and see where stops.

Try installing without video drivers at first...

When I use -v param I get a black/write style screen which scrolls very fast.

Also I have a ATI Xpress 1100 which shows up to be a ATI Radeon 200M series.

I remember I had this same thing happen with the video before on another install, I found instructions on how to fix it by running some '/movevideodrivers' command.

I've double-checked the file I already sent you. It should work; the devices IDs are there; As a matter of fact the ID was already there on AHCIPort.kext. 2929 is the device id from your ICH9 AHCI (thats the default mode of your machine HD controller). I cant do much more. Try the ISO with the original mkext file, since the md5 was wrong probably the ISO was corrupted...

If still doesnt work....there should be some kind of setting option for your HD on the BIOS...

i've just done that(boot with the original with the right MD5 anf ppf1) and i got a new "still waitinng....." screen http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2349/dsc03712cc9.jpg

i don't know what to do, i can't change HD options in bios.

Thank you so much BlackCH, for all of your work :( .

I finally have an almost perfect Mac setup thanks to you. The only thing I need is a working driver for the GTX 260, but plan on buying a 7200 GS soon to hold me over. Everything else works flawlessly now right out of the box! Q6600 on a DFI Jr P45-T2RS (ICH10).

i've just done that(boot with the original with the right MD5 anf ppf1) and i got a new "still waitinng....." screen http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2349/dsc03712cc9.jpg

i don't know what to do, i can't change HD options in bios.

Try this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110388

I havent use it; in theory it will copy the content of the installer DVD on one of your partitions, then you can boot it and run the installer from the HD. I would try this with a USB drive to be on the safe side (you dont want to screw the Windows installation on your internal HD).

Thank you so much BlackCH, for all of your work :P .

I finally have an almost perfect Mac setup thanks to you. The only thing I need is a working driver for the GTX 260, but plan on buying a 7200 GS soon to hold me over. Everything else works flawlessly now right out of the box! Q6600 on a DFI Jr P45-T2RS (ICH10).

Great. Very nice board!

Hi BlackCH, sorry to bother you again with that, but did you have the time to upload the Finder Preferences fix?

And again, thanks for you work, your version works like a charm (except for the Finder) on my two hacks!

Regards,

Naunaud.

Hi BlackCH, sorry to bother you again with that, but did you have the time to upload the Finder Preferences fix?

And again, thanks for you work, your version works like a charm (except for the Finder) on my two hacks!

Regards,

Naunaud.

Im sorry, I've been very busy these days. Try this one (I need to know if that works. Might not)

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1uxngmjmyz

What about the sharing preference pane? do you also have problems with it?

Hi. Installs fine on my MSI P35 Neo2FR (modded BIOS). Seems a lot faster than Leo4all, so thanks! :)

However, I seem to be having some problems with eSATA devices, which are not being mounted (unless connected at startup), nor listed in disk utility. Though when I connected an unformatted drive through eSATA, I was prompted to initialize this. Shouldn't OS X also discover formatted eSATA drives? USB works fine...

I also suspect there is something wrong with firewire. I have had an Apogee duet device connected here, which seems to cause a lot of unresponsive apps (especially system config). Is there some other kext I should try installing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :censored2:

Hi. Installs fine on my MSI P35 Neo2FR (modded BIOS). Seems a lot faster than Leo4all, so thanks! :)

However, I seem to be having some problems with eSATA devices, which are not being mounted (unless connected at startup), nor listed in disk utility. Though when I connected an unformatted drive through eSATA, I was prompted to initialize this. Shouldn't OS X also discover formatted eSATA drives? USB works fine...

I also suspect there is something wrong with firewire. I have had an Apogee duet device connected here, which seems to cause a lot of unresponsive apps (especially system config). Is there some other kext I should try installing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :censored2:

maybe removing AppleHPET.kext helps (or install HPETDisabler)

It's working, thank you :(

Really?; Ok. That one reinstalls the 10.5.6 stock Finder.app. So, trying to have a clue of what happens with the Lenguage Packages, I would say that maybe they are not fully compatible with 10.5.6. Those packages usually comes from 10.5.4 retail discs or older... dont know.

Basically this is a POSTINSTALL patch as you will have the same problems once you install a lenguage pkg. so theres no sense to include it on the DVD.