XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

hi,

i cant find u on IRC, so.. questions go here...

i couldnt make my audio to work, i did what you told me, but nothing...

i whanted to instal the alc880 pkg form IPC DVD but the installer tells me that i have a newer version installed.. i deleted appleaudizila.kext from extension but no change

what else can i do?

For installing kexts is better to extract the content of the PKG with Pacifist; and then install it with Kexthelper.

Sorry people; my computer went out during the night.... Now Im on line again

Theres currently no fix for this on my ISO. I will include the old GraphicUpdate1.0 kexts/frameworks (someone said this could help) and the 10.5.5 nvkexts too. You can try to install thise to see if it help....

Ok, I just installed it, on first boot black screen. Reboot, pressed F8 from the DVD boot, typed rd=disk0s2, booted to the desktop, istalled EFI string, rebooted. Booted to a black screen again, but instead of rebooting, i went to my other computer, did somethings there, when i came back, it was sitting at the desktop, everything working. So, rebooted, took 5 min to shut down, bootup through the white apple screen was normal, than black screen, but it took 5 minutes until it showed the desktop. I rebooted again, typed -v to look for errors, none, everything looked normal. What could cause the slow boot after the white apple boot screen????

There is bug in the appleACPIPlotform.kext with this CD

generic AC97.kext sound driver got some distorted sound.

i install different appleACPIplotform. and that fix the sound.

Dell XPS 710 gen 2

CPU: Pentium M 2 GHz.

MEM: 2GB DDR 2 577

VIdeo: Nvidia GF go 7800GTX

SATA 1 160GB

You should the seatbelt.kext of 10.5.5 in your first post, because the 10.5.6 one is causing kernel panic :(

Btw, the Finder Preferences (Command+,) are not working, it resets the Finder.

Finder Preferences (Command+,) works fine here.

Seatbelt added on the first page

Ok, I just installed it, on first boot black screen. Reboot, pressed F8 from the DVD boot, typed rd=disk0s2, booted to the desktop, istalled EFI string, rebooted. Booted to a black screen again, but instead of rebooting, i went to my other computer, did somethings there, when i came back, it was sitting at the desktop, everything working. So, rebooted, took 5 min to shut down, bootup through the white apple screen was normal, than black screen, but it took 5 minutes until it showed the desktop. I rebooted again, typed -v to look for errors, none, everything looked normal. What could cause the slow boot after the white apple boot screen????

You could try a GFX injector (NVKush) to see if it makes any difference....

There is bug in the appleACPIPlotform.kext with this CD

generic AC97.kext sound driver got some distorted sound.

i install different appleACPIplotform. and that fix the sound.

Dell XPS 710 gen 2

CPU: Pentium M 2 GHz.

MEM: 2GB DDR 2 577

VIdeo: Nvidia GF go 7800GTX

SATA 1 160GB

Thats a incompatibility problem between new and old kexts not really a bug; you can spect that kexts from 10.5 wont work properly on 10.5.6. You need to find the combination that works best for your machine.

By default the DVD installs a full vanilla 10.5.6 system (including ACPIPlatform.kext) plus the needed decrypter/disablers/enablers.....

Hi blackCH.

Im installing your distro in my HP Dv6000 AMD notebook, i got the installation to finish, but cant get to first boot.

attached is the screen were i got.

The system is:

Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz (8 x 200)

North Bridge: nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 (C51MV)

South Bridge: nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51)

one of the main problems off this notebook is tha it has a PS2 keyboard and mouse, so i have to boot with USB ones to get in the installation..

I got it to work with iPC distro, but got stuck in first boot in a screen than waytes for my keyboard ... (i did use the ps2fix...)

any ideas how to get this to work?

post-304030-1231194847_thumb.jpg

post-304030-1231194871_thumb.jpg

i loved the old XxX releases , for example the 10.4.11 was the only release that worked in my P4 3200MHZ SS2 (and i tested all others)

but now i have a new pc and i dont know what to install

my specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

motherboard Asus P5Q (Chipset Intel® P45)

ati radeon HD4850 1GB

any tips what i must install? i heard i cant install hackintosh in P45 chipsets (must update motherboard bios or something)

I was gonna install iPC 10.5.6 but XxX has a trustable past experience for me so I chose this distro. I'm glad I did. Not too much hype for this distro. Maybe it's because people install and don't ever need to post in this thread. My first try installing on GA-P35-S3G and it works perfect. Lightning fast boot time, I've never seen this fast until this distro. Here are the options I changed, -not checked- while installing. So I left alone all checked options and added the following:

- ICHx chipset support

- JmicronATA

- NVDarwin256MB (for my 7600gt 256 mb)

- EnhancedSpeedstep (How do I know if it works as intended or not?)

- OpenHaltRestart

- SMBIOS800 (for my 800 mhz ram modues)

I didn't install any audio driver, because I was gonna use this (post#12):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133460

I'm almost sure your DVD included an older driver. Maybe you consider including this for ALC662 for your next PPF / ISO...

I didn't install any DSDT thingy. They were unchecked. Do I need them?

No marks, logos, desktops in this distro unlike iDeneb's. Thanks a lot!

XxX, if you can answer two questions about SpeedStep and DSDT, I would be more than happy.

Edit: To my surprise, my computer now shuts down completely and monitor not shutting down prior to showing desktop while booting. So thanks again and again!

XxX, if you can answer two questions about SpeedStep and DSDT, I would be more than happy.

Glad you like it; I will add the audio driver in the next PPF; althou is going to take sometime as Im getting busy right now... Make sure you get the fixes from the first post!.

About speedstep, I personally use GenericPowerManagement package by superhai; it works very well and the app is nice. It support speedsteping and undervolting, Also it has built-in temperature monitor... and is in permanent development right now (now is call VoodooPower): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=143898

About DSDT; no, you dont need it but a customized DSDT table for OSX is something good to have. I have made a nice DSDT.aml file for my P5K-VM: It includes HPET fix, RTC fix, Ethernet Fix (for Timemachine, AdobeCS, filesharing), and support for my NVidia 7600GT (now it doesnt require any extra graphic drivers (no nvinject or nvkush, etc) nor EFI strings; It just works OOTB!); soon to come is support for my ALC883 (no audio drivers will be needed no more). So I dont need to worry about those things breaking due an update, or in a fresh install never again. As you see theres some things to it...

You can read more here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...133683&st=0

and a great new tool for DSDT patching:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142434

- EnhancedSpeedstep (How do I know if it works as intended or not?)

if you can run installed speedstep.app on Applications/Utilities, it works if you can see new indicator (CPU clock) on finder bar.

my system never get it working with any distros.

But I ever tried Speedstep by uphuck (iATKOS 5i) on Axioo Zetta and it works.

IntelEnhancedSpeedstep by uphuck

~944KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/179399963/OSx86_stuff.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TAUCWR0S

VoodooPower by Superhai currently much better :rolleyes:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...60&start=60

- OpenHaltRestart

Edit: To my surprise, my computer now shuts down completely and monitor not shutting down prior to showing desktop while booting. So thanks again and again!

yup. OpenHaltRestart by Psytar do a job.

http://store.psystar.com/opensource/openhaltrestart

Hello, i am trying to install Leopard Os on my new pc but i have problem with all versions, like Kalyway 10.5.2,Leo4All 10.5.6,iAtkOS 5i,iDeben 1.5.3.Specially with Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4All i have the same problem.At 1st one made the installation but then Starting Darwin/x86 and restart.At Leo4All 10.5.6 when i m trying to boot from CD getting this error Loading HFS+ file: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230a80. Starting Darwin/x86 . I am thinking the problem is on EFI loader i have try cpus=1 and diffirent revesions for my mobo but the problem is still alive. Please some help and sorry for my eng.

Mobo: Asus Rampage II Extreme with ACPI bios revision 903 ...all the others checked but same problem.

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-940 2.93 GHZ LGA1366

GPU: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD4870 1GB DDR5 PCI-E TV-OUT

Chipset: Intel X58 / ICH10R

Mem: OCZ OCZ3RPR18004GK 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3 PC3-14400 REAPER HPC DUAL CHANNEL..but i slow them to 1066Mhz

Storage : Intel ICH10R southbridge and Jmicron 363 controller (but i have disable Jmicron and use my ide DVD like external USB)

SoundC : SupremeFX X-FI ( ADI AD2000B )

Bios setup : Sata change to AHCI, Firewire disabled, 2nd lancard disabled,Jmicron controller disabled. AHCI by default used in Enhanced mode.

Hello, i am trying to install Leopard Os on my new pc but i have problem with all versions, like Kalyway 10.5.2,Leo4All 10.5.6,iAtkOS 5i,iDeben 1.5.3.Specially with Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4All i have the same problem.At 1st one made the installation but then Starting Darwin/x86 and restart.At Leo4All 10.5.6 when i m trying to boot from CD getting this error Loading HFS+ file: [/system/Library/Extensions.mkext] from 4230a80.

CPU: INTEL CORE I7-940 2.93 GHZ LGA1366

Core i7 thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132960

you should check kernel compatibility, is it voodoo kernel support Core i7?

try to boot with alternate kernel: mach_kernel_2 -v

try modbin kernel for Kalyway 10.5.2, boot with: modbinkernel -v

I try this distro..ya..need to go with cpus=1 and..it did boot the DVD..then when I thinking of erase my SATA partition hd ..well it did not detect my SATA HD..it only detect my IDE HD..that is my default Vista Sp2 directory. With iDeneb..all are fine and also need to boot with cpus=1 before selecting the fix. it seem that my HD controller did supported by XxX distro.

Thanks for this excellent release, i'll post my specs / install config, it may help others:

P5E-VM HDMI, Q6600, 4Gb Mushkin, DVD and HD Sata on AHCI mode, JMicron disabled, ALC883 throught SPDIF working, 7600GT with nvkush, Gigabyte Bluetooth, usb mouse and keyboard all this on vanilla kernel. Now time to explore DSDT mode.

Just one question: does DSDT changes your computer BIOS?

Thanks once again.

Just one question: does DSDT changes your computer BIOS?

Thanks once again.

You can either use a DSDT.aml file which is loaded by PCEFI_9 or chameleon_DSDT (doesnt touch your BIOS at all) or using the new patcher to patch your BIOS (not very safe, but I will try soon)....

Links a couple of post above....

You can either use a DSDT.aml file which is loaded by PCEFI_9 or chameleon_DSDT (doesnt touch your BIOS at all) or using the new patcher to patch your BIOS (not very safe, but I will try soon)....

Links a couple of post above....

Thanks for all the info, should i generate the DSDT.aml file witch will later be loaded by the bootloaders that you've mencioned with pcwiz tool? or his gui patcher patch the bios of the MB.

Thanks for all your support.

BUG: 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext missing on Voodoo 9.5 kernels. This will cause KP when mountings DMGs. (Install this only if you DONT USE vanilla kernel)

Fix:

Thanks a lot, that's exactly the problem I was having. (and so far the only one)

I spent all evening trying different kernels on my AMD system but only the Voodoo one appeared to boot to the desktop. (and also, I've _never_ had a osx86 system boot this fast before)

Now let's reboot and hope I don't get kernel panics when mounting dmg! :rolleyes:

This looks like a really great one, thanks XxX and all others involved, now I'm ready for iLife 09. (which requires 10.5.6)

Glad you like it; I will add the audio driver in the next PPF; althou is going to take sometime as Im getting busy right now... Make sure you get the fixes from the first post!.

About speedstep, I personally use GenericPowerManagement package by superhai; it works very well and the app is nice. It support speedsteping and undervolting, Also it has built-in temperature monitor... and is in permanent development right now (now is call VoodooPower): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=143898

About DSDT; no, you dont need it but a customized DSDT table for OSX is something good to have. I have made a nice DSDT.aml file for my P5K-VM: It includes HPET fix, RTC fix, Ethernet Fix (for Timemachine, AdobeCS, filesharing), and support for my NVidia 7600GT (now it doesnt require any extra graphic drivers (no nvinject or nvkush, etc) nor EFI strings; It just works OOTB!); soon to come is support for my ALC883 (no audio drivers will be needed no more). So I dont need to worry about those things breaking due an update, or in a fresh install never again. As you see theres some things to it...

You can read more here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...133683&st=0

and a great new tool for DSDT patching:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142434

- SpeedStep.app still not working after installing VoodooPower.kext but GenericCPUPowerManagement Application works perfect. Thank you.

- "a great new tool for DSDT patching" - That tool is still in beta stage. I have time to try DSDT patching until possible future update 10.5.7. Till then, I wanna enjoy this super installation.

Now a question: I boot Windows XP, Linux Mint and XxX OSX86 on the same drive using GRUB bootloader (I installed Mint in last turn, it installs the nice GRUB bootloader.). Will DSDT patch harm this nice sytem if I generate a DSDT.aml (not BIOS patch)?

Also thanks to Arial for replying.

PPF1 for the XxX_10.5.6 ISO is out

Addons & Fixes:

-10.5.5 seatbelt.kext installed by default with non 9.6.0 kernels (fixes KP while mounting DMGs)

-DVD player fixed

-GMAx3000/3500 fixed

-10.5.5 NVkexts (for NV FX5xxx graphics cards)

-AppleGraphicsUpdate1.0

-Alps FFScrolls Glide Trackpad driver

-AppleHPET disabler

-10.5.5 keyboard prefpane

-AHCI 10.5.6 fix

-Local time toggle

-MassStorage 205 kext

-USBFamily 328 kexts

-IOPCIFamily 254 kext

-NVkush for 320,512,640,768 mb cards

-New alc 662

-New Sigmatel 9223