XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

DPCIManager on OSX will do

Ok, without the USB wireless keyboard adapter in, it stops at Still waiting for root device...

With it plugged in, it says Still waiting for root device once, then continues loading.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1953/image019rr3.jpg

Here are my hardware ID's, and my laptop is a HP DV9562ea

post-291057-1233620852_thumb.png

post-291057-1233620865_thumb.png

I've tried the nForce chipset kext and the nForce test kext during install

Ok, without the USB wireless keyboard adapter in, it stops at Still waiting for root device...

With it plugged in, it says Still waiting for root device once, then continues loading.

I've tried the nForce chipset kext and the nForce test kext during install

that wireless kbrd adapter are you pluggin is just a RF/IR dongle, isnt it?. Did you try booting with any other USB device to see if it does the same?; and what items did you install from the ISO?

Any other issues other than that?

that wireless kbrd adapter are you pluggin is just a RF/IR dongle, isnt it?. Did you try booting with any other USB device to see if it does the same?; and what items did you install from the ISO?

Any other issues other than that?

Yeah it's an infra red dongle, I've tried booting with my mouse IR dongle, my wired Apple keyboard. It only boots when the keyboard dongle is in. :S

I don't think I installed anything else from the disc, this happens on any distro.

I just installed AzaliaAudio.pkg for my Conexant HD on-board sound and the audio is quite choppy - any idea on why that could be happening?

Yeah it's an infra red dongle, I've tried booting with my mouse IR dongle, my wired Apple keyboard. It only boots when the keyboard dongle is in. :S

I don't think I installed anything else from the disc, this happens on any distro.

I just installed AzaliaAudio.pkg for my Conexant HD on-board sound and the audio is quite choppy - any idea on why that could be happening?

Probably is related with the USB ports. You could try some of the USB patches from 'others' menu and see if it change something; otherwise just stick to your dongle.

About audio suttering, possibly is caused by the on-the-flight cpuid kernel patching (for your AMD cpu to work). You can patch your binaries with MarvinAMDUtility.app, this may increase the performance....

i finally installed mac!

however i have some problems...

problems i am having the audio, graphics, and frames displayed on the laptop

when i load like safari and surf a web when i start scrolling it reproduces the same image so the text is over each other

is there a solution for this?

i finally installed mac!

however i have some problems...

problems i am having the audio, graphics, and frames displayed on the laptop

when i load like safari and surf a web when i start scrolling it reproduces the same image so the text is over each other

is there a solution for this?

Your graphic card (m7150) is not supported. thats why (do a search about this but Im pretty sure).

OSX will ONLY run properly on mac-like hardware. That is: ICH chipsets (7, 8, 9, 10) (now MBP have new NVidia chipsets too), Alc 88x sound, supported GFX cards, Core 2 duo or better. The rest is very likely to have problems; So is like a tryout version, if you like it you build a compatible machine (or buy a mac) otherwise you will have endless problems.

You can get rid of that by deleting NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and GeForce.kext . You wont be able to switch resolutions, no QE/CI, and probably no full screen....

Probably is related with the USB ports. You could try some of the USB patches from 'others' menu and see if it change something; otherwise just stick to your dongle.

About audio suttering, possibly is caused by the on-the-flight cpuid kernel patching (for your AMD cpu to work). You can patch your binaries with MarvinAMDUtility.app, this may increase the performance....

Earlier, I recalled installing one of the power management kexts from the iso which I thought that might be causing the audio stuttering. I reinstalled today without it and the audio is working fine now. I seem to get the occasional mouse lag though, where the cursor stutters for about a second or two.

Earlier, I recalled installing one of the power management kexts from the iso which I thought that might be causing the audio stuttering. I reinstalled today without it and the audio is working fine now. I seem to get the occasional mouse lag though, where the cursor stutters for about a second or two.

You could try the new VoodooPower kext by Superhai (not on the DVD), if you still need cpu throttle...

Your graphic card (m7150) is not supported. thats why (do a search about this but Im pretty sure).

OSX will ONLY run properly on mac-like hardware. That is: ICH chipsets (7, 8, 9, 10) (now MBP have new NVidia chipsets too), Alc 88x sound, supported GFX cards, Core 2 duo or better. The rest is very likely to have problems; So is like a tryout version, if you like it you build a compatible machine (or buy a mac) otherwise you will have endless problems.

You can get rid of that by deleting NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and GeForce.kext . You wont be able to switch resolutions, no QE/CI, and probably no full screen....

how can i delete the nvdanv40hal.kext, nvdaresman.kext and geforce.kext?

or do i have to install it again?

A new ISO is up at the usual tracker!

Although the installer has nearly the same options as before (includes the PPF1 and the unreleased PPF2) this is a whole new ISO based on 10.5.6 retail disk (build 9G66). This will get rid of all those localization bugs present on the Rev 2 ISO. The old ISO was based on a 10.5.4 disc, with a hacked 10.5.6 combo update on it; this hack was too ugly and it was causing the problems some of you had noticed. With this new ISO you can get a clean retail install.

Besides that main highlight theres a few more small additions:

-AnV 10.5.6 kernel (AMD/Intel)

-Nforce mpc67 boot support

-NVkush custom ram bug fixed

-mkextMaker.app bug fixed

In case you need to install any language pack use the XxX_Language_Pack to avoid incompatibilities.

As always new add-ons will be added by future PPFs.

Tried the "old" version with the PPF patch.

Hardware:

Abit IP35 mobo

C2D E6400

Radeon HD3850

Selected ICH10 (cos it does 9 & 10), Marvell 80E56 (GB lan), ALC888 and of course Radeon HD3800 drivers. Also PS2 fix and Apple ACPI platform.

Graphics all corrupted but I can make out what is under this garbage. As soon as I selected 1024x768 it cleared but 1280x1024 gives me {censored} again. Monitor is LCD 1280*1024 so I SHOULD be able to run this res.

photofe9.jpg

w800.png

Also I cannot use my PS2 Keyboard with my USB Mouse. Had to plug in a USB Keyboard (which is {censored}e) - I tried to do some PS2 fixes but not working still.

And couldnt get Sleep working 100%.. it sleeps the HD and screen but the fans still spin... No idea which package to select!?!

Any ideas on the VGA? I had the same problem with iPC and his Radeon HD3850 drivers.

This seems a good install DVD but I could do with more help on which Kexts/Patches to select. The Help text isn't hugely Noob friendly and there isn't an "offline" guide...

Tried the "old" version with the PPF patch.

Hardware:

Abit IP35 mobo

C2D E6400

Radeon HD3850

Selected ICH10 (cos it does 9 & 10), Marvell 80E56 (GB lan), ALC888 and of course Radeon HD3800 drivers. Also PS2 fix and Apple ACPI platform.

Graphics all corrupted but I can make out what is under this garbage. As soon as I selected 1024x768 it cleared but 1280x1024 gives me {censored} again. Monitor is LCD 1280*1024 so I SHOULD be able to run this res.

Also I cannot use my PS2 Keyboard with my USB Mouse. Had to plug in a USB Keyboard (which is {censored}e) - I tried to do some PS2 fixes but not working still.

And couldnt get Sleep working 100%.. it sleeps the HD and screen but the fans still spin... No idea which package to select!?!

Any ideas on the VGA? I had the same problem with iPC and his Radeon HD3850 drivers.

This seems a good install DVD but I could do with more help on which Kexts/Patches to select. The Help text isn't hugely Noob friendly and there isn't an "offline" guide...

Probably those Radeon HD drivers are not compatible with 10.5.6 (they come from 10.5.5). Your best chance is to use EFIStudio or x86Tools to instert a string for your card... Dont install any drivers from the DVD. PS2 devices should work with the 'PS2 nub' from 'Essential kexts' only; although I know the combination PS2/USB is troublesome; I had that issue on Tiger times. I just got a USB to PS2 adapter for my mouse...

Sleep works well in some mobos and not so well on others; also the combination CPU/mobo makes a difference. You can try installing another kernel (Voodoo 1.0); or making a custom DSDT table...

Probably those Radeon HD drivers are not compatible with 10.5.6 (they come from 10.5.5). Your best chance is to use EFIStudio or x86Tools to instert a string for your card... Dont install any drivers from the DVD. PS2 devices should work with the 'PS2 nub' from 'Essential kexts' only; although I know the combination PS2/USB is troublesome; I had that issue on Tiger times. I just got a USB to PS2 adapter for my mouse...

Sleep works well in some mobos and not so well on others; also the combination CPU/mobo makes a difference. You can try installing another kernel (Voodoo 1.0); or making a custom DSDT table...

Thanks for taking time to help. I think you may have got the PS2 solution as I had selected some PS2 kext and didnt know the essential Kexts included PS2.. so that's probably why things are confused.

I guess I'll need to learn EFI Studio or x86Tools... ;)

With the 10.5.4 base iso, everytime I boot, my network settings duplicate and the normal settings don't work anymore. I have to delete the old settings, and use the duplicated ones and enter my IP address etc in to them everytime.

I'm downloading the new iso now, I hope it works well on my laptop - not many distro's work on it. x[

Thanks for taking time to help. I think you may have got the PS2 solution as I had selected some PS2 kext and didnt know the essential Kexts included PS2.. so that's probably why things are confused.

I guess I'll need to learn EFI Studio or x86Tools... :)

BlackCH, thanks, I tried without Radeon drivers and the screen came up with a funky pattern rather like lego bricks... I could not see anything to be able to change resolution or anything to be able to add anything with EFI Studio.

Am I able to install with Radeon drivers and then remove them and re-do with EFI Studio? (Sorry, trying not to thread hijack - I suspect this is related to drivers and not the XxX install in particular)

Am I able to install with Radeon drivers and then remove them and re-do with EFI Studio? (Sorry, trying not to thread hijack - I suspect this is related to drivers and not the XxX install in particular)

sure, you can do that too. Insert the EFI string first and then remove the drivers.

EDIT:

You can try this drivers too:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

they seem to be up to date with 10.5.6

...and let me know if they work, so I can replace the ones on the DVD

Hey BlackCH,

I finally got my dev ID :D it is 0x0266

http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?devi...e_search=Search

Did you use a HD scan software (Everest, Sandra, etc) to get that? You need to do it in that way to be sure thats correct.

Anyway; if thats is your dev ID, then it should work 'cos that device is already on the AppleNforceATA driver. You should try the new ISO....

hey BlackCH, I found my dev ID with the "Device Manager Method" under "Control Panel" - System - Device Manager - HDD Controler - Properties - Details - Device instance ID ...is it the correct one?

And if "yes" is there another reason why the Installer couldn't find my HDD?

I thought about a broken controler or HDD... but everything runs smooth on win XP.... *helpless*

hey BlackCH, I found my dev ID with the "Device Manager Method" under "Control Panel" - System - Device Manager - HDD Controler - Properties - Details - Device instance ID ...is it the correct one?

And if "yes" is there another reason why the Installer couldn't find my HDD?

I thought about a broken controler or HDD... but everything runs smooth on win XP.... *helpless*

If u're familiar with linux you can use "lspci -nn" (in a console) to retrieve your hardware's Vendor- and DeviceIDs

PS: BlackCH thanks for making this new release :-)