XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

PPF1 for the XxX_10.5.6 ISO is out

Addons & Fixes:

-10.5.5 seatbelt.kext installed by default with non 9.6.0 kernels (fixes KP while mounting DMGs)

-DVD player fixed

-GMAx3000/3500 fixed

-10.5.5 NVkexts (for NV FX5xxx graphics cards)

-AppleGraphicsUpdate1.0

-Alps FFScrolls Glide Trackpad driver

-AppleHPET disabler

-10.5.5 keyboard prefpane

-AHCI 10.5.6 fix

-Local time toggle

-MassStorage 205 kext

-USBFamily 328 kexts

-IOPCIFamily 254 kext

-NVkush for 320,512,640,768 mb cards

-New alc 662

-New Sigmatel 9223

-NVinject for DVI output (8400gs/8600)

-mkextMaker

-FunctionFlip prefpane

thank you for PPF update.

downloading from green demon.

Hello blackch,

I tried the PPF, it seems that even if I choose Voodoo Kernel the seatbelt.kext is not right, I still have Kernel Panic, I had to redo the seatbelt.kext replacement.

Regards,

Naunaud.

please; check the version of the seatbelt.kext installed by the ISO. And if you can, attach your Install.log file (/var/log/)....

I'll re-check here.

Thank you very much for ur release,i am stilling downloading it,the download is very unstable,jump from 30kb/s to 160kb/s and then went back again,seems that there arent many seeders, cos i stuck at 93.1% after two days' download.

Anyway, i was told that ur version runs the fastest, so I'd like to try it as soon as i finish download :)

u said PPF1 for the XxX_10.5.6 ISO is out

but where is it?any link?

cant find in ur 1st post? ;)

If you don't have an account to the green demon, just search up xXx_10.5.6, and it'll have a list of his releases on green demon.

So, even though it's not even a day old, it's not letting me download it under green demon. So, I'm just gonna go with what I was asking before, does the original xXx 10.5.6 distro not have the leopard graphics update? That's really all that I'll need out of it, and if I can just install it from apple itself, I'll be good then.

it's called XxX_10.5.6_PPF1,just downloaded it,havent tried it yet.

BlackCH,is this "A5F8172F7B7EF7E5A304D24C3AEBC695" the md5 of the iso after patch,

or md5 of the ppf 1.

I just finished download,but found the MD5 of the ppf 1 is C9F95253ACB909B6FFFE185458CBD3A6, shall i download it again???

Hi BlackCH, first thank you for your past and present releases :blink:

I got a minor issue, as reported by another user: Finder Preferences not showing and simply resetting Finder, if a localized language.pkg is installed. Besides the around 20MB .pkg from other distros, I also tried the >80MB localized language .pkg from retail 10.5.4 DVD installing w/ Pacifist, but still no prefs. Btw, no errors reported. The Special Characters window still not showing, too.

I also had to copy the 10.5.5 SharingPref.prefPane back, the dvd sharing option did not show as expected (some folder name like, appearing w/ underscores) when localized.

Tips on how to localize my installation are welcome ;)

I just made a fresh install with Voodoo 1.0. Seatbelt.kext is the right one (v107.10) and dmgs are mounting fine... So check it out

Hi, I cannot reproduce what happened yesterday, so I guess it was unrelevant.

Nice job with that PPF!

Regards,

Naunaud.

Finder Preferences not showing and simply resetting Finder, if a localized language.pkg is installed.

I also had to copy the 10.5.5 SharingPref.prefPane back, the dvd sharing option did not show as expected (some folder name like, appearing w/ underscores) when localized.

A fix is coming soon. For now test as much as you can to see if there are more of these and let me know