XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

Thats strange, the only thing -v does is to show 'whats happening' while booting. Maybe is related to your graphic card.

Boot once without -v. Boot will fail. Then boot with -v and check the system.log; copy the log of these last two boots and upload them here as a zipped text file. I'll have a look

I just reinstalled with voodoo and the things you told me to check im going to get a driver for the graphics see if that will fix it i know it wont have qe/ci but ive researched and there is a way to get full res with a driver so im going to try to try that.

the installation was perfect....... But i am getting ramdon frezees , i dont know what is the problem.

Dell XPS 710

NVIDIA’s nForce 590 SLI chipset.

CPU - Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600

Video - Nvidia 9800GTX 512 mb.

Any ideas ? am i missing something?

UPDATE: I found the problem i was booting with "-v idlehalt=0" and i took out the -v and it works i cant boot without idlehalt=0 but i researched that and i guess i need it im going to add it into the boot plist so i wont have 2 enter it all the time. Booting with idlehalt thought causes most of my temp problems it makes it run way hotter. Also i installed the arthos or whatever it is 5007rg driver which is the card i have and it doesnt work do i need to insert my dev id into the plist?

UPDATE: I found the problem i was booting with "-v idlehalt=0" and i took out the -v and it works i cant boot without idlehalt=0 but i researched that and i guess i need it im going to add it into the boot plist so i wont have 2 enter it all the time. Booting with idlehalt thought causes most of my temp problems it makes it run way hotter. Also i installed the arthos or whatever it is 5007bg driver which is the card i have and it doesnt work do i need to insert my dev id into the plist?

I only found this... doesnt seem much (and is for the 'eg' model):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1009356

the installation was perfect....... But i am getting ramdon frezees , i dont know what is the problem.

post a FULL list of the items you installed

I am sorry right now i dont remember wich items i used ( i am a rokie i guess)

i am gonna start from scratch wich settins do you recomend me to use ?

NVIDIA’s nForce 590 SLI chipset.

thank you!

Thanks ill try it later i finally got it working its about time wow! thanks so much for your support. Ill get all the other little things working but i wouldnt have gotten it even installed. If it wasnt for your distro and all your hard work and support with issues thanks alot and keep up the good work

NVIDIA's nForce 590 SLI chipset.

thank you!

NVIDIA's nForce 590 SLI chipset.

thank you!

Hi alvaromf,

try to take a look into /var/log/Install.log, or restart from DVD and check which sections are 0 Bytes, i guess this would give you a hint what kind of items has been installed.

Did you installed any other applications or drivers after you've successfully logged in ?

Cheers,

FlashMail

Thanks ill try it later i finally got it working its about time wow! thanks so much for your support. Ill get all the other little things working but i wouldnt have gotten it even installed. If it wasnt for your distro and all your hard work and support with issues thanks alot and keep up the good work

which extension did u use?

a, b, or c?

hey BlackCH & friends :)

I'v got a strange problem installing the latest xXx release.

I'm using a HP Pavilon dv2000 series with AMD x2 Turion and Nforce4 controler. (1x SATA HDD)

When I try to use diskutility before installing Leo the installer doesn't show my HDD ;)

I remeber in early versions there wasn't such a problem....

Can I do anything to solve that?

Its the first time that I got all the kexts I need on one DVD installer! ...even so I can't install :(

Thanks in advance from Germany

hey BlackCH & friends :)

I'v got a strange problem installing the latest xXx release.

I'm using a HP Pavilon dv2000 series with AMD x2 Turion and Nforce4 controler. (1x SATA HDD)

When I try to use diskutility before installing Leo the installer doesn't show my HDD :)

I remeber in early versions there wasn't such a problem....

Can I do anything to solve that?

Its the first time that I got all the kexts I need on one DVD installer! ...even so I can't install :D

Thanks in advance from Germany

Post your Nforce SATA controller dev ID (you can get it with Everest under windows). Which other releases had work in your hardware?

hey BlackCh

thanks for your fast reply! I'll check the ID this evening.

The other releases are Leo4All and iDeneb. But I always got

problems with wlan, keyboard, touch pad and sound, so I got back to win xp :(

(but I never got that HDD issues)

And the second thing is that somebody here in the forum got your

release working without any problems on a very similar laptop from HP! (Turion/Nforce4/SATA)

That was the point that I did this last attempt ;)

i tried many distro like kalyway,ipc x86, ideneb, iatkos, and leo4all none seems to see my hard drive or it stops in the middle of darwin boot. i was only able to get to the installer with xxx_10.5.6 with modifcation of the extension.

Can Someone help me through the install i'm having trouble...

i can see the hard drive and i erased it, but i don't know what to choose to install and for voodoo kernal do i just choose one?

My specs

-Hp dv6500-

AMD turion x2 64

7150m graphics

160gb hard drive

4gb ram

hey kafatson! How did you modificate the extensions and what did you add?

Can you explain it to me step by step? Would be very nice!

Edit: I got this install infos from another HP Pavilon User:

ChameleonSMBIOS

AppleNForceATAtest

Apple Decrypt, CPUNullManagemaent, SMBIOSEFI rausgenommen

dafür dsmos.kext

10.5.5 Kexts: AppleACPIPlatform

Voodoo 1.0

AppleAzalia Audio

Broadcom Wireles

Forcedeth nforce4 Ethernet

SMBIOS677

ToH 10.5 kexts: ApplePSController

He got his HP Laptop running xXx Leo!

To BlackCH and all,

I am using an ASUS A8N-VM CSM, I am able to boot the XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Ins tall_Disc_Rev1 - SSE2-SSE3/Intel-AMD DVD, Finish the installation, Reboot the machine The USBECHI fails and then after which I get to the Mac Welcome Screen, it flickers a bit and freezes.

I tried running in Boot using -v -f

I have used the following options

Essential Software

Chameleon SMBIOS

DSDT Patcher

Essential System Kexts

Optional Kernal - Voodoo 9.5.0.1.0 (Intel / AMD)

Chipset - AppleNforceATA - (It worked with Leo4all 4.1.1)

Graphics - NVInject_0.2.1_512MB

Sound - ADI1986

Network Drivers - nForceLAN ethernet

Powermanagement - none

IOUSBMassStorageClass205 ( not sure if this works)

LocalTimeToggle ( use a Dualboot with Windows)

All Tools

I am not sure If there is any other options that I need to use to make this work, if you all need any logfiles, you will need to tell me where i can find it, I will post it rightaway.

Thanks for any assistance

To BlackCH and all,

I am using an ASUS A8N-VM CSM, I am able to boot the XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Ins tall_Disc_Rev1 - SSE2-SSE3/Intel-AMD DVD, Finish the installation, Reboot the machine The USBECHI fails and then after which I get to the Mac Welcome Screen, it flickers a bit and freezes.

I am not sure If there is any other options that I need to use to make this work, if you all need any logfiles, you will need to tell me where i can find it, I will post it rightaway.

Thanks for any assistance

Try installing the HPETDisabler for the USB problem. Do not install any graphics drivers at first. Use EFIStudio after install to insert a GFX string.

hey BlackCH. sorry but I can't find the dev ID? Where I have to search in everest? or is there another tool?

thanks!

something like 'SATA' on nforce?

Thanks a lot for this distro, iPC doesn't work on my laptop with AMD CPU, nForce chipset, neither did iDeneb 10.5.5. I was stuck with iDeneb 10.5.4 for a while, however, this installed with no problems at all. :whistle:

I still have this one weird problem though - I can only boot the OS if I have a wireless keyboard adapter plugged in to the USB slot, which came with the Trust DS-3200 Wireless Optical Slimline Deskset. I will post a photo of where it gets stuck without it being plugged in if requested.

Thanks a lot for this distro, iPC doesn't work on my laptop with AMD CPU, nForce chipset, neither did iDeneb 10.5.5. I was stuck with iDeneb 10.5.4 for a while, however, this installed with no problems at all. :D

I still have this one weird problem though - I can only boot the OS if I have a wireless keyboard adapter plugged in to the USB slot, which came with the Trust DS-3200 Wireless Optical Slimline Deskset. I will post a photo of where it gets stuck without it being plugged in if requested.

Sure, post it. But only if is together with your HW details (CPU, chipset, gfx; include dev ID too), and a full list of the installed items.

hey! I'm a little bit confused about my Chipset... CPUZ says "nforce 410/430 MCP".

Everest and another one says "nforce MCP51 SATA Controller". :(

Hope this helps...

Nope, thats the model and it doesnt help. I need to know the chipset device ID which is a 8 digit hex number

Sure, post it. But only if is together with your HW details (CPU, chipset, gfx; include dev ID too), and a full list of the installed items.

Could you tell me the best way of retrieving my hardware details along with ID's within either Leopard or Linux?