XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

The problem might be that the PHAT variable is pionting somewhere else in your system.

Your system log says:

Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

I dont know if you did this yourself or is default on the installer you use.

This is the way it should be set (thats from my install log):

Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Path.html

That could give you an idea how to solve it...

About your network. See if removing AppleHPET.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext change something

EDIT: The script that install chameleon doesnt run properly when the installer is not runned from a DVD. So burn the image and it will work

i erased destination partition and then install the system to it,

did exactly the same thing as i did with a regular system install.

thank u very much for the reply,certainly will burn a dvd at slow speed

and give it a try soon :)

Finger crossed my ethernet will work :)

i see the same error both tryin to install ipc and xxx what can it be?

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ (core solo)

Asus k8n-e nforce 3

geforce fx 5200 128 mb

Try booting with

-mach_kernel_2; (I dont know if that will work on AMD)

-cpus=1 (even if you have a single core processor)

-platform=acpi

If nothing of this works you need to make a custom kextcache....

U R AWESOME,BLACKCH,I USED UR METHOD AND FINALLY GET MY ETHERNET WORKING!!!

THNX A LOT,U R THE MAN!

Good;

now, for the best, instead of removing those kexts you can use the disablers (HPETDisabler and NullCPUPowermanagement; on my ISO). This will prevent future updates (10.5.7, etc) to break your network again. DO NOT EXECUTE THE DRIVERS PACKAGES!; extract them and install the kexts with kexthelper. You dont actually have to put back the kexts you removed, but if you eventually update the system the disablers will be already there doing their job

hey everyone, managed to get this one installed and when running it is the most stable release i have used, no freezes what so ever as of yet, but i have a couple of problems/questions...

on booting at the darwin prompt i get a message that says no acpi version (it disappears very quickly not sure if it says anything else).

Also every now and again when i try and boot it doesn't show the loading swirl on the apple screen and it freezes at a blue screen and needs to be restarted to get it to load up.

Hi everyone, I've managed to install this release, and it works quite well actually. Minus 2 problems I don't know how to solve:

- The bluetooth does not work: I've tested with my phone and my keyboard, neither worked (it keeps trying to pair)

- I cannot shutdown, or restart my computer (quite a problem in fact): my screen goes asleep and my computer freezes

Please notice that I didn't have these issues with iDeneb 10.5.5

Can you help me please? ;)

Thanks in advance

My hardware:

GA-P35-DS3

Q6600

4 Gigs

9800 GTX+ 1Gig

Bluetooth stick

Hi everyone, I've managed to install this release, and it works quite well actually. Minus 2 problems I don't know how to solve:

- The bluetooth does not work: I've tested with my phone and my keyboard, neither worked (it keeps trying to pair)

- I cannot shutdown, or restart my computer (quite a problem in fact): my screen goes asleep and my computer freezes

Please notice that I didn't have these issues with iDeneb 10.5.5

Can you help me please? :unsure:

Thanks in advance

My hardware:

GA-P35-DS3

Q6600

4 Gigs

9800 GTX+ 1Gig

Bluetooth stick

Try removing AppleHPET.kext... HPET is intefering with other devices like firewire, USB, ethernet, etc on 10.5.6 (didnt happend on earlier versions)....that can be your case. If that doesnt help try to install 10.5.5 IONetworkingFamily.kext and see if it change something.

About shutdown, Voodoo kernel should take care of it. Also theres OpenHaltRestart.kext on the DVD

You don't need to reinstall. What you need to do, is download the 10.5.5 combo update from apple, use pacifist to get in the package, locate seatbelt.kext and extract to from the package to your computer, and install and replace the 10.5.5 kext with the kext installed in the OS already. If you don't understand fully, feel free to pm me for more help.

Thanks so much for the help. I actually tracked down the kext file here: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:F0ffwc...;cd=3&gl=us and used OSx86Tools to install it. Now all is working perfectly!

Thanks,

Jake

Thank you so much! This is what was killing me. I've never had my Hack even booting into the UI before until now! then Kernal Panics everytime I try to mount a a disk image! If this works, I will be a happy camper, and know what to do with my computer! (I'm a mac head, so having a really nice server set-up without any software I know how to use is useless).

Hello.

I have successfully instaled XxX_10.5.6 with PPF1. With this version I need a way to install drivers for my NVIDIA GT 9600 card. Every tutorial I have read on here uses a different and/or outdated way for earlier versions. What is the right way to do it for this one? Someone told me all I need to do with 10.5.6 is update the EFI? Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks!

Thank you so much! This is what was killing me. I've never had my Hack even booting into the UI before until now! then Kernal Panics everytime I try to mount a a disk image! If this works, I will be a happy camper, and know what to do with my computer! (I'm a mac head, so having a really nice server set-up without any software I know how to use is useless).

Theres a seatbelt.kext installer in the first post.

Hello.

I have successfully instaled XxX_10.5.6 with PPF1. With this version I need a way to install drivers for my NVIDIA GT 9600 card. Every tutorial I have read on here uses a different and/or outdated way for earlier versions. What is the right way to do it for this one? Someone told me all I need to do with 10.5.6 is update the EFI? Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks!

Use EFIStringCreator.app (included under 'tools', should be installed at /Applications/Utilities/) to insert a EFI string on the boot.plist. Is very easy: select your card model, then press 'Add Device', then 'write to apple.com....', reboot.

I think thats the best method.

After a successful instal i get stuck on this screen if i boot with -v and -f flags

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03705eb6.jpg

my paltop it's a Hp pavilion zx5000

what can i do to solve this?

Your Radeon9600 (I belive is what you have) wont fully work with QE/CI. Those 9600 drivers in the ISO are from Tiger; someone requested them 'cause they were working for him, they give resolution change only. Now if you can live with it your best chance is not to install the 9600 drivers and try to get it working afterwards (seems that AGPGart.kext isnt working for you) or if you have windows installed, you can access the OSX disk (with macdrive) and delete AGPGart.kext (in /System/Library/Extensions/), so you dont have to reinstall.

I would install Tiger on that computer;

Your Radeon9600 (I belive is what you have) wont fully work with QE/CI. Those 9600 drivers in the ISO are from Tiger; someone requested them 'cause they were working for him, they give resolution change only. Now if you can live with it your best chance is not to install the 9600 drivers and try to get it working afterwards (seems that AGPGart.kext isnt working for you) or if you have windows installed, you can access the OSX disk (with macdrive) and delete AGPGart.kext (in /System/Library/Extensions/), so you dont have to reinstall.

I would install Tiger on that computer;

Yes that's my video card, i'll try to install again without the video driver, if i still have that problem i'll give a try with Tiger.

And just one more thing, i have a new hp dv5-1050ep and when i try to install i get the "still wainting for root device"

http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03708gc9.jpg

i've tryed the ipc pp3 release too but no success either, is there anything that i can do? My Notebook it´s a HP Dv5-1050ep

Intel® Core™2 Duo T9400 2,53 Ghz, 6 MB - Chipset Intel IPM45 + ICH9M

Memory 3GB -HD 320GB SATA 5400 rpm

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 4 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI , 1 eSata, 1 VGA, 1 RJ45 conector ethernet, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire

Thanks man :)

Hello BlackCH, about that Finder Crash with other languages, it seems that installing the 10.5.5 Finder resolves this problem.

( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1043665 )

Will you had the option have the 10.5.5 Finder on your next PPF?

Regards,

Naunaud.

Yeah; I have the fix installer done since last week... I forgot to put it up. I've been a bit busy. I will put it up here this weekend.

Intel® Core™2 Duo T9400 2,53 Ghz, 6 MB - Chipset Intel IPM45 + ICH9M

Memory 3GB -HD 320GB SATA 5400 rpm

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 4 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI , 1 eSata, 1 VGA, 1 RJ45 conector ethernet, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire

Thanks man :P

Thats a nice machine for leopard. Try to change the sata settings from IDE to AHCI or from Enhanced to compatible (within BIOS).

If you have windows try to get the device ID from your SATA controller with Everest or some software like that; I'll add it onto the ISO...

Thats a nice machine for leopard. Try to change the sata settings from IDE to AHCI or from Enhanced to compatible (within BIOS).

If you have windows try to get the device ID from your SATA controller with Everest or some software like that; I'll add it onto the ISO...

My BIOS don't have the option to change to AHCI, is there any other way?

In EVEREST i got this :

South Bridge Intel 82801IM ICH9-M

Intel Platform Montevina

Revision 93

Package Type 676 Pin mBGA

Package Size 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm

Core Voltage 1.05 V

Driver Description Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

Driver Date 15-04-2008

Driver Version 8.0.0.1039

Driver Provider Intel

Device Description Intel 82801IB ICH9 - 4-port SATA AHCI Controller

Bus Type PCI

Bus / Device / Function 0 / 31 / 2

Device ID 8086-2929

Subsystem ID 103C-3603

Device Class 0106 (SATA Controller)

Revision 03

Ok this was my experience installing last weekend and living with it for a week.

1. Kernel Panic on install due to seatbelt.kext

* this was resolved w/PPF 1

2. Kernel Panic on install due to JMicron JMB363 ATA controller

* disabled in bios to allow install

3. Graphic driver conflict

* selected NVKush for my GeForce 7900 GS 256mb but also selected in the Apple installer to copy my files from another partition. This appeared to copy an old NVinject kext. After install did not have CI/QE. Deleted the old NVinject kext and on reboot have Core Image: Hardware Accelerated and Quartz Extreme: Supported.

* my issue just a cautionary tale

Been running fine since install. Getting CI/QE working cleared up errors in Boxee and other apps I was getting. These are my current questions:

1. Power

* cannot log off/restart/shutdown. Please recommend an appropriate fix for power based on hardware below. Thanks.

2. JMicron JMB363 ATA

* when I enabled in bios again I got another kernel panic. During install I recall having two JMicron ATA options and believe I selected both. Which do I need and which should I delete.

3. Kernels

* I installed the default kernel. Can this kernel take Apple updates without concern? Do I need Voodoo to do that instead? An Apple security update killed my last Kalyway install.

4. Separate Kexts

* I installed PCEFI. Does this not setup a separate directory for MY kexts to avoid upgrade issues? Where is that?

My hardware is in my sig.

Thanks so much for this release and getting my hackintosh up an running again.

Try removing AppleHPET.kext... HPET is intefering with other devices like firewire, USB, ethernet, etc on 10.5.6 (didnt happend on earlier versions)....that can be your case. If that doesnt help try to install 10.5.5 IONetworkingFamily.kext and see if it change something.

About shutdown, Voodoo kernel should take care of it. Also theres OpenHaltRestart.kext on the DVD

Hi, thank you very much for your post, I've done what you said: removing the AppleHPET (no effect), then adding the IONetworkingFamily.kext (still no effect). Have you any other idea for this? Because, if the bluetooth doesn't work I'll be mandated to return back to 10.5.5... (My only MAC keyboard is bluetooth) :(

And the trick for rebooting works well thank you! (used the OpenHaltRestart extension)

Device Description Intel 82801IB ICH9 - 4-port SATA AHCI Controller

Bus Type PCI

Bus / Device / Function 0 / 31 / 2

Device ID 8086-2929

Subsystem ID 103C-3603

Device Class 0106 (SATA Controller)

Revision 03

Yes; that ID wasnt on the driver, thats why you cannot boot. I've added it now. Lets see if it works.

What you need to do is to replace the Extensions.mkext file (/System/Library/ folder within the ISO) with the one I uploaded for you. There are some applications under windows that can do that- TransMac or MagicIso (replace a file within a ISO image). If you have access to OSX this can be done easy with some terminal commands. Then reburn. Let me know if it works

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymemwmxmzjw

1. Power

* cannot log off/restart/shutdown. Please recommend an appropriate fix for power based on hardware below. Thanks.

2. JMicron JMB363 ATA

* when I enabled in bios again I got another kernel panic. During install I recall having two JMicron ATA options and believe I selected both. Which do I need and which should I delete.

3. Kernels

* I installed the default kernel. Can this kernel take Apple updates without concern? Do I need Voodoo to do that instead? An Apple security update killed my last Kalyway install.

4. Separate Kexts

* I installed PCEFI. Does this not setup a separate directory for MY kexts to avoid upgrade issues? Where is that?

My hardware is in my sig.

Thanks so much for this release and getting my hackintosh up an running again.

-Installing Voodoo kernel will take care of the restart/shutdown problems. If you still want to use the default (Vanilla) kernel, you can try the OpenHaltRestart.kext; should work too.

-You installed both packages which actually is the same kext modified. So the second package (wrong one, The one that says 'JMB360' is meant ONLY for that device) overwritten the first. Need to reinstall the Jmicron.kext:

http://darwin-ata.googlecode.com/files/JMicronATA.kext.zip

use kexthelper to install.

-PCEFI installer doesnt generate the /Extra/Extensions folder automatically. You need to do it yourself (sorry). Not a big deal if you kept track of the items you installed. Just create the folder, copy the kexts, repair permissions, delete the kext from origen...

Hi, thank you very much for your post, I've done what you said: removing the AppleHPET (no effect), then adding the IONetworkingFamily.kext (still no effect). Have you any other idea for this? Because, if the bluetooth doesn't work I'll be mandated to return back to 10.5.5... (My only MAC keyboard is bluetooth) :(

And the trick for rebooting works well thank you! (used the OpenHaltRestart extension)

....Dont know, maybe reinstalling the 10.5.5 IOBluethootFamily.kext....

Since is a USB dongle the problem could also be related with USB ports. You could try to install some fixed USB kexts:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029

Trial & error method. Every system/hardware combination works different

Good;

now, for the best, instead of removing those kexts you can use the disablers (HPETDisabler and NullCPUPowermanagement; on my ISO). This will prevent future updates (10.5.7, etc) to break your network again. DO NOT EXECUTE THE DRIVERS PACKAGES!; extract them and install the kexts with kexthelper. You dont actually have to put back the kexts you removed, but if you eventually update the system the disablers will be already there doing their job

cool,man,i'll keep it in mind do it before the next update to 10.5.7 if there is one,

for now i'll just leave it alone cos it was driving me nuts when it didnt work.

Have been out for my classmate's wedding,didnt have time to log in and say thank to u,

I appreciate ur generous help very much :D

Yes; that ID wasnt on the driver, thats why you cannot boot. I've added it now. Lets see if it works.

What you need to do is to replace the Extensions.mkext file (/System/Library/ folder within the ISO) with the one I uploaded for you. There are some applications under windows that can do that- TransMac or MagicIso (replace a file within a ISO image). If you have access to OSX this can be done easy with some terminal commands. Then reburn. Let me know if it works

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymemwmxmzjw

i replace the file, and burn again the dvd but when i try to boot from the dvd nothing happens, no screen to press F8 or any key... also my bios don´t have the option to change SATA...