XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Now I'm testing more extensively to the basics and I'm afraid it does not wake up from sleep. AFAIK this is a kernel related issue. Well, it is not because is happening to this install only. In fact the other distro wakes up well and even my USB 10.4.8 Jas w/ 8.8.1 Semthex kernel does. :rolleyes: I am sorry, I hope you will not get this as a complaint. Please tell me what you think could be helpful to the community being verified on a low performance system like mine.

Cheers :D

Problems report:

1. at my friend's HP DV6704 laptop

after i patch the ppf 1,i burned the dvd at very slow speed and chose verify after burn finished.

It said burn successful. So I boot from the dvd with verbose mode(press f8 and type -v)

it guided me through the choose language and install window,

then i chose disk utility planning to erase a partition,but i couldnt find any disk listed on the left!

Googled it and found it should be problem with sata mode,

but I went into the laptop bios and it has no option to disable it!!!

my hp dv6205us laptop has the option for it.

so anyway to go around with this? is there any windows software that can do this trick?

speci of laptop:cpu:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57

hard drive:Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 ATA Device

graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce 7150M

network: nforce network adapter

wireless: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter

audio:Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

storage controller:Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Multimedia Drive LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

2. at my HP dv6205us

First of all,no offence but i have to say that i installed other versions like kalyway,jas and ipc without

any problem except that the intel pro 100 ve ethernet stopped working after update to 10.5.6

I have tried extract every drivers from old versions like iakto 5i,kalyway10.5.2 and so on but havent

had any luck so far, tried followed other people's instructions and add device id 1092 8086 into

appleintel8225.kext or 8224(cant remember) under ionetworkfamily.kext as said by people in the

hardware column of our forum,but still doesnt work. If only someone who has the same ethernet and

device id please let me know if urs works or not!

I was told that ur version runs pretty faster than the others,so thought i shall give it a try,maybe the

ethernet driver probably can work in your version.

so used my mac system in external hard drive to install xxx version( with ppf patched) to my current

hard drive, first erase the partition to mac journal format andl then I chose the default checks in the

options like base system,essential kexts??(sorry,cant remember) cos i have working drivers for my

graphic card and audio, I chose to install them later after finish system install.However,it after install

showed 100% finished,it stopped for a while and said install failed!!! sth i came across onlyonce when

the i so was corrupted! so i checked the md5 of the iso(after patched) again,the same md5 as u posted.

then i tried to install ur system without ppf 1 patched(glad i have a backup,md5 correct)

still says instal failure!!!

after that i tried install chemelon 1.0.11 first to the destination partition, and then install the system,

still the same......

last choice,i extracted ur intel pro 100 ve driver and installed,no luck....

I am lost,man,anyone have any idea? please help,thanks!

HP DV6205us: cpt:intel core duo t2250

intel GMA 950 (use iaktos 5i's driver,full resolution without any glitches)

intel pro 100 ve(used to work under 10.5.5,stopped working in all 10.5.6 version)

broadcome wireless(always works)

samsung 120G hard drive(recognized automatically)

Conexant High Definition

battery shows correctly with powermanagement under ipc and also iaktos 5i

audio:Conexant High Definition Audio

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Now I'm testing more extensively to the basics and I'm afraid it does not wake up from sleep. AFAIK this is a kernel related issue. Well, it is not because is happening to this install only. In fact the other distro wakes up well and even my USB 10.4.8 Jas w/ 8.8.1 Semthex kernel does. :P I am sorry, I hope you will not get this as a complaint. Please tell me what you think could be helpful to the community being verified on a low performance system like mine.

Cheers :unsure:

Try the patched USB kexts (328): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029

Those are in the ISO but test them first so you dont have to install again....

Problems report:

1. at my friend's HP DV6704 laptop

so anyway to go around with this? is there any windows software that can do this trick?

2. at my HP dv6205us

i tried to install ur system without ppf 1 patched(glad i have a backup,md5 correct)

still says instal failure!!!

1. VMware install to a phisycal partition (look for a guide here in the forum; There are many), or install to a USB disk then image it on to the internal disk.

2. Sound like a bad ISO; anyway attach the Install.log (as a zipped file) and I'll have a look....

Works nice on asrock wolfdual333 with nvidia 9800gt. And the atheros ar5414 just working~!

Onboard AppleHDA no sound, id 0x18493662. Sound out with AzaliaAudio.

Boot with cpus=1 and disable AppleSMC.kext, cause AppleSMC crush the system.

Next step to modify bios for dual core.

Now running 2 core with modified bios, no more cpus=1~~

1. VMware install to a phisycal partition (look for a guide here in the forum; There are many), or install to a USB disk then image it on to the internal disk.

Certainly,i'll give it a try as soon as possible.

2. Sound like a bad ISO; anyway attach the Install.log (as a zipped file) and I'll have a look....

But the md5 is the same as u posted and included in the download file.I used the same iso file for my friend's and also my laptops. Anyway,I'll try to install it again and attach the install.log for u to take a look,hope that will not cost u too much time,cos we all know u have other important work to do.I do appreciate your time very much!

Question,can i use the old 10.5.5 ionetworkfamily to make my Intel pro 100 ve work?

cos i used iakto 5i before and the ethernet worked, after update to 10.5.6 it was down.

2.can u make the options in the dvd a little easier for people to understand?

This is my first time using ur version and I was lost what options to check and what not to.

After i went through ur older version, still dont get too many clues.

Like whats the use for 10.5.5 kexts, do we have to choose one of the hardcoded smbios,what do legacy kexts do and other little things like this...

So while i install this version,i just selected those defaulted option and drivers for video and audio,

guess that will do.

I personally prefer ipc's options cos each option is detailly explained, like while u choose this, u can not check another option. So if this version comes to the final build and if u r free, can u spend some time to make it more perfect, thanks

Well, if you like ipc then use that!, is not like we are competing for customers here (I dont even accept donations!).

I encourage the people to inform themselves, rather to being told what to do... But often people is so inert! They like to be fed in their mouths....

I dont want to sound rude, but what about you spend some time looking for the information you need? theres google, and you can always ask around.

I rather spend time searching/adding more drivers than explaining to people what they should already know in advance.

If you dont know then dont use it until you know.

Yeah, I tried that, still having graphic corruption on 10.5.6 with 10.5.5 nvidia kexts. Leads me to believe that it's probably an incompatibility with CoreUI or something. It only happens when I open System Preferences.

I saw that other people were having problems with graphics corruption, like me, and starting working my way backwards through the various versions of OS X I have, until I found that the OpenGL.framework in version 10.5.2 worked. I thought I would pass that on.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with an onboard Intel GMA915 video card. Perhaps newer, better video cards don't require a roll-back that far.

Well, if you like ipc then use that!, is not like we are competing for customers here (I dont even accept donations!).

I encourage the people to inform themselves, rather to being told what to do... But often people is so inert! They like to be fed in their mouths....

I dont want to sound rude, but what about you spend some time looking for the information you need? theres google, and you can always ask around.

I rather spend time searching/adding more drivers than explaining to people what they should already know in advance.

If you dont know then dont use it until you know.

I am terribly sorry for that,I just think that options can be made a little easier for other people,I am not asking for u to do anything,just an advice...

and i didnt mean to compete urs to other versions.

I have deleted it. Sorry again for my rudeness.

I am terribly sorry for that,I just think that options can be made a little easier for other people,I am not asking for u to do anything,just an advice...

and i didnt mean to compete urs to other versions. Sorry again for my rudeness.

Theres nothing to apologize!, we are just exchanging opinions

I understand your point of view, but wouldnt be nice to know as much as you can so when something break on your system you have the chance to fix it?. I know that requires time for reading/searching...but hey; no pain, no gain.

What Im saying here is that Im sure that 90% of the doubts people could have about any of the included drivers can be solved with a google search (I say this out of experience). All the information is there, on the tips of your fingers. You could even make your own custom distro with 2 hours of reading (Wouldnt that be cool?). Maybe we, ISO makers, should stop releasing discs so people start doing it them selves (just a thought...)....

Anyway sometime ago I started to write a PDF with detailed documentation/info (thats the right way to do it actually because the info you can include in the installer is too little/insufficient), but I dont have time to finish it... So at this point if someone wants to help with it, is welcome.

still, send me that log if you wish; I look through it

thanks for your time & sharing your knowledge, BlackCH.

I always read your answer post for learning.

I saw that other people were having problems with graphics corruption, like me, and starting working my way backwards through the various versions of OS X I have, until I found that the OpenGL.framework in version 10.5.2 worked. I thought I would pass that on.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with an onboard Intel GMA915 video card. Perhaps newer, better video cards don't require a roll-back that far.

try to install some or all graphics update. or use pacifist to install the kext what you need.

Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

included on XxX 10.5.6 PPF1

~49MB

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/leopardgraphicsupdate10.html

9f23 Graphics Update & OpenGL.framework

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=56

~52.81MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/155709705/9f23installer.pkg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DI9X4O4L

9f2114 Graphics Update, taken from iATKOS 5i

~37MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/172906719/9f2114graphics.pkg.zip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XV2SPB7S

9f2114graphics.png

thanks,I'll try it tonight and upload the install log first, just take a look at it WHEN U R FREE,

so more time can be spent to make ppf for the main public.

I am currently running ipc's version without no ethernet,

but luckily still get wireless working,Im trying the methods given by other people in hardware column.

so take ur time.Tnx very much for ur time first :(

I can understand what u mean,learn sth while trying to get everything working.

Thats what I have been doing since my first experience with Jas 10.4.8.

Guess my experience with mac os maybe a little too smooth so it makes me too lazy

to learn advanced usage of the system...

I have a problem with this release. Apple File Sharing to others clients that run 10.3.x 10.4.x and 10.5.x it NOT working; but it can mount others apple share from others.

Samba working! FTP working!

Use EFI String Creator to insert a Ethernet string on the boot.plist. This will set it to Built-in en0, and probably will fix file sharing problems

post-51637-1231701065_thumb.jpg

-Select Ethernet from the drop box

-Press 'Add Device' button

-Press 'Write to com.apple.Boot.plist' button

-Reboot and check if it is fixed

In combination with this you can try one of the hardcoded AppleSMBIOS.kext, or the old AppleSMBIOS from ToH.

Use EFI String Creator to insert a Ethernet string on the boot.plist. This will set it to en0, and probably will fix file sharing problems

post-51637-1231701065_thumb.jpg

-Select Ethernet from the drop box

-Press 'Add Device' button

-Press 'Write to com.apple.Boot.plist' button

-Reboot and check if it is fixed

In combination with this you can try one of the hardcoded AppleSMBIOS.kext, or the old AppleSMBIOS from ToH.

Thanks BlackCH, the problem are solve. Now I can make sharing to others.

1. I select essential system software

optional bootloader: chamelon SMBIOS with SMBIOS and DSDT override

system kexts: choose essential system kexts by default

optional kernel"VOODOO 9.5.0 1.0

for chipset support i choose ICHx chipset support

failured

2.Second time, tried not to choose any optional kernel once cos my core duo t2250 can support vallia kernel but failed again.

3. tried choose no optional bootloader and no chipset support still the same.

keep getting this error in the install log:

Package Authoring Warning: The installer script defines but doesn't use (and can't install) package id com.pkg.mkextMaker version 1.0.

double checked the md5 of the iso after patch,it was correct,so cant be problem of the iso.

cant find any results after google search,so I am turning to u for help.

Still,take a quick look at it WHEN U R FREE,thank u very much,BlackCH

Installer_Log_12_Jan_2009.zip

Can i use this PPF file to patch on iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 ?

dont think that's gonna work properly

why do u need to patch ipc with this ppf file?

if ur iso file is missing sth,u can always find drivers somewhere

and install it after u boot into ur system

1. I select essential system software

optional bootloader: chamelon SMBIOS with SMBIOS and DSDT override

system kexts: choose essential system kexts by default

optional kernel"VOODOO 9.5.0 1.0

for chipset support i choose ICHx chipset support

failured

2.Second time, tried not to choose any optional kernel once cos my core duo t2250 can support vallia kernel but failed again.

3. tried choose no optional bootloader and no chipset support still the same.

keep getting this error in the install log:

Package Authoring Warning: The installer script defines but doesn't use (and can't install) package id com.pkg.mkextMaker version 1.0.

double checked the md5 of the iso after patch,it was correct,so cant be problem of the iso.

cant find any results after google search,so I am turning to u for help.

Still,take a quick look at it WHEN U R FREE,thank u very much,BlackCH

Jan 12 00:42:23 lin-rickys-hp-pavilion-dv6000-rp304uaaba Installer[786]: Running OS Build: Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)
Jan 12 00:42:23 lin-rickys-hp-pavilion-dv6000-rp304uaaba Installer[786]: Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

You are running the installer from your current installation, why?. That might be the problem.

Otherwise something is very wrong with your disc; burn again

BTW, you spotted a bug (mkextMaker)! but that is not causing your problems...

Jan 12 00:42:23 lin-rickys-hp-pavilion-dv6000-rp304uaaba Installer[786]: Running OS Build: Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)
Jan 12 00:42:23 lin-rickys-hp-pavilion-dv6000-rp304uaaba Installer[786]: Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

You are running the installer from your current installation, why?. That might be the problem.

Otherwise something is very wrong with your disc; burn again

BTW, you spotted a bug (mkextMaker)! but that is not causing your problems...

Im installing the system from current leopard 10.5.6 in external hard drive,

and there's no dvd,that's what i have been doing recently cos it's much faster than dvd and it works.

I just wanna give a try of ur version and see if it can runs faster and make my ethernet work,

cos I havent had any luck so far with other versions.

tried add device id and vendor id into the ionetworkfamily.kext as other people said,

but still cant get it work....

Anyway,thank u very much for ur reply

I'll try to burn it into a dvd these days and see if it'll work or not

Im installing the system from current leopard 10.5.6 in external hard drive,

and there's no dvd,that's what i have been doing recently cos it's much faster than dvd and it works.

I just wanna give a try of ur version and see if it can runs faster and make my ethernet work,

cos I havent had any luck so far with other versions.

tried add device id and vendor id into the ionetworkfamily.kext as other people said,

but still cant get it work....

Anyway,thank u very much for ur reply

I'll try to burn it into a dvd these days and see if it'll work or not

The problem might be that the PHAT variable is pionting somewhere else in your system.

Your system log says:

Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

I dont know if you did this yourself or is default on the installer you use.

This is the way it should be set (thats from my install log):

Env: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Path.html

That could give you an idea how to solve it...

About your network. See if removing AppleHPET.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext change something

EDIT: The script that install chameleon doesnt run properly when the installer is not runned from a DVD. So burn the image and it will work

can anyone please give instructions on installing this on a p5n-e sli...

i have tried multiple times and it just freezes on the grey apple screen after the first reboot. If i reboot it again i get a blue screen after the apple logo and it just freezes again.

any help would be appreciated.