XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

KeyboardPrefPane_10.5.5 is for laptops. 10.5.6 trackpad pane will only load with original mac trackpad.

PCITools are command line utilities.

theres a bug on the mkextmaker installer

Thanx for the feedback :unsure:

I dont know if that mkext will work on this ISO. Only way to know is trying (maybe is better you get a dvd-rw disc so you dont waste on try-outs since you might have to burn a couple of discs until you get it to work). Anyway I just made this mkext for you. Let me know how it goes. Once (if) you get the disc to boot I will send you a driver package for the installation process (theres no mcp67 driverson the installer).

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0fe87f1...04e75f6e8ebb871

Thanks but that link isnt working says 0 items to display and also i tried the mkext i found it didnt work it loaded up the disk but at the aurora wallpaper it just hangs there with the spinning cursor the installer never shows up

I had to install this to be able to swap control and command keys, as w/ the 10.5.6 keyboard PrefPanel I could not get into the swap keys window...

Strange; that is working here. Maybe 'cos I have an Apple keyboard. I should test that on my laptop....

Thanks but that link isnt working says 0 items to display and also i tried the mkext i found it didnt work it loaded up the disk but at the aurora wallpaper it just hangs there with the spinning cursor the installer never shows up

Hope this works:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSR5TIHI

yes the dvd works fine loads up great its just when i go into disk util. there is no hdd shown nor is the dvd drive shown

have u changed the bios options to "AHCI"(for the hardrives) ? (ive got SATA disks)

i did that on my mobo that have MCP67, i can install but ive got the crazy panic error @ booting after install

Ok. You miss the most important thing:

Voodoo kernel 1.0 (the only one supporting AMD)

Add the 'AppleATIATA' for your chipset (is the one loading the DVD)

Dont install the 10.5.5 kext I told you. Also always install 'BootPrompt' from 'Others' menu. It will avoid autoboot.

Ok, I did some further installs and played around with some packages. Here is what I've installed:

- Essential System Software

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => AppleDecrypt

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => NullCPUPManagement

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => SMBIOSEFI Enabler

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => PS2Nub Enabler

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => PS2Controller

- Optional Kernel => 9.5.0 Voodoo XNU => Voodoo 9.5.0 1.0 (Intel/AMD)

- Chipset Support => AppleATIATA

- AudioDrivers => AppleAC97AudioATIIXP

- NetworkDrivers => AppleBCM440XEthernet

- NetworkDrivers => AtherosWireless

- Others => BootPrompt

The system is booting up fine from internal HDD, onboard LAN (Broadcom BCM4401) is working flawlessly. Audio also seems to work (haven't tested MIC-in yet due to a lack of a microphone).

What doesn't work is Airport. I've got a Atheros 168c:001b WLAN NIC and using the above package (AtherosWireless), I'm able to see my WPA protected wireless network - but I'm unable to join it. The system asks me for the WPA-PSK, I enter it and after about half a second it says "Connection failed".

The question now is: Is this issue related with this release?

PS: Thanks so far for helping me and making this awesome release! :-) :-D

Just wanted to let you know that I installed this on an IBM Thinkcentre 8189 with an SB Audigy and ATI HD3650 AGP card. The first round the DVD would KP along with other DVDs like Kalway, KaS, and Leo4All. I could only get iATKOS iV5 installed. But lastnight I decided to try this DVD again, but this time with a "cpu=1" and the blasted thing booted. I installed Voodoo 9.5.0 with ATI and Audigy drivers along with the old APIC and EFIv9. Rebooted and the system came right up!!! Needed to fix the "seatbelt.kext" thing and all is good. Only problem is no CI/QE which was not a surprise with my video card, though I do have resolution control.

Great job!!!!!

have u changed the bios options to "AHCI"(for the hardrives) ? (ive got SATA disks)

i did that on my mobo that have MCP67, i can install but ive got the crazy panic error @ booting after install

I have no AHCI option in the bios everyone always says to change it but there is nothing in there for that.

And i still havent tried the 2nd extensions im about to

Ok BlackCH im back i just tried your second mkext and i saw the mcp67 driver load in verbose mode it was by medevil or something like that but im guessing that one doesnt work for my drive cause it kept saying still waiting on device root or something like that i forgot anyways i took a pic just incase

http://i39.tinypic.com/2eal0td.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic couldnt figure out how to turn the flash off(not my camera)but now i do know i need to clean my computer screen haha.

If you need another pic ill take another one but if you can see in it it says"found 1 items" does that mean it found my HDD finally? I think you got somewhere

The first file I sent you contains this driver (I edited the plist with your dev ID):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...aded&start=

and the second contains this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7&hl=mcp67T

Theres no much more I can do as I dont have your hardware to test. Read those topics and maybe a solution will pop-up. If you find a working driver I'll make a mkext for you if you wish.

Another option is to try installing on a external USB disc....

Hi BlackCH, :blink:

it is a really nice work you did :thumbsup_anim: , but would it be possible, to post a

1.)

tutorial on how to create my own Leo DVD release, it would be very interesting how to do it.

Also it would be nice to have a

2.)

installation tutorial for your release and what each option/selection means ?

thanks a lot

FlashMail

===========================

Edited: First time 28.01.2009 14:00

By the way i got it working and it looks great ;-) many thanks to BlackCH.

3.)

Is there a way to see what kind of options i have choosen during the installation ? If i get back to the installation menu, it looks like a fresh installation, and you are not able to see the old use settings. All boxes are unselected.

==============================

Edited: Second time 28.01.2009 14:15 :idea:

I just found out, on how to see all the settings i choose. All installed compontens has a value of 0 Bytes ;-)

But it would be still nice to get a tutorial for installation and description on how to create a own DVD, so that i can add my own apps and own driver to it from scratch.

Hi BlackCH, :)

it is a really nice work you did :) , but would it be possible, to post a

1.)

tutorial on how to create my own Leo DVD release, it would be very interesting how to do it.

Also it would be nice to have a

2.)

thanks a lot

FlashMail

By the way i got it working and it looks great ;-) many thanks to BlackCH.

3.)

Is there a way to see what kind of options i have choosen during the installation ? If i get back to the installation menu, it looks like a fresh installation, and you are not able to see the old use settings. All boxes are unselected.

Edited: Second time 28.01.2009 14:15 :D

I just found out, on how to see all the settings i choose. All installed compontens has a value of 0 Bytes ;-)

But it would be still nice to get a tutorial for installation and description on how to create a own DVD, so that i can add my own apps and own driver to it from scratch.

if you would create a DVD with your option use instaHackintosh......

Looks promising. Try this out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RMN33UL

1.)

2.)

3.)

1- Is been there for long time already:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1661

Nowadays install the bootloader is much more easier. Enough with adding chameleon installer to the install packages....

or you have the automated Instahackintosh:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136138

2- No way. Im convinced google can provide this and more. I encourage self-help and research.

3-The Install.log file contains all the information. /var/log/Install.log (I think)

I wonder if somebody could help me out. I installed macosx from retail, and updated it with 10.5.6. But in some way it screwed my usb driver (replug issue). Can somebody plz just upload the IOUSBFamily.kext from this 10.5.6 release (or the USBFamily patch)? I'm on a capped internet connection right now and fully downloading the torrent just for this file is quite impossible.

thanks in advance,

parabola

if you would create a DVD with your option use instaHackintosh......

Thanks a lot for that hint, looks like exactly i've searched for.

Looks promising. Try this out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RMN33UL

1- Is been there for long time already:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1661

Nowadays install the bootloader is much more easier. Enough with adding chameleon installer to the install packages....

or you have the automated Instahackintosh:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136138

2- No way. Im convinced google can provide this and more. I encourage self-help and research.

3-The Install.log file contains all the information. /var/log/Install.log (I think)

Thanks you as well. I got it working and this is what i wanted first.

Cheers,

FlashMail

FINALLY!! wow great job its finally working after using about 200 distros. I actually saw the HDD and got to erase it. Now i started to install and i havent installed leopard on this laptop yet so i didnt know what to click im use to my old laptop. Can you help with what you think i should install

My specs

-Hp dv9000-

AMD turion x2 64

7150m graphics

250gb hard drive

4gb ram

I clicked on the voodoo kernel and i remember people saying the turion isnt supported in the voodoo kernel so what can i install.

I ended up installing and i got the grey apple loading screen(reallyy slow)then a stop sign popped up.So this is why im asking you what you think i should install

EDIT:With voodoo kernel installed i can boot into it but only with "-v" a reg. boot gives me the stop sign. is there anyway to boot with normal mode we all know verbose mode isnt to pretty. Also my system runs wayyyyy hot i have seen cpu apps and stuff but what would you prefer for a AMD turion.

I clicked on the voodoo kernel and i remember people saying the turion isnt supported in the voodoo kernel so what can i install.

Good you got it working!, Appears that voodoo do support Turion 64 cpus (They have its logo on their page: http://groups.google.com/group/xnu-dev )

EDIT:With voodoo kernel installed i can boot into it but only with "-v" a reg. boot gives me the stop sign. is there anyway to boot with normal mode we all know verbose mode isnt to pretty. Also my system runs wayyyyy hot i have seen cpu apps and stuff but what would you prefer for a AMD turion.

I dont understand well: Can you only boot with -v? do you actually get to GUI (desktop) or the boot stops? If stops, what is the last text message you see?. I would found strange you can boot GUI with -v and not with normal boot (grey apple screen)... You need to give me very detailed info so I can try to help you

Try installing 'AppleACPIPlatform' from '10.5.5 kext' menu for your temperature issue. Also theres 'GenericCPUManagement' on 'Powermanagement' menu for CPU throttle (it suppose to support AMDs).

AFAIK your graphic card isnt working on OSX, so no QE/CI.

Good you got it working!, Appears that voodoo do support Turion 64 cpus (They have its logo on their page: http://groups.google.com/group/xnu-dev )

I dont understand well: Can you only boot with -v? do you actually get to GUI (desktop) or the boot stops? If stops, what is the last text message you see?. I would found strange you can boot GUI with -v and not with normal boot (grey apple screen)... You need to give me very detailed info so I can try to help you

Try installing 'AppleACPIPlatform' from '10.5.5 kext' menu for your temperature issue. Also theres 'GenericCPUManagement' on 'Powermanagement' menu for CPU throttle (it suppose to support AMDs).

AFAIK your graphic card isnt working on OSX, so no QE/CI.

Yes i have tried the stage kernel and also the modbin or something like that and they both dont work only the voodoo is i think. But what i meant with the "-v". if i boot with no commands it goes to the apple grey loading screen and i get a stop sign and i have to reboot. But if i boot with the -v command i am able to boot up into leopard. thats the onlyway im able to get to the desktop is by doing -v

Also i know the 7150m isnt supported im fine without qe/ci right now hopefully there will be support one day.

Yes i have tried the stage kernel and also the modbin or something like that and they both dont work only the voodoo is i think. But what i meant with the "-v". if i boot with no commands it goes to the apple grey loading screen and i get a stop sign and i have to reboot. But if i boot with the -v command i am able to boot up into leopard. thats the onlyway im able to get to the desktop is by doing -v

Also i know the 7150m isnt supported im fine without qe/ci right now hopefully there will be support one day.

Thats strange, the only thing -v does is to show 'whats happening' while booting. Maybe is related to your graphic card.

Boot once without -v. Boot will fail. Then boot with -v and check the system.log; copy the log of these last two boots and upload them here as a zipped text file. I'll have a look