XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

My Kotoeri crashed on a completely fresh PPF1 install. Did you try typing something with hiragana mode enabled? Also, it might not lock up with something like "asdf," so make sure to type something with a consonant and a vowel, like "nihongo" or something. That way it will try to bring up Japanese characters and crash.

like that?

post-51637-1232878255_thumb.png

Still, doesnt crash here.

I'm doing a fresh install and will test the lng pkgs asap :D

All right, I tested differente languages and keyboard inputs, it's running smooth (except for Katakana, my system seems to hang a little bit when typing char, not sure it's related to the pkgs).

You've done a really good work BlackCH, will this be embed in the next PPF or will it be a separate package?

Hi & thanks for this awesome release! In fact, XxX 10.5.6 +PPF1 is the only one that's able to start the installation routine on my Laptop (Fujitsu Siemens S2110) - I tried Leo4all v4.1, iDeneb v1.1, iDeneb v1.3 and IPC 10.5.6. Installation also worked just fine (only got 1 partition in MBR style and didn't customize the install packages).

Here comes the bad news: I'm unable to boot from the disk after having succesfully installed from DVD. Also tried some combinations (MBR only as described above, MBR+checked chameleon, GUID only, GUID+checked chameleon) - neither one of them worked, so I need to boot my system from the DVD an passing the arguments "-v rd=disk0s1". When booting this way, OSX complains about "loaded version 1.6.0 of module com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily differs from requested version 1.6.1" (there are some other kext-failure-messages like this, but dmesg doesn't show me them - this one is the only I could remember and reproduce running "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext").

The question now is: How to get my system to start from HDD without the need of using the DVD first and are the kext-loading-errors caused by the way I start my system?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I'm doing a fresh install and will test the lng pkgs asap ;)

All right, I tested differente languages and keyboard inputs, it's running smooth (except for Katakana, my system seems to hang a little bit when typing char, not sure it's related to the pkgs).

You've done a really good work BlackCH, will this be embed in the next PPF or will it be a separate package?

Thanx for testing

I've not done much, just the installer. Those are newer language.pkgs from 10.5.5 MBP restore disc.

They will stay as a separate post-install package

Hi & thanks for this awesome release! In fact, XxX 10.5.6 +PPF1 is the only one that's able to start the installation routine on my Laptop (Fujitsu Siemens S2110) - I tried Leo4all v4.1, iDeneb v1.1, iDeneb v1.3 and IPC 10.5.6. Installation also worked just fine (only got 1 partition in MBR style and didn't customize the install packages).

Here comes the bad news: I'm unable to boot from the disk after having succesfully installed from DVD. Also tried some combinations (MBR only as described above, MBR+checked chameleon, GUID only, GUID+checked chameleon) - neither one of them worked, so I need to boot my system from the DVD an passing the arguments "-v rd=disk0s1". When booting this way, OSX complains about "loaded version 1.6.0 of module com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily differs from requested version 1.6.1" (there are some other kext-failure-messages like this, but dmesg doesn't show me them - this one is the only I could remember and reproduce running "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext").

.....you have installed in your internal HD, just one partition (so, no dual boot). Only default selected items (no extra chipset/ATA, network, etc drivers?). 'It doesnt boot' by means you get a black screen with a blinking cursor? or do you get a text message? please, be more specific

You should install (toghether with the default selection) drivers for your chipset (ATI SB400 I belive). There are 3 ATI ATA drivers; try one at the time.

About those kexts errors, its a bug I hadnt time to fix yet. For now just install the IONetworkingFamily and IO80211Familiy from the '10.5.5 kexts' menu. Those are not causing the boot problem

Attach your install log as a zipped text file.

Hi,

I stuck at "MacFramework successfully initilaized using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

First of all, I only successfully boot the 10.5.6 DVD with these options;

-v -legacy platform=ACPI cpus=1 (otherwise after Darwin boot and a bunch of commands (which i cannot see becuse it goes too fast ) computer restarts itself.

So, boot the DVD with these commands and installed successfully. I only choose AC97 from the audio section, Yukon Ethernet and all from the Tools section. The resr i left untouched.

Also my Bios settings are:

*Execute Disable bit: Enabled

*ACPI mode: Auto (i tried only S1 and S3 too)

*Sata Mode: AHCI

*Max CPUID Value Limit: Disable

*Virtualization: Disable

CPU TM Function: Enable

Intel Speed step: Tried Enable and Disable too.

I slow down my 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz to 1333Mhz. Also removed two memmory sticks and try to 4GB 1333mhz. too.

Tried to boot with -v -x, platform=ACPI and cpus=1 options and combination of these commands.

Still stuck at "MacFramework successfully initilaized using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

I use one of my 160GB HDD to install.

Can someone help me please.

Thanks in advance.

My Specs;

MB: Asus P5Q3

CPU: Intel Q9550

Ram: OCZ 8GB 1600Mhz

Display: Ati Radeon HD4870

SSD: OCZ Core2 120GB SSD

HDD: Samsung 160GB (for OSx)

Sasunng 1TB x 2 (for data storage)

ODD: Samsung S223Q Sata DVD-RW

Zalman HD 160XT Multimedia Case

"MacFramework successfully initilaized using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

A couple of things you can try. Just try one at the time:

-Add the 'DSDT patch' and 'Chameleon DSDT' to your install selection.

-Add 'AppleACPIPlatform.kext' from '10.5.5 kexts' menu

-Add 'Old APIC/ACPI kexts' from 'Others' menu

I have installed the 10.5.6 with PPF1. I can install the whole mac. Once installed, i have type "-v" and those stuff that was recommend but couldnt get it working. I always encounter auto-booting if i tried to boot mac osx

My specification

P4. 2.8GHZ

Motherboard:GA 8IPE1000G

Intel 865PE

Ram: 1024mb

Nvidia 5500FX.

Thanks

I have installed the 10.5.6 with PPF1. I can install the whole mac. Once installed, i have type "-v" and those stuff that was recommend but couldnt get it working. I always encounter auto-booting if i tried to boot mac osx

My specification

P4. 2.8GHZ

Motherboard:GA 8IPE1000G

Intel 865PE

Ram: 1024mb

Nvidia 5500FX.

Thanks

Bootloader:

-EFIv9

Optionnal System Kexts:

- dsmos, intelCPUPMDisabler

10.5.5 kexts:

-AppleACPIPlatform, IONetworkingFamily

Optional Kernel:

Voodoo 9.5.0 1.0

Chipset Support:

-ICHx Chipset Support

GraphicDrivers:

- try one of the nVidia (I don't know what)

Audio sand network:

-get your cards model and try to find it.

Others:

-ApplePS2Controller-Anv, Old APIC/ACPI Kexts (if you have PS2 controller)

Tools:

-kexthelper, efistudio, osx86tools

Try that

Hi BlackCH,

After the new language pack install, I discovered something not working as before did.

I had to put the 10.5.5 EnergySaver Preference Panel applet back, because no Energy Saver was showing, localized as usual.

As I wrote before, I did not re-apply the Finder fix after the new localized language.pkg install. Could it be that?

Now System Preferences are all tested showing ok even when localized, including sub-tabs and menues:

Appearance, Desktop & Screen Saver, Dock, Exposè & Spaces, International, Security, Spotlight, CDs & DVDs, Displays, Energy Saver, Keyboard & Mouse, Print & Fax, Sound, MobileMe, Network, QuickTime, Sharing, Accounts, Date & Time, Parental Controls, Software Update, Speech, Startup Disk, Time Machine, Universal Access.

Hope it helps

.....you have installed in your internal HD, just one partition (so, no dual boot). Only default selected items (no extra chipset/ATA, network, etc drivers?). 'It doesnt boot' by means you get a black screen with a blinking cursor? or do you get a text message? please, be more specific

Sorry, my fault!

I installed to an internal PATA IDE drive (only 1 partition for Mac OS X, no dual boot or something like that) using default options (i. e. didn't customize setup routine). When starting from this internal HDD, I see the boot menu (i. e. the same thing that shows up when booting from DVD and pressing F8). Just pressing enter in this boot menu leeds to a reboot - I also tried "-v", "-v -x", "-v -x -s" => the result is still the same: A reboot, but it gives me some lines of output before it reboots. Unfortunately it happens so fast that I'm not able to read any output it gaves me. Is there a switch like "-dont_reboot_and_be_verbose"? That would be helpful in this case.

You should install (toghether with the default selection) drivers for your chipset (ATI SB400 I belive). There are 3 ATI ATA drivers; try one at the time.

Did that and tried AppleATIATA, ATIx200_SB450PATA, ATI_SB4x0_ATA_AnV - each with a fresh and clean installation. Unfortunately, it didn't help :-( When booting from DVD it gives me this:

AppleATIATADriver: ATI IXP400 PATA (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4 IRQ 14, BM 0x1810)

AppleATIATADriver: ATI IXP400 PATA (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374 IRQ 15, BM 0x1818)

But which of the above kexts is working here?

About those kexts errors, its a bug I hadnt time to fix yet. For now just install the IONetworkingFamily and IO80211Familiy from the '10.5.5 kexts' menu. Those are not causing the boot problem

I thought the boot problem might cause the kext errors. Nevertheless I installed the 10.5.5 kexts as you mentioned - but now "kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext" returns "loaded version 1.6.0 of module com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily differs from requested version 1.6.0 (UUIDs differ)".

Attach your install log as a zipped text file.

Sorry, but USB doesn't seem to work either and due to above network problems I've got no possibilities to do that :-/

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Nvidia 5500FX.

You need to install the "10.5.5 NVkexts" + "NVInject 2.1" (all on the 'NVidia Support' menu). You will get some graphic corruption on the System Preference Pane. Theres no fix for this.

For disabling auto-boot you nee the install 'BootPrompt' package from 'Others menu' (also will enable verbose boot mode so you can see whats wrong).

I had to put the 10.5.5 EnergySaver Preference Panel applet back, because no Energy Saver was showing, localized as usual.

I'll look onto that

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Please post a full list of the items you are installing

Please post a full list of the items you are installing

- Essential System Software

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => AppleDecrypt

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => NullCPUPManagement

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => SMBIOSEFI Enabler

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => PS2Nub Enabler

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => PS2Controller

- System Kexts => 10.5.5 kexts => IONetworkingFamily

- System Kexts => 10.5.5 kexts => IO80211Family

And finally & only one by a time:

- Chipset Support => AppleATIATA

- Chipset Support => ATIx200_SB450PATA

- Chipset Support => ATI_SB4x0_ATA_AnV

like that?

post-51637-1232878255_thumb.png

Still, doesnt crash here.

Yup, that's exactly what would have made mine crash. That's strange. I guess maybe it's okay then. Do you have all 68.7MB in here?

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/Support/

If so, I'm not sure how I ended up with the broken version. I know it's not just me since I found the same problem and solution in that old Leo4All thread, but I don't know why I have it on XxX and you don't.

Well, I've fixed mine now anyway, and if yours doesn't have a problem I guess there's no bug to fix. Thanks a lot for the help though!

- Essential System Software

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => AppleDecrypt

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => NullCPUPManagement

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => SMBIOSEFI Enabler

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => PS2Nub Enabler

- System Kexts => Essential System Kexts => PS2Controller

- System Kexts => 10.5.5 kexts => IONetworkingFamily

- System Kexts => 10.5.5 kexts => IO80211Family

And finally & only one by a time:

- Chipset Support => AppleATIATA

- Chipset Support => ATIx200_SB450PATA

- Chipset Support => ATI_SB4x0_ATA_AnV

Ok. You miss the most important thing:

Voodoo kernel 1.0 (the only one supporting AMD)

Add the 'AppleATIATA' for your chipset (is the one loading the DVD)

Dont install the 10.5.5 kext I told you. Also always install 'BootPrompt' from 'Others' menu. It will avoid autoboot.

Let see if you get further with this.

Do I have to continue to use a modified BIOS for this release? I'm on an ASUS P5Q PRO.

I suppose so. Either that or a DSDT.aml patched

Guest cavallo

UPDATE 24/1/2009

Due reported problems related with installing extra language packages....

Which ones?

This and leo 4 (all ones) are the best for my Amd desktop (see down).

This seems a retail packed one.

What it means?

Simply, it seems a 132 disk bundled.

Normally you start 132 you wait and then you insert retail dvd, so here everything seems to be packed in it.

Good job.

no ppf needed just langs pkg and dvd from my preinstalled leo4.1.

Thanks

So does this release have mcp67 support on installer on every distro(Kalyway,ideneb,leo4all,iPc) i havent had success ive used the 10.4.11 on my old laptop and it worked fine but now i have a new one with specs..

Hp dv9000

4gb ram

250gb hd

mcp67 chipset

7150m graphics card

Would like to know if it will work before i waste another dvd Thanks!

So does this release have mcp67 support on installer on every distro(Kalyway,ideneb,leo4all,iPc) i havent had success ive used the 10.4.11 on my old laptop and it worked fine but now i have a new one with specs..

Hp dv9000

4gb ram

250gb hd

mcp67 chipset

7150m graphics card

Would like to know if it will work before i waste another dvd Thanks!

...anyone?

...anyone?

If your SATA dev ID is 056010de or 055010de it wont work (those are currently not supported) but I can make a custom mkext file for you assuming you know how to replace this file on the ISO (dont ask me how, search in the forum; I explain that sometime ago in this very topic). However theres no warranty it will work but if you wanna try just let me know.

About the rest of the HW, I dont know if you will get QE/CI on you 7150m....

If your SATA dev ID is 056010de or 055010de it wont work (those are currently not supported) but I can make a custom mkext file for you assuming you know how to replace this file on the ISO (dont ask me how, search in the forum; I explain that sometime ago in this very topic). However theres no warranty it will work but if you wanna try just let me know.

About the rest of the HW, I dont know if you will get QE/CI on you 7150m....

I just got the dvd burned and its official there is no mcp67 support i would love a custom mkext i went into the dvd with transmac to see if i could find the mkext and i got way confused im a noob and a bout the qe/ci i know the problem with the 7150m card i wont have QE but i dont care at the moment

..How can i find out my dev id

Hi BlackCH, I am on a fresh ppf1 install now. I'm testing around and it seems to be the same as previously reported. I can wait to fix the Energy Preference applet panel, if you like some other test before I put the 10.5.5 applet back.

I'll edit this post later, I got to go back to the previous posts to find if tools I could not have installed were already reported.

Later, bye :wacko:

EDIT :

Thanks for answering, I'll extract the 10.5.6 Energy PrefPane to fix it

A list of the packages I selected:

Essential System Software

ChameleonSMBIOS

DSDT Patcher

Essential System Kexts

AppleHPETDisabler

Voodoo 9.5.0 1.0 (Intel/AMD)

VIA-SB

PCGeneric Realteck8139 Ethernet

IOUSBFamily 328 Plugins

KeyboardPrefPane_10.5.5 <----- so, was this not necessary ?

LocalTimeToggle

EFIStudio

IORegistryExplorer

PackageMaker

DPCIManager

mkextMaker <------ can't see it installed

DSDTPatcherGUI

MKextTool

PlistEditPro

PCITools 3.0.0 <------ can't see it installed

HimmelBar

..How can i find out my dev id

with Everest if you are on windows; with DPCIManager if you are on OSX

The Extensions.mkext file is on /System/Library/

Transmac is a good way to do it. Check out your SATA dev ID and let me know.

Hi BlackCH, I am on a fresh ppf1 install now. I'm testing around and it seems to be the same as previously reported. I can wait to fix the Energy Preference applet panel, if you like some other test before I put the 10.5.5 applet back.

I'll edit this post later, I got to go back to the previous posts to find if tools I could not have installed were already reported.

Later, bye ;)

Yes, it happens the same here. Im sure it doesnt have to be the 10.5.5 applet; the 10.5.6 can be reinstalled too and it will fix it (like with the previous Finder bug). Anyway, I'll wait to see if theres more bugs before releasing a fix...

with Everest if you are on windows; with DPCIManager if you are on OSX

The Extensions.mkext file is on /System/Library/

Transmac is a good way to do it. Check out your SATA dev ID and let me know.

Yes, it happens the same here. I'll wait for releasing a fix to see if theres more bugs...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=887446

Do you think this mkext will work i have seen it in previous posts i just went into transmac and i did see the extentions.mkext would you recommend that custom one.

Also just got the software and Device ID 10DE-0550 was what i found so i guess your right my dev id isnt supported in it.

KeyboardPrefPane_10.5.5 <----- so, was this not necessary ?

mkextMaker <------ can't see it installed

PCITools 3.0.0 <------ can't see it installed

KeyboardPrefPane_10.5.5 is for laptops. 10.5.6 trackpad pane will only load with original mac trackpad.

PCITools are command line utilities.

theres a bug on the mkextmaker installer

Thanx for the feedback :unsure:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=887446

Do you think this mkext will work i have seen it in previous posts i just went into transmac and i did see the extentions.mkext would you recommend that custom one.

Also just got the software and Device ID 10DE-0550 was what i found so i guess your right my dev id isnt supported in it.

I dont know if that mkext will work on this ISO. Only way to know is trying (maybe is better you get a dvd-rw disc so you dont waste on try-outs since you might have to burn a couple of discs until you get it to work). Anyway I just made this mkext for you. Let me know how it goes. Once (if) you get the disc to boot I will send you a driver package for the installation process (theres no mcp67 driverson the installer).

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0fe87f1...04e75f6e8ebb871