XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

hey HubertB thanks for your reply!

You think that this is the wrong ID?

...hmmm linux is a option. but I have to install it first to do so :(

...so a "windows-way" would be easier :)

or can you tell me where I have to search in Everest or Sandra?

there are SO MUCH information...

If you got it from windows device manager I would say is the correct one.

Before that device was on the AppleVIAATA.kext. In the new ISO is on the AppleNforceATA.kext . As you imagine I cannot be sure it will work (also Im not sure if that change would break the support for other hardware) 'cos I dont have the specific HW to test.

...Is pretty much as I said before; any setup not close enough to a mac (Intel CPUs, Intel chipsets or new NVidia chipset-like late 2008 MBP, native OSX supported GFx cards), is open to have problems.

If possible, please can you post the MD5 hash of your original 10.5.6 retail disk (build 9G66) when converted to a DMG image file?

Is it 6.70 GB (7,200,571,772 bytes) with a hash of 55834d62aac80eec1372d0c190150ce3 ?

I know its a bit off-topic, but I thought it might be useful for any other users booting from retail 'backups' to ensure they have uncorrupted disk images.

I tried the old ISO that was based on 10.5.4 and the installer didn´t recognized my second disk, which need the Silicon image 3132 driver.

if i try this release it will or i don´t even bother downloading?

no, it wont work

hi

the new iso doesnt seem to install bootloader no matter the checkbox-chameleon is checked, my system just boots normally into windows after install :)

i installed it successfully when rebooted it said

boot 0: MBR

boot 0: done

boot 1: error

can't boot without DVD now.... can u plzz help me

Please attach your Installer.log file (var/log/) zipped

how to attach that????

Dont want to sound nasty but if you dont even know how to do that, I dont think this is something 4 you... (yet)

Anyway I just runned a few tests and everything seems to be fine with the bootloader.

Installed on a fresh formatted USB HD:

GUID single partition, GUID 2 partitions, MBR single partition, MRB 2 partitions.

In all the cases the disc was bootable.

I will try to do a few more tests if I have time on the weekend.

Hello BlackCH,

really nice installation disc, thank you for that. But the Intel GMAX3500 Patch is not working. I tried it with the 10.5.6 ppf1 version and the new final.

I would be really happy when you look into it ;)

Bye

inx1tmp

Hello BlackCH,

really nice installation disc, thank you for that. But the Intel GMAX3500 Patch is not working. I tried it with the 10.5.6 ppf1 version and the new final.

I would be really happy when you look into it ;)

Bye

inx1tmp

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=135360&hl=

See if those works (see first post). Install with kexthelper. Also go through the topic to see if theres something else to it. Please let me know if you get it working

I know this thread and it works partially with a 10.5.4 installation, but when I try it on the 10.5.6 installtion i get no QE, so i thought maybe i am doing something wrong ;).

By the way, do you know mainboards with intel g35 chips (asus p5e-vm hdmi) and can tell me which patches are a good choice ;). For exampel should I choose the new or the old ICH files, I have an ICH 9. And which SMBios i should choose :)

Edit: I have seen that you use a p5k-vm Mainboard, did you got the onboard graphic to work?

I know this thread and it works partially with a 10.5.4 installation, but when I try it on the 10.5.6 installtion i get no QE, so i thought maybe i am doing something wrong ;).

By the way, do you know mainboards with intel g35 chips (asus p5e-vm hdmi) and can tell me which patches are a good choice ;). For exampel should I choose the new or the old ICH files, I have an ICH 9. And which SMBios i should choose :)

mmm... well, then I guess you need to get a Pci-e card if you want QE/CI.... Those are the only drivers for x3500 I know. Get a cheap NVidia card (even 7300 would do)

I guess that board is very similar to mine (P5K-VM)

For mine I would choose:

all essential kexts (that includes the SMBIOS injector)

HPETDisabler

AnV kernel or Voodoo kernel (you also can run Vanilla kernel, in that case select none)

ICHx driver (Any of them but only one)

AppleAHCIPort extended

Jmicron

NVkush (for my NV7600GT)

ALC883_spdif

Yukon 88E8056

GenericCPUPowerManag 1.1.3

OpenHaltRestart

AHCI Fix

Bootprompt

SysProfilerFix

LocalTimeToogle (If you dual boot with windows)

all Tools

Hi BlackCH,

thanks for the time you put into this new release :)

I'm afraid this time I had no luck :D

I tried first a clean install, but entered a loop in the last minutes of the progress bar and then it freezed. The DVD was spinning and spinning. This happened before w/ other distros also to other people who reported that, too. I used to reboot manually and the install was done correctly, but here I have still waiting 4 boot...

I decided to restart from scratch because I noticed it was very slow to install (3 hours, I usually get it done in 1). I first selected : Essential System Software, X11, ChameleonSMBIOS, DSDT Patcher, Essential System Kexts, AppleHPETDisabler, AnV 10.5.6 kernel (AMD/Intel), VIA-SB, AC97_Sis7012, PCGeneric Realteck8139 Ethernet, IOUSBFamily 328 Plugins, KeyboardPrefPane_10.5.5, LocalTimeToggle, EFIStudio, IORegistryExplorer, PackageMaker, DPCIManager, mkextMaker, DSDTPatcherGUI, MKextTool, PlistEditPro, PCITools 3.0.0, HimmelBar.

On second try I wiped the partition again (overwritten 1 time) and installed a minimal selection that worked w/ your past distros : Voodoo 9.5.0 1.0 (Intel/AMD) just in case this was the issue, no X11 and Tools to be quicker. It was so slow anyway that the progress bar did not flow, same 3 hours as before :(

Tomorrow morning I'll try again. The only different setting was the disabled floppy disk in bios.

MD5 is matching and DVD was burnt at 2,4x

Cheers and thanks anyway :)

Hi BlackCH,

thanks for the time you put into this new release :)

I'm afraid this time I had no luck :D

I tried first a clean install, but entered a loop in the last minutes of the progress bar and then it freezed. The DVD was spinning and spinning. This happened before w/ other distros also to other people who reported that, too. I used to reboot manually and the install was done correctly, but here I have still waiting 4 boot...

I decided to restart from scratch because I noticed it was very slow to install (3 hours, I usually get it done in 1). It was so slow anyway that the progress bar did not flow, same 3 hours as before :(

Tomorrow morning I'll try again. The only different setting was the disabled floppy disk in bios.

MD5 is matching and DVD was burnt at 2,4x

Cheers and thanks anyway :)

If you can; replace the extensions.mkext file (System/Library) from the new iso with the one from the old distro (the one that works for you); reburn.

Help

During installation, it cannot detect my SATA drive, what can i do to make it recognize my SATA drive?

my spec:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+

ATI SB600 Chipest

3 GB RAM

40 GB IDE [windows xp]

500 GB SATA

-210 GB [MAC]

-110 GB [Vista]

-80 GB [shared]

Geforce 8400 SE 512MB

Realtek HD Audio

Realtek RTL8101E Lan

Hi there,

I have the same problem and I do not really understand what it is.

Please help.

My hardware specs:

ASUS P5B, Chipset Intel® P965 / ICH8; JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller; CPU Intel E6550 2.3GHz; 4GB RAM; 2* HDD SATA Seagate (400GB & 250GB); 1*SATA DVD Asus; Video GF 8800GT 512MB

This configuration works fine on 10.5.5.

Thank you.

Cheers

Dragos

post-307544-1234031322_thumb.jpg

errm.. Ati SB600 I say, most face this problem with the same setup, even in AHCI mode.

Perhaps some Device IDs are missing ? :unsure: .

Hi there,

I have the same problem and I do not really understand what it is.

Please help.

My hardware specs:

ASUS P5B, Chipset Intel® P965 / ICH8; JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller; CPU Intel E6550 2.3GHz; 4GB RAM; 2* HDD SATA Seagate (400GB & 250GB); 1*SATA DVD Asus; Video GF 8800GT 512MB

This configuration works fine on 10.5.5.

I assume you get this booting the DVD (you are not clear about that).

Try booting with the following flags:

-mach_kernel_2

-platform=acpi