ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

I am using the F13 revision from Gigabyte; BIOS

You are welcome to take a look at it. My signature is my hardware. I was able to get graphics with Megalodon and choosing the PEPG button as well (choosing GFX DSDT only didnt work). TM was never fixed and futhermore, after I removed the dsdt.aml file and used natit for graphics and a hacked IONetworkingFamily for ethernet, TM still wouldnt work. Something in the dsdt.aml file screwed up the system because that hacked ehternet fix always worked before, and going back to it didnt. Restart only worked after using openhaltrestart, and NOT selecting the HPET and RTC patches in the patcher. Sleep still wouldnt work.

Needless to say it was a day wasted and I have gone back to using natit, and hacked kexts since this patcher couldnt take their place. Many thanks though to Stella for spending some damn long time troubleshooting with me, and apologies for that stuff not working.

First, the 0.2 version is not intended to fix shutdown/sleep/restart.

For network fix, you don't need TM fix on your mainboard. 965P-DS3 need a hacked IONetworking kext since the device ID isn't supported. TM Fix is for already supported network cards. I will try to force device-id but I don't know if it will work.

So nothing else to say ..... This is not really a bug ...

Thank You Onesman7 for the keyword "enabling the xBit" or disable bit on BIOS

After replacing my motherboard today...

thanks to ECS indonesia for 5 years support warranty.

the best mobo support i think in indonesia.

Before using ACPI Patcher that create hacked BIOS, i use the DSPT patcher 1.1e

for creating dsdt.aml. this dsdt.aml works with enabling the xBit on BIOS.

There's no need to flashing the hacked BIOS,

Thank you for insanelymac.com.

My DSDT.aml ECS G31T-M7 Mac OSX86 10.5.6 Leopard

http://www.4shared.com/file/85191029/e53dbaf0/dsdt.html

No Sacrifice..(Falsely flashing BIOS)

No Glory....(Dual Core detected!)

I've added your Bios per requested, though, not sure you need it now.

However, don't rule out Bios patching all together, as in my case I need it to even boot 10.5.6

First, the 0.2 version is not intended to fix shutdown/sleep/restart.

For network fix, you don't need TM fix on your mainboard. 965P-DS3 need a hacked IONetworking kext since the device ID isn't supported. TM Fix is for already supported network cards. I will try to force device-id but I don't know if it will work.

So nothing else to say ..... This is not really a bug ...

Thanks Koalala for the TM info. I was starting to think it wasn't working due to my board. About the shutdown/restart stuff. I actually never assumed/ intended to use dsdt.aml (from your patcher) to fix that. I always fixed it with Openhaltrestart.kext. What I was trying to get across (and I apologize if I didnt make sense) was that somehow the dsdt.aml broke my shutdown/restart/sleep capabilities. Stellarolla says it shouldn't but I can confirm from literally a whole day's worth of testing-on just your patcher- that somehow it breaks my shutdown/ etc. stuff. I am not saying it is your patcher, but it could be your patcher. All I am saying is that using dsdt.aml broke it, and furthermore it stayed broken after I removed the dsdt file.

All of this testing was done on a completely fresh install (on my backup drive) of Leopard 10.5.6 updated from retail 10.5.4. So, nothing could have been in the way of my testing. If you think you would like to look into the shutdown stuff, I would gladly test on a new fresh install, because I have about 4 empty drives laying around.

Can you link a copy of you IOREG?

OMN,

I am attaching the IOREG file as you asked: Jeffs_Mac_Pro.zip

As Koalala has just said, the TM patcher is basically useless for my board so that can be ignored. The sound patches I don't bother with because you still have to patch AppleHDA and Skippyretard's old installer is a beauty on my board. The graphics I chose the ATI 3800 series (of course), Megalodon, use GFXDSDT (of course), 512 MB, PCI-0, and the PEPG option.

If you would like to look at why the shutdown stuff breaks when using dsdt go ahead. If it is too much trouble or not feasible thats ok. The only kexts I have to hack are IONetworking and AppleHDA-the rest being Legacy/ disabler/ openhaltrestart/ etc- so I am not too worried if dsdt.aml doesn't work for me.

You might do a -v -f after deleting the dsdt.aml

Also, are you using any Disabler.kext? or are you using the AppleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext?

Are you have Problems with Booting both cores? CPU=1? Just wondering if you was just using the Patcher for Adding ID devices is all.

After have some firends test the same bios with out the HPET & RTC fixes, it solved there restart and Sleep issue, By just editing the Bios to remove the Alias to the CPU.

You might do a -v -f after deleting the dsdt.aml

Also, are you using any Disabler.kext? or are you using the AppleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext?

Are you have Problems with Booting both cores? CPU=1? Just wondering if you was just using the Patcher for Adding ID devices is all.

After have some firends test the same bios with out the HPET & RTC fixes, it solved there restart and Sleep issue, By just editing the Bios to remove the Alias to the CPU.

I think I tried -f after I removed it but I could be wrong. And yes I am using disabler, and I am curious if it is supposed to be removed when using dsdt. I thought it was but a "trusted" source said to keep the disabler when using dsdt. I haven't ever had any problems booting with all four cores so far. And I did check the aliases fix in the patcher window. As far as BIOS editing, I dont really want to use any patched BIOS until I know the fix works 100% (which I can do with this patcher). A couple of days from now I might be able to test this stuff again on a backup.

All in all I assumed the patcher did more than just the HPET, RTC, Aliases, and device IDs so that is why I was messing with it. By it stating that it patched ACPI and DSDT, I figured that was a good thing. I didnt need an RTC or HPET patch because those kexts opperated fine in their vanilla state in 10.5.6 (with vanilla kernel). If I am not choosing HPET, and RTC (and possibly Aliases), is this patcher even necessary to use? I can't use Tm fix, and Audio I like the fix I found. Graphics would be the only thing it's good for, and for that--->natit.

I hate to sound noobish, if I do, but the documentation on this has been lacking, so again, if this is good to patch ACPI and DSDT and that is essentially necessary/ a good thing, then I will attempt to use it. If those aren't really important in the long run, then I am ok without using it.

Thanks for your help and input though. :)

<br />I've added your Bios per requested, though, not sure you need it now.<br />However, don't rule out Bios patching all together, as in my case I need it to even boot 10.5.6<br />
thank you for the respond. Is there any dsdt.aml produced by this patched bios. I have already use the acpi patcher running at vista.however since the network card attansic l2, the sound card via vt1708b, and the gma 3100 not supported and not listed.

The dsdt.aml created by acpi patcher succesfully boot fast but PS/2 got freeze....

This dsdt.aml injected using linux.

The boot was quite fast. The pm disabler not installed. The PS/2 fix installed...

I think i am gonna try it without PS/2 fix

The dsdt.aml from dsdt patcher was boot succesful,but quite slow when meet io network id. There is message that applecpuintel kext only one style.if remove appleintelcpu installed,booting quite fast.

I will try convert the bios to dsdt.aml

Is pmdisabler must be installed?

Is there any way I could add my own EFI GFX string to my DSDT patch? I have a Radeon 3870X2 which uses a slightly different configuration than the regular 3870 due to the PCIe switch onboard the card. Otherwise, is this something that you can add to your application? Also, I'm a little confused with the PCI locations and where to find them. I'll try checking through the topic again in case I missed something, but if it's something easy, I'd appreciate it. Basically, I looked in IORegistryExplorer and found that my ethernet and display are located on the PCI0@0 root, but the ethernet is at PCE9@9 and the display is at PCE2@2. Under the PCE2@2, there are three pci-bridges, one is at pci-bridge@0, another is at pci-bridge@C, and the last is just pci-bridge (used for HDMI audio). Only the pci-bridge@C is actually connected to the DVI outputs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know how to work ATI cards on Mac, maybe roisoft can help you. Try choosing PCE2 as hardware location.

Announcement

Some changements : since I didn't have my computer for 3 weeks, I couldn't work on my application. Now, since BIOS patching it's difficult to improve, 0.2 will be released with only minor bug fixes compared to Beta 4.

But in the same time, I'm porting my application to Cocoa :

This OSX version will only be a DSDT.aml patcher not a BIOS one.

acpipatcherah9.png

If you want some functions, you can ask now since I'm rewriting the program in Objective C.

The source code will be shared when releasing.

The actual application project for Windows will be aborted. I will release a BIOS DSDT/SSDT modding tool only (no more patching funtions). So, in a first time you will have to patch with OSX version of the patcher or 0.2 Final (will be the last version for Windows). I might compile the patcher for Windows later if really needed.

I'm glad you're switching to making it for Mac instead of Windows. I don't particularly need the BIOS patching and such. I'm also glad that you're incorporating the IOReg function to get the locations as this is probably what I need to be able to add my 3870x2. Is your application going to use some default plists like EFIStudio for getting the GFX strings? If so, this will make it much easier for people to modify their strings to their specific cards (ex. being that the common gfx string for the 3870x2 is 3800 x2 and I would like to be able to change this).

Good luck with the app!!

Hi there peeps, im very interested by this thread cause i try for long time ago to work a graphique card on a hackintosh friend's but without succes :/

i try on a NVgeforce7950GT+ASUS P5W DH ,im intersted by your "patcher" but i have no ID how this work?BUT i can see that 7950 gt in the list it's a good sign?I ask what i need to do? I need another motherboard bios?another gc bios?i dunno!

Can some one can help the little Frenchie please?

Any tip or info are welcome

Thanks in advance for answers

I don't know how to work ATI cards on Mac, maybe roisoft can help you. Try choosing PCE2 as hardware location.

Announcement

Some changements : since I didn't have my computer for 3 weeks, I couldn't work on my application. Now, since BIOS patching it's difficult to improve, 0.2 will be released with only minor bug fixes compared to Beta 4.

But in the same time, I'm porting my application to Cocoa :

This OSX version will only be a DSDT.aml patcher not a BIOS one.

acpipatcherah9.png

If you want some functions, you can ask now since I'm rewriting the program in Objective C.

The source code will be shared when releasing.

The actual application project for Windows will be aborted. I will release a BIOS DSDT/SSDT modding tool only (no more patching funtions). So, in a first time you will have to patch with OSX version of the patcher or 0.2 Final (will be the last version for Windows). I might compile the patcher for Windows later if really needed.

WOW...

Will this be able to create a DSDT.aml file then patch it. Also, does this apply all the fixes that fassl's DSDT patcher does? Or will I have to create a DSDT.aml file using fassl's patcher and then add additional modifications using this app. If not could you please add this feature - it shouldn't be hard because all code for fassl's patcher is already available.

Thank you very much. I was really looking forward to an app like this.

Hello.

I have Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R MB and I have installed Leopard 10.5.6 with Munk'y method. Using the ACPI DSDT patcher, I can boot into OSX with no problem. System profiler reports every hardware as it should, including ACL888 on board sound. All in line and out lines have been detected. But when I go to Agreggate Sound profiler, after I add agrregate device, I don't see Configure Speakers button being enabled. Configure Device button is enabled, but I cannot do anything with it.

I did the patch using all choices; 888, 888-2, and 889a, but all the same. Can someone please point out what may be the issue? I am so close to getting there..

Thanks!

Hey there i still try to work with this patcher but i understand nothing to it !

I try to patch a bios for a Asus P5W DH too but for a geforce 7950GT 256 or 512 video card i dunno(cause windows SHOW 256 MB AND EVEREST 512 :/)

so can some one explain me how to patch with this tool please, what i need? another virgine and new bios? wich file i need to patch pff please help ;)

Thanks in advance!

Non, ne fait pas ça, ta carte à un BIOS AMI donc de toutes façons ce n'est pas possible. Tu risquerais de briquer ta carte. Je te conseille de générer un fichier DSDT.aml simplement. Je vais te le générer et je te l'enverrais dès que possible.

Ah ,ok merci bien,entre parenthese je suis étonné que personne n'ai réclamé de tuto ,c'est vraiment dark pour moi ...

Pourras tu me dire ou exactement je dois mettre ce fichier. aml stp?.et aussi sous os mac que devrais je mettre comme driver ? rien? ou un 512 ou 256 quelquonque? Je formaterais de toute facon mon os mac avant d'essayer sachant que j'aie essayé tant de pkg ,de string etc..merci merci

Je te remercie de ton taff passé,present et ou futur :)

Ah ,ok merci bien,entre parenthese je suis étonné que personne n'ai réclamé de tuto ,c'est vraiment dark pour moi ...

Si justement, tout le monde en a demandé un...

Pourras tu me dire ou exactement je dois mettre ce fichier. aml stp?.et aussi sous os mac que devrais je mettre comme driver ? rien? ou un 512 ou 256 quelquonque? Je formaterais de toute facon mon os mac avant d'essayer sachant que j'aie essayé tant de pkg ,de string etc..merci merci

Je te remercie de ton taff passé,present et ou futur ;)

Il faut le placer à la racine : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132757

Le DSDT.aml remplace les injecteurs donc ni string ni injecteur ... rien.

Mais je te conseille vivement de faire un flash BIOS (en modifiant les 4 octets) si tu ne l'a pas encore fais.

The file must be put at the root of your partition : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132757

Injectors aren't required with DSDT.aml so use nothing.

But I suggest you to flash your 7950GT 512Mo BIOS with original BIOS 4 Bytes modded since it seems to be needed for this graphics card.

WOW...

Will this be able to create a DSDT.aml file then patch it. Also, does this apply all the fixes that fassl's DSDT patcher does? Or will I have to create a DSDT.aml file using fassl's patcher and then add additional modifications using this app. If not could you please add this feature - it shouldn't be hard because all code for fassl's patcher is already available.

Thank you very much. I was really looking forward to an app like this.

It will create dsdt.aml (fassl patcher just call iasl -g like mine).

I did and the only differnence is in my system profiler, the SATA ports are reconized "JMicron" instead of unknow ( should normally be ICH9R !)

but it doesn't change the boot delay, unfortunately !

regards

fred

Hi Koalala /All

I have just reinstalled OSX to a new WD Raptor drive and I'm now suffering the same problem as fredouille, where by the SATA driver is listed as Unknown and HDD's shown as external drives (previous install SAST driver was ICH9R.) without Legacy blockstorage kext (c/o netkas) installed to EFI/Extensions/ and as JMicron with Legacy Blockstorage kext.

-fredouille have you resolved this?

Initially I had used DSDT.aml generated using .2 Beta4 and found I didn't require **edit** modifiied **edit** block storage kexts. I had only in EFI/Extensions; OpenHaltRestart, dsmos, LegacyJMicronATA.

I then took the plunge and loaded patched BIOS generated using .2 Beta4. All was working to plan.

When I came to reinstall to new drive I found I had problems booting with Boot 132 iso. Even a new Boot132 generated with apropriate extensions was resulting in a corrupt install.

I reverted BIOS back to F5 unpatched on my EP35 DS4. Cleared CMOS and reconfigured.

I now have a clean install (DSDT.aml loading from EFI partition.) bar the fact that SATA drivers are listed as JMicron not ICH9R and I have 3 Legacy blockstorage kexts installed to EFI/Extensions that i previously didn't need.

I have also tried patched F5 bios again, removing DSDT.aml from EFI/ - this makes no differance.

Can you think anything I've missed that would cause this problem?

Any suggestions appreciated.

D

Edit:- I have tried removing Raptor drive and install to my origional HDD and still have the same issue, so I can eliminate an issue with the new HDD.

je cherche des informations sur la section buffer pour une seconde configuration identique avec ATI Powercolor X1950PRO

-

I seek information on the "buffer" section for a second identical configuration with ATI Powercolor ATI X1950PRO

Merci

Thank's