ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

Hi, I would be happy for a general BIOS fix and a DSDT.aml for my NV 7600 GS 256 mb. Thanx so lot for your support!!

Coolio

P5W_DH_Deluxe_2801_mod_1.ROM.zip

Done.

Hello ! Please can you help me also with a general purpose fix for my Asus P5KPL-AM and a DSDT for NV 8400 GS 256 mb. Thank you very much !

P5KPL_AM_ASUS_0409.ROM.zip

Done.

The DSDT you need will be under the Bios you select. be sure you Got the Correct DSDT.aml file

P5W_DH_Deluxe_2801.ROM.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

P5KPL_AM_ASUS_0409.zip

dsdt.zip

Are you needing a Fix for the 8800?

can you list what your needing so I can customize it for your needs, or you just wanting a general purpose fix?

are you wanting a bios fix or the .aml fix? or both?

I've attached your bios with a general fix & DSDT.aml with the 8800 added to it.

me story., recognized as the graphic generica not let me change the resolution, the audio will not and can not use achi sata I use ide. in bios

sorry automatic translation.

Are you needing a Fix for the 8800?

can you list what your needing so I can customize it for your needs, or you just wanting a general purpose fix?

are you wanting a bios fix or the .aml fix? or both?

I've attached your bios with a general fix & DSDT.aml with the 8800 added to it.

I tell them., I recognize the graphic as a generic and I can not change the resolution, the audion will not, and I have to remove the bios and put achi ide

me story., recognized as the graphic generica not let me change the resolution, the audio will not and can not use achi sata I use ide. in bios

sorry automatic translation.

I tell them., I recognize the graphic as a generic and I can not change the resolution, the audion will not, and I have to remove the bios and put achi ide

The Bios it self is a Factory General Fix, no Audio, no Video was Fixed. Anytime you flash, you have to reset your bios up, as it is restored to Factory Defaults.

With the dsdt.aml, results will very, but generic is better than nothing right?

You might google for NVkush, I think that's the name, or use EFISTUDIO

The Bios it self is a Factory General Fix, no Audio, no Video was Fixed. Anytime you flash, you have to reset your bios up, as it is restored to Factory Defaults.

With the dsdt.aml, results will very, but generic is better than nothing right?

You might google for NVkush, I think that's the name, or use EFISTUDIO

yes,generic is better than nothing.

Thankyou! for you time. :D

The GFX fix, it's certainly that the hardware location selected for generating dsdt.aml is wrong.

For sound, it's 'normal' since there is many revision of audio chipset.

0.2 Final should be out in 1 week. But still no report for AMI BIOS Patching....

If somebody could send me DSDT/BIOS/Model Name of some computer with working Shutdown and reboot it would be great.

Thanks.

Hi Koalal

I have a DSDT (fixed) txt file I need you to look at. I have patched the Device (PWRB) to make power button work. It just works partially i.e. it puts the computer to sleep when that option is chosen in system preferences in energy saver. In other situation it does not bring up the shutdown menu that it should. (Which is displayed by ctrl+F12)

(patch)

Device (PWRB)

{

Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x0B)

}

}

Also I have 2 warnings which I am unable to fix.

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4177: Return (One)

Warning 1099 - Statement is unreachable ^

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4310: If (LEqual (Arg2, 0x03))

Warning 1099 - Statement is unreachable ^

The txt file is attached.

Please help.

Thanks.

dsdt_fixed.txt

The GFX fix, it's certainly that the hardware location selected for generating dsdt.aml is wrong.

For sound, it's 'normal' since there is many revision of audio chipset.

0.2 Final should be out in 1 week. But still no report for AMI BIOS Patching....

If somebody could send me DSDT/BIOS/Model Name of some computer with working Shutdown and reboot it would be great.

Thanks.

I've had several poeple tell me this is working under 10.5.6 with sleep/shutdown/reboot. It's on of the First few I did for 10.5.5, so it still factory, other than the Alias being removed from the CPU's.

It's an HP bios, but the board is made by Asus. Bios attached.

Hope it Helps.

HP_Pavilion_5.17_IPIBL_LB.zip

Ok...first i don't know where to start to study this.

My G31 with E2200 dual core only runs at single core cpus=1 .with ACPI on, and single core detected without cpus=1 with acpi off. other setting will be jammed.

Can this ACPI patcher create the solutions...or a hacked bios is only the way?

is it the same function with DSDT patcher?

My G31 with E2200 dual core only runs at single core cpus=1 .with ACPI on, and single core detected without cpus=1 with acpi off. other setting will be jammed.

Have you tried using the app yet?

-Stell

I have MSI G31 M-F and I am running all cores of my Core 2 Quad Q6600. I use modified DSDT (removed Alias) and Execute Disable Bit Enabled.

[quote name='OneSman7' date='IIIIIuse modified DSDT (removed Alias) and Execute Disable Bit Enabled.

hi i think i am clumsy.

i patched bios without real all instructions. i am gonna go to .obo dealer for flashing,since it didnt boot.

please i need how to use it step by step.

dsdt.aml prefered than patched all by myself

Koalala,

I read through this entire thread to get the jist of this DSDT stuff because I initially had no idea. I ended up patching the F13 version of the BIOS for my Gigabyte P965-DS3 (rev. 3.3) mobo, and am happy to report that the main fixes work, as well does the GFX fix for my ATI 3870. I can't, however, get the ethernet working or the audio. I am not too worried about the audio because I can use Skippyretard's old installer that works perfectly. The LAN confuses me though because I have tried every combination to try to get it t work.

I have tried PEX4, and PCI0 as locations and neither LAN0 nor GIGE fixes work with those locations. I even tried those combinations with TM Fix checked on and off, as well as the GP9 fix on and off; all in the most combinations you could make from them. You mentioned in this thread that you have one of these boards. Did you get LAN working on that one and how?

Jeff

Thank You Onesman7 for the keyword "enabling the xBit" or disable bit on BIOS

After replacing my motherboard today...

thanks to ECS indonesia for 5 years support warranty.

the best mobo support i think in indonesia.

Before using ACPI Patcher that create hacked BIOS, i use the DSPT patcher 1.1e

for creating dsdt.aml. this dsdt.aml works with enabling the xBit on BIOS.

There's no need to flashing the hacked BIOS,

Thank you for insanelymac.com.

My DSDT.aml ECS G31T-M7 Mac OSX86 10.5.6 Leopard

http://www.4shared.com/file/85191029/e53dbaf0/dsdt.html

No Sacrifice..(Falsely flashing BIOS)

No Glory....(Dual Core detected!)

Thank You Onesman7 for the keyword "enabling the xBit" or disable bit on BIOS

After replacing my motherboard today...

thanks to ECS indonesia for 5 years support warranty.

the best mobo support i think in indonesia.

Before using ACPI Patcher that create hacked BIOS, i use the DSPT patcher 1.1e

for creating dsdt.aml. this dsdt.aml works with enabling the xBit on BIOS.

There's no need to flashing the hacked BIOS,

Thank you for insanelymac.com.

My DSDT.aml ECS G31T-M7 Mac OSX86 10.5.6 Leopard

http://www.4shared.com/file/85191029/e53dbaf0/dsdt.html

No Sacrifice..(Falsely flashing BIOS)

No Glory....(Dual Core detected!)

You're welcome, but don't underestimate ACPI patcher. BIOS flash is for those who need it, but it supports DSDT.aml patch and with it's help I was able to inject my video throught DSDT and stop using EFI strings or injectors. Also I got TimeMachine working. I am not a fan of BIOS patching but I am looking forward to see this patcher develop even more :D

Koalala,

I read through this entire thread to get the jist of this DSDT stuff because I initially had no idea. I ended up patching the F13 version of the BIOS for my Gigabyte P965-DS3 (rev. 3.3) mobo, and am happy to report that the main fixes work, as well does the GFX fix for my ATI 3870. I can't, however, get the ethernet working or the audio. I am not too worried about the audio because I can use Skippyretard's old installer that works perfectly. The LAN confuses me though because I have tried every combination to try to get it t work.

I have tried PEX4, and PCI0 as locations and neither LAN0 nor GIGE fixes work with those locations. I even tried those combinations with TM Fix checked on and off, as well as the GP9 fix on and off; all in the most combinations you could make from them. You mentioned in this thread that you have one of these boards. Did you get LAN working on that one and how?

Jeff

Don't just set random places, look in ioreg where your ethernet is located and be sure that it is supported natively by the system. Otherwise get drivers for it.

You're welcome, but don't underestimate ACPI patcher. BIOS flash is for those who need it, but it supports DSDT.aml patch and with it's help I was able to inject my video throught DSDT and stop using EFI strings or injectors. Also I got TimeMachine working. I am not a fan of BIOS patching but I am looking forward to see this patcher develop even more

Yes, i am going to do dsdt patching again with aCPI patcher.

After never shutdown the MAC, suddenly i recognize that it halted but can't turn off the PSU.

I hope there's a GMA 3100 in ACPI Patcher, since i can't switch the resolution

I have installed IPC 10.5.6 already, where i can find you either PM disabler or Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from 10.5.5 ? Does it same with the disabler from iPC 10.5.6

And the most important thing..where's the documentation of this ACPI Patcher?

What's LAN? GIGE? , how to find out it on PCI,PEX? etc..etc..Frame Buffer..id..

What usually know is the adapter VGA, PCI in slot number/onboard, Memory, GP9fix, Time machine fix..

too many unknown....variables..

I need to catch up info first, before using it again

Don't just set random places, look in ioreg where your ethernet is located and be sure that it is supported natively by the system. Otherwise get drivers for it.

I wasn't setting random places for the ethernet adapter. It says PEX4 in IOreg, but it's a branch of the PCI0. Like I said I tried both just to be sure. Please don't assume I'm stupid because I have a low post count. I did say that I read the entire thread.

Does this only offer a Time Machine fix, or does it fix "internet" as well? Time Machine is not fixed, and I even had Stellarolla helping me out. Internet and time machine only works with hacked kexts.

I also cannot get shutdown/restart to work properly when using this patcher. Before, with hacked kexts, sleep/shutdown/restart worked perfectly. Now, it goes to sleep using dsdt.aml, but shutdown and restart either take forever or don't work. I have tried openhaltrestart, and the EHCIsleepenabler fix from Superhai. EHCI kept my system from booting properly and neither fix shutdown/restart while using dsdt. Can someone suggest another a solution? I have checked all "fixes" in the main tab of the ACPI Patcher, if that makes a difference.

Thnx MacNut!

I will try in few hours!

Sorry for the delay ;)

IT WORKS!

Glad it worked for you, Phoenix Bios are doable, just a pain as they take more time.

Enjoy your Acer :D

-OMN

I wasn't setting random places for the ethernet adapter. It says PEX4 in IOreg, but it's a branch of the PCI0. Like I said I tried both just to be sure. Please don't assume I'm stupid because I have a low post count. I did say that I read the entire thread.

Does this only offer a Time Machine fix, or does it fix "internet" as well? Time Machine is not fixed, and I even had Stellarolla helping me out. Internet and time machine only works with hacked kexts.

I also cannot get shutdown/restart to work properly when using this patcher. Before, with hacked kexts, sleep/shutdown/restart worked perfectly. Now, it goes to sleep using dsdt.aml, but shutdown and restart either take forever or don't work. I have tried openhaltrestart, and the EHCIsleepenabler fix from Superhai. EHCI kept my system from booting properly and neither fix shutdown/restart while using dsdt. Can someone suggest another a solution? I have checked all "fixes" in the main tab of the ACPI Patcher, if that makes a difference.

If I remember correctly, it Fixes the TM only, I think.

Can you link your Bios? have a look at it once I get spare time.

-OMN

If I remember correctly, it Fixes the TM only, I think.

Can you link your Bios? have a look at it once I get spare time.

-OMN

I am using the F13 revision from Gigabyte; BIOS

You are welcome to take a look at it. My signature is my hardware. I was able to get graphics with Megalodon and choosing the PEPG button as well (choosing GFX DSDT only didnt work). TM was never fixed and futhermore, after I removed the dsdt.aml file and used natit for graphics and a hacked IONetworkingFamily for ethernet, TM still wouldnt work. Something in the dsdt.aml file screwed up the system because that hacked ehternet fix always worked before, and going back to it didnt. Restart only worked after using openhaltrestart, and NOT selecting the HPET and RTC patches in the patcher. Sleep still wouldnt work.

Needless to say it was a day wasted and I have gone back to using natit, and hacked kexts since this patcher couldnt take their place. Many thanks though to Stella for spending some damn long time troubleshooting with me, and apologies for that stuff not working.

I am using the F13 revision from Gigabyte; BIOS

You are welcome to take a look at it. My signature is my hardware. I was able to get graphics with Megalodon and choosing the PEPG button as well (choosing GFX DSDT only didnt work). TM was never fixed and futhermore, after I removed the dsdt.aml file and used natit for graphics and a hacked IONetworkingFamily for ethernet, TM still wouldnt work. Something in the dsdt.aml file screwed up the system because that hacked ehternet fix always worked before, and going back to it didnt. Restart only worked after using openhaltrestart, and NOT selecting the HPET and RTC patches in the patcher. Sleep still wouldnt work.

Needless to say it was a day wasted and I have gone back to using natit, and hacked kexts since this patcher couldnt take their place. Many thanks though to Stella for spending some damn long time troubleshooting with me, and apologies for that stuff not working.

Can you link a copy of you IOREG?