ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

The new name of the program is ACPI Patcher since it can patch and extract (not importing for the moment) SSDT too but buttons are hidden.

They will only appear in 0.3 version, when all tests will be done.

Version 0.3 release date ?

Don't know, maybe in 2 weeks.

0.2 is not released yet.

Interface will be re-written in 0.3 since SSDT buttons are placed in the output box actually.

And I will rewrite some functions for 0.2. (SplitDSDTAward() since in the actual state it won't found DSDT in some BIOS, I will merge AMI and Award functions in SplitwDelimiters (maybe I will publish an external program too, it will be a binary file cutter with delimiters)).

koalala

Thanks for the effort, but attached CBROM 115 didn't solve the "2 long beeps problem" (although patched BIOS works correctly).

What this two long beeps before POST actually mean? Can I just ignore them or is it dangerous?

Plus your newly included ALC888-2 (address 2 I guess) doesn't work either - no audio devices present. So here is a DSDT for ALC888 address 2 that actually work:

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (Package (0x02)

{

0x05, 

0x05

})

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"codec-id", 

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x88, 0x08, 0xec, 0x10

}, 

"layout-id", 

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

}, 

"device-type", 

Buffer (0x0e)

{

"Realtek ALC888"

}, 

"PinConfigurations", 

Buffer (0x28)

{

/* 0000 */	0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x20, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02,

/* 0008 */	0x30, 0x90, 0xa1, 0x02, 0x40, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01,

/* 0010 */	0x50, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 0x60, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01,

/* 0018 */	0x70, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01, 0x80, 0x11, 0x45, 0x01,

/* 0020 */	0x90, 0x91, 0xc5, 0x01

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Also I attach the patched DSL, patched BIOS and original unpatched BIOS. Hope it will help you to solve the two beeps bug.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

1. I flash with Q-FLASH if it does matter.

2. The two long beeps sound resemles a signal when "Report CPU fan failure" feature enabled at startup.

P35_DS3L.zip

Two beeps isn't a problem but for most people it's prevent from overclocking since FSB is reset.

CBROM115 is for persons who have real Dual BIOS mainboard. For those people, memory module was corrupted by CBROM and the mainboard wouldn't boot after patching.

I'm investigate but I think it's a checksum problem.

dsdt.aml got me time machine and deep sleep working (couldn't do it before), sleep behives different (now it shuts down instead of going to sleep)...

didn't get gfx working but i'll try later ti fix that too

bios: asus p5b rev.2101

thanks man, awesome proggie :wacko:

koalala

Well I do have Gigabyte Dual BIOS board. And I have it overclocked from 333 to 400 Mhz (bus clock) - I have C2D E8500 CPU. Just wanted to say that I have no problems with that. Two beeps don't affect my overclocked bus. So you must be wrong.

koalala

Well I do have Gigabyte Dual BIOS board. And I have it overclocked from 333 to 400 Mhz (bus clock) - I have C2D E8500 CPU. Just wanted to say that I have no problems with that. Two beeps don't affect my overclocked bus. So you must be wrong.

In fact only some people have problems with overclocking. But it's difficult to explain why.

Crawley, DSDT.aml doesn't affect Sleep/Shutdown.

I think this is linked with installation of PCEFI v9.

In fact only some people have problems with overclocking. But it's difficult to explain why.

Crawley, DSDT.aml doesn't affect Sleep/Shutdown.

I think this is linked with installation of PCEFI v9.

Sleep/shutdown is most probably linked with SSDT, and, since SSDT methods are sometimes called from DSDT, do not be so sure.

Sleep/shutdown is most probably linked with SSDT, and, since SSDT methods are sometimes called from DSDT, do not be so sure.

But I know what my program write in DSDT :( .

If it's really due to patching, it's only due to recompiling by iASL and it would mean that original ACPI table wasn't correctly compiled.

I really Doubt it's patching issue with your program, Most Bios Sleep/Shutdown is Different in someway.

I've check, and with my Bios it don't mod the CPU sleep Flag in the DSDT, and I think iASL is fine as it compiled, 0 errors

I think, I know it lies with the Kernal, as Mine has Alis to the Sleep with the CPU ( Program Might Edit for others though), so I edited the .aml manually, then rebuild the bios with MMTool and Hex.

Awesome program btw, thanks for taking the time to build it.

as for as the double beep, normal due to a bad checksum, which could cause the FSB being unstable when overclocking.

If you can't overclock, use DSDT.aml method.

I will investigate but it will be better if some other people could investigate too.

To AppleLife.ru readers : I read the pages you posted and after analyzing generated BIOS with SLIC, ACPI table isn't modified by the BIOS patcher. I don't know if it's possible to introduce another DSDT without modifying original files but it must be doable.

Thanks

RAINBOW369, see attached file, HPET, RTC and Aliases fixed. (You aren't concerned by other options for the moment and you aren't concerned by o/c problems).

XPL21805.zip

Erorr.rar Hi i've got an erorr when i try to patch bios.

here is pic and log.

Sys: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Retail  9G55

Kernel: Darwin 9.6.0

Hardware: ASUS P5K-E WiFi-AP\Core 2 Duo E8200\4Gb Ram\Mac OSX HDD SATA2 750GB+210GB@WinXPSP3 HDD SATA2 110GB\GeForce 8800 GT 512Mb\HD Audio ADI1989B\Creative Audigy\Yukon 88E8056\RTL8187 WiFi\ASUS DRW-2014L1T Sata\Apple Keyboard

Patcher 0.2 Beta 3 is out and fixes Bootblock error.

Generated BIOSes are flashable by AFUDOS and maybe EZ-FLASH.

I wanted to post it 5 hours ago but I forgotten.

Genius work Koalala!

Using DSDT.aml - booting from EFI partion on GA EP35 DS4.

GFX, alc889a and Ethernet - only dsmos.kext on efi partition and edit to AppleHDA plist - all working v0.2(Beta2)

Tryed v0.2(Beta3) and now have restsrt/shutdown problem.

Have gone back to beta2(2) ..

Genius work Koalala!

Using DSDT.aml - booting from EFI partion on GA EP35 DS4.

GFX, alc889a and Ethernet - only dsmos.kext on efi partition and edit to AppleHDA plist - all working v0.2(Beta2)

Tryed v0.2(Beta3) and now have restsrt/shutdown problem.

Have gone back to beta2(2) ..

Really strange since none of those fix had been changed between Beta2b and Beta3

Which version of Beta2 did you use ?

Really strange since none of those fix had been changed between Beta2b and Beta3

Which version of Beta2 did you use ?

Beta2b mate ..

I'm at work at the moment - so let me double check I haven't done anything stupid.

I'll get back to you!

Hi i've got an erorr when i try to patch bios.

here is pic and log.

Sys: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Retail  9G55

Kernel: Darwin 9.6.0

Hardware: ASUS P5K-E WiFi-AP\Core 2 Duo E8200\4Gb Ram\Mac OSX HDD SATA2 750GB+210GB@WinXPSP3 HDD SATA2 110GB\GeForce 8800 GT 512Mb\HD Audio ADI1989B\Creative Audigy\Yukon 88E8056\RTL8187 WiFi\ASUS DRW-2014L1T Sata\Apple Keyboard

Use attached BIOS (HPET,RTC,Aliases fixed), the patcher has some bugs with Windows XP, code will be cleaned in RC1.

XP5K_E_1202.zip