NEW INSTALL: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

skx

768 posts in this topic

I used kext helper .7 to install my kexts. Dumb questions. But... Are you using the onboard audio? Do you have the cable connected correctly? Do you have the onboard audio (azailia?) turn on in the bios?

I am using the standard onboard audio. In the BIOS the azalea is set to auto (It can only be set to auto or disabled).

I'll give it a try using kext helper 7 and see what happens.

Thanks

Has anyone with this board seen a solution for the USB drive "unmount on wake" issue? - this is where external usb drives upon wake will generate the "device not removed properly" error message.

It making me paranoid that my data on those externals is actually being corrupted - you can see them remount for a split second when the screen comes back on from wake. Another poster asked about this a ways back in this topic but I haven't seen any replies. If anyone ahs any ideas let me know, I'm reinstalling iDeneb 10.5.5 just to see if this release has the same issue. (running 10.5.6 vanilla from retail normally)

I keep getting the following at boot:

Extension “com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily” cannot be found

I’ve tried to install the kext now at least 10 times usually using OSx86 Tools Utility (but have also tried via the Terminal). And yes, I made sure I trashed the Extension.mkext and cache after the install. I’ve fixed permissions several times, both right after install as well as prior and after reboot. Again, I've done this so many times so many different ways. But I still get this message. I even tried an earlier kext (version 1.6). But normally I used one taken from the 10.5.6 Combo update (via Pacifist) which is version 1.6.1

I’m running 10.5.6 from a retail leopard install following Auzigog's great How To.

Not sure if this matters but in System Profiler it lists the extension as follows (which looks like all the other extensions):

kext Version: 1.6.1

Load Address: 0x2e335000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

Please help me! I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have the system working well so far(fingers crossed), but there is something still wrong. The restart and shutdown functions don't work properly. When I try to restart it hangs on the splash and when shutdown is entered, the OS closes and the monitor enters standby, but the machine doesn't switch off.

Also, I can't see any info in the System Profiler about my CPU or RAM.

Is this normal?

I have the system working well so far(fingers crossed), but there is something still wrong. The restart and shutdown functions don't work properly. When I try to restart it hangs on the splash and when shutdown is entered, the OS closes and the monitor enters standby, but the machine doesn't switch off.

Also, I can't see any info in the System Profiler about my CPU or RAM.

Is this normal?

yes it's "normal" (the only fix is to change the text, a little utility will do that automatically posted somewhere in this forum, forgot the name), its not really a fix, because it's not what MacOS recognised, it whatever you tell it to be

as for shutdown it's normal too, and easily fixed by using "OpenHaltRestart.kext"

do a search in this thread you'll find it

Has anyone with this board seen a solution for the USB drive "unmount on wake" issue? - this is where external usb drives upon wake will generate the "device not removed properly" error message.

It making me paranoid that my data on those externals is actually being corrupted - you can see them remount for a split second when the screen comes back on from wake. Another poster asked about this a ways back in this topic but I haven't seen any replies. If anyone ahs any ideas let me know, I'm reinstalling iDeneb 10.5.5 just to see if this release has the same issue. (running 10.5.6 vanilla from retail normally)

Thanks ;)

That really is bothering me too

so for now I don't sleep the computer when I have usb HD attached

tell me if you have the problem with iDeneb

if you don't have the problem do a complete backup of all your kext, please post your kext

and/or start replacing kext with the one posted in this thread to find the "faulty" one

unless the problem is not even kext related...

I keep getting the following at boot:

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" cannot be found

I've tried to install the kext now at least 10 times usually using OSx86 Tools Utility (but have also tried via the Terminal). And yes, I made sure I trashed the Extension.mkext and cache after the install. I've fixed permissions several times, both right after install as well as prior and after reboot. Again, I've done this so many times so many different ways. But I still get this message. I even tried an earlier kext (version 1.6). But normally I used one taken from the 10.5.6 Combo update (via Pacifist) which is version 1.6.1

I'm running 10.5.6 from a retail leopard install following Auzigog's great How To.

Please help me! I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

if I were you I would reinstall OSX

after what you have tried, I would consider it the kind of problem that gets solved faster by reinstalling OSX than trying to fix it...

That really is bothering me too

so for now I don't sleep the computer when I have usb HD attached

tell me if you have the problem with iDeneb

if you don't have the problem do a complete backup of all your kext, please post your kext

and/or start replacing kext with the one posted in this thread to find the "faulty" one

unless the problem is not even kext related...

I'm going to try iDeneb and also the XxX install, I will post what I find out.

WOO HOOO! I finally got my LAN working, posting this from my sweet new hackintosh!! YEAH! Thanks for all the support on this thread, you guys are the best...

hi what drivers did you end up using, cant seem to get mine to work

Solution for USB disconnect from sleep is in the following thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7029&st=240 (see Slice's post near the end), it is not really a bug as its actually the correct out-of-the-box behavior for the stock kext.

However, there is a modified kext that you need to install -- they modified the standard kext to prevent the disconnect behavior

It fixed the issue for me on a EP45-UD3P, and presumably on all ICH10® boards

I can manage to install, get video drivers working, but cant for the life of me get the networking going, i've tried the kext's recommended but to no avail. what am i missing??

Edit: ahhhhh the missing and all important 'UUID Error Fix'

once i installed this fix all went smooth

Solution for USB disconnect from sleep is in the following thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7029&st=240 (see Slice's post near the end), it is not really a bug as its actually the correct out-of-the-box behavior for the stock kext.

However, there is a modified kext that you need to install -- they modified the standard kext to prevent the disconnect behavior

Cool thanks kmare! - I won't be able to try this out for a couple days but thanks for taking the time to reply, Eliade maybe you can try and post results?

:wacko:

I can manage to install, get video drivers working, but cant for the life of me get the networking going, i've tried the kext's recommended but to no avail. what am i missing??

Edit: ahhhhh the missing and all important 'UUID Error Fix'

once i installed this fix all went smooth

yea that had me puzzled for a while as well, I copied a nice UUID installer package from the iPC distro and keep it with my "post install" kexts and installers.

if I were you I would reinstall OSX

after what you have tried, I would consider it the kind of problem that gets solved faster by reinstalling OSX than trying to fix it...

I'll try that. I'm actually getting a new HD and was just going to clone the current boot drive but I think I'll take your suggestion and "do it from scratch" and see if that clears things up.

Hi all,

I just bought this motherboard, and I had hard times to get it to work. I was able to install Kalyway, and retail version on it. No luck with iDeneb 10.5.5 or 10.5.6. eventhough i was able to run both of them on my lod machine. Anyway, retail is working just great on it except shutdown and sleep don't work. As I did some research this motherboard shuts down completely.

Whenever I shut the computer down, the fans continue to work, and I have to shut it down manually. Sleep doesn't work at all.

is there any fix for that?

thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I just bought this motherboard, and I had hard times to get it to work. I was able to install Kalyway, and retail version on it. No luck with iDeneb 10.5.5 or 10.5.6. eventhough i was able to run both of them on my lod machine. Anyway, retail is working just great on it except shutdown and sleep don't work. As I did some research this motherboard shuts down completely.

Whenever I shut the computer down, the fans continue to work, and I have to shut it down manually. Sleep doesn't work at all.

is there any fix for that?

thanks in advance.

I think it's mentioned somewhere in this thread so you may want to look through just to be sure but I believe you need the OpenHaltRestart.kext

thanks for the info

I tried, downloaded and installed AppleUSBEHCI.kext

rebooted, then sleep ... same problem (device removal warning)

maybe I'm just tired...

but could you be more specific at what you did please, that would be a great help... I'm sure it very simple...

and maybe upload the kext you downloaded...

thanks

I think it's mentioned somewhere in this thread so you may want to look through just to be sure but I believe you need the OpenHaltRestart.kext

yes that is correct

I've been trying unsuccessfully for several days to get a working ISO to boot on a laptop. I discovered that I need to do my ISO editing/burning on an Intel Mac at work, and that gives me exactly one chance a day to make changes to try at home. I realized I need a machine at home to work on, and since I have one with the EP45-UDR3 I thought it would be easy to make a working system. I've tried all of the listed ISOs in this thread, and even made a few of the suggested "take the X from this thread, add it to the Y from this thread, and substitute them for the Z files in the ISO" changes with no success, just kernel panics. I know this can't be that hard as so many people are making it happen.

Here's my system: EP45-UD3R mobo, v7 BIOS, 4GB RAM, Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 video, SATA 500GB hard drive and SATA Pioneer DVD-writer (no IDE devices), Creative X-Fi Platinum PCI (yeah, I know it's not supported ;) ), floppy, Logitech wireless keyboard and MS wireless mouse (both USB). I need the eithernet connection as well. Here are the device IDs for the video and ethernet:

Ethernet (Realtek RTL8168/8111) : Vendor 10EC, device 8168

Video (Radeon HD 4830): Vendor 1002, device 944c

I've also made the suggested BIOS setting changes. Would someone be kind enough to take one of the ISOs, add all the updated kext files, and upload it somewhere for myself (and others) to give it a shot? MUCH appreciated!

Got the installer DVD to boot - reformatting my drive to GUID as we speak. Using Grub-DFE.iso and running with -x. slow as all hell to get the installer up, but we'll see if I can get anything working.

edit: got it working - had to boot using -x for both the installer and the mac os x partition until I installed the Natit.kext and added the PCI ID to the ATIx2000.kext file. After that, a reboot booted straight into the OS! I'm sure this could be overcome by using a modified boot132 disk, but it really isn't a hassle, so no biggie.

Im having a similar problem. I have the UD3P board, and the 2600 XT card.

When you say running with -x do you mean that you just booted with -x instead of -v?

Thanks

Hi everyone .. i just try get this motherboard to test out... but ... when until the installation will be show a message say ( MAC OS X CANNOT INSTALL IN THIS COMPUTER) this software cannot install in this computer . why? anyone know why?

i using Q6700

Kingston DDR800

Seagate 500 G

Pioneer DVD ROM

8800 GT

and GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R of course... any one know how ? help help for the desperate me.....

Hi everyone .. i just try get this motherboard to test out... but ... when until the installation will be show a message say ( MAC OS X CANNOT INSTALL IN THIS COMPUTER) this software cannot install in this computer . why? anyone know why?

i using Q6700

Kingston DDR800

Seagate 500 G

Pioneer DVD ROM

8800 GT

and GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R of course... any one know how ? help help for the desperate me.....

this what happen when you use recovery disk instead of retail disk

(I did the same thing, using the disk from my macbook pro :D )

so just get a retail disk and it will work :)

yea that had me puzzled for a while as well, I copied a nice UUID installer package from the iPC distro and keep it with my "post install" kexts and installers.

Can you give some more details on how you did this? I'm getting the "UUID error code 35" message.

Thanks

this what happen when you use recovery disk instead of retail disk

(I did the same thing, using the disk from my macbook pro :D )

so just get a retail disk and it will work :)

ic... when buy the mac pro with the DVD is a recover disk ? ...

NOW Problem Solve already Yeah~!!!! Thanks MAN~!!!!! This Forum IS ROCK and this GigaByte is the BEST~!!!!! HURAYYYY

Can you give some more details on how you did this? I'm getting the "UUID error code 35" message.

Thanks

Let me preface that I did a retail leopard install and so you may wish to check if this will work for you, but what helped fix all my UUID error 35's was Superhai's SMBIOSResolver.kext

What it does is set a UUID for you (or you can edit it in the plist file within the kext).

and one of here using the Final cut studio or Adobe cs4 in this board? or logic pro 8? because i try FCS for yesterday was keep hang out.. anyone ??

CS4 works perfectly well on my machine

---

and I just upgraded to 8GB of ram Woo Hoo !

CS4 works perfectly well on my machine

---

and I just upgraded to 8GB of ram Woo Hoo !

thank for the reply yeahh.. i yesterday try out the cs3 is work fine... but now only the problem for the FCP 6.0 i think maybe the installation got problem today i will try about it... should be no problem.... because all the program can be run without problem....... yheahhhh 8 G ... me too hahaha enjoy mac ~!! :D

another thing i wanna ask the processor i was using 2.4 Quad... OC to 3.0 but the mac detected was 4 G unknow processor ? how ?