NEW INSTALL: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

skx

768 posts in this topic

I installed the kexts but now I can't open dmg files unless they are downloaded and automatically opened by the system.

Is there a kext to fix this?

that has nothing to do with those kext:

it's a program that opens dmg files, called DiskImageMounter.app

it's the same program that opens ISO file

if it's not set as the default program anymore (for whatever reason) it won't open them with double click, do a right click on a DMG file, selec "get info", go to the "Open with" section and select DiskImageMounter.app in the drop down, if it's not there select "other" and look for it in /System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter.app

then click on the change all, that will set all dmg file to open with DiskImageMounter by default

if te same problem occur with iso file, do the same in an iso

hii,,, :) before sorry my bad english :P

i wanna try ga ep45ud3r dualboot with vista,but i cant set hd to ide on mac with my board,its still root wait device, and now i use ipc 10.5.6 in my system (single boot) kernel default 9.6.0, smbios efi. any one can tell me?help me choose osx installer? thanks... :)

my rig :

intel e5200, ga ep45ud3r v 1,1 bios f4, 88gt albatron, 8gb adata

What do you mean you can't set HD to ide...

if you want to install MacOS on an IDE HD you need jmicronata.kext loaded during install

it's on the first post of this thread

so the only way is to insert this kext into an already existing boot 132 Disk, which I never looked on how to do it, so i dont know how.

make your own boot 132, there a utility to make boot132 disk, google it

I made a boot 132 using that utility for this board with the IDE support, look for it in this thread, I don't think many people used it. but it works at least when the retail DVD disk is extracted on a USB HD, because I use it.

Ok, I have a new problem with this mobo.

It was all working great, both shutdown and sleep was working just like my real Mac. For few days, every time I shutdown the system, I get the kext panic error where the computer has to power off. I didn't add anything, didn't install any kext or software except Temperature Monitor, that I assume it wouldn't cause any problem. the OpenHaltRestart.kext is already installed in my Extensions folder through OSX86Tools. Any thoughts on this issue?

OK, I just realized what the problem was. As I said above, the system was running just like my real mac, but recently I've got kernel panic after shutting down the system. My external hard drive was connected to the PC with USB2.0 and everything was just fine. Recently I've been using Firewire cable, and it was causing the kernel panic!! Now that the hard drive is unplugged, everything seems to be working. I haven't tested with USB cable yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be ok.

Is there any kext to fix this kind of issues with firewire port? :rolleyes:

Why am I insisting using the hard drive with Firewire cable? because if I use the USB2.0, the hard drive will remain on after shutdown or sleep :wacko: There is no power in other devices that are using USB port but this god damn hard drive. (I had no problem with it on my previous machine, and i was running 10.5.6 with a foxconn mobo)

I installed the SMBIOSresolver.kext because I'm getting the UUID error 35 message. However, it seems to be causing a problem because I can't boot into OSX with it installed. I get as far as the initial splash screen and the Restart error message pops up.

I deleted the kext and now I can boot up but I still have the UUID error. I installed Applesmbios.kext that I found in this thread. Could that be causing a problem?

I installed the SMBIOSresolver.kext because I'm getting the UUID error 35 message. However, it seems to be causing a problem because I can't boot into OSX with it installed. I get as far as the initial splash screen and the Restart error message pops up.

I deleted the kext and now I can boot up but I still have the UUID error. I installed Applesmbios.kext that I found in this thread. Could that be causing a problem?

Some kext are dependent on each other and would cause problems like that

The main problem is that you have iPC, so who knows what was changed by default

that's one very good reason why I install the retail disk

does Applesmbios fixes the problem?

if so than great.

if it does not change anything I would remove it just in case...

if not ...

you could give a shot at installing chameleon 2, which fixed the UUID error for me, but that might be risky, again because you have iPC instead of a clean retail...

Eliade--

I was finally able to install OS X on my UD3R system last night. I figured out my partitioning issue and got it running; however, it blew up shortly afterward and I'm not sure where the problem is.

After the base install it seemed that things were working--networking was up, my keyboard and mouse were there, and I could mount a USB flash drive and pull some update files from it.

I had downloaded your April '09 kext pack from several posts back and followed Auzigog's instructions. When I got to the part using Uinstaller, I selected the kexts in your pack and chose the other recommended options. (I couldn't set the video card string; my Sapphire Radeon 4350 wasn't on the list.) After Unistaller finished the machine locked up--no keyboard or mouse. I had to hard-reset and, when I did, the machine died with a kernel panic on its way back up.

So, I'm not sure if a kext in your pack was to blame or if a chosen Uinstaller option was the culprit. This leads to a question: I tried rebooting with -f -v -x and the machine still died. If I'm trying to troubleshoot in the future and this happens again, how can I get back into the machine to delete/change kext files without reinstalling the OS?

Eliade--

I was finally able to install OS X on my UD3R system last night. I figured out my partitioning issue and got it running; however, it blew up shortly afterward and I'm not sure where the problem is.

After the base install it seemed that things were working--networking was up, my keyboard and mouse were there, and I could mount a USB flash drive and pull some update files from it.

I had downloaded your April '09 kext pack from several posts back and followed Auzigog's instructions. When I got to the part using Uinstaller, I selected the kexts in your pack and chose the other recommended options. (I couldn't set the video card string; my Sapphire Radeon 4350 wasn't on the list.) After Unistaller finished the machine locked up--no keyboard or mouse. I had to hard-reset and, when I did, the machine died with a kernel panic on its way back up.

So, I'm not sure if a kext in your pack was to blame or if a chosen Uinstaller option was the culprit. This leads to a question: I tried rebooting with -f -v -x and the machine still died. If I'm trying to troubleshoot in the future and this happens again, how can I get back into the machine to delete/change kext files without reinstalling the OS?

did you install retail or iPC?

if iPC, then that might be the problem.

I don't really know what iPC does, probably goods thing, but not great with the same fix we do on retail install...

You mean it locked up while running right after uinstaller before rebooting?

then something was fishy even before, changing kext don't usually get loaded right away (JmicronATA is the only one that I noticed get loaded on the fly)

you can get back throu the OSX install disk

you'll have access to the terminal and from there you can delete them

Delete those:

-AppleAHCIPort

-IOAHCIFamily

-IOATAFamily

and try to replace them by the original ones

and maybe, but I don't think this will cause problems

-JMicronATA (it should boot without any JMicronATA, I did it before, so you can replace the orignal later)

I don't think any other one from my pack could cause boot problems

I've had problem long ago, with the first three, because I was missing one of the the three, or had another kext with different name that was trying to solve the same thing, anyway dependency issues most likely

on a clean OSX Retail install none of my kext from april pack should cause a problem

at least if they are the only one installed

if you do have Retail then the problem could be Uinstaller, but very unlikely, other people used it without trouble

you could try kexthelper instead, that's all I use

I use Uinstaller only for the 2 efi strings

Hi Eliade!

did you install retail or iPC?

if iPC, then that might be the problem.

I installed vanilla, 10.5.0 retail disk, then installed 10.5.6 combo updater.

You mean it locked up while running right after uinstaller before rebooting?

then something was fishy even before, changing kext don't usually get loaded right away (JmicronATA is the only one that I noticed get loaded on the fly)

Yes, exactly. I hadn't installed jmicron as I have no IDE devices installed. That's good to know about (when kexts load).

you can get back throu the OSX install disk

you'll have access to the terminal and from there you can delete them

Delete those:

-AppleAHCIPort

-IOAHCIFamily

-IOATAFamily

and try to replace them by the original ones

and maybe, but I don't think this will cause problems

-JMicronATA (it should boot without any JMicronATA, I did it before, so you can replace the orignal later)

Okay. When they're installed though Uinstaller, are they written directly to the S/L/E folder? Somehow I as under the impression they remained in the EFI partition and were loaded when the boot manager (Chameleon) loaded. If not, what happens when a system update occurs, should those files be overwritten with incompatible versions?

you could try kexthelper instead, that's all I use

I use Uinstaller only for the 2 efi strings

I can try that as well. Getting back into a botched install was my biggest concern. I'll be back at this tonight when I get home and will post my results.

Okay. When they're installed though Uinstaller, are they written directly to the S/L/E folder? Somehow I as under the impression they remained in the EFI partition and were loaded when the boot manager (Chameleon) loaded. If not, what happens when a system update occurs, should those files be overwritten with incompatible versions?

I've been doing some "noobie research" into the Munky method since I'm trying to nail down if that method makes any sense for my own install or not.

The concept of installing kext into the EFI partition is, in essence, the Munky method. Chameleon instead loads kext (kext that you have Chameleon install) into the /Extra folder of your boot, and Uinstaller loads them as you point out into the S/L/E folder (for Noobs that's System/Library/Extensions).

IF an altered (non vanilla) kext is in your s/l/e folder and you update through Apple, Yes there is a risk that a new vanilla kext will replace your modified one. Which is one of the reasons the Chameleon folks want to have all the modified kext in the /Extra folder.

I am unclear, however, if it matters (in terms of what is loaded first, etc.) where the kext reside. I have had and continue to have a very bizarre situation at boot where I get this message "extension "com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" cannot be found" although later it somehow gets loaded and using Kextspy (a fabulous little utility that shows which kext have been loaded, plus their version and a bunch of other data).

Net net, I think the Munky method (as Munky himself has stated) is becoming obsolute with the new Chameleon and the concept of trying to get all modified kext into the /Extra folder is the optimal way to go (IMO). However, there still are some unanswered questions (some people report the need to have certain kext in s/l/e or they don't work, etc.). I'm going to be building a new system next week (same board but different components that what I currently have) and may try to do a Chameleon only (no Uinstaller) to see if all my kext work when in the /Extra folder. There are other things that can go in the /Extra folder com.Apple.Boot.plist, etc. and I'll be doing that as well. Once completed I'll post some details and hopefully it will be helpful for others (and hopefully helpful for me too :rolleyes: ).

IF an altered (non vanilla) kext is in your s/l/e folder and you update through Apple, Yes there is a risk that a new vanilla kext will replace your modified one. Which is one of the reasons the Chameleon folks want to have all the modified kext in the /Extra folder.

yes that's one of the reason I don't use thise anymore:

-AppleAHCIPort

-IOAHCIFamily

-IOATAFamily

chameleon 2 has a bundled kext, to replace those, that works in the extra folder

in the system profiler you get unknown AHCI, instead of ICH10

but it fixes the icon issue.

SO the only kext that is in the S/L/E that will very likely be replaced by 10.5.x updates is the AppleHDA.kext and JmicronATA, that I will need to reinstall...

RealtekR1000.kext for networking is not an original kext name so it won't ever be replaced

Net net, I think the Munky method (as Munky himself has stated) is becoming obsolute with the new Chameleon and the concept of trying to get all modified kext into the /Extra folder is the optimal way to go (IMO). However, there still are some unanswered questions (some people report the need to have certain kext in s/l/e or they don't work, etc.). I'm going to be building a new system next week (same board but different components that what I currently have) and may try to do a Chameleon only (no Uinstaller) to see if all my kext work when in the /Extra folder. There are other things that can go in the /Extra folder com.Apple.Boot.plist, etc. and I'll be doing that as well. Once completed I'll post some details and hopefully it will be helpful for others (and hopefully helpful for me too ;) ).

again the only three I have in S/L/E:

AppleHDA.kext -> no sound if not in S/L/E

JmicronATA -> no IDE support if not in S/L/E

RealtekR1000.kext-> shared folder/screen sharing... not accessible from other machine after few minutes of it working, unless is installed in S/L/E, Internet access works great even if placed in Extra folder, but may be lost after sleep (need quick testing)

I actuall havent tried with those in Extra along with chameleon 2, maybe someof these kext can now be loaded from the Extra

I'll try right away...

Hi Eliade!

I installed vanilla, 10.5.0 retail disk, then installed 10.5.6 combo updater.

the reason I thought you had iPC, is networking support without kext installed, which does not work on this board, at least not on my system...

unless you used my Boot132 cd which has networking support went you boot from it...

YES installed in S/L/E and only there, so does kexthelper...

yes the kext with same filename as original ones will get replaced, but the only one is audio (since you don't have IDE), so all you would do is reaindtall AppleHDA, that's not too much trouble...

I'd recommend not to install for ICH10, the default kext works great already, and chameleon 2 has one kext that works in Extra folder...

- AppleAHCIPort

-IOAHCIFamily

-IOATAFamily

yes that's one of the reason I don't use thise anymore:

-AppleAHCIPort

-IOAHCIFamily

-IOATAFamily

chameleon 2 has a bundled kext, to replace those, that works in the extra folder

in the system profiler you get unknown AHCI, instead of ICH10

but it fixes the icon issue.

Ah, okay. I'm getting the pretty orange icons. So installing Chameleon 2 will fix that issue?

So the only kext that is in the S/L/E that will very likely be replaced by 10.5.x updates is the AppleHDA.kext and JmicronATA, that I will need to reinstall...

RealtekR1000.kext for networking is not an original kext name so it won't ever be replaced

I take it that the RealtekR1000 isn't a modified Apple kext?

again the only three I have in S/L/E:

AppleHDA.kext -> no sound if not in S/L/E

JmicronATA -> no IDE support if not in S/L/E

RealtekR1000.kext-> shared folder/screen sharing... not accessible from other machine after few minutes of it working, unless is installed in S/L/E, Internet access works great even if placed in Extra folder, but may be lost after sleep (need quick testing)

I actuall havent tried with those in Extra along with chameleon 2, maybe someof these kext can now be loaded from the Extra

I'll try right away...

Please let us know if this works for you. It would make a cleaner install if it does.

the reason I thought you had iPC, is networking support without kext installed, which does not work on this board, at least not on my system...

unless you used my Boot132 cd which has networking support went you boot from it...

Your Boot132 was the first thing I tried...unfortunately it gave me kernel panics during bootup. I believe it was IOATA related but I'm not sure. Out of desperation I tried a Grub-DFE boot disk that I found through a message link on this board, I believe. (Original thread on other board here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f179/56516.htm , download link here: http://rapidshare.com/files/162007841/grub-dfe.iso.zip.) That one allows a boot all the way into the installer. And, after reading about things that usually won't work without extra kexts, I was pleasantly surprised to find that networking was active. Perhaps examining which kexts are included on that boot disk may shed some light on why networking comes up.

YES installed in S/L/E and only there, so does kexthelper...

yes the kext with same filename as original ones will get replaced, but the only one is audio (since you don't have IDE), so all you would do is reaindtall AppleHDA, that's not too much trouble...

I'd recommend not to install for ICH10, the default kext works great already, and chameleon 2 has one kext that works in Extra folder...

- AppleAHCIPort

-IOAHCIFamily

-IOATAFamily

Stupid question...the three files you list, do those deal with the ICH10 stuff? I wonder what doesn't work if those aren't installed and the Chameleon kexts are used instead?

Ah, okay. I'm getting the pretty orange icons. So installing Chameleon 2 will fix that issue?

yes if you use the kext that comes with chameleon 2

(if you use chameleon 1.0.x you can download chameleon 2 and get those kext from the zip file)

I take it that the RealtekR1000 isn't a modified Apple kext?

I don't really know how it works, maybe it disables another one and use its own binary file...

Please let us know if this works for you. It would make a cleaner install if it does.

it didn't

well internet works with RealtekR1000 in the extra as stated before, but I'm sure other computer will lose access to my shared folder... like it did before...

I even tried changing the version number in the sound kext to the same version number as the original 10.5.6 applehda kext

Your Boot132 was the first thing I tried...unfortunately it gave me kernel panics during bootup. I believe it was IOATA related but I'm not sure. Out of desperation I tried a Grub-DFE boot disk that I found through a message link on this board, I believe. (Original thread on other board here: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f179/56516.htm , download link here: http://rapidshare.com/files/162007841/grub-dfe.iso.zip.) That one allows a boot all the way into the installer. And, after reading about things that usually won't work without extra kexts, I was pleasantly surprised to find that networking was active. Perhaps examining which kexts are included on that boot disk may shed some light on why networking comes up.

I see...

Stupid question...the three files you list, do those deal with the ICH10 stuff? I wonder what doesn't work if those aren't installed and the Chameleon kexts are used instead?

Yes they do

with those three you get info about ICH10 in the system profiler and icon is fixed

with chameleon kexts, icon is fixed but still says unknown AHCI in system profiler

anyway it works perfectly without those 3

so for not having to add more things in the S/L/E folder I prefer the chameleon kexts, and don't care about the system profiler information

hii,,, :) before sorry my bad english :angel:

i wanna try ga ep45ud3r dualboot with vista,but i cant set hd to ide on mac with my board,its still root wait device, and now i use ipc 10.5.6 in my system (single boot) kernel default 9.6.0, smbios efi. any one can tell me?help me choose osx installer? thanks... :)

my rig :

intel e5200, ga ep45ud3r v 1,1 bios f4, 88gt albatron, 8gb adata

This link might help you with your problem. TRY HERE!

I'm going to be building a new system next week (same board but different components that what I currently have) and may try to do a Chameleon only (no Uinstaller) to see if all my kext work when in the /Extra folder.

So i you don't care about audio input (microphone line/line in)

and don't care about local networking (internet works well)

then I have the answer to the near "perfect setup":

as of now the S/L/E folder is in its original condition, all the kext are the original ones... none are deleted.

everything works except audio input and local networking

I can't do that because I need microphone for skype and local networking

all you need is this file in the Extra folder, and NONE of the listed kext should be in the Extra/Extension folder

mkext_GA_EP4_UD3R_april09.zip

which contains:

dsmos

IntelCPUPMDisabler

OpenHaltRestart

JMicronATA

RealtekR1000

then for sound:

HDAEnabler

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver

LegacyHDAController

and the kext than came with chameleon 2:

AHCIPortInjector

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

ATAPortInjector

AHCIPortInjector

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

ATAPortInjector

I suggest using the 3 extensions from

http://netkas.org/?p=80

They are similar to the ones bundled with Chameleon 2, but contain data for ICH 9 and ICH10.

Btw. did you observe any trouble with sleep/wake and USB device removal errors after wake up?

I want to install the retail 10.5.6 but I don't have any DL discs to burn it to. Is it possible to install straight from the disk image?

well almost

I too don't have DL disk, so it's extracted on a partition

what you need is a working MacOS to start with, and use the restore feature

first you need to convert the iso into a DMG again with disk utility

then you need to do a "scan for restore on the dmg

finally you'll be able to restore the dmg onto a 8GB (minimum) partition formated as a Mac OS Extended

But there's a lot of chance that you can do it on a Fat32 partition, but I'm not sure

so from windows extract the iso onto a 8GB partition (fat32) using winrar for example

then use a boot132 CD to boot onto that partition

(when you get to where you type "the number" 80, 81 or 82 ...etc, try them all until you see the partition name )

Eliade,

it seems like you're an expert :) could you please read this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1126997

Thanx

I don't have any firewire drive so I can't really help you, sorry

Firewire (400 or 800) is always better than USB2, but you might have to use USB in that case.

look around it's probably a matter of finding a modified kext...

don't sleep the machine with the hard drive connected...

you need to eject it first (no need to physically disconnect it, just software unmount is good)

I don't know if this problem exist with firewire...

Eliade,

When I got home I finished up my install. I've also installed Chameleon 2. I didn't install your kexts, thinking there would be some setup menu options for Chameleon to allow a kext install when I ran it. I didn't see anything like that, and the readme in the installer had no info. How do I install my extra kexts in Chameleon's Extra/Extensions folder in the EFI?

Eliade,

When I got home I finished up my install. I've also installed Chameleon 2. I didn't install your kexts, thinking there would be some setup menu options for Chameleon to allow a kext install when I ran it. I didn't see anything like that, and the readme in the installer had no info. How do I install my extra kexts in Chameleon's Extra/Extensions folder in the EFI?

just drag the kext into it, it will very likely ask you for your user password

just drag the kext into it, it will very likely ask you for your user password

Well, that's the problem I guess. I looked around on the disk and couldn't find an install folder for the program. I'm guessing it installed in the EFI partition but that doesn't show up in the finder.

Well, that's the problem I guess. I looked around on the disk and couldn't find an install folder for the program. I'm guessing it installed in the EFI partition but that doesn't show up in the finder.

there's no install folder, no setup option displayed on a nice GUI

chameleon is mostly just a boot file at the root of the OSX partition

the chameleon setup option is actually this Extra folder, your boot option will be in

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

and the extensions in /Extra/Extensions/ or Extensions.mkext in /Extra/

-----------------

-----

TESTING STILL NEEDED:

(well just for local networking, I know that everything else works)

edit:good new: after 20min shared folder still accessible form other hackintosh (I remember the problem occured in less than 5min, so I consider this working)

needs testing from other windows machine to see if shared folder are still accessible

EDIT 2:you need to add the "-f" flag during boot to have full networking support

OR what I did, edit the com.apple.Boot.plist file in the Extra folder to add

<key>-f</key>

<string></string>

but it should be THE (almost :) ) PERFECT SETUP for our board

you need chameleon 2 (no guaranty with chameleon 1.0.x, but will most likely work too)

in the Extra folder remove the Extensions folder

and Extensions.mkext if there's one...

and drag this file in the /Extra folder

With IDE support:

Extensions.mkext_GA_EP45_UD3R_April_9_2009.zip

withOUT IDE support:

Extensions.mkext_NO_IDE_GA_EP45_UD3R_April_9_2009.zip

EDIT: NEW NEW NEW

same as above, IDE support, No device removal error (but slow usb speed after sleep), and supposedly fix UUID error 35 (please let me know if you do have this error with this new mkext)

Extensions.mkext_GA_EP45_UD3R_April_10_2009.zip

don't forget to set the good audio input/output in system preference after this

ABSOLUTELY NO MODIFICATION NEEDED IN THE S/L/E folder

(so if you did modify some things reinstall the original kext with kexthelper or similar program, and remove the extra kext, ie RealtekR1000)

if you lost or didn't backup the original ones (10.5.6 only), here are a few that you probably have replaced:

original_10.5.6.zip

--------

This is the content of those mkext:

GA_EP45_UD3R_April_9_2009_need_to_be_converted_into_mkext_for_full_support.zip

if not in the mkext format, local network and IDE won't work

everything else work from the extra folder (yeah sound now works from /extra, I found other kext today)

so if there are local network issues, download this packadge

drag Realtek kext into S/L/E

and JmicronATA in S/L/E if you need IDE

copy everything else in Extra/Extensions

(remove jmicronata and Realtek from the extra/extensions)

well almost

I too don't have DL disk, so it's extracted on a partition

what you need is a working MacOS to start with, and use the restore feature

first you need to convert the iso into a DMG again with disk utility

then you need to do a "scan for restore on the dmg

finally you'll be able to restore the dmg onto a 8GB (minimum) partition formated as a Mac OS Extended

But there's a lot of chance that you can do it on a Fat32 partition, but I'm not sure

so from windows extract the iso onto a 8GB partition (fat32) using winrar for example

then use a boot132 CD to boot onto that partition

(when you get to where you type "the number" 80, 81 or 82 ...etc, try them all until you see the partition name )

I don't have any firewire drive so I can't really help you, sorry

Firewire (400 or 800) is always better than USB2, but you might have to use USB in that case.

look around it's probably a matter of finding a modified kext...

don't sleep the machine with the hard drive connected...

you need to eject it first (no need to physically disconnect it, just software unmount is good)

I don't know if this problem exist with firewire...

Why not? Is it gonna harm the hard drive? I have no problem without ejecting hard drive, and sleep works

there's no install folder, no setup option displayed on a nice GUI

chameleon is mostly just a boot file at the root of the OSX partition

the chameleon setup option is actually this Extra folder, your boot option will be in

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

and the extensions in /Extra/Extensions/ or Extensions.mkext in /Extra/

and other upcoming graphical option for the boot selection (multiple OSX instal or along with windows, linux ...)

-----------------

-----

TESTING STILL NEEDED:

(well just for local networking, I know that everything else works)

edit:good new: after 20min shared folder still accessible form other hackintosh (I remember the problem occured in less than 5min, so I consider this working)

needs testing from other windows machine to see if shared folder are still accessible

EDIT 2:you need to add the "-f" flag during boot to have full networking support

OR what I did, edit the com.apple.Boot.plist file in the Extra folder to add

<key>-f</key>

<string></string>

but it should be THE (almost :P ) PERFECT SETUP for our board

you need chameleon 2 (no guaranty with chameleon 1.0.x, but will most likely work too)

in the Extra folder remove the Extensions folder

and Extensions.mkext if there's one...

and drag this file in the /Extra folder

With IDE support:

Extensions.mkext_GA_EP45_UD3R_April_9_2009.zip

withOUT IDE support:

Extensions.mkext_NO_IDE_GA_EP45_UD3R_April_9_2009.zip

don't forget to set the good audio input/output in system preference after this

ABSOLUTELY NO MODIFICATION NEEDED IN THE S/L/E folder

(so if you did modify some things reinstall the original kext with kexthelper or similar program, and remove the extra kext, ie RealtekR1000)

if you lost or didn't backup the original ones (10.5.6 only), here are a few that you probably have replaced:

original_10.5.6.zip

--------

This is the content of those mkext:

GA_EP45_UD3R_April_9_2009_need_to_be_converted_into_mkext_for_full_support.zip

if not in the mkext format, local network and IDE won't work

everything else work from the extra folder (yeah sound now works from /extra, I found other kext today)

so if there are local network issues, download this packadge

drag Realtek kext into S/L/E

and JmicronATA in S/L/E if you need IDE

copy everything else in Extra/Extensions

(remove jmicronata and Realtek from the extra/extensions)

Eliade - Thank you very much. :)

Just in time as I was re-doing my install with Chameleon 2!!

The mkext package works great!!! Now I have no custom kexts in S/L/E.

thanks a million and this IS the almost perfect setup for UD3R :)

I will keep testing to see if there are any quirks.

Why not? Is it gonna harm the hard drive? I have no problem without ejecting hard drive, and sleep works

because with USB storage device (HDD or Flash), after you wake up the machine, you'll see you drive for 2sec then it will hide and show up a seconde later... along with a "nice" device removal warning, saying that the drive has not been disconected properly, which yes it could harm the hard drive, in the sence that you may get corrupted data, (I don't think it will physically harm the hard drive, just corrupted data)

Eliade - Thank you very much. :)

Just in time as I was re-doing my install with Chameleon 2!!

The mkext package works great!!! Now I have no custom kexts in S/L/E.

thanks a million and this IS the almost perfect setup for UD3R :)

I will keep testing to see if there are any quirks.

yeah so the only remaining issue (at least for me), is what I wrote just above, about the removal warning issue. the workaround would be an icon in the dock that eject those drives first, and be sure they are eject, then sleep...