NEW INSTALL: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

skx

768 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Thanks to everybody in this thread for providing so much great info about the GA-EP45-UD3R. I've been reading over many of the posts in this thread, but I am still having issues.

First, my setup:

GA-EP45-UD3R

Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz E8400

4GB DDR2 800 (G.Skill)

Asus EN8400GGS Silent

2 HD (one SATA, one IDE)

Pioneer SATA DVD drive

I've been working for the last day or so on getting a vanilla install (actual retail DVD, not burned) using BOOT-132. I've tried very many kext combinations, but most go right to the "restart now" screen when the retail disk boots. I have a few combinations that get to the grey apple logo with the spinning wheel, and one combo gets to the leopard space background with a spinning color wheel. That is as far as I have gotten.

My Boot-132 disk is made from this method: Boot-132 Disc Maker

My BIOS is set to optimized default with the following changes: both ACHI settings turned on, and the boot device order changed.

What could be causing me to have different results than most people here? Any suggestions for even getting into the installer? I'm not worried about sound/LAN right now, I just want to make some progress with an install.

Could the HD's be an issue? Should I just disconnect the IDE drive? (although, I would rather install onto this drive, it is the smaller one)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I would disconnect the IDE or at least make sure that your boot132 has the Jmircon driver added to the image. Without the jmicron addon on the boot132 disk..OSX will not see the IDE drive as the IDE connector & Purple SATA ports (2) are on the jmicron sata controller chip.

If your trying to go as vanilla as possible I would ditch the IDE and stick with sata... One less thing to install, allthough the jmicron is pretty well supported now. However it is still one more thing that can get hosed in a osx update.

This thread is fantastic. Thank you everybody for the contributions. Without I would not be 95% complete ;)

My question is regarding "mic in". It does not work. I installed the 3 kext's which got the audio out working :) but no mic. I use kext helper .7 to install the kext's. I'm a noob at this. Did I miss something? Did I use the right app for installing the kext's correctly? Is there another kext for mic in?

And yes, my mic is plugged in correctly. Pink connecter :) And it works on my xp OS :) And I tried all the input settings in System Preferences :)

I would disconnect the IDE or at least make sure that your boot132 has the Jmircon driver added to the image. Without the jmicron addon on the boot132 disk..OSX will not see the IDE drive as the IDE connector & Purple SATA ports (2) are on the jmicron sata controller chip.

If your trying to go as vanilla as possible I would ditch the IDE and stick with sata... One less thing to install, allthough the jmicron is pretty well supported now. However it is still one more thing that can get hosed in a osx update.

That sounds like good advice. I'll try to get rid of the IDE at some point. For now it seems to be working pretty well with the jmicron driver.

I made a lot of progress last night and got leopard loaded with a boot-132 disc created with the slimbuild GUI. Tried both the munky and MacLoader methods for booting w/o the disc. No luck with either, MacLoader causes a kernel panic and with munky's method it seems to not be able to find the boot drive. I'll keep trying, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

I got the display and ethernet working with EFIStudio. Gonna try to get the kexts working instead so the system will be more upgrade friendly.

The next step is audio and trying to fix as many other bugs as I can. Once I get it all worked out I'm gonna try to write up a complete guide for my system.

This thread is fantastic. Thank you everybody for the contributions. Without I would not be 95% complete :)

My question is regarding "mic in". It does not work. I installed the 3 kext's which got the audio out working :) but no mic. I use kext helper .7 to install the kext's. I'm a noob at this. Did I miss something? Did I use the right app for installing the kext's correctly? Is there another kext for mic in?

And yes, my mic is plugged in correctly. Pink connecter :) And it works on my xp OS :) And I tried all the input settings in System Preferences :)

Can anybody help me out here? I have everything running except mic in. Does it even work? or did I miss something? I don't want to be banging my head against a wall if the kext's don't work. I would appreciated the help :)

Can anybody help me out here? I have everything running except mic in. Does it even work? or did I miss something? I don't want to be banging my head against a wall if the kext's don't work. I would appreciated the help :)

Did you change the input device to "Internal mic"?

I've read only couple of messages on this thread, so it might be a stupid answer.

Did you change the input device to "Internal mic"?

I've read only couple of messages on this thread, so it might be a stupid answer.

yes, that is the first thing I did. my mic is working on my USB web cam but not on the on board audio. I also change the configuration in system preferences.

any other ideas? again, is it working at all?

can someone help me i got osx running perfectly fully no problem whats so ever.

I need to install xp so i can program my fta reciever

I have a IDE HDD i plugged it in and i kept getting bsod disabled ahci still bsod.

if i were to get a sata hdd and set it up on another hdd will it still cause problems or should i reformat and split the hdd into 2 partitions?

hii..everybody..

im using this motherboard (ep45ud3r ver 1.1 bios f4), when i try to install retail version 10.5.4 (with original boot 132) success and finish, and the first booting, i get a massage. cannot boot chain please insert media. anyone help me??

my install method using cd boot 132 original, setting bios same as @Billabongo.

when i try this motherbord on iPC 10.5.6 (9.6.0 vanilla, smbios resolver, efi v9)

i get this xbench score

pictureyh.png

picturey.png

anyone can help, link boot 132 for GIGABYTE UD3R

sorry about my english :unsure::wacko:

spec:

intel E5200

GIGABYTE EP45UD3R V1.1 BIOS F4

ADATA VITESTA 800 2GB

SPARKLE 7300GT 128MB 128BIT

WDC 250 AAKS SATA

LITEON DVDRW SATA

CORSAIR HX620

Another success story here.

Of course I must thank everyone here for without all this fantastic information listed on this thread my success would never have happened.

I especially wish to thank Auzigog who without a doubt has the best How To for this motherboard. I used his guide to the letter and now have a working machine. Also need to mention weaksauce12's stuff, the Universal OSx86 Installer was so helpful.

skx, raggedjagged, Eliade, grindliner, bigpoppa206 and BillaBongo posts were also invaluable. Although, I really should say that everyone's posts were great and if you are going to be using this motherboard I highly recommend reading every single post before you start. I'm a noob and had to read and reread things just to understand what was going on, but with all this great info it ended up being a relatively easy install. My particulars were:

Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3R

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz (may overclock later)

Video Card: ASUS GeForce EN9400GT 512MB PCI Express

RAM: 2GB (2 x 1GB) Kingston PC2 6400 (will add more later)

HD: 1.5TB Seagate SATA

DVD: 20x Samsung DVD+/-R SATA

Other Add On Cards: Netgear GA311 PCI Gigabit Ethernet

Case & PSU: Antec Sonata case from an old Pentium based PC lying around the house, 380W PSU, (the PSU will be upgraded later)

Originally I was going to use an old IDE DVD burner and IDE HDs I have but eventually stuck with SATA which made things much easier (IMO). I have a number of real Macs (2 MacBooks, a Core2Duo iMac, a G4 Mac Mini) and so I had my Leopard DVD I bought to install Leopard (orig 10.5.0) on those machines and used that for the install on the hackintosh. Ethernet worked with no real issues, video too. I just put in "nVidia GeForce 9400 GT" in Universal OSx86 Installer and it seems to be working fine, but I'm not really sure if it truly is doing CI/QE.

Parking Lot issues:

• Still need to get audio going, not really concerned about this, I'll follow these audio instructions when I get around to it.

• Need to verify that video card is truly running CI/QE

• For some odd reason the screen saver keeps coming on even after I turned it off in System Preferences. If anyone has a thought on this one let me know.

• Need to run Xbench but did a quick and dirty testing of the machine (used Handbrake to encode for AppleTV (one of the key reasons for creating this machine) gave me outstanding results, literally half the encode time).

• Other odd thing is that I later installed an 2.5" Toshiba SATA 80GB drive and although it is working fine, it shows up as a device that can be ejected (i.e., like an external drive). Not sure why, no biggie but odd. I put it into SATA_3 (the 1.5TB HD is in SATA_0 while the DVD is in SATA_1). Maybe I should unplug the Toshiba and put it into SATA_2. These are of course the Yellow SATA and NOT the purple ones.

Other than those minor issues everything is working quite well. Also tried file sharing and that's working just fine. What can I say, I am pretty happy. :(

This thread is fantastic. Thank you everybody for the contributions. Without I would not be 95% complete :)

And yes, my mic is plugged in correctly. Pink connecter :P And it works on my xp OS :) And I tried all the input settings in System Preferences :)

Off the top of my head, the correct way to fix this would be get the correct device and vendor IDs and then patch the required vanilla files and use HDAEnabler. There used to be guy by the name of Taruga who had a site with an Audio patcher for lots of different machines.

Off the top of my head, the correct way to fix this would be get the correct device and vendor IDs and then patch the required vanilla files and use HDAEnabler. There used to be guy by the name of Taruga who had a site with an Audio patcher for lots of different machines.

Thanks. But since everybody on this thread has an ep-p45-ud3r i was wondering if someone has mic in working. If so, what kexts did they use? If not, at least im not alone :rolleyes:

I have a new issue. I reinstalled onto a new HDD, and I got a new wireless card. The instal went with out an issue. But Now I'm trying to get the Wi-fi card to work. I have drivers for it, but they say no device is found. When I look under PCI in system profilier it says I have no PCI cards. Do I need to install it to a special slot, or do I need a PCI extention?

Parking Lot issues:
  • For some odd reason the screen saver keeps coming on even after I turned it off in System Preferences. If anyone has a thought on this one let me know.

Found an answer to the screen saver issue and just wanted to link it here in case others have the same problem during installs with this motherboard.

Yes, weaksauce12 creator of the Universal OSx86 Installer program that is so helpful has a small "ScreenSaver Fix app" here

Thanks. But since everybody on this thread has an ep-p45-ud3r i was wondering if someone has mic in working. If so, what kexts did they use? If not, at least im not alone :D

yeah mine is working well I use it with skype

use the kext posted on the very first post of this thread

then in the control panel set the good input, I set mine to "internal Mic"

yeah mine is working well I use it with skype

use the kext posted on the very first post of this thread

then in the control panel set the good input, I set mine to "internal Mic"

thanks for the reply. I used those 3 kexts from the very first post and the mic in still doesn't work. Very Strange. I wonder what is different from my setup. I do have a Logic Web Cam with a usb mic on it that works. I did try all mic settings in the preference section. Only the web cam works. I wonder if there is some sort of conflict.

I have a new issue. I reinstalled onto a new HDD, and I got a new wireless card. The instal went with out an issue. But Now I'm trying to get the Wi-fi card to work. I have drivers for it, but they say no device is found. When I look under PCI in system profilier it says I have no PCI cards. Do I need to install it to a special slot, or do I need a PCI extention?

Devices added to a Hackintosh are not automatically added as they might be with a real Mac. If you open up the terminal and type lspci -nn you can find all the IDs for the devices on your system. With the system IDs it might be possible to add that ID to the proper kext in order to get the system to recognize your new Wi-Fi card. While this is not a definitive answer to fix your problem, I'm trying to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

thanks for the reply. I used those 3 kexts from the very first post and the mic in still doesn't work. Very Strange. I wonder what is different from my setup. I do have a Logic Web Cam with a usb mic on it that works. I did try all mic settings in the preference section. Only the web cam works. I wonder if there is some sort of conflict.

that webcam has a separate plug for the microphone , or does everything go through the usb?

if sound goes through the usb I would get another microphone...

otherwise

did you double check the microphone jack is in the pink input !

if so, then it may be in the way you are using those kext

on my setup I have all those kext the related to sound installed in the S/L/E folder (using kext helper)

(actually all my kext are in S/L/E)

that webcam has a separate plug for the microphone , or does everything go through the usb?

if sound goes through the usb I would get another microphone...

otherwise

did you double check the microphone jack is in the pink input !

if so, then it may be in the way you are using those kext

on my setup I have all those kext the related to sound installed in the S/L/E folder (using kext helper)

(actually all my kext are in S/L/E)

Devices added to a Hackintosh are not automatically added as they might be with a real Mac. If you open up the terminal and type lspci -nn you can find all the IDs for the devices on your system. With the system IDs it might be possible to add that ID to the proper kext in order to get the system to recognize your new Wi-Fi card. While this is not a definitive answer to fix your problem, I'm trying to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

I found the ID (1814:0301), but what kext do I add it to, and how for that matter?

EDIT: I added it to the wireless kext using the wireless directions on the wiki. I think (I added 0301) but I think it turns out that my card isn't supported. I'll have to see the version later.

Could someone give me some insight on this? I started a new topic, just having trouble getting osx to boot on this board.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1110081

Thanks!

I know this may sound crazy but read this topic from the very beginning

you'll find all the info to get a 99.9% working system

as for kext

get the sound from the first post, its in my opinion the best you'll find for this board

get jmicronATA if you have IDE device from the first post (and nowhere else, I fixed this version myself)

and somewhere in this topic you'll find a package of kexts I put together

but read from the beginning and you'll understand a lot about this specific hackintosh

what works and what doesn't (very minor things)

good luck

Thanks to all (and in a special way to Eliade) I have my Hacky up and running (specs as in the sign).

glad I could help

it's nice too know especially after the time I've spend into that :)

I have the EP45-UD3R with iPC 10.5.6 installed. I can't get the audio working at all. I installed the kext files at the start of this thread using osx86 Tools. Still nothing. There aren't any output devices detected. Please help me!

Thanks