The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

I have a 9500GT in my machine and wondering about the benefits of adding the efi string vs. just using an injector like netkas ATY_INIT?

The ATY_INIT is working fine and I am curious if I will see better performance/compatibility with using just the efi string.

I have a 9500GT in my machine and wondering about the benefits of adding the efi string vs. just using an injector like netkas ATY_INIT?

The ATY_INIT is working fine and I am curious if I will see better performance/compatibility with using just the efi string.

Injectors and EFI-String are nothing more than an initiator of the video drivers to the GPU. Nothing more than that. Thus there is no influence on their performance in runner, but rather on startup (boot) of MacOSX (EFI is always more efficient).

As for compatibility, in both cases (EFI or injector) basically will be NVCAP will dictate the rule.

Worked perfect for me and installed it on 10.5.8 without any issues. Just hoping for a method to find to upgrade to Snow Leopard tried the available SNOWOSX Universal v3.5 distro the installation completes but the PC remains stuck on the Apple Logo after booting into Snow Leopard.

Great! How about dual or triple display using hdmi as well?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to test multiple displays and I don't have HDMI on my particular 9500 GT. Rotation works perfectly in any case. Good luck testing yours!

What about snow leopard? Does 9500GT work? How?

thanks

;) Hey Marionez! Your NVCAP worked like a charm using the usual procedure (generating the EFI string with OSX86 Tools, and writing to com.apple.Boot.plist). It seems that, based on postings in this topic, that the NVCAP is identical for several 9500 GT makes/models.

Does anyone here know a NVCap for 9500GT 512Mb, DVI-VGA? I couldn't find any...

And another thing, i don't know how to reboot with -x -v -f, how do I do that?

Thanks! =)

One more thing, I only watch some rmvb movies and use the internet on my computer, is it a big loss don't have QE/CI enabled? Will RMVB movies be better ewith QE/CI enabled? Thanks! =)

PS: Sorry for my english... I'm Brazilian =)

im running this card on an gigabyte p35-ds3p and its working 100% with ideneb v1.6 10.5.8.

here are my xbench results

Quartz Graphics Test 173.12

Line 150.19 10.00 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 211.14 63.04 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 176.20 14.36 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 164.43 4.15 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 174.49 10.92 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 155.17

Spinning Squares 155.17 196.85 frames/sec

User Interface Test 269.48

Elements 269.48 1.24 Krefresh/sec

Will your driver give me better results?

thanks!

it works now.

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (1GB) dual DVi

First i installed leopard 10.5.6 from retail dvd.

then with OSx86Tools, i added EFI Strings and enabled Quartz GL... then i restarted the computer and i got both monitors working.

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0640

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

DELL E207WFP:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

DELL E207WFP:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

i installed all the updates and it is working like brand new Mac :thumbsup_anim:

in case someone has the same card you may try the file i have uploaded.

ps.

the only problem that i have now is that when the computer goes on the sleep mode, it wont come back... i have to power it off than turn it back on.

anyone knows how to solve this problem?

thanks

com.apple.Boot.zip

I get this error after hitting "Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist":

AppleScript Error

/bin/sh: /Applications/OSx86: No such file or directory (127)

iDeneb 10.5.6

edit: I was able to copy it manually. Still doesn't work. System Profiler says "I Can Has Model?" for the name

I can get 1920x1080 to work, but not CI/QE

it works now.

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (1GB) dual DVi

Hi Beratgashi,

I have the EVGA nVidia 9500GT 1GB PCIE which I just installed. Everything seems to be working fine (CI/QE) but performance doesn't seem quite as expected when benchmarking with xbench.

Have you had a chance to test it out in xbench? Geekbench crashes my vanilla snow leopard every single time I boot it up.

Results 83.55

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.6.1 (10B504)

Physical RAM 4096 MB

Model MacPro3,1

Drive Type SAMSUNG HD501LJ SAMSUNG HD501LJ

Quartz Graphics Test 131.57

Line 142.08 9.46 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 130.75 39.04 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 183.19 14.93 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 87.46 2.21 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 155.67 9.74 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 61.21

Spinning Squares 61.21 77.64 frames/sec

Also, it doesn't display CI/QE enabled in the about mac/more info panels. However, processes that use CI seem to work fine and I enabled QE manually via terminal (since it wouldn't work via osx tools.). Any suggetsions on how to get it to display in the about mac/ info panel?

I've had no problems with the sleep though.

Using your boot file doesn't make a difference, so I went back to using my custom EFI file. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks

Hi Beratgashi,

I have the EVGA nVidia 9500GT 1GB PCIE which I just installed. Everything seems to be working fine (CI/QE) but performance doesn't seem quite as expected when benchmarking with xbench.

Have you had a chance to test it out in xbench? Geekbench crashes my vanilla snow leopard every single time I boot it up.

Results 83.55

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.6.1 (10B504)

Physical RAM 4096 MB

Model MacPro3,1

Drive Type SAMSUNG HD501LJ SAMSUNG HD501LJ

Quartz Graphics Test 131.57

Line 142.08 9.46 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 130.75 39.04 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 183.19 14.93 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 87.46 2.21 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 155.67 9.74 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 61.21

Spinning Squares 61.21 77.64 frames/sec

Also, it doesn't display CI/QE enabled in the about mac/more info panels. However, processes that use CI seem to work fine and I enabled QE manually via terminal (since it wouldn't work via osx tools.). Any suggetsions on how to get it to display in the about mac/ info panel?

I've had no problems with the sleep though.

Using your boot file doesn't make a difference, so I went back to using my custom EFI file. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks

How did you get it working on snow leopard? I have a vannila install but if i install a 1024mb kext that works in 10.5.8 on snow leopard i get a black screen on boot in 32 bit and nothing happens at all in 64 bit ;)

If you did it with an efi string can you give me a pointer or two?

Mines a gainward 9500gt but it has the same id's etc as yours from what i can work out.

cheers

Paul