The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

After almost 2 days testing thousands and thousands of options,

here it is! XFX nVidia GeForce 9500 GT - 512mb - VGA and DVI WORKING!

device id: 0x064010de

1) edit NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext with your device id (most are like mine)

2) Install Kexts

3) Download the hex file hereGeForce_9500_GT.zip (or create your own - above there's how to do it)

3) Add nVidia GeForce 9500 GT VGA-DVI.hex infos to apple.Boot.plist / or your created hex (EFIStudio)

4) Repair permissions

5) Reboot =D

QE/CI Enabled and All Resolutions Working =P

How did i create my hex?

- OSX86 Tools

- GFX Strings (Custom)

- name of card

- VRAM (512mb)

- NVCAP - BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA= (that's the secret!)

ps: when i used my NVCAP original, DVI didn't work!!! (got black screen)

Voila!

hope it helps!

How do I edit NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext with my device ID? ( 0x064010de)

How do I edit NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext with my device ID? ( 0x064010de)

you have to use the program Plist Edit Pro

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/deve...isteditpro.html

the kext files are in System/Library/Extensions folder.

right-click them and Show package contents.

Open theinfo.plist.

Ps: If you have 10.5.6 or higher, you don´t need any patches. Just add this hex file nVidia_GeForce_9500_GT_VGA_DVI.hex.zipto apple.boot.plist and restart your computer. You should have QE/CI and all resolutions working. Be careful using the DVI port, it has some bugs, like blue screen with changing resolutions or if you turn off your monitor... ;D

Hellooo Marioned,

I have a Asus EN9500GT, i understand in your guide that i need to find my videocard NVCAP.

I prepared a Bootable Dos USB PEN with Nvflash, but I don't know wich is the command/procedure to find my NVCAP number

I only know to make a bios backup you type: nvflash -b name.rom

Please help me to find the NVCAP

grazie, Thanks alll

bye

Peewee

Try reinstalling vanilla 10.5.8 kexts. You can do that extracting them from 10.5.8 combo update with pacifist and installing with kexthelper.

You would even try to "reset" removing the string from com.apple.boot.plist and rebooting in -x, and then start again.

ABOUT QE/CI on Snow Leopard:

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/quartz-extreme...n-snow-leopard/

Worked like a charm. Downloaded and installed the combo update. Restarted and bingo QE/CI enabled. Thanks!

Hello everybody,

Solution 2:

Before you install:
- Remove from /System/Library/Extension every nvidia injector you could have installed, if you've never installed one you're clean and ready to go.

- Put OSX86Tools to your desktop.

Howto get QE/CI enabled on XFX GeForce 9500 GT, let's start:

- Install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500gt(CLICK) with kexthelper (install kexts from Archive.zip)

- Clean everything with OSx86tools check all the options on main panel and run permission repair and clear extension kext

- Again on osx86tools

- Click on the button add efi string
- Click on gfx strings

- Choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- Enter your video card name "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"
- Enter your video card memory size "512MB"

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose custom

- enter NVCAP: "0400000000000100060000000000000700000000"

- Import String to Boot Editor

- Write com.apple.Boot.plist

- Reboot with -x -v -f

- Shutdown and boot

With this I get no blue screens and can play games but can't use DVI -> only VGA is possible.

With DVI I get a black screen when I start up my computer. Sleep is a problem because when i go back to the desktop my mouse isn't working. I also used another NVCAP from marionez but his NVCAP gives exactly the same

problems.

I'll try solution 2, do I have to delete all Nvinjectors kexts?

Device Information:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0640] (rev a1)

Needed:

- your specific 9500gt NVCAP (read how to obtain down this post)

- osx86tools

- OSx 10.5.6 or 10.5.7 running (not previous versions, 10.5.7 or at least 10.5.6 frameworks needed)

- Nvidia 2009 modified drivers: I attached on #33 (click to download) these are newer then 10.5.6 and older then 10.5.7, so those above 10.5.6 doesn't need those kexts

- kexthelper http://cheetha.net/

NOTE: those who are running latest 10.5.7 OSx don't need *any* kext driver installation, because they have latest nvidia driver available atm already native installed. So starts from the EFI string creation, as stated down this post.

=========================================================================

How to get your NVCAP (you can search the forum, anyway):

You have to get your specific nvidia video card ROM, something like this http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=246530

The software you need to obtain your NVIDIA rom file is nvflash and you can simple google for it, then you must boot in DOS, with a usbkey, or maybe in your windows partition, you save your *own* nvidia rom bios file (and this is the reason I didn't any one-click-install), then you give it to NVCAP MAKER and now you have the NVCAP string, you need this while creating the EFI string.

Reflector says: it's easier to use NVIDIA BIOS Editor to save the ROM instead of using NVflash though as it runs in windows

=========================================================================

Unneded:

- remove from /System/Library/Extension every nvidia injector (natit titan nvinjector nvdarwin etc etc) you could have installed, then remove /System/Library/Extension.mkext.

If you've never installed one you're clean and ready to go.

Howto get QE/CI enabled on 9500gt, let's start:

- ONLY for 10.5.6 (this is unneded for those with 10.5.7 and above) install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500gt(CLICK) with kexthelper

- clean everything with OSx86tools check all the options on main panel, run permission repair and clear extension kext

[those with 10.5.7 and ABOVE SL included starts HERE and they don't need any kext installation]

- again on osx86tools: click on the button add efi string

- click on gfx string

- choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- enter your video card name: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

- enter your video card memory size

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose custom

- enter *your* NVCAP

- import string to boot editor

- apply changes to com.apple.boot.plist

- reboot with -x -v -f

- shutdown and boot

You can even enable Quartz Extreme from the main panel of osx86tools "enable/disable quartz GL"

Snow Leopard removed the QE/CI notification in "About this mac", read this: http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/quartz-extreme...n-snow-leopard/

My Peak 9500GT 1GB with DVI TV-out and VGA connectors, has this NVCAP: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

So if you have the same GPU from Peak you can use it. Note, this NVCAP should even work with some other 9500GTs, read the thread about this.

Worked Perfectly with a 9500GT 512MB!

Thanks!

Sleep works, mouse works, changing resoluton works, and I can calibrate my monitor. 9I'm using VGA)

I didn't test DVi yet.

My Peak 9500GT 1GB with DVI TV-out and VGA connectors, has this NVCAP: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

So if you have the same GPU from Peak you can use it. Note, this NVCAP should even work with some other 9500GTs, read the thread about this.

I have this card and installed with the correct strings.

If I have one screen connected at boot, it starts up fine. Then I can connect my dual displays. If I start the OS with both connected, neither screens work! Is there any way to make both work from boot? It's a pain to have to disconnect every time I want to startup!

I have a Palit 9500GT 1GB with HDMI/DVI/VGA running on OSX 10.6

I installed the card, deleted previous EFI hex strings from com.apple.Boot.plist and it worked first time, without any problems. No QE/CI though. So used OSX86 tools to add the EFI string with my card's NVCAP string of 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000. No problems at all and no kernel panics so far.

I noticed that NVDANV50xx and the NVDAResman kexts already have the correct PCI ID entry for this card

Hello friends,

I'm peewee

I have a set:

iDeneb v 1.4 upgraded to osx 10.5.8 from the Apple Upgrade Management

MOBO: P5QL-EM (bios Juzzy modified) intel Quad-core q8200 4GB RAM

VIDEO: Asus EN9500GT

I Followed the steps to enable the Videocard to work but I have problems:

Now my com.apple.Boot.plist has the Efi string added like in your guide.

The Videocard only works without any NV..... kext but with no change resolution, no 3d acceleration.

If i put the NV... kext (es. typing -f on boot) I saw that the problem is the blue screen. I understood that it switchs from vga to DVI, but i want to use only to VGA. With a DVI to vga adapter (if you plug and replug) it come back to VGA.

MY question now are:

1. How can I fix the output only to VGA port?

2. How can I use the 3d acceleration to play games like (Raimbow six, or something like it)?

Thank you very much for work, Is a miracle. :)))))))

ciao

Peewee

Hello,

I am a bit new to this osx86 thing, but i got my system running, audio and ethernet working fine but the video card

doesn't seem to work.

I have a msi nx8600gt td256e

Does anybody know how to get this card running on osx, what kext or efi should i use?

i only get 1024x768 resolution.

I have an gigabyte GA-G31-EMS2L

intel dual core E5300

Thanx in advance...

Hallo Again,

I've a news

I Use an DVI to VGA adapter and I connect there a VGA monitor.

Now I understand That Everything's works also the change resolution and the 3d Acceleration for Games.

I would like the same can use the VGA only cause for now i don't ha any DVI monitor.

How can I do?

Ciao

Arrrg this really is bugging me.

I still can't get my card (eVGA 9500GT 1GB Dual-DVI) to work properly.

It shows up with 32MB VRAM in System Profiler, and QE/CI don't work.

I am using latest Chameleon (2.0-RC3) with PC EFI 10.5 on SL.

I tried everything here, have fiddled around with everything, re-installed SL multiple times now.

Please, please, if someone has any idea or even got the same card to work, please tell me how.

I am using 10.6.1 on EVGA 9500GT, System Profiler detected it without any problem and QE/CI are enabled, but I have some screen corruption issue.

In Dashboard, notice the frame of Stocks and calendar are blocks instead of texture, and the text are missing from the translator. Sometimes it will display correctly if the content is being updated:

screenshot20091104at123.png

There are no menu drop shadow in firefox until I mouseover the menu after right click.

screenshot20091104at123.png

I was using 10.5.6 before upgrading to Snow Leopard days ago, there were no screen corruption whatsoever.

Some background info:

Chameleon RC3 w/PC EFI 10.5

EVGA 9500GT 1GB ram

1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

For those with 9500GT in 10.6.1, does your dashboard display correctly all the time.

In Dashboard, notice the frame of Stocks and calendar are blocks instead of texture, and the text are missing from the translator. Sometimes it will display correctly if the content is being updated:

[...]

There are no menu drop shadow in firefox until I mouseover the menu after right click.

[...]

I was using 10.5.6 before upgrading to Snow Leopard days ago, there were no screen corruption whatsoever.

Are you sure these are related to the fact that you are running a Hackintosh? I updated to 10.6 on my Macbook Pro and had some weird issues, for example it switched to 'Single App Mode' and sometimes shadows of windows are not displayed correctly. (I don't use dashboard, so I didn't notice anything here)

I suppose that when you customize your Mac and then do an upgrade to SL some minor things may appear.

But maybe I am wrong and someone else can help you out.

BTW, does your card work flawlessly? I am thinking of installing 10.5 and then updating to get my card (same as yours) working on my Hackintosh, as it doesn't work really for the moment.

Are you sure these are related to the fact that you are running a Hackintosh? I updated to 10.6 on my Macbook Pro and had some weird issues, for example it switched to 'Single App Mode' and sometimes shadows of windows are not displayed correctly. (I don't use dashboard, so I didn't notice anything here)

I suppose that when you customize your Mac and then do an upgrade to SL some minor things may appear.

But maybe I am wrong and someone else can help you out.

Well, I suspect it is a driver related issue. It is kind of weird that 3D/QE/CI are working perfectly but these minor desktop rendering problems comes out.

BTW, does your card work flawlessly? I am thinking of installing 10.5 and then updating to get my card (same as yours) working on my Hackintosh, as it doesn't work really for the moment.

Yeah, it is working 100% perfectly with the driver provide from this thread.

Just wanted to share some of my experiences following the instructions in post 1. I was running a 7300 GT on a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L and decided to upgrade to an eVGA 9500 GT 1GB PCIe board. I used nvflash to ge† my NVCAP which was the same as most of the others: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000. Then used OSX86Tools to generate the plist and update com.apple.Boot.plist. My system came back after reboot but the Profiler still said that I had a 7300 GT. I checked the com.apple.Boot.plist file in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and it had been updated and was using the same hex as shown in OSX86Tools. :wacko: I was stumped.

After racking my brain trying to figure out what happened, I finally realized that there was a com.apple.Boot.plist file in the /Extras folder. Apparently, Chameleon uses this and was overriding the standard com.apple.Boot.plist file that OSX86Tools was updating! After removing the plist file in /Extras and rebooting, the Profiler now shows my graphics card as a 9500 GT - success! :) Everything (including quartz) working as it was with the 7300 GT.

Well, maybe only partially. Here's where I need some help: When I run XBench, my graphics scores are much lower than they were with the 7300 GT. I also ran OpenGL Extensions Viewer as someone else here had suggested. The scores are also lower than they should be (107 FPS for 2.1 at 1280x1024x32bpp). I'm running 10.5.8 with all the latest updates and no NVinjectors, or other kexts. Am I missing something? Or, should I just not worry about it?

I am using 10.6.1 on EVGA 9500GT, System Profiler detected it without any problem and QE/CI are enabled, but I have some screen corruption issue.

Same issue here.

Snow Leopard 10.6.1, XFX 9500 GT DVI-VGA card. 1920x1200 @ 60 hz.

Chameleon RC3

Only VGA works.

I tried to enable QuartzGL in OSX86tools, but there is an error message when I do so.

But I am sure QuartzGL is enabled since I am seeing those ripple effect when adding new widget in dashboard.

OK. I tell you, after several Snow Leopard reinstalls, what I found on my system:

- With GFX String from OSX86Tools (512 mb, DVI-VGA), I finally got DVI working with QE, no "white issues" in the Dashboard but a big problem with screen calibration: It does not respond to nothing (like Gamma correction). using VGA output everything works OK.

- If after a fresh install of SL Quartz is activated via OSX86Tools, no matter how is connected (VGA/DVI), "white issues" appears on the Dashboard and OSX86Tools gives me an error (same as yours I suppose) and you cannot deactivate it anymore.

As you said before, Quart Extreme is working (using with GFXString), but for me activating also QuartzGL in OSX86 takes me to white problem. This only happens in Snow Leopard.

I read somewhere Apple is modifying some errors related with Graphics Drivers and Color Sync in next 10.6.2 version.

Hope the above helps you in some way.

System: SL 10.6.1 - XFX 9500GT 512mb DVI-VGA