The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

Hi, Guilevv. I think you have two solutions for scape the blue screen. One of them is to use an adapter dvi to vga, and the other is to live the NVCAP in osx86 tools.

PD: You dont need to reinstall all the system. Only start with -x and you have the standard resolution.

I have an XFX 9500 GT with 1 GB RAM (only DDR2) and is low profile with VGA and DVI connectors. I'm running 10.5.7 using vanilla kernel with EFI strings. My setup works, except when I change display resolutions the screen goes black. I know I have a problem with my NVCAP. I'm using the PCWiz Universal Installer to generate the EFI strings.

- I tried generating a custom NVCAP using NVCAP Maker and an extract of my video card ROM. This just gives a black screen on boot. NVCAP was 0400000000000100060000000000000700000000

- If I pick VGA / DVI-I in the PCWiz installer then I can't change resolutions

Does anyone have another suggestions?

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much! :(:):D :D :D :D

I was ripping my hair out, trying to get this damn thing to work! I was almost ready to go out and get another GPU that would be natively supported. My current GPU is an EVGA 1024MB and your NVCAP worked beautifully with OSX86Tools.

I tried everything to get this to work using the OP's method but it just would not work for my Zotac 9500GT w/ DVI, HDMI, and Display Port. It would just not load the driver. I am running 10.5.7. I had the same NVCAP as the OP and created the EFI strings with OSx86 tools and edited the proper kext files with my device ID which was the same as the OP as well. It just would not want to work. i tried doing it in many different ways with repairing permissions and boot options and still got nowhere.

I finally gave up and found this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133989. I started from step 2 and it worked perfectly. Everything is fully supported now and I can finally run Plex.

Any ideas why the OP's method did not work? I see someone else in here got it working with the Zotac. It might have been a different version though since a few have different connectors.

I tried everything to get this to work using the OP's method but it just would not work for my Zotac 9500GT w/ DVI, HDMI, and Display Port. It would just not load the driver. I am running 10.5.7. I had the same NVCAP as the OP and created the EFI strings with OSx86 tools and edited the proper kext files with my device ID which was the same as the OP as well. It just would not want to work. i tried doing it in many different ways with repairing permissions and boot options and still got nowhere.

I finally gave up and found this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133989. I started from step 2 and it worked perfectly. Everything is fully supported now and I can finally run Plex.

Any ideas why the OP's method did not work? I see someone else in here got it working with the Zotac. It might have been a different version though since a few have different connectors.

Hi, New era, i have this problem, i install the retail version updated to 10.5.7, i have a motherboard Intel D945gcnl, install all the kext for this (including for the GMA integrated), but i have a 9500 GT, when i try to install this card with the EFI and OSX86 tools for first time, i finish with my screen in black, then i reinstall retail 10.5 updated again to 10.5.7 but this time i don't install kext for the graphics integrated, i try to install the Geforce card but i can't get it work, and i read in this post that you dont have to install nvidia 9000 series when you have 10.5.7, but in the post that you mencioned this is the step 2.

Please explain this to me, i try so meany other things but to do this more fast to read i dont mencioned, (nvcap, or without nvcap selecting vga/dvi, etc).

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi, I'm having the blue screen problems whenever i change the resolution, I put the nvcap in with osx86tools in the beginning to get it all working, and i've tried with dvi and using a vga to dvi adapter but the screen still stays blue until i restart. Hopefully theres a way to fix this? When i had 10.5.6 a while back and i used the drivers in the OP it worked, so what if i used those drivers?

Perfect guide! Thanx!!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents:

Club 3D nVidia GeForce 9500 GT PCIe 1x 512MB DVI/VGA

NVCAP: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

Every thing working CI/QE, etc. Vanilla OSX 10.5.8

It was a PAIN in the A.. to install stupid Windows XP to grab the ROM so if this can help, cheers!

with 10.5.7 retail full functionally, QE/Ci hardware acelerated, dual display full working, rotate full working, all resolution max is 1680x1050

generate string with OSx86Tools (i use ver 1.0.150) - Add EFI String - Gfx Strings - Choose Custom GeForce, write card name, choose VRAM dimension (512 MB i have), display output (VGA/DVI-I i choose) its the same because with System Preference u can change it. Copy the string generated and paste in the plist file!

I did the same, on a Optiplex GX620 with 9500 GT 1Gb. Works great! :rolleyes:

One question though.. Is there any way to get a resolution greater than 1680x1050? I know the card can do better because I have dual boot set up with WinXP and then can get a resolution of 2560x1600.

It didn't work for me. I got the NVCAP number after flashing, and then I used OSX86tools. Added string, GFX string, chose custom under display config, enter nvcap. My quartz extreme in apple is still unsupported. ]

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

1GB

NVCAP: 04000000000003000c0000000000000700000000

Anyone find a working method for GeForce 9500 GT 1gb?? I just need the NVCAP!

I used 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000 NVCAP from the forum below

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=139775

It seems to be the same NVCAP for various makes of 9500GT Cards. My EVGA 9500 GT is working just fine with this, Quartz Extreme and all.

i get the following error after hitting "Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist":

AppleScript Error

/bin/sh: /Applications/OSx86: No such file or directory (127)

What do I have to install or add so that the Efi string will be added to com.apple.Boot.plist`?

I'm gonna buy a new monitor in 1 week.

My actual monitor is a 19" (1440x900), and i'm gonna buy a 23" (1920x1080).

Will the resolution change automaticly??? Beacuse, I get a blue screen when I change the resolution manually.

I'm gonna buy a new monitor in 1 week.

My actual monitor is a 19" (1440x900), and i'm gonna buy a 23" (1920x1080).

Will the resolution change automaticly??? Beacuse, I get a blue screen when I change the resolution manually.

I had this kind of problem when my NVCAP was incorrect. So it was necessary to correct (try others) that worked ...