The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

Just finished installing and updating SL. My XFX 9500 GT 512MB works great, but I had to use the VGA port.

DSDT does the trick.

also works great with 10.5.8 :wacko:

Had you been able to use DVI/HDMI with 10.5.x, or did you always have to use VGA?

I've been putting off upgrading to SL, as it took a while for me to get my PNY 9500GT DVI output to work with 10.5.7, and I don't want to switch over to VGA output.

Any luck getting TV-OUT to work?

I am using 10.6.1 on EVGA 9500GT, System Profiler detected it without any problem and QE/CI are enabled, but I have some screen corruption issue.

Here i have the same problem with 10.6.2 did somebody find a solution yet?

I am using Chameleon RC3 w/PC EFI 10.5 and graphics enabled yes

without NVenabler(makes problems with sleep) and with NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext from 10.6.1 version

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have a Nvidia geforce 9500GT 1g video card that i need to get working properly... system is VERY sluggish when running full screen programs and seems to have difficulty when running more than one program... could anybody out there give me a detailed well written tutorial on how to get this working right? ive tried other tutorials but just cant understand wut people are saying, im a total noob when it comes to drivers and stuff in the Mac OS.

My system is a:

Compaq Presario SR1930NX

Dual Boot Win XP Pro and Kalyway Mac OSX 10.5.2

Intel P4 Single Core with Hyper Threading

2 gigs of ram

180gb samsung hdd (win xp pro)

320gb western digital hdd (50gigs Mac OSX, rest is win xp save data)

NVIDIA XFX GeForce 9500GT 1g video

Realtek HD audio (working)

Dont kno motherboard yet, will try to update if needed, right now system is working, just not performing very well

Any help apreciated, will update to 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 if needed...

in snow leopard use EFI Studio 1.1 and install 8600 GT , your video work like a charm,

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (Install With Scott Method)

Mobo = P5Q

VGA =9500Gt

Cpu = Q8400( Pci Efi 10.5)

Audio = AppleHDA

Lan= AttansicL1eEthernet.kext

i was install 10.6 and then upgrade it to 10.6.2 with scott method video tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

When i click on the "apply changes to com.apple.booot.plist" it saves it to the plist file but once i reboot, nothing has changed??

Would this be caused by me still using the CD to boot the Mac?

I have a Zotac 9500GT 1GB PCIE Card running 10.6

David

About artifact, I was wrong, I think the reason is that on Snow Leopard, you must NOT enable QuartzGL with osx86tools or with "sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver QuartzGLEnabled -boolean YES"

not doing that dashboard is clean.

so, you should edit:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

with a plist editor removing the string about the quartzgl enable boolean and your dashboard will be back and clean.

YEAHHHHH!!!!! This fixed the problem. At the beginning i tried to enable QuartzGL with osx86tools and that is why i had the problem with the corruption of the dashboard and the windows of firefox without shadows.

But after I edited /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist everything is working great again.

Marionez I am so thankful. :D

All the best

Hi i want to share my experience for the good of every body here.

Well this is my hardware configuration :

Osx86 distro: iPC osx86 10.5.6 DVD

MB: ASROCK 4CoreSata2

Bios: v1.9 (recent versions dident works with any other osx86 distro

Graphic Card: Nvidia 7600 GT 256Mb AGPx8

Chipset VIA

Kernel: Voodo 0.9.1

So for my graphic card i follow the steps from the 1st post

(i pick the NVDAReasman.kext file from the post but i use the NVDANV40Hal.kext included in the iPC DVD,

and no other driver was needed.. <said agpgart,nvinject,natit, titan..etc)

1-Search in google NVFLASH for Windows

2-Extract the zip file to some easy to find folder

3-Open the command shell

4-Navigate to the folder

cd FOLDERPATH <enter>

5-Tape :

nvflash --save anyname.rom

6-close the shell and copy the file to some USB drive

7-restart Macos

8-install / execute NVCAP Maker (included in the DVD)

9-Copy your string to the clipboard

10-Install / Open Osx86Tools

11- and..

- again on osx86tools: click on the button add efi string

- click on gfx string

- choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- enter your video card name: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

- enter your video card memory size

- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose custom

- enter *your* NVCAP

- import string to boot editor

(if you obtain some error like me, you can paste it manually into apple.com.Boot.plist using the command line and nano)

12-Remove from /System/Library/Extensions all the GeF*.kext and the NVD*.kext

13-Open the Profile Manager and obtain the deviceID of your Graphic card: mine was 0x02e0 at the end add 010e

14-and add it to the plist of the NVDAReasman.kext & NVDANV40Hal.kex that you are going to use

15-Copy to the extensions folders via Finder

16-With osx86 or the shell set 755 permissions to the new kext

17-repair permissions

18-clean your kext cache

19 reboot

20-After reboot enable QuartzExtreme via osx86tools and reboot

(but for now its not working for me, only QuartzGL)

i'll continue editing later

big thanks to the community

0400000000000300040000000000000700000000:

Chipset Model: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x02e0

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000 OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector:

NECCI MAE190W:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

hi again i've had a question

yours /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver looks like this?

bplist00Ó .[DisplaySets_CGSInterocitorSelectMode_QuartzGLEnabled¡¡ß ! "#$ % &'() !*+ )"( #-XRotation_UnmirroredWidthWOriginYWOriginXVActiveXIsStereoWIOFlags_Unmirrored

OriginYUDepth_UnmirroredOriginX_DisplayProductID_IODisplayLocationVHeight^U

nmirroredModeXMirrorIDUWidth_RefreshRate16.16_DisplayVendorID_DisplaySerial

NumberTModeTUnit_UnmirroredHeightXMirrored_StereoBlueLineSyncYDisplayID 

PP_ƒIOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@1/IOPCI2PCIBridge/display@0/NVDA,Display-B@1/NVDA/display0/AppleDisplay„<8iT 6HJLŠœ¤¬³¼ÄØÞò /8>Qcy~ƒ–Ÿ´¾ÀÃÅÆÈÊÍSVX]`af/g

I installed iatkos v7 and everything is running well so far. I'm told I need to have quartz extreme activated to run some applications, and I've tried a whole mess of options trying to figure this thing out, but no luck.

I've got a i7 920 processor, ad gigabyte ex58-udr3 board, and an asus 9500 gt GC. If anyone has had similar problems or a suggestion, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

lacasuela diff method is not that good... copy that plist on your home, edit using a plist editor and remove the string about quartzgl, then copy back in /Library/Preferences/

bigmike, consider that if you have nvidia driver running quartzgl comes already enabled on 10.6.x that's why you don't need to activate quartzgl as you had to do in 10.5

hi marionez thanks for reply

EDIT:

well right now i have my 7600 GT AGP working with all resolutions (until 1440x900@75) but nothing of "QE/CI" .

As i said i follow the 1st post step by step (i replace NVDV50HAL... by NVDV40Hal...) i insert the EFI string into com.apple.Boot.plist) . I only keep the (injectors?) NVDANV50Hal.kext NVDAResman.kext in ../Extensions folder

I enable via Osx86Tools the QuartzGL.... what else can i do?

Sorry I'm new in these things..

thanks again

When i click on the "apply changes to com.apple.booot.plist" it saves it to the plist file but once i reboot, nothing has changed??

Would this be caused by me still using the CD to boot the Mac?

I have a Zotac 9500GT 1GB PCIE Card running 10.6

David

im booting from hard disk

hello everybody,

i have Zotac Geforce 9400GT 512 actually installed, couldnt get it to work.

Have another gfx, Zotac Geforce 9500GT 1GB DualDVI .

Have updated iPC osx86 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 actually, so how can I install the geforce 9500 gt that right,

so that it wouldnt crash after install?

Hey I have a question?!

I currently have a 9800GT, on 64-bit 10.6.2 and it works perfectly!

If I buy a GTX 200 series card, will it work on 64-bit kernel? and Can I get my old 9800gt to work with it, I really want to get them both to work so I can use the 9800GT for a PhyX card on windows, but still have the two cards working on snow leopard, So I can have lots of graphics Processing resources, when virtualizing windows via parrallels/wmware

I really want to know soon, because if there is absolutely no way to get it to work I will sell my 9800gt, but I don't want to if I don't have to

Wow It does Work, only problem i had was that after i restarted i got a kernel panic and it didnt boot to my snow leopard HD, so i booted into my regular 10.5.8 Hard Drive and with the empire efi cd re-installed the bootloader onto the SL Hard drive reboot it and it worked, Thanks a bunch

thanks a lot pal

but I made some modification to get the system profiler read correctly as NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, which is after I installed NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2, I continue with the gfxutil method here http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?topic=222.0 so I can use EFI strings.

Hey guys! On my Intel Mac dual 2.66, my graphic card Nvidia 7300 GT has died and the screen is indistinguishable, thus I can't read anything on it.

A PC shop is offering a Zotac 9500 GT and said it's possible to get a driver for it on the net which I've found on this thread.

My question is, is it possible to install this driver remembering my screen is unreadable (Apple wanna charge me way too much for a new card).

Thanks so much in advance.

edihalow

The next time you write a topic with huge fonts you get a warning. No ifs, no buts. That is something I am not going to tolerate.

Also, do not post twice the same identical post in the same thread! You are really trying my patience.

I finally got it working. I have zotac 1GB 9500GT. I have SL 6.2

My card has 3 outputs: VGA, HDMI, and DVI. Here is what I did:

You have to use your VGA port. I made a mistake by using DVI. On my card, since DVI is the 3rd output, it will NEVER work. So, do not use DVI if that is the 3rd port. That is where I spent all my time: wasted.

I used VGA, and a DVI to HDMI interface, and everything is there.

My card is fully functional now.