The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

I tried to use the method of extraction NVFlash with a GF8600GT but not earned success (random screen freeze). And many hackers had discouraged me.

Now reading this thread I decided again test a newly acquired GF9500GT, AND REALLY PERFECTLY WORKS!

NVFlash extract

NVCAP: 04000000 00000100 06000000 00000007 00000000

HEX: BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

OK, I have tried the method in post #1, the 8600 GT method and the 9xxx drivers method. Each from clean installs. None of them worked for me. Rather oddly, the method in post#1 worked last week for a few days then stopped. I have since re-installed (iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6) a number of times.

I have decided to try the method in post #1 again. After deleting the NVinject drivers I installed on installation (installation wouldn't work even in safe mode with no drivers - with NVinject it started in safe mode) I installed the drivers mentioned and entered my NVCAP etc.

I still have to start in safe mode but my card (EN 9500 GT) is described correctly in About This Mac (as far as I can see).

I have noticed that at least one person on this thread has gotten this to work so it is possible. What am I doing wrong? Is this a driver issue? Or me being dumb issue?

I'll be very thorough so I can get some help getting QE working.

Graphics Card: PCIe Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB (w/ two DVI connections but only one in use)

Device ID: 0x0640

NVCAP: 04000000000003000c0000000000000700000000

Motherboard: Gigabyte P31-ES3G

Mac Os X: Leopard 10.5.7 [i used iATKOS v5i (Leopard 10.5.5) to install OSx86]

Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

When I customized at OSx86 installation I chose all of the Nvidia drivers, all of the Intel drivers, and the Graphics Update option.

My Extensions folder has the following relevant kexts:

GeForce.kext

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForce7xxxGLDriverPPC.bundle

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriverPPC.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGAPPC.plugin

GeForcePPC.kext

GeForceVADriver.bundle

GeForceVADriverPPC.bundle

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV40HalPPC.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAResmanPPC.kext

NVInjectGo.kext

NVkush.kext

NVSMU.kext

Titan.kext

(They might not all be relevant but I think most of those are. I also have a bunch of ATIRadeon kexts that I never specified to install. It must have come with the Combo 10.5.7 update.)

I just came off of a fresh installation of OSx86 because I crashed my last one by trying to get QE working. Can anyone tell me how I can get QE working with this setup?

marionez,

I edited my last post. Could you take a look at it again? It has a lot more information now. I'm just wondering if I have to do something with all of those kexts after or before I add the EFI strings. I'm getting OpenGL Support: Supported after I enable in OSX86Tools but it still says Quartz Extreme: Not Supported.

Well, I got my card working. I used a tutorial on the projectosx86.com website. All I had to do from a completely stock install of 10.5.7 with NVInjectGo.kext also installed was to modify three kext files. I modified NVDAN50Hal.kext and NVRedman.kext to have my device ID and I modified NVInjectGo.kext with my NVCAP, Device ID, and set whatever it was that was set to 6000 to 0 and now I have working QE. Which means I also can work on iWork and iLife now smoothly. This is a big mess though trying to figure it out.

Hi, guys

Im new in this forum and the world of mac

I installed iAtkos v5i successfully and all my hardware drivers setup is setup correctly

except for the video card 9500 gt, because I tried to download the driver you posted here but no luck

with rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/181308613/10.5.5.zip

so can anyone upload to another filehosting website like mediafire,files.to or filezzz.com

thnx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

thx for this thread. got asus en9600gt working on 10.5.6 update from old iAtkos install on a dell vostro 200. .. only trouble: this card needs a power supply, and it's outdated for this system *sniff* ah well, so far so good. great to see those "Supported" lines light up in the system profiler.

Hello

I have the XFX GT9500 512 connected to my 40" LCD, the only problem I am having now is it works only for VGA and I want to use the DVI-HDMI connection. I´ve tried so many options and getting very frustrated.

Any ideas to help me?

I don´t know how to get the NVCAP, what I did to make it work at least with the VGA was installing FrameWork, NVdia9000 and the 10.5.5 kext

My system is

Idenebe 10.5.7

AMD Pheno 9550

thanks in advance

Mussacredi

(...)

I don´t know how to get the NVCAP, what I did to make it work at least with the VGA was installing FrameWork,

I also have an NVIDIA 9500GT 512M with VGA/DVI fully functional, using an LCD 22"; Resolution to 1680x1050 in VGA; Need For Speed/Carbon dont work with DVI port, where other games work a nice....

Try:

NVFlash extract

NVCAP: 04000000 00000100 06000000 00000007 00000000

HEX: BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

Fantastic!

Simply perfect, followed everything on the guide on first post and everything was fine with mine VGA.

Mine is a ZOTAC GeForce 9500GT 512Mb.

So do you think that this is applicable to all graphics cards existing and future or not? It could be nice..

Thanks a lot!

The 10.5.7 retail know the 9500 GT as 9600 and works fine with all two displays attached, rotation working, QE/CI ok hardware acelerated

A good way is to make a strings for Chameleon 2 with OSX86 Tools --> Add Efi Strings -- clik "GFX Strings" up

choose Custom nvidia (secure that the version of OSXTools is 1.0.150

enter the name "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"

choose Vram (i have 512)

choose display output (i choose Vga/dvi-i but dont worry u can change it with System Preferences)

And now the string of card is ready,u can copy it and put in the plist file

with 10.5.7 retail full functionally, QE/Ci hardware acelerated, dual display full working, rotate full working, all resolution max is 1680x1050

generate string with OSx86Tools (i use ver 1.0.150) - Add EFI String - Gfx Strings - Choose Custom GeForce, write card name, choose VRAM dimension (512 MB i have), display output (VGA/DVI-I i choose) its the same because with System Preference u can change it. Copy the string generated and paste in the plist file!

after trying during more than one week with Nvinject.kext

i just got lucky and now it works with QE supported

using EFI string (create with OSXtool, new wcustom graphic card, add the myNVCAP)

I made an openmark Gcard Bench in case u wanna compare with your one

openmark can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m4gy91tsge0

I got a score of 24893 in 1152x8370x32

check my GC detection:

9400GT512:

Chipset Model: 9400GT512

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 9400GT512 OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 870 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

T201W:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

My Video Card doesn't support QE/CI... IS that really bad? I only use the computer to use the internet, listen to music and see some videos in .rmvb, so, is it really worth to do all that job to activate QE/CI? Will that inflict in the quality of a .rmvb file?

My Video Card doesn't support QE/CI... IS that really bad? I only use the computer to use the internet, listen to music and see some videos in .rmvb, so, is it really worth to do all that job to activate QE/CI? Will that inflict in the quality of a .rmvb file?

Withouth QE/CI I cannot watch Videos with VLC, cannot use Iweb09

And I suppose they are many other little pains.

if you have a 9400GT512 - It's sure that it would work!

I just spend More than One week for that, but it was new to me.

Personally I used EFI strings, which works perfect!

I can give you the procedure if you need

Withouth QE/CI I cannot watch Videos with VLC, cannot use Iweb09

And I suppose they are many other little pains.

if you have a 9400GT512 - It's sure that it would work!

I just spend More than One week for that, but it was new to me.

Personally I used EFI strings, which works perfect!

I can give you the procedure if you need

I have a XFX GeForce 9500GT...

I have two HD's in my computer, one with with Windows XP, and the other with Leopard 10.5.6. I noticed that the quality of movies in Windows is way better than the quality in Leopard, why does this happen? It's because of the QE/CI?

I can't change my monitor calibration too... What is a little wierd? What can it be?

Thanks! =D

I have a XFX GeForce 9500GT...

I have two HD's in my computer, one with with Windows XP, and the other with Leopard 10.5.6. I noticed that the quality of movies in Windows is way better than the quality in Leopard, why does this happen? It's because of the QE/CI?

I can't change my monitor calibration too... What is a little wierd? What can it be?

Thanks! =D

Yes it's because of the non right detection of your Gcard !

make a search in the forum, there is a big post about the 9500GT

you should find a lot of issues.

(but you could use OSXtool / EFI string with your own NVCAP)

Hello.

a few days ago i bought a Palit Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT (1gb) and tried all the steps I could find in this forum, EFI, NVCAP, placed device id in kext etc.. etc.., enables QuartzGL in OSX86 Tools but still Quartz Extreme not supported and Core Image on software. aaaaaahhhhhhh....(pulling my hair out)

I installed IPC 10.5.6.DL (updated to 10.5.7) I tried iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6)

Please, please, anyone. :(

Mainboard ECS P965

Thanks

Hi everybody,

it doesn't work here with a MSI 9500 GT (MSI N9500GT-MD512/D2), same nvcap as in first post (0400000000000300040000000000000700000000) on retail 10.5.7 : it first shows a light blue screen for more than 1 minute than desktop appears without QE/CI (enabling quarz gl doesn't change anything). Though it was fully working on 10.5.5 with usual driver (10.5.5 Open GL Framework, NVdarwin, NVIDIA 9000 Series Driver v2).

Any idea will be very appreciated !

Cheers.

Edit : finally got it working with "nvenabler", QE/CI working but still 2 minutes latency with light blue screen before starting

I've bought a PALIT (fanless) 9500 GT 512 DDRII. It has a DVI, VGA and HDMI. PLEASE HELP!!

1) How, oh how do i get my nvcap? I'v searched around for ages and have found no good guide.

2) Can this all be done with osx86tools? Do i need anything else if i'm running 10.5.7?

It's all making me feel a bit dizzy,

Hi to everyone, i have an asus en9500 GT and works with all ok, the problem is the performance for World of Warcraft; in windows i have nearly 80 fps with all on and the best resolution, and in Macos x (10.5.7) i have only near 25 fps in medium settings. Any help with this?

My mobo:

Asrock g31 mgs

dual core e5200

asus en9500 GT

Thanks in advance

I'm planning to buy a 23 inch monitor, actually I have an 19 inch.

When I change resolution in leopard, it goes to a blue screen, then I have to reinstall Mac all again...

When I install the 23 inch monitor, will the resolution change automatically to 1920x1080, or will I have to change it manually from 1420x900 to 1920x1080?

Thanks =)