RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

hi there!

I installed idened 1.4 with this wonderfull guuide and i have some questions!

1)MAc cant see my 2nd sata HDD who is full of movies and music.Its NTFS.3 partitions.Is there any solution?

2)I have microsoft mouse and intelli point mac isntalled and a program named steermouse.All settings to maximum speed but the mouse is still very very slow.Any fix for this?

3)i have a usb dolge bluetooth from msi.any driver?

thnsk for ur answers!

hi there!

I installed idened 1.4 with this wonderfull guuide and i have some questions!

1)MAc cant see my 2nd sata HDD who is full of movies and music.Its NTFS.3 partitions.Is there any solution?

2)I have microsoft mouse and intelli point mac isntalled and a program named steermouse.All settings to maximum speed but the mouse is still very very slow.Any fix for this?

3)i have a usb dolge bluetooth from msi.any driver?

thnsk for ur answers!

1. If your second HDD is SATA then you need to install the AppleviaATA driver from Post # 1

2. There is driver link on Post # 1 use that link to see for all the drivers

Hi there.

I am unable to get the esata external hard drive to show in disk utility.

All the internal sata drives show up, as well as the 2 pata ide drives.

So I must have the correct Marvell 88e6121 controller drivers installed to see those pata drives.

Any ideas?

Cheers

1. If your second HDD is SATA then you need to install the AppleviaATA driver from Post # 1

2. There is driver link on Post # 1 use that link to see for all the drivers

1)I have installed AppleviaAta driver from ur post.I have 2 hdd SATA.The first is the one that i installed Mac and vista dual boot(working just fine) and the second one has 3 partitions NTFS and no OS in it.I have installed too MACFUSE and NTFS-3g but they cant regognize the partitions of the HDD.Here is a photo so u ll understand better.

picture1trn.th.png

Any solution?

2)As for the mouse i have installed intellipoint driver from microsoft and steermouse and set it to maximum speed but it is still very very slow.can u send me a link for the fix cause i cant find it on post#1.Thnks!!

Success!

MAC OSX (IDeneb / iATKOS) ON ASUS P5Q-E (among others...)

Thank you so very much!

iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 on ASUS P5Q-E with a Geforce 9600 GT 512 works like a charm.

Here my notes:

- BIOS needed updating and AHCI set up for sata as per this article

- Had to customize the following during install:

NVinject 512MB, Marvell 88E8056 LAN driver, ACPI fix (and PS/2 keyboard), Shutdown/Restart Fix, EHCI USB handoff/sleep fix and the ICHxx fix.

However, this all could have been installed later, too.. iDeneb worked "out of the box" :D

- Post installation:

Sound: ADI AD2000B (link in article) and installed a Zydas WLAN driver as per your links.

What is not working is the IDE driver (Marvell ATA), even with the VIA driver.

Also: The Zydas WLAN driver as per your driver links) seems not to work but the one for Tiger (mentioned elsewhere in this forum) does.

BIG thanks again!

Andreas

Success!

Thank you so very much!

iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 on ASUS P5Q-E with a Geforce 9600 GT 512 works like a charm.

Here my notes:

- BIOS needed updating and AHCI set up for sata as per this article

- Had to customize the following during install:

NVinject 512MB, Marvell 88E8056 LAN driver, ACPI fix (and PS/2 keyboard), Shutdown/Restart Fix, EHCI USB handoff/sleep fix and the ICHxx fix.

However, this all could have been installed later, too.. iDeneb worked "out of the box" :huh:

- Post installation:

Sound: ADI AD2000B (link in article) and installed a Zydas WLAN driver as per your links.

What is not working is the IDE driver (Marvell ATA), even with the VIA driver.

Also: The Zydas WLAN driver as per your driver links) seems not to work but the one for Tiger (mentioned elsewhere in this forum) does.

BIG thanks again!

Andreas

Try this one.... First remove the existing AppleviaATA.kext from System > Library > Extension and then install the following driver using Kexthelpherb7

AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

NEW ATI DRIVERS HERE

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

thanks man , i just install iPC 10.5.6 and everything is working fine , great work!

intel quad 6600

asus P5Q

ATI 4850 1GB ram (working exelent with the new drivers)

sound working ( but 2 stereo channels only )

just 2 questions , with this mod bios i lost any important options in bios? or it works like the original bios?

and about the ethernet :) any news about a driver for this? or any project going on?

thanks again :D

thanks man , i just install iPC 10.5.6 and everything is working fine , great work!

intel quad 6600

asus P5Q

ATI 4850 1GB ram (working exelent with the new drivers)

sound working ( but 2 stereo channels only )

just 2 questions , with this mod bios i lost any important options in bios? or it works like the original bios?

and about the ethernet :( any news about a driver for this? or any project going on?

thanks again ;)

The bios is perfect.......

HAVE AN ASUS P5QL SE- with 4Gb ram/ Nvidia GT 9500

Installed iDeneb 10.5.6 v1.4 and had problems withe the acpi.kext

After a mode rom (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586) another try and perfect install.

Not everything is working.

Patch for my PS2 keyboard

Lan: works

Audio: is not working

Quartz Extreme is not working (needed for Latest iMovie)

further confidant. Beta Safari 4 will not install...

Does anybody have Shutdown and Sleep working on P5Q-E in 10.5.6?

iPC 10.5.6, 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel, VoodooPower.kext, Slice USB + IOPCIFamily kexts, plist for ICH10 and Yukon2, skge.kext, DSDT patch, ChameleonSM bootloader, P5Q-E w./ latest BIOS, P4 model 651.

Any ideas? OpenHaltRestart didn't work, it gets loaded but it doesn't make any difference, tried with and without VoodooPower.kext after I found out that it has it's own shutdown fix built-in. I don't have the 'restart after power loss' checkbox in the power saving settings either.

Apart from Shutdown and Sleep my Hackintosh is well, perfect.

Hi Robert and guys, i just installed ideneb and it works great but i am still having some issues. Please advise. Thanks

1) Only one core is shown as working on my E8400 :)

2) resolved the other issues !

MOBO - P5Q

GPU - 9800GT

CPU - E8400 3.0Ghz

Hi Robert and guys, i just installed ideneb and it works great but i am still having some issues. Please advise. Thanks

1) Only one core is shown as working on my E8400 :(

2) resolved the other issues !

MOBO - P5Q

GPU - 9800GT

CPU - E8400 3.0Ghz

I can answer this one!

Your 4 cores are being used but they are just not being shown in the system profiler. You can be sure that they are all working by running .../applications/utilities/activity monitor

Activity monitor will show you 4 activity meters for your cpu!

;)

also in applications like LogicAudio for OSx there is a cpu meter also and you can watch all of your 4 cores working hard!

hithank you for this wonderful post that makes me fix some problem..but i still have one with my intel quadcore cause ideneb reconize just one cor of the four how can i do to fix it??

please help meee

Gabriel

Do you know if this will work with the p5q pro? I have Ideneb 1.3 and have my bios modded with the 1406 version. I have the defaults loaded and set the sata controller to ahci. I get it to boot no problem into the installer and it installs ok. I'm using a sata liteon burner. When it goes to restart, I get ebios error xxxxxxx block 64. And it will not boot. Right now my drive is partitioned guid into two separate partitions. I had intentions on installing a retail dvd using either boot-132 method or imaging the retail dvd onto another partition and installing it using a boot patchstick created with syslinux and chameleon. I wasn't able to get the usb boot drive working. I have had success with kalyway 10.5.2 though it seems buggy and restarts require the kalyway dvd to be in to launch the boot loader, otherwise I will get the ebios error. It seems like it's a kext file that's not loaded properly with the chameleon boot loader though, I'm not sure what kext files are loaded with the kalyway disk. Any thoughts?

Mobo - Asus P5Q Pro - mod bios 1406

Ram - 6gb pc800

Processor - Intel q9400 @ 2.66

Video - evga Nvidia 9500gt 512mb

hi i have the same intel q9400 processor but ideneb doesn't see all of four core just one.

how about you ? it's works well or not?

Hey all,

I went through the process of the retail version. Updated to 10.5.6 using apple updates, everything is working great, however after I updated my Realtek 1200 audio no longer works! I have tried removing the kexts installed then reinstalling them using KextHelper. System preferences seems to see that there is built in audio, and iTunes plays audio but acts like its muted. Please PM me if you can help!

Thanks!

Hey all,

I went through the process of the retail version. Updated to 10.5.6 using apple updates, everything is working great, however after I updated my Realtek 1200 audio no longer works! I have tried removing the kexts installed then reinstalling them using KextHelper. System preferences seems to see that there is built in audio, and iTunes plays audio but acts like its muted. Please PM me if you can help!

Thanks!

You need to select System Preferences > Sound > Output > Internal Speakers

Hey RoberT_XeS and everyone !

Awesome guide !

I'm intending to instal os x (Ipc) on my sistem (P5Q) and before, I'd like to know the following:

- flashing bios thing: how risky it is? Will it anyhow affect on other OS installed (WIN Vista, Linux)?

- how's with compatibilitiy of my graphic card (ATI HD 4670)?

Best regards, Storzic

Hi All,

I have a system with all SATA hard drives and SATA DVD drive (no IDE).

P5Qc motherboard with 4gigs

Quad Q8200 CPU

Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

Realtek 8169 PCI ethernet board

I followed the directions in this post -- installed IDENEB 1.4 and then I installed 10.5.4 retail and updated to 10.5.6 and then ran software update.

I've attached a startup listing here: system.log.rtf

Ethernet and ALC1200 audio work great. The Nvidia card works fine. All four processors are being used (though "about this mac" still says "3.8 ghz unknown").

The only problem left is with restart and shutdown. The problem is the

same with IDENEB 1.4 as it is with the latest 10.5.6 retail (I have both partitions available).

I tried installing the v1.03 openhaltrestart.kext but it didn't

change anything on either IDENEB or retail version. It is still installed.

Note that I am booting the system from a syslinux USB keychain

from which I then select the MacOSX retail or IDENEB partition.

SHUTDOWN:

When I shutdown from MacOSX 10.5.6, the text (-v) shows it halts without errors but then the screen goes black and the system is still on.

RESTART:

When I select restart from MacOSX 10.5.6, if the USB keychain

has been removed, the system appears to halt -- the text (-v) shows it halts without error --

but then it sits there, with the fans on and with a black screen.

When I select restart from MacOSX 10.5.6, if the USB keychain

has NOT been removed, the system appears to halt -- the text (-v) shows it halts without error --

and then it sits there for 1.5 minutes with a black screen and then restarts. It seems like a timeout of some sort has occurred (just a guess).

SLEEP:

Sleep works great except if there is a USB keychain drive in the system -- then it won't sleep.

In the BIOS, I have the USB settings like this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=38471

Though I have also set the legacy USB to "auto" and it didn't change anything.

Any ideas?

SS

Hey RoberT_XeS and everyone !

Awesome guide !

I'm intending to instal os x (Ipc) on my sistem (P5Q) and before, I'd like to know the following:

- flashing bios thing: how risky it is? Will it anyhow affect on other OS installed (WIN Vista, Linux)?

- how's with compatibilitiy of my graphic card (ATI HD 4670)?

Best regards, Storzic

It will not affect anything

also drivers for ATI here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

Now there is LAN Driver available for Aetheros L1e

You can find ATL1E on:

* Desktop Motherboards

Asus P5Q

Asus P5Q-SE

Asus P5Q-SE/R

Asus P5Q Pro

Asus P5KPL-CM

* Laptops

Acer Aspire 6920G

Acer Aspire 8930

Asus EeePC 901, 1000 and 1000H

I have uploaded the driver in Post # 1

I have a P5Q and am still struggling with audio not working. Is there any foolproof way to make it work? When I open profiler it says no audio. I also have an issue when opening profiler, it says it had errors collecting data but individual items work fine, is this par for the course?

And last but not least, I bought the board to use with 8 drives. Is there any way to use and dedicate the Silicone image sata ports to a boot drive and optical device?

Thank you Robert and other contributors for all your help. Other than the small annoyances mentioned, my P5Q runs amazing, even the Atheros on board Lan!!!

I have a P5Q and am still struggling with audio not working. Is there any foolproof way to make it work? When I open profiler it says no audio. I also have an issue when opening profiler, it says it had errors collecting data but individual items work fine, is this par for the course?

And last but not least, I bought the board to use with 8 drives. Is there any way to use and dedicate the Silicone image sata ports to a boot drive and optical device?

Thank you Robert and other contributors for all your help. Other than the small annoyances mentioned, my P5Q runs amazing, even the Atheros on board Lan!!!

Have you tried to select to select

System Preferences > Sound > Output > Internal Speakers