Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

Finally worked with Leo4all 10.5.2 I need driver for Lan Ethernet so I can use internet. Also need driver for Sapphire HD 3650 512mb .

finally after 5 trys.....got it install w/leo4allv3 also need ethernet and video....resolution stays at 1024x768 and no audio. do i have to delete certain kexts?

Specs: E8400, ASUS P5Q Pro, 2GB DDR2 800, Geforce 9800GT.

thanks

I really need some help here, I'm trying to install any of the OSx86 Leopards on my machine with an ASUS P5Q-LE motherboard but with no luck.

No luck with iPC, Jas, iDeneb or XxX, they always stuck at the "/com.apple.Boot.Slist" not found problem, and I don't know if and how to update the images to make them boot correctly.

The only one that start booting after having updated the image is Kalyway 10.5.2, but after that I got stuck few seconds after the installation beging, here are three pictures of what I see

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0330092207.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0330092208.jpg

Just to let you know, my BIOS is updated with the MAC modded patch, AHCI is enabled, but no luck, please someone help me, I'm desperate.

My configuration is the one you see in my signature.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

finally after 5 trys.....got it install w/leo4allv3 also need ethernet and video....resolution stays at 1024x768 and no audio. do i have to delete certain kexts?

Specs: E8400, ASUS P5Q Pro, 2GB DDR2 800, Geforce 9800GT.

thanks

First delete the kexts AppleHDA.kext and ALCInject.kext from Finder>System >Library>Extentions

and then install the kects from the thread.....

After Installing the Kexts you need to select System Preferences > Sound > Output > Internal Speakers

Ethernet driver is also included in Post # 1.....ATL1E

For Video

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1008003

I really need some help here, I'm trying to install any of the OSx86 Leopards on my machine with an ASUS P5Q-LE motherboard but with no luck.

No luck with iPC, Jas, iDeneb or XxX, they always stuck at the "/com.apple.Boot.Slist" not found problem, and I don't know if and how to update the images to make them boot correctly.

The only one that start booting after having updated the image is Kalyway 10.5.2, but after that I got stuck few seconds after the installation beging, here are three pictures of what I see

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0330092207.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0330092208.jpg

Just to let you know, my BIOS is updated with the MAC modded patch, AHCI is enabled, but no luck, please someone help me, I'm desperate.

My configuration is the one you see in my signature.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

I am not able to see the images the link is broken

It does work. I have it working on my PQ5. I'm using iDeneb 1.4. Everything went good after I figured a couple things out. One very important thing that's not mentioned in the tutorial...that before installing iDeneb make sure the partition you install on is a "PRIMARY PARTITION".

I installed on an Extended Partition and it wiped my friggin' Windows XP install out! :(

Gotta really put that in there for instructions for noobs like me. I wasn't too mad...because the XP I had installed was relatively new anyways. I know that info is probably on the forums here somewhere but it really should be included in this tutorial. However I really do appreciate the hard work you have put into this tutorial...I suppose a fella can't think of everything.

Oh and iDeneb 1.4 supports ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro. It's listed as one of the drivers during install which is really and one less thing I had to deal with.

Now I gotta try to figure out getting my Retail Plus Wireless N usb adapter working. It's Atheros based.

System specs

PQ5 Motherboard

4 gigs DDR 2 RAM

500 gig Seagate

DVD R/W

Intel Core 2 Quad - Q8200@2.33GHz

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

hi all of u

my self Shakti and i need ur help. I want to Install Mac Os X in my PC.

My PC Configuration is ----

1- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83ghz

2- MSI P45 Platinum Motherboard

• Intel® P45+ICH10R

• Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC888/888T

- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing

- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec

- Meet Microsoft Vista Premium spce

- Supports VoIP Card (for ALC888T only)

• Supports PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111C

ICH10

3-XFX Nvidia Ge-force 8800Gt Graphic card

4-Seagat Barccuda 500Gb HDD

5-4GB Trancend Ram DDR2 800

6-Coolemaster Cosmos S cabinet

7-Tagan BZ1100 PSU

8-Sony DVD Rwiter

I need ur help guys. Plz suggest me which MAC OS X is suitable for my PC.

I need ur suggestion urgently.

I am waiting for ur reply.

sorry for my bad English.

My Email-shaktinaresh2010@yahoo.com

hi, im new here, just installed ideneb 10.5.5 and after i installed with all the options on the first post it crashes after a few seconds of booting the install, this is what im runnig

intel e7400 2.8ghz core2duo processor

asus P5QL motherboard

gforce 8400 video card

2 gig pny memory

western digital 160 gb sata hd

i also updated the bios from the first post and am using the version from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...136586&st=0 here.

since it is already installed do i have to load the bios bootloader and manualy load the ketx to try to fix these problems?

Hi shaktinaresh2010!

I used previously MSI, but i did not know install OSX.

Since then is new OSX BIOS update for motherboard.

Try in BIOS AHCI support on.

Try to install on SATA1 HDD.

Use PS2 Moues and PS2 keyboard, or use USB mouse and USB keyboard.

Since I was not able to install, sold and bought Asus PQ5 motherboard.

Hi remmi870!

Use you modified bios update?

I think osx can't know more Porcessor Core.

Try after boot from DVD with F8 and:

cpus=1

Or try to modified osx bios.

Try in BIOS AHCI support on.

Hey all,

I am very excited about installing osx86 on my new pc (delivered thursday) and I have been doing lots of reading but have some questions.

I have read lots about compatability just wondering how this machine will go:

CPU: q8200

mobo: P5Q3

RAM: TEAM 4gb 1333

HDD: Seagate Sata 320gb

WD Sata 500gb

GPU: ECS 1gb 9800GT

The wiki states that for the mobo i need a seatbelt.kext and a DTST(or something) patch... can someone clarify these?

I see this tutorial requires flashing the BIOS... I am not sure I want to do this... is it still stable? Do I have to do it? Will win XP still work ok?

If someone could guide me to a n00b explain of bootloaders that would be great..?

I am going to use iDeneb v1.4 

Thanks!

I using a half years ago OSX with modified bios, and i am not going back to windows!!!

Yes windows XP, Vista, SeVen will work with modified bios.

If you read carefully this tutorial, see you only 4 lines is modified in bios!!!

I use to new Chameleon bootloader, and work perfect.

Try to download from Chameleon website.

Chameleon-2.0-r431.pkg

Hi guys.

I'm trying to do an install as well, here's what I have :

Asus P5Q (plain)

Q9550

SATA DVD

IDE HD <--- installing on IDE, not SATA (which is why I have so much trouble finding someone having the same problems - everybody uses SATA)

I'm using IDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6).

I flashed JUZZI's mbios 1611, loaded defaults, set SATA to AHCI.

Installer boots from DVD, I see the IDE hard disk. Do an 'erase...' in Disk Utility, choose MacOS Extended(Journaled) - I'm not sharing the drive with another OS.

I tried picking the Marvell chipset driver for my IDE (and also NOT picking it, tried multiple installs, none worked).

Each time, the installer completes fine. When I reboot, the OS starts loading (I use -v), but I get stuck at "waiting for root device...".

Suggestions ?

Thanks.

Try to motherboard Fireware disable

Try to motherboard sound card disabled

Try to motherboard Network card disabled

Went in and disabled all three. Tried booting, got this (seems like it got a bit further, but still waiting for root device) :

post-289826-1239121695_thumb.jpg

I mentioned I selected the Marvell chipset from the available packages - I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't try and inject + set perms using the specific package for the Marvel IDE on the P5Q. I'm also downloading iATKOS_5i, if I don't get any further I might try that tonight.

EDIT: Just tried iATKOS, boots to the installer fine, but it doesn't see my IDE hard drive... bummer!

Also, am I right in simply going into Disk Utility and using "erase..." with MacOS Extended(journaled)", or should I be using some manual partitioning ?

Ideas are welcome, and thanks Fecso for the quick reply.

I think you have problem with USB initializing.

Please do not connect usb device, and try in bios all usb port off or automatical.

Try with PS2 mouse and keyboard, i think you will use PS2 and USB patchs in install.

Try only one element on motherboard on, and you can see what dos not boot!

(Fireware, sound, Network, USB)

I using a half years ago OSX with modified bios, and i am not going back to windows!!!

Yes windows XP, Vista, SeVen will work with modified bios.

If you read carefully this tutorial, see you only 4 lines is modified in bios!!!

I use to new Chameleon bootloader, and work perfect.

Try to download from Chameleon website.

Chameleon-2.0-r431.pkg

I am wondering what effect the modified bios has... can i revert as well? what is chameleon?

I think you have problem with USB initializing.

Please do not connect usb device, and try in bios all usb port off or automatical.

Try with PS2 mouse and keyboard, i think you will use PS2 and USB patchs in install.

Try only one element on motherboard on, and you can see what dos not boot!

(Fireware, sound, Network, USB)

Tried with all of the above turned off again (PS2 mouse and keyboard). Still not finding the root device.

post-289826-1239203317_thumb.jpg

At this point I'm thinking of just running out and buying a 250-300gig SATA drive... I have a feeling the IDE is the problem here.

Tried with all of the above turned off again (PS2 mouse and keyboard). Still not finding the root device.

post-289826-1239203317_thumb.jpg

At this point I'm thinking of just running out and buying a 250-300gig SATA drive... I have a feeling the IDE is the problem here.

Yes IDE is the problem.....

It is not that easy to install OSX on IDE....Even I used to look around many threads to find a solution for installing OSX on IDE...

You can just buy a IDE to SATA Converter and then try to install and it will wrok... The converter is very cheap you can buy it easily.....

Yes IDE is the problem.....

It is not that easy to install OSX on IDE....Even I used to look around many threads to find a solution for installing OSX on IDE...

You can just buy a IDE to SATA Converter and then try to install and it will wrok... The converter is very cheap you can buy it easily.....

Alright - I solved the problem.

The solution is very simple : Use the latest iPC 10.5.6 instead of iDeneb 1.4.

iPC has the appropriate drivers to setup the ICH10R that's on the P5Q motherboard. It doesn't even need you to be in AHCI mode, you can simply have the standard IDE. You can install from an IDE DVD drive on an IDE hard drive...

So Use iPC, and in the patches, select ICH10R, and also Marvell in the chipset section - you're good to go.

I have it installed, IDE hard drive & DVD, sound works, SATA works, ethernel (Atheros Gb) works... beautiful. I recommend iPC 10.5.6 to anyone who's using a P5Q in general - and especially if you're considering installing on IDE (and also FROM an IDE optical drive).

Now, if I can find working drivers for my 4870X2...

Thanks for everybody's input, much appreciated. Happy OSX86'ing!

Find attached my /extra/extensions folder that I use with 10.5.6 on ASUS P5Q-E.

I'll be editing and refining this post until I've reached my goal so if this info is useful to you be sure to check back once in a while.

If you are new to this hobby and your aim is to install and run vanilla 10.5.6, one approach is to install a 10.5.6 hackintosh distribution first (iPC 10.5.6 final is good) and then try to shave the patches off one by one until you can run all your patches from /extra and /extra/extensions. Once you get there you can then use the Chameleon 2.0 installer to format and prepare your EFI partition on a secondary GPT/HFS+J formatted hard drive, copy your patches there and go ahead and install retail on it.

And that's what this post is about. At present I'm done with the patches and waiting for new CPU, HDD and DVD drive to arrive in the mail.

I'm booting with Chameleon 2.0 into iPC 10.5.6 on a P4-651 with Voodoo 9.5.0.

My S/L/E folder is 100% vanilla - I've reinstalled the whole folder from my 10.5.6 retail DVD with Pacifist and everything is still working.

/EDIT - the ultimate test was running the 10.5.6 combo updater which I did today. It ran without incident and as expected everything is still working.

/EDIT - created a new partition on my existing OSX drive and restored my 10.5.6 retail DVD to it. Made a Chameleon Boot CD following the tutorial here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160234

Used it to boot into the retail partition and did a 'archive and install' of retail 10.5.6 on top of my existing installation. It still works.

I am now ready to install vanilla 10.5.6 on my P5Q-E and so are you if you use the files attached here. :)

The attached archive doesn't contain AppleDecrypt, Disabler.kext, neither PS2 fixes or video drivers - you'll have to add those yourself.

Of course you'll also have to make your own customized /extra/smbios.plist and /extra/com.apple.boot.plist.

It has the drive controller/Icon fix injectors that come with the Chameleon 2.0 installer with added ICH10R IDs

A patched AppleVIAATA.kext for Marvel 6121 (I don't know if this one has the +3GB RAM fix..it's easy to find if you need it)

HDA injector and fix for ADI2000B sound - thanks to THe KiNG, it's much better than AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.

AppleYukon2 fix for Marvell 88E8056 (that's the top LAN port) plus the kexts it depends on.

I haven't included skge.kext for the bottom LAN port as it seems to cause tons of 'family specific matching fails' errors on bootup.

I think there's something wrong with skge.kext, it has problems with how the 88E8001 is implemented on the P5Q-E or with 10.5.6.

I recommend disabling LAN2 in the BIOS if you don't need it.

If you don't want to disable it for good, at least make sure it's disabled during install to make sure that the 88E8056 gets installed as EN0. Post install you can add the time machine fix device property string to /extra/com.apple.boot.plist with OSX86Tools or EFI Studio, and then you can re-enable the 88E8001 and install skge.kext if you want to.

To boot retail on P5Q-E with an unpatched BIOS you'll need a patched DSDT.aml that (as a minimum) removes CPU aliases. You can easily make one under Windows (remember you can do this on any PC, you just need the BIOS file) with koalala's ACPIPatcher.

This means that (unless you want to patch your BIOS directly) you'll need to use a bootloader that supports loading DSDT.aml - such as Chameleon 2.0.

If you don't mind being dependent on a patched BIOS, you can use one by juzzi from here (covering almost all P5Q series boards):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136586

If you want to use the Vooodoo 9.5.0 kernel (because you have a Pentium 4, D or pre-Core Celeron CPU) you'll also need System and Seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5. I haven't included those in the archive.

The latest VoodooPower.kext from SuperHai gets speedstepping working as well. i haven't figured out yet how to get it working from /Extra/Extensions (or Extra/Extensions.mkext). If you know how to do it, please let me know.

I'm using an unpatched version 2001 BIOS at the moment and all settings are at the defaults except for the following:

Floppy Drive is disabled

SATA is set to AHCI

Front Panel Audio is set to AC97 (you can set it to HD audio if your front panel is HD)

Marvell 88E8001 (LAN2) disabled

Optional - disable the serial port if you don't need it.

Optional - disable the Marvell IDE if you have no PATA devices in your system

ASUS Drive Xpert and Express Gate are disabled (Express Gate only works with a PATA HDD attached to the Marvell controller, or if installed to a bootable USB stick/HDD.. I only have SATA drives)

Load Line Calibration and both Spread Spectrum options are disabled

Standby is set to S3 - default is Auto.

Another thing, if you're going to install iPC 10.5.6 on a P5Q-E with a P4 CPU to prepare for installing retail (there are probably not many people with this setup but still) you must disable Hyperthreading in the BIOS - iPC won't boot with HT enabled. You can safely enable it again post installation. If you're using a patched BIOS ignore the above.

It's a good idea to save the settings to one of the O.C. Profiles on the tools menu, on my board the BIOS will sometimes reset itself to the defaults when OSX crashes. So with the settings saved you can just restore them from the profile and reboot when this happens. If you get a kernel panic at the end of installation just before it's supposed to reboot it's not important, just press the reset button.

As I said, I'm using a P4 CPU in this board for now with the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel, so I don't know if there are additional patches needed when installing with a vanilla kernel...yet.

Chameleon 2.0 lets you load an alternative kernel from the /Extra folder with this in /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist: Key <Kernel> String <hd(X,Y)/Extra/mach_kernel.voodoo> Where X is your drive number and Y is your partition number where mach_kernel.voodoo is located.

/EDIT

iPC 10.5.6 is a good distro for the P5Q-E motherboard. Here are some tips for beginners.

First I have to say that if you're installing 10.5.6 on a drive with an existing Windows installation or if you want to install Windows on the same drive later, you're on your own. Please don't ask me any questions about that, I won't be able to help you. There's a whole sub-forum here called "Multi-booting and virtualization" dedicated to that topic.

If there's data on your hard drive that you're not prepared to live without, move it somewhere else because you'll need to format the drive.

Install Leopard on a separate hard drive. Format and partition the drive in HFS+ Journaled with GUID partition scheme, using Apple Disk Utility.

This app is on the install DVD and can be run before starting the install process. Disk Utility will not create NTFS partitions but if you need one on the drive, you can make a FAT32 partition and then convert it to NTFS later.

Burn the DVD at the slowest speed that burner and media will allow.

Make sure your SATA drives are connected to the RED plugs on the motherboard.

Boot with -v to see error messages and other important stuff.

If the DVD won't boot, check that your BIOS settings match the above and try to boot with CPUS=1

If booting from a PATA DVD drive, make sure it is jumpered and plugged in as master device.

If you have 3 GB RAM or more and get random kernel panics when using a PATA device during install, boot with maxmem=2048

If you're not using a patched BIOS, you must select a DSDT patch under customize on the install summary screen.

If you're using a Pentium 4 (or Pentium D CPU), disable HT and select the Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel and the seatbelt.kext fix.

Don't pick anything in the audio drivers section, none of the drivers on the DVD work with the P5Q-E's on-board audio. You can install working audio drivers from my archive later.

Don't pick any ICHx/SATA Icon fix. Post install, upgrade to the Chameleon 2.0 bootloader and use the AHCI injector kexts from there instead.

Don't pick the VIA chipset driver (it installs a modified AppleVIAATA.kext) although it would get the Marvell 88SE6121 PATA controller going. The driver will be installed in System/Library/Extensions and you don't want that. You want every single modification running from /Extra. Use the one in my archive after install.

Try your luck with graphics or, if troubleshooting, don't select anything and fix graphics later.

If you boot up to a blue screen with only the mouse pointer, if you have tearing issues or if your desktop disappears when changing resolution or when clicking 'detect displays', try the other output on your video card. I'm using the one closest to the motherboard.

Use a USB mouse and keyboard. The P5Q-E has only one PS2 port which means you would have to mix USB and PS2 input devices which is not recommended.

I'll make a more specific guide for installing retail on P5Q-E using a Chameleon 2.0 boot CD when my C2D E8500 arrives...it's én route from The States BY SHIP for almost two months now.

In the meantime, I hope someone finds this post useful.

To Robert: If you want, feel free to take anything from here and put it in your first post, or in your retail thread. Hope you don't mind me tagging along for the time being. I'll put up my finished guide in a separate thread when my new hardware gets here.

P5Q_E_10.5.6.zip

I'll make a more specific guide for installing retail on P5Q-E using a Chameleon 2.0 boot CD when my C2D E8500 arrives...it's én route from The States BY SHIP for almost two months now.

Does someone have the same for a P5Q pro card ?

Barnum

I'll be editing and refining this post until I've reached my goal so if this info is useful to you be sure to check back once in a while.

Attached File(s) zip.gif P5Q_E_10.5.6.zip ( 489.1K )

How do i install this/your Attached file driver list in/with my "iPC OSx86 10.5.6"

i want to install "iPC_OSx86.10.5.6 Universal_PPF5_Final"

my rig:

processor: Intel core 2 duo e8400 3ghz

Hard disk: 500gb SATA 2 Westrn Digital

Dvd-RW: Lite-On (its on IDE)

ram: Corsair 2gb ddr2 (2 x 1gb) 800mhz dual channel

vga: ATI 4670 512mb ddr3

mother board: Asus P5Q-E

I will be Dual booting iPC OSx86 & WinXP 64-bit

I want iPC OSx86 only for Video Editing in Final Cut Studio 2 & Adobe CS4 (After Effects & Preimere)

will Final Cut Studio 2 & Adobe CS4 master collection will work flawlessly on my PC??

NOTE:

This will be my 1st ever attempt to install OSx86 on my PC.