1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

Hello Luele!

The Sleep works for you?

Only 10 secounds works for me, then Leopard automatic coms back:(

Hallo Fecso,

strage thing: normally I d'ont use sleep. I tested it and the first time he woke up perfectly. The second time I use sleep he hang up and after restart he needs a long time to find all HDDs and sleep doesn't work. After the second restart sleep works and also didn't come back automaticly. Then I wrote a letter and send him to sleep - and wake him.

Perhaps a Problem with your case? I use a Coolermaster Centurion.

Or it's a bug from Bill Gates to promote his new Vista :( l

Luele

Hi,

i posted my problem here

i got an problem. I downloaded ideneb v1.4 and it didn´t works for me. So i downloaded v1.3 and now i can install it, but after installation it says :

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderclass....
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
Still waiting for root device
Still wating for root device... etc.

my specs :

Motherboard: Asus p5ql pro (northbridge p43, south ich10)

Cpu: Intel C2Q 9300

Graphik: Sapphire ATI Radeon 4870

Ram: 4GB Corsair

DVD: don´t know but IDE [Master]

HDD: Western Digital 250GB IDE [slave] // Samsung 500GB Sata

..i think thats all. audio and ethernet i don´t know at the moment

Leopard is on the 250GB IDE Drive, the Sata Drive is not attached at the moment. I´m on IDE mode not AHCI. If i change to AHCI it stops at a other point.

Anyone know how i can fix the problem? Please Help me, thanks =)

I read a lot of "still waiting for root device"-problems but i can´t fix my problem.

Anyone have ideas for troubleshooting? Please help

Hi,

I am trying to install ideneb 1.4 10.5.6. I followed the instruction.

Unfortunately, stuck at apple logo on first boot.

I've already tried three times but still don't get it.

This is my system :

-Intel E8400 (3.0Ghz)

-P5Q-E mobo

-2 x 2 GB (800Mhz) DDR2 RAM

-320GB WD HDD (SATA)

-DVD writer (SATA)

-Asus HD4850 (512MB) Graphic card

Plz someone help me to pass the Apple logo!

What should I choose in "customize" section before installation.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys!

My Pc specs are:

Asus P5Q-E

Intel E4300 1.8Ghz @ 3.3Ghz

2x2 G.Skill DDr2 @1066Mhz.

Nvidia 8600GTS 256Mb

DVD sata

SATA HDD 150 raptop

SATA HDD 320 WD

IDE HDD 250 WD

I have Ideneb 1.4 Distro Leopard Mac OSX 10.5.6 installed and all working properly.

I just wanna ask u if i update my system with the Default Apple software update to 10.5.7 i ll have any problems...?Cause if i have i dont want to try it cause i am not so good with mac and problems!

Is there any other update file to download for ideneb 1.4??

Thnks in advance for ur answers!!

Hi there,

First I would like to thank you for the work you've put into this tutorial and the ongoing help you've been giving people.

I'm running an asus p5ql-se motherboard and have run into some problems installing retail.

I've managed to get ideneb to run after many attempts, the options I needed to use where:

ich fix, sshe3 kernal.

Upon booting i needed to initially use platform=X86PC although I no longer seem to need it.

Now I did a recover of a retail image to another partition, but no matter what I try I can't boot it.

I just get a kernal panic with a stack trace of:

Apple.ACPIPlatform

Apple.RTC

com.apple.iohit.IOACPIFamily

Do you know what the cause of this is?

I should probably mention my download of the suggested 5.4 leopard image was going extremely slow so I'm attempting this with a 10.5 original dvd.

The first thing I noticed was that the installer package files have an extension of "pkg" rather than "mpkg".

I just replaced the OSInstaller.pkg with the OSInstaller.mpkg file.

I really appreciate any help you can give me with this

Hi there,

First I would like to thank you for the work you've put into this tutorial and the ongoing help you've been giving people.

I'm running an asus p5ql-se motherboard and have run into some problems installing retail.

I've managed to get ideneb to run after many attempts, the options I needed to use where:

ich fix, sshe3 kernal.

Upon booting i needed to initially use platform=X86PC although I no longer seem to need it.

Now I did a recover of a retail image to another partition, but no matter what I try I can't boot it.

I just get a kernal panic with a stack trace of:

Apple.ACPIPlatform

Apple.RTC

com.apple.iohit.IOACPIFamily

Do you know what the cause of this is?

I should probably mention my download of the suggested 5.4 leopard image was going extremely slow so I'm attempting this with a 10.5 original dvd.

The first thing I noticed was that the installer package files have an extension of "pkg" rather than "mpkg".

I just replaced the OSInstaller.pkg with the OSInstaller.mpkg file.

I really appreciate any help you can give me with this

Are you sure that the OSInstall.pkg was ther in this location

RETAIL IMAGE Partition > System > Installation > Packages.... ?

Boot using the USB Drive with the Boot 132 files.... Follow STEP 5: Creating a Bootable USB Flash Drive if you do not have one.......

Then select the partition in which you have loaded the Retail Image to intall Mac OS X..

Are you sure that the OSInstall.pkg was ther in this location

RETAIL IMAGE Partition > System > Installation > Packages.... ?

Boot using the USB Drive with the Boot 132 files.... Follow STEP 5: Creating a Bootable USB Flash Drive if you do not have one.......

Then select the partition in which you have loaded the Retail Image to intall Mac OS X..

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I definitely placed the OSInstaller.pkg in the right place.

I used the usb stick to choose my retail partion and boot with -v and I get a kernal panic.

I belive it's the same error that occurred while I was trying to install ideneb before selecting the sshe3 kernal(or whatever its called) and the ich patch.

Hi Robert months later my install is working fine, haven't worked up the courage to go to 10.5.7 yet though!

i am curious how you got the 4 gigs of ram to work okay without any fixes, if i install a 2nd 2 gig stick onto my P5QSE/R board the 2nd time through it won't boot up

i don't run any IDE devices and i believe it may be related to an IDE driver getting in the way of addressing the ram

can you help?

Hi Robert months later my install is working fine, haven't worked up the courage to go to 10.5.7 yet though!

i am curious how you got the 4 gigs of ram to work okay without any fixes, if i install a 2nd 2 gig stick onto my P5QSE/R board the 2nd time through it won't boot up

i don't run any IDE devices and i believe it may be related to an IDE driver getting in the way of addressing the ram

can you help?

I only have 2 Gigs of RAM now

Hi Robert,

I tried to install it with your tutorial, but I can't get the new system booting up.

After about 30 seconds of IO traffic, the startup freezes at this screen:

osx.th.jpg

I thought this has something to do with my graphic card, which is pretty up to date, a Nvidia 260 GTX with 896 MB RAM. Yesterday, a driver for this card was released, and they said, that you must startup your OSX with disconnected display cable.

I did that, waited 5 minutes, plugged it in again, and the same screen appears again.

I haven't installed any of the Kernels/Patches during installation...

Can you help me? (I am installing using iDeneb 1.4)

My System:

Asus P5Q

Intel Quad Core 2,5GHz (Q9300 i think)

4GB RAM

1x S-ATA 160GB

2x S-ATA DVD-Drives

Nvidia 260 GTX 896 MB

Best regards!

I only have 2 Gigs of RAM now

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127611

that thread solved my problem, the APPLEVIAATTA one i just installed using ox86tool, crossed my fingers, rebooted and hoped for the best

all works fine, seems to load programs a little faster.

I did notice however that restart and shutdown no longer work, (they used to work about 50% of the time depending what USB devices i had plugged in at the time)

after lots of reading i tried my luck with the 10.5.7 upgrade today.

used the delta upgrade, installed okay but had to reinstall the new sound drivers from the first post in this thread

problems at the moment are:

* no shut down

* no restart, sleep untested properly yet

* first page of about this mac --> more details is blank, bummer!

after a complete powerdown (unplugged) the machine won't restart unless i boot it in -v the second time around

i can't get a close enough look at the words flying by to see what exactly is causing it

i'll keep investigating but if anyones got any ideas i'd love to hear them

i was able to install and use my P5Q. All are working fine, except that sometimes when I start my PC or Hackintosh, the audio file won't load. I have to restart it so the sounds will load. Sometimes I need to reinstall the sound file. How could I stop that from happening?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Robert,

I tried to install it with your tutorial, but I can't get the new system booting up.

After about 30 seconds of IO traffic, the startup freezes at this screen:

osx.th.jpg

I thought this has something to do with my graphic card, which is pretty up to date, a Nvidia 260 GTX with 896 MB RAM. Yesterday, a driver for this card was released, and they said, that you must startup your OSX with disconnected display cable.

I did that, waited 5 minutes, plugged it in again, and the same screen appears again.

I haven't installed any of the Kernels/Patches during installation...

Can you help me? (I am installing using iDeneb 1.4)

My System:

Asus P5Q

Intel Quad Core 2,5GHz (Q9300 i think)

4GB RAM

1x S-ATA 160GB

2x S-ATA DVD-Drives

Nvidia 260 GTX 896 MB

Best regards!

Hey mate,

i have a similiar system, P5Q SE, Q6600, same GFX card and i get the same error. Me and my mate google have been trying to find an answer/fix, but no luck. We may have to do a reinstall or a bit of trial and error.

Good Luck.

Fixed mine...

at the boot thingo, type -s

then...

type

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -r GeForce.kext

sudo rm -r NVDANV40Hal.kext

sudo rm -r NVDANV50Hal.kext

sudo rm -r NVDAResman.kext

You will need to delete any injectors you used.

2. restart type -v -f

3. download/install

GT200 Drivers for Leopard: http://fileshare.in.ua/2058748

4. download/install

Netkas Universal Injector: http://netkas.org/?p=104 "Link to pkg" link

Hopefully that works for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have...

Asus P5Q-E

4870x2

Intel Q6700

4GB DDR2

And I managed to get Leopard installed just fine. The boot thing didn't show up so I got easybcd to get it so I could get the MacOSX thing where it says "hit key for custom commands (# of seconds till it boots)". When it goes to boot, I see the white Mac logo flashes in a second and then turn off. My system reboots, through BIOS, back to the boot option.

I tried using -v to see if I could get anything but it flys by extremely quick and restarts to do anything.

EDIT:

Took video of it, paused it just before it reboots - and it says Mac framework has successfully been initialized (or loaded) something like that. Nothing else under it.

Goodday,

I'm going to install Mac OS X Leopard retail on my P5Q PRO, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 and Asus Ati HD4850 1024MB, I have 2 320GB harddisks. I also want to dualboot with windows for my games. How can i do that? Must i first follow this guide or this one (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=320), than follow the guide to make the Ati HD4850 working? Must i first install windows and than Mac OS X or first Mac OS X and than Windows 7? Please help...? It would be great if someone can post for my an order to correctly install Mac OS X on my system.

first of all I would Like to THank Robert_xes. With out this post I will NEVER thought I can get my P5SE PLUS working.

I install using Ideneb 10.5.6

Iatkos did not work for me.

I also download the bios diver for my Mother Board. ( again tks to Robert_xes ) for the links

I had a hard time with the on board sound card. P5 SE PLUS users pls Download Voodoo HDA.Kext

I'm also using A Redeon Hd 4870. for this card users pls download

1) natit.Kext

2) Radeon_hd_48x0 driver.pkg

For Wireless I'm using Belkin, download Zydas1211-1215.zip

Happy searching...

OSX is very good to use. A lot better than Windows I must say.

once again Thank you Robert_Xes. for this GREAT POST!

hi all..problem: slow boot..

all in my pc works fine but i have a problem after upgrading from 10.5 to 10.5.7..

the boot become very slowly..

with 10.5, in the boot screen with apple, i could see the chargement symbol doing 2 or 3 360° and then leopard is ready..

after upgrading to 10.5.7 and installing ati kext for 4850, the start up become so slowly... the chargement symbol now show 15-16 360° before system is ready....

is it normal?

• 5 weeks later...

I know this has probably been discussed but...

How do i get my IDE DVD drive recognized?

i installed that VIAATA kext thing and that didnt work... what EXACTLY do i need to have enabled/disabled in bios?

i had it working previously but then i did an update from apple and it bricked my compy and i had to reformat and i dont know what i did

at this point, with the way the bios is setup now, the bios DOES see the drive, just not OS X

i'm running iDeneb 1.5.5

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I've been following this hackintosh revolution and I must say it is really interesting. However I am face with a problem which I am hoping you guys can help me with. Now I've downloaded iDeneb version 1.5 10.5.7, I've downloaded iATKOS v7 10.5.7 and iPC 10.5.6 all of which fail to run on my Laptop in one way or another. iDeneb and iATKOS both boot up from the DVD up to the point of the disk utility software but there is no hard drive to partition. As for iPC when I try to boot from the DVD I get a kernel panic soon after the apple logo appears. Is there anyway I can get this to run on my Laptop? Maybe editing some files or something?

Please note there is no settings to change in the BIOS........... IDE, SATA, Enhance Etc.

Here are my specs

HP Pavilion dv6917nr Notebook PC

CPU::

Number of CPU(s) One Physical Processor / 2 Cores / 2 Logical Processors / 64 bits

Vendor AuthenticAMD

CPU Full Name AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60

CPU Name AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

CPU Code Name Tyler

Technology 0.065µ

Platform Name Socket S1

Type Original OEM processor

FSB Mode HT

Type ID 0

CPU Clock 2000.20

L2 Cache Speed 2000.20 MHz

L2 Cache Speed Full

CPU Family / Model / Stepping F / 8 / 2

Brand ID 02

Cache 64 KB L1 I-Cache, 64 KB L1 D-Cache, 512 KB L2 Cache

Instructions MMX, MMX+, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNow!, 3DNow!+, AMD64, NX, MSR, AMD-V, PowerNow!

Architecture x86

Bios:

BIOS Version HPQOEM - 6040000

PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Ver 1.00PARTTBL~

Wifi:

Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter

Video:

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

Hard Drive:

Model Hitachi HTS542525K9A300

Interface IDE SATA-II

Size 250 GBytes

Audio:

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

Thanks for any help

I know this has probably been discussed but...

How do i get my IDE DVD drive recognized?

i installed that VIAATA kext thing and that didnt work... what EXACTLY do i need to have enabled/disabled in bios?

i had it working previously but then i did an update from apple and it bricked my compy and i had to reformat and i dont know what i did

at this point, with the way the bios is setup now, the bios DOES see the drive, just not OS X

i'm running iDeneb 1.5.5

Thanks!

Remove the kext and then install the kext using Kexthelper

well... how do i uninstall it? i was looking in system profiler and saw a section having to do with extensions and i didnt see anything that that looked like VIAATA. i know that i've installed it, using kext helper before, or at least used kext helper to install something. i guess i can try it again... its just that i could have sworn that i did that... can you think of any reason why it wouldnt be showing up in that list? i mean, i'm assuming that it would...

Hey, am trying to install iDeneb 1.3 on my P5Q-Pro. Attached is what I get when the DVD is loading, and the result is that when I get into the installer I can't mount any of the disks to format them / select them to install to.

I have the on-board nic disabled, and the modded bios installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-128219-1248766413_thumb.jpg