Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

Ok I finally got everything working on my cousin's PC.

Installed retail with the USB bootloader, updated to 10.5.2 via combo update. Then used apple's software update and updated everything with no problems up to 10.5.6. Then I was able to install the graphics drivers for 9800 GTX from PC whiz and enabled QE/CI with the NVinstaller. Also installed p45 sound drivers and the chameleon (with the Extra folder from the bootable USB)

Now my cousin's hackintosh is almost perfect. Only thing I noticed was that the system profiler displayed CPU clock as 3,8 GHz, though it should've been 2,4 GHz (but those are minor issues.)

Ports (except for motherboards LAN) and sleep are working perfectly.

Damn, my cousin's hack works better than my Mac Pro! My headset's mic works with his hack, but not with my Mac :S

Could the problem be Mac Pro's audio jacks? The headset uses two 3,5 mm jacks. One for line in, the other for line out.

Edit: Seems like the line in port doesn't work with any 3,5 mm mic jack. But the other port works for the mic and for the headphone jack. Now I just need to figure how to put 2 jacks in one hole ;)

unfortunately, my system still randomly freezes, but i think i found the reason.

I have 4 x 1 GB OCZ PC2 6400 rams. The freezes only occur if i put all 4 gigs into the motherboard. Everything works fine if i only use 2 of them.

I've tested all 4 memory modules using "Rember", and it didn't report any errors. The only thing noticeable is the ram timings:

2 of my rams have written 4-4-4-15 on the label, the other 2 only 4-4-4 ,without 15. I'm not familiar with the memory timing stuff.

In the bios, i've tried setting everything to Auto in the AI Tweaker panel, the freezes still occur. Also, i've tried setting the timings to 4-4-4-15, freezes still occur.

Does anyone have a hint what might cause a freeze if i use 4 gigs of ram instead of 2 ?

thanks !

XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2 with the modded BIOS and LSD_junkie's PPF1 (from The P***** Bay) installs flawlessly on a P5Q. I used the ATL1e ethernet driver Voodoo HDA driver and the Voodoo PS2. The only issue I had was my ps2 mouse diddn't work. So I bought a USB one. Sound and internet worked on first boot.

Install the drivers in my archive after installing the OS.

Download and install the Chameleon 2.0 bootloader, then place the files from my archive in /extra/extensions.

I've updated the 'guide' with more information.

How to make my Audio work???

how to install the kexts i have tried all kexts related to ADI AD2000b but in Preferences SOUND no device is detected....what am i doing wrong??

i have set my bios ADI AD2000b from HD Audio to AC97...

will bios HD Audio work or AC97???

i am using "XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2" as my OSX

i'm dual booting WinXp Pro Sp3 32-bit & OSX...

I have also installed your::

In the meantime, I hope someone finds this post useful.

Attached File(s) zip.gif P5Q_E_10.5.6.zip ( 489.1K )

everything is working Intenet & stuff...but sound not working...

plz do reply

thanks in advance...

Put all your RAM back in and boot with maxmem=2048

Open System Profiler, click Extensions and check if any ***ATA.kext are loaded.

Then read this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127611

I've put all my ram back in, but in the extensions part of the system profiler i can't find any kext like those mentioned in the thread you linked. The only ATA like thing is IOAHCISerialATAPI.

Should those kexts only appear if i use 4 gigs of ram or also without ?I have the jmicron controller disabled in my bios, maybe that's why it doesn't appear.

Yep, VoodooHDA works for the P5Q-E as well, but it's not 100% yet.

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...435.html#msg435

How to make my Audio work???

For the kexts in my P5Q-E archive to work you need unmodified AppleHDA.kext present in the extensions folder.

Open System Profiler and click extensions to see which kexts are loaded. Maybe something is causing a conflict.

What bootloader are you using and where have you put the kexts from my archive?

OK thanks to all the helpful people in this thread I have iPC up and running on my system. I have LAN and audio fully working, including front panel audio on my case (using HD audio as well).

However I still can't get graphics to go above 1024x768, it has no other option in display settings. Also if I move a window around I can no longer see the contents of it (be it program or browser) unless I right click on a blank space on the desktop. Does anyone know a workaround for this or is it just that the graphics card is not supported? I tried crating a custom nvida profile using Uinstaller but that crashed the distro so had to re-install again, doh!

my system:

mobo: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WifiAP /n

chip: Intel Q9400

Ram: OCZ Platinum DDR3

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 280

HD: Maxtor Sata 250gig

DVD-RW: LG GCW-20L

Also still no wireless, I don't know if this will ever be fixed. I do however have a tenda W302U N wireless usb dongle which I believe is the RT2870 chipset (ralink). Do USB wireless dongles work in iPC? Also if they do does anyone have a kext for that one :(

Mainboard P5Q Deluxe, "bios 2001-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X___VISTA_Slic_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi"

CPU Intel Q6600

RAM Dominator 1066MHz

GPU nVidia 8800 GT Zotac AMP!

HDD SATA Samsung 501JB

DVD-RW EIDE: Pioneer 111L

I've tried XXX and the iPC release 10.5.6 but it doesn't work!

I get "Still waiting root device"

Please, can you help me?

11052009198.th.jpg

Thank you.

I recommend the default one.........

Try AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Please download this driver those who are using 10.5.4 and 10.5.5...... It will definitely work......

Which OSX installation you are using?

If it is iDeneb then you need to select NVkush and select the Ram size according to the memory of your card. Only then you will get Hardware Support i.e Quartz Extreme support and resolution up to 1280 x 1024. This package is already there in the Mac OSX installtion you need to just select this while installing Mac.

You can also download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/. I would recommend you to first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

This should definitely work for you...

If it is iAtkos then download the package from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/ and first remove all the .kext installed earlier i.e Nvresman.kext, Geforce.kext etc etc..... and then install Nvkush.....

Good to know that we both have the same hardware.............

Just try the steps that I have mentioned above and you will definitely get the full harware support....

Just let me know once you get it to work....

I think you need to take a look at the following forum... It is mentioned about P5Q Pro... but I think his PS2 drivers should work for you.

Congrats Dude.............

I have not yet tried Jas OSX86 10.5.4... But I think you should install Jas as in that installation you will find the drivers for your ATI graphics card...

Hi,

I send you this message because i don't manage to install ideneb 10.5.6 on my MB ASUS p5q pro turbo.

core 2 duo e8400 3G, 1 HD seagate 500G sata, 1 Disk Drive LG sata, 1 HD seagate 500G IDE, GC Gigabyte GV-N96TZL-1GI (Nvidia 9600 GT 1G), Sonata III, 2x crucial 2G 667 Mhz.

On my first partition, i have XP PRO, with AHCI mode in the bios because in IDE, it was not possible to install IDENEB. In AHCI, i manage to install it but it don't boot. I only have the grey screnn, with the appel, but without the little circle.

After disable, in the bios, ACPI APIC support, in the menu POWER, i have the little circle, turning without stop.

When i boot with -v, i have a short message with this two line in the end :

"MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Do you have any idea to help me, because i tried a lot of things. I even changed the configuration in IDE mode in the bios, but i continue to have the same message.

Thanks for the help you could bring to me.

I havent used the methods from this post to get where I am atm, but i have used files and links from here which mainly were very helpfull.

Im running Leopard 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.6 Via Apple Software Update. Im also using the Zero Modification EFI partition method (stores and loads kexts/kernels/strings from seperate hidden partition).

Im on an Asus P5QL-PRO, with the 0802 Bios mod. I have a fully functional and fully stable system which was the reason i stopped trying to perfect Kaly/iDen/iPC installs.

Im only having a few small niggles to get to 100% (id say im at about 99.6%). The problems im having are not major, and I could live with them, I just dont want to! In order of anoyance these problems are:

1. Shutdown / Restart - After Leopard shutsdown the system will allways hang with a black screen for about 30 seconds before shutting down or restarting, sometimes it wont shutdown and I end up having to hold down the power button - Not happy! I have used the new AHCI FixV2 With 10.5.6 kexts, but still no Joy!

2. Boot Resolution - The new Chameleon 2.0RC1 bootloader screen and apple logo booting screen isnt the right resolution and doesnt fit my 1920x1080 screen, even with Graphics Mode Kernel Flags and Chameleon theme.plist edited. (I know this isnt the place for this, but its number 2 on my list (could be the HD4850 drivers?), anyway ill be searching elswhere for the answer for this)

3. UUID Error 35 - This error shows up everytime I do "diskutil list" and doesnt affect anything, but still anoying!

4. Sound Assertion Errors - using new kexts to get onboard audio working (Probably have to wait for newer kexts to be released), These errors again do not affect the system.

Anyway the main thing im here for is the Shutdown / Restart problems, if anyone else has got this far or further, Please help me or point me in the right direction. If anyone wants a hand (Only P5QL-PRO Users) getting to the stage im at id be happy to help!

Thanks, Andy.

Great! -_-

====================================================================

So let's recap, consider you're running 10.5.6 maybe from iDeneb, but this last could be not a restriction:

* I updated my AHCIfix, 1.3 in the guide is an old version, I installled THESE (click)

from this thread [click]

I think this could be very important, because as you can read in the thread I linked, APPLE added ICH10R support, and that's just our P5Q sata controller (and I don't know what other motherboards, anyway anyone who has a sata INTEL controller) ;)

* Then it didn't work immediately, I had some strange version, from iDeneb patched installation I think, of:

- AppleSMBIOS.kext

- IOUSBFamily.kext

- IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

So I extracted these kexts from 10.5.6 update and installed as vanilla original kexts, here is the pack with those original 10.5.6 kexts

(if you want to install, backup your old kexts, so if something goes wrong you go back)

* BIOS settings:

- Suspend Mode auto

- ACPI 2.0 Support disabled

- ACPI APIC Support enabled

====================================================================

Shutdown and reboot, now it works very well.

Latest restart after sleep didn't work, so there's some trouble if you sleep your PC then you try to rest/shutd, but normal rest/shutd works with 100%

Ok updated to 10.5.7 with all vanilla and added LegacyIOAHCIblockstorage.

I updated yesterday my P5Q.

Installation iDeneb 1.4 (1.5.6):

- German Installation

- Fonts

- SM BIOS 800

- iDeneb ess. Systems

- Audio ALC 1200

- NV Kush (for my GeForce 8600 GT)

- Applications

Restart

- Chameleon 2 RC

Then:

- Update 10.5.7. (downloaded from apple and manually startet)

Restart 2xtimes

- Audio 1200 SLIM

- SM Bios 800 (new Installation)

To me all works fine - restart o.k. - no crash with 6 GB DDR-2 RAM 800 MHz

2,43 GHz Intel Duo - core

My son uses a 4850 Ati (same MB) : go to http://netkas.org and go to the link "natit pkg"

and all works fine