Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

If you are using Ideneb 10.5.6 then there is a option for the sound driver ALC 1200... You need to select that...

I am using chameleon with retail leopard. I installed some kexts created in aug instead of the ones from July and it works fine now. Is there any way to get audio detected in profiler?

Thanks for the help!

I bought the P5Q board to use with 8 drives. Is there any way to use and dedicate the Silicone image sata ports to a boot drive and optical device?

Shutdown fix doesn't solve the issue here. :(

I'll try to investigate, even if osx logs are not so exhaustive

Same problem!

Everything works fine until I install the Ethernet driver!

I can only not shutdown!

Now there is LAN Driver available for Aetheros L1e

You can find ATL1E on:

* Desktop Motherboards

Asus P5Q

Asus P5Q-SE

Asus P5Q-SE/R

Asus P5Q Pro

Asus P5KPL-CM

* Laptops

Acer Aspire 6920G

Acer Aspire 8930

Asus EeePC 901, 1000 and 1000H

I have uploaded the driver in Post # 1

hey robert, thanks alot for all this im up and running :( the only problem i got tho is with the lan driver i think, cause im able to do everything online chat, watch videos, download stuff, except like if i download a dmg file that mounts, i get a kernel panic if i download it and run it, but if i download it in windows and then boot into osx and run it, it installs fine, no kernel panic........... i know its really weird...... i remember some post i saw on some site maybe this one or another one, the guy used a realtek driver instead, but i forgot where i saw it and which driver exactly he used

Robert didn't write who you have to thank, so I write for him, read this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=0&start=0

Robert I think you should explain where do you take your driver, for two reason, the first (most important), who download driver from your guide knows what's downloading, the second if you link to the source we can understand who we have to thanks over you, and we should even check for possible updates and fixes.

For example, I'd like to know where did you take ALC1200... Is that an ALC888 renamed? I would think that AppleHDA should be a reason of our shutdown problem.

There is one or more kexts that are causing this issue, because if you try the sleep it works flawlessy, so there's something wrong, but if I download the drivers and install it without knowing anything about those, I can't really figure out.

Thanks Robert :(

I'm trying to solve the shutdown issue, I finally reinstalled original kext from 10.5.6 update of AppleSMBIOS.kext IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext now I success all of a few reboot shutdown I did. I hope I solved, but I would not believe.

I noticed that AppleHDA from the good and working audio kext of Robert's guide is an old version so it could be nice updating it, there's a good and tricky thread here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=180 about how to hack AppleHDA.kext I've not so much time in this period but I'll try something.

AppleHDA.kext versions:

10.5.6 original: 1.6.2a37

our ALC1200 hacked: 1.4.0a22

I'm trying to solve the shutdown issue, I finally reinstalled original kext from 10.5.6 update of AppleSMBIOS.kext IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext now I success all of a few reboot shutdown I did. I hope I solved, but I would not believe.

I noticed that AppleHDA from the good and working audio kext of Robert's guide is an old version so it could be nice updating it, there's a good and tricky thread here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=180 about how to hack AppleHDA.kext I've not so much time in this period but I'll try something.

AppleHDA.kext versions:

10.5.6 original: 1.6.2a37

our ALC1200 hacked: 1.4.0a22

Would you mind posting those kexts you installed?

Cos I am really dumb and can't find them :S

Damn, somehow I get kernel panics now!

It's just shows me the You must restart.... window all of a sudden!

It shows something with IOGraphicsfamily and and something with APCI!

What can I do?

I have the ATI 4850 driver installed and the Attansic L1e!

If this can help you. I test my virgin system before I install kexts, but shutdown was already sporadic. Or even worse. Before haltrestart.kext I sometimes even didn't get past friezed background. But I'm looking forward for possible AppleHDA insights.

I've got a P5Q, and finally shutdown and reboot is working very well!

The solution was simple... install vanilla kexts.

I attach these kexts from 10.5.6 update, you should try backupping old kexts and installing these.

- AppleSMBIOS.kext

- IOUSBFamily.kext

- IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

Hey thank you!

Didn't work...

I am about to freak out!

I would give you a screenie of the kernel panic if I would have a cam!

It tells me something about

IOPCIFamily error

IONDRVFamily error

IOGraphicsfamily error

IOACPIFamily error

And something about IOACPIPlatfrom...

Are you able to manage this?

Did you read or what? Backup old kexts and if fails reinstall back, if you don't know what are you doing, don't do it!

Anyway it's quite strange you have a kernel panic with these, are you running 10.5.6 with AppleDecrypt from iDeneb 10.5.6?

I confirm with those kexts 100% reboot and shutdown success, without any openhaltrestart kernel extension! ;)

Only after a sleep it won't restart or shutdown properly, and this could be related with some other kext that has some sleep issue, ATL1E for example.

I attach my AppleACPIplatform, please use with knowledge, this could solve the kernel panic.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

Hi, thank you guys for all the tips! But I have no success with the shutdown problem. I am running iDeneb 10.5.6 on Asus P5QL-E with the voodoo kernel. I have reinstalled:

- AppleSMBIOS.kext

- IOUSBFamily.kext

- IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext.

I have removed openhaltrestart kernel extension and the shutdownfix.

Maybe I should try with AppleHDA. Interesting, but restart is working.

Anyway, thank you for all!

Are you saying you can restart properly, but it won't shutdown? This is really strange, I would think something about BIOS settings.

Does sleep work properly? Any kext misworking after sleep?

(here after sleep it won't rest/shut successfully)

hey robert, thanks alot for all this im up and running :( the only problem i got tho is with the lan driver i think, cause im able to do everything online chat, watch videos, download stuff, except like if i download a dmg file that mounts, i get a kernel panic if i download it and run it, but if i download it in windows and then boot into osx and run it, it installs fine, no kernel panic........... i know its really weird...... i remember some post i saw on some site maybe this one or another one, the guy used a realtek driver instead, but i forgot where i saw it and which driver exactly he used

its ok i figured it out :) .... i just installed the seatbelt patch or thats what i think its name is, lol i forgot...... but now its working

Did you read or what? Backup old kexts and if fails reinstall back, if you don't know what are you doing, don't do it!

Anyway it's quite strange you have a kernel panic with these, are you running 10.5.6 with AppleDecrypt from iDeneb 10.5.6?

I confirm with those kexts 100% reboot and shutdown success, without any openhaltrestart kernel extension! ;)

Only after a sleep it won't restart or shutdown properly, and this could be related with some other kext that has some sleep issue, ATL1E for example.

I attach my AppleACPIplatform, please use with knowledge, this could solve the kernel panic.

Woah stay cool!

I`m sorry for being dumb, I`d also rather going to the German site of this, but you guys are way more qualified, so yeah...

Well, actually I know what I am doing!

As I said, you're kexts didn't screw my MAC or something, they just didn't change anything!

Didnt get worse nor better hehe...

I will try to go on!

And,your question with the -appleDecrypt!

How do I know if I used this?

Tii09 I don't answer you anymore,

yours sincerely...

Marionez

:unsure:

Anyway in a PM Tii told me that my kexts were not the cause of his kernel panic, told me that my kexts didn't make it worse, but his OSx was just the same, so there's some speaking-communication problem I think. From the post on #384 seemed to be the exact opposite! :o

Yes, I can restart properly. I don't use the sleep function, but the screensaver won't start alone (setting 3 minutes).

Put the hard disk to sleep when possible is also unchecked. BIOS settings: Suspend Mode auto, ACPI 2.0 Support enabled, ACPI APIC Support enabled. What else?

I disabled ACPI 2.0 support, but I don't believe this could be the problem.

I did even another thing I updated my AHCIfix, 1.3 in the guide is an old version, I installled THESE (click)

from this thread [click]

I think this could be very important, because as you can read in the thread APPLE added ICH10R support, and that is just our P5Q sata controller :)

I tried now to restart after sleep and I did 2/2 success!!! :)

I think with this shutd/restart solved issue my system is quite perfect, and seriously for a part of it I would thank Robert :D

Great! ;)

====================================================================

So let's recap, consider you're running 10.5.6 maybe from iDeneb, but this last could be not a restriction:

* I updated my AHCIfix, 1.3 in the guide is an old version, I installled THESE (click)

from this thread [click]

I think this could be very important, because as you can read in the thread I linked, APPLE added ICH10R support, and that's just our P5Q sata controller (and I don't know what other motherboards, anyway anyone who has a sata INTEL controller) :D

* Then it didn't work immediately, I had some strange version, from iDeneb patched installation I think, of:

- AppleSMBIOS.kext

- IOUSBFamily.kext

So I extracted these kexts from 10.5.6 update and installed as vanilla original kexts, here is the pack with those original 10.5.6 kexts

(if you want to install, backup your old kexts, so if something goes wrong you go back)

* BIOS settings:

- Suspend Mode auto

- ACPI 2.0 Support disabled

- ACPI APIC Support enabled

Shutdown and reboot, now it works very well.

Latest restart after sleep didn't work, so there's some trouble if you sleep your PC then you try to rest/shutd, but normal rest/shutd works with 100%

Great! :(

So let's recap, consider you're running 10.5.6 maybe from iDeneb, but this last could be not a restriction:

* I updated my AHCIfix, 1.3 in the guide is an old version, I installled THESE (click)

from this thread [click]

I think this could be very important, because as you can read in the thread I linked, APPLE added ICH10R support, and that's just our P5Q sata controller (and I don't know what other motherboards, anyway anyone who has a sata INTEL controller) :(

* Then it didn't work immediately, I had some strange version, from iDeneb patched installation I think, of:

- AppleSMBIOS.kext

- IOUSBFamily.kext

So I extracted these kexts from 10.5.6 update and installed as vanilla original kexts, here is the pack with those original 10.5.6 kexts

(if you want to install, backup your old kexts, so if something goes wrong you go back)

* BIOS settings:

- Suspend Mode auto

- ACPI 2.0 Support disabled

- ACPI APIC Support enabled

Shutdown and reboot, now it works very well.

Latest restart after sleep didn't work, so there's some trouble if you sleep your PC then you try to rest/shutd, but normal rest/shutd works with 100%

I think the sata controller of Asus P5QL-E is the same ICH10R as yours. Anyway, with your kexts installed everything works fine. Thanks Marionez! :)

Well... you're not answering me sure...

But I think I figured out what caused my problem!

Everything works just fine until I instalthe drforthe HD 4850!

As soon as I get home, I will try your other kexts.

Thanks so far, even tho you hate me!

Hello galin Dimitroff!

I have install your AHCIfixv2 with 10.5.6 kexts these is not 1.3 but 1.2

Have you link for new AHCI kext?

I have ASUS P5Q motherboard with iDeneb 10.5.6 update.

2002-BIOS-Asus_P5Q_for_MAC_OS_X_&_all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM

ACPI APIC is supported

ACPI 2.0 off

Shutdown and sleep does not wok:(

Have you any idea for me?