Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

hey robert-or anyone else that will help. i've got a p5q se2 that i just picked up. i've got a e7400 core 2 duo and 4 gig pny ram to go along with it. i've done some reading and it appears my only chance is to flash the bios using a modded one but no one seems to have tackled my board yet. 2 questions. can someone provide the bios and if i flash it, can i use the iPC 10.5.6 that i've already downloaded??? as of right now if i try to boot from it and attempt to install, i get nowhere and the machine just reboots. thanks for anyone who can help. i bought all of this stuff with the hope of running osx and am stuck on windoze and am quite sad...

:P

Hi RoberT_XeS,

I am new to the Hackintosh scene,earlier i had tried kalyway v10.5.1 on my old Athlon64 but failed

Here's my new config and few questions:-

ASUS P5Q-Pro,DC E5200,Seagate SataII 320 and Samsung SataII 80,Sony DVD-RW IDE,Nvidia 9600gt,4gb RAM

Q1.Do i have to flash the BIOS ..right now i am using 1613 .if yes then which one and why???

Q2. SATA DVD-Drive necessary or IDE will do??

Q3. BIOS settings

Q4. Which osx ideneb or kalyway??

Hi RoberT_XeS,

I am new to the Hackintosh scene,earlier i had tried kalyway v10.5.1 on my old Athlon64 but failed

Here's my new config and few questions:-

ASUS P5Q-Pro,DC E5200,Seagate SataII 320 and Samsung SataII 80,Sony DVD-RW IDE,Nvidia 9600gt,4gb RAM

Q1.Do i have to flash the BIOS ..right now i am using 1613 .if yes then which one and why???

Q2. SATA DVD-Drive necessary or IDE will do??

Q3. BIOS settings

Q4. Which osx ideneb or kalyway??

1. Yes....... Download the Bios from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...wtopic=136586... You need to flash your Bios otherwiseyou won't be able to install OS X

2. I am using SATA DVD Drive, I have seen people having problem with IDE

3. Bios Settings: Read Post # 1... You need to change the Storage configuration to AHCI

4. iDeneb.

Is it worth it to try to update to 10.5.6 now that I finally got everything working?

Also, slightly related - I have a backup dmg, but I'm not sure how I am gonna restore it if necessary. Is it enough to just use Disk Utility from the iDeneb disc and restore it that way? Will it boot?

Dont giveup man...... Nothing is Impossible

I had the same problem, Here is the solution....This happens because of AppleIntelPowermanagement.kext

I booted the system with -x-F

I downloaded the normal update from this link

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10_5_6_Update.

Since you are having 10.5.4 you need to download the Combo Update

I removed AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and then installed the update. After the installation I logged in with -x-F command.

Again tried to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext but this time since my PS2 keyboard was not working so I used a virtual keyboard software to enter the password and removed the kext. Then restarted the PC normally

My mouse was working fine as it is a USB Mouse. I installed ApplePS2Controller.kext and then restarted the PC and keyboard worked.

You also need to reinstall the AppleVIAATA.kext and the sound drivers once again. Also below is the kext that I used to get my keyboard working ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

You can also buy a IDE to SATA convertor which will resolve your issue.... You can buy that fom eBay

Hi guys, just looking for a quick pointer, i need to make sure that the video card i'm ordering can support quartz extreme, i'm looking at a 1gb 8800gt. Should this be ok?

Whilst on the subject i must note that i got into a bit of bother choosing my graphics card.

The only reason i built this rig was for a friend who needed to run some adobe programs for college. Little did i know that quartz extreme was a requirement for a lot of these programs and so i've had to return an incompatible ati card. Arguably its my fault for not reading into it, but at the same time it wasn't made clear on this page. I am ever greatfull to whoever put this manual together but i'd like to suggest you put a notice up warning people.

thx richard.

Man i am starting to loose my mind. I thought now that ideneb v1.4 is out I'll be finally able to shut the system properly. But to my surprise nope. Even after applying the openhaltrestart.kext still nothing. Everything else is working perfectly. Everything but that. I was sitting all night long tryint to come up with the solution, I almost grabed the box and trew it at the wal. Well just for a sec or so then I remembered how bad windows is.

So anyone with any ideas what it might be causing it. :D

Has anyone got a solution for the fan speed.

I have tried installing smcFanControl but it goes to default & makes no difference.

I use an Asus utility in Vista which works really well, but the fan on this OS is atfull pelt all the time, & too noisy.

iPC 10.5.6 (PPF5) is working as well (choose ICH10 driver, all additional Applications and your graphic driver) :). The P5Q-VM is a perfect board for OS X. Only one issue: By installing the Ethernet driver linked in the 1st posting, your WLAN card might not work anymore, because the IONetworkfamily.kext is replaced.

To fix this, install R1000.kext insted (didn't test function, but Mac adress is recognized well and there's no more self-assigend IP, but no cable connected).

Thanks for the guide...if I'm bored one day, maybe I'll try the retail installation, but actually iPC is working perfect.

I downloaded and installed Nvkush, but it automatically detected my video ram being 256. But I have radeon 4850 with 512 mb. What should I do?

Also I cant choose the resolution - only 1024x768. I need 1368*768

Btw thx for the guide. Writing from leopard now :thumbsup_anim: I have sound and internet (as you see) but it somehow lags, i guess its coz my videocard snt working as it should?

I downloaded and installed Nvkush, but it automatically detected my video ram being 256. But I have radeon 4850 with 512 mb. What should I do?

Also I cant choose the resolution - only 1024x768. I need 1368*768

Btw thx for the guide. Writing from leopard now :) I have sound and internet (as you see) but it somehow lags, i guess its coz my videocard snt working as it should?

Nvkush are not for ATI RAEDON Cards......

Go to this forum for help

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1084955

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112228

Hey, can anyone download the linked BIOS files in the OP? Seems like the files were deleted.

Would anybody be so kindly and up them again or to a place like Rapidshare or Megaupload or whatnot.

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention, that I need the BIOS 1613 for my brandnew ASUS P5Q Pro

Hi,

I cant download the drivers and patchs from page 1, could someone upload to another site?

I need this one:

ASUS_P5Q__Realtek_8111C__LAN_Driver.zip

AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Thanks!

[]s

VultU

Curitiba - PR - Brasil

Hey, can anyone download the linked BIOS files in the OP? Seems like the files were deleted.

Would anybody be so kindly and up them again or to a place like Rapidshare or Megaupload or whatnot.

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention, that I need the BIOS 1613 for my brandnew ASUS P5Q Pro

Try it now....It is resolved

Hi,

I cant download the drivers and patchs from page 1, could someone upload to another site?

I need this one:

ASUS_P5Q__Realtek_8111C__LAN_Driver.zip

AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Thanks!

[]s

VultU

Curitiba - PR - Brasil

Try to download now...The problem is resolved

Hello Robert, how did you solve the problem with computer shutdown, that are my problem by mouse or keyboard do not go out with me computers completely not, also sleep mode can I not serve? Property the PCWiz shutdown/restart utility uses however no improvement!

You have please perhaps solution for it, I would be much grateful for it!!!

Ciao, Frankyboy :)

Openhaltrestart.kext or whatever it's called - the Psystar one, used to work for me on 10.5.5, but not on 10.5.6. Not a huge issue, I live in a loft apt, so I always notice if the computer is on.

I noticed that as well. I hope Robert or others could find a solution for this. :(