Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

when i try to update the second one wit ACHI i get a BSOD.

I WAS ABLE TO BOOT UP IN ACHI MODE BY ONLY UPDATING ON

I've install iATKOS. but now im stuck at the screen

20090124030353.jpg

i was able to install Kalyway but of course no lan

this is my setup

ASUS P5Q

ATI Radeon 4670

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

2 SATA HD

1 IDE DVD Drive

1 IDE CD Drive

so wat should i select in the customize screen

hi!

I have a same problèm , i follow the tuturial step by step everythig were ok (bios flash..,ahci drivers on xp,boot.ini,...)

i have use idened 1.3

graphic card Nvidia 7300GT

CPU:E8400

Asus P5Q

4GO ram G.skill 800Hrz

2 HDD SATA (160go, 360go)

1 HDD IDE (4 partitions) ( ideneb in one of them^^ )

i think to reinstall ideneb in a sata HDD in maybe i don't set bios'mac pro' in the installation so help please ^^

hi!

I have a same problèm , i follow the tuturial step by step everythig were ok (bios flash..,ahci drivers on xp,boot.ini,...)

i have use idened 1.3

graphic card Nvidia 7300GT

CPU:E8400

Asus P5Q

4GO ram G.skill 800Hrz

2 HDD SATA (160go, 360go)

1 HDD IDE (4 partitions) ( ideneb in one of them^^ )

i think to reinstall ideneb in a sata HDD in maybe i don't set bios'mac pro' in the installation so help please ^^

You should install Ideneb on a SATA HDD otherwise you will not be able to boot into IDeneb.......

i have the p5q motherboard and a velociraptor hd on which i havent installed windows yet, is right out the box. all i want is one partition of the mac os x on my hard drive. i dont need to dual boot. do i need to install windows to make this work? id prefer not to.

i have the p5q motherboard and a velociraptor hd on which i havent installed windows yet, is right out the box. all i want is one partition of the mac os x on my hard drive. i dont need to dual boot. do i need to install windows to make this work? id prefer not to.

No need to install Windows.............

I am about to pull the trigger on an Asus P5Q3 Deluxe /WiFi-AP motherboard with a Core 2 Quad CPU. I plan on using it as a server so I definitely need the SATA II Raid, both network ports for routing, and the WiFi access point. Graphics and sound are of no importance to me.

Can anyone tell me what does and doesn't work?

Thanks!

Hi there thanks for this been trying for ages finally got an installed OSX had to use iatkos 5i now whenever i boot it will hang and freeze when loading with -v i get the following:

failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACHIport

this comes up twice in yellow but this is not the final message the final message is this:

Airport: Link down on en1

i am able to boot in safe mode with the -x flag but when i check system profiler it says i have no SATA drives i cannot install the right graphics drivers for shiznit (meaning i dont get QE/CI) and also it says no in-built audio i have tried the kexts in the first posts but no luck is this because I'm in safe mode or what?

any help will be appreciated

my system is the following :

M/B :P5Q-Pro

DVD Drive LG SATA 22x

HD: 2 X IDE 250GB

Installed on external drive

G/C: XFX 9600 GT

CPU and RAM appears fine

Hi there thanks for this been trying for ages finally got an installed OSX had to use iatkos 5i now whenever i boot it will hang and freeze when loading with -v i get the following:

failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACHIport

this comes up twice in yellow but this is not the final message the final message is this:

Airport: Link down on en1

i am able to boot in safe mode with the -x flag but when i check system profiler it says i have no SATA drives i cannot install the right graphics drivers for shiznit (meaning i dont get QE/CI) and also it says no in-built audio i have tried the kexts in the first posts but no luck is this because I'm in safe mode or what?

any help will be appreciated

my system is the following :

M/B :P5Q-Pro

DVD Drive LG SATA 22x

HD: 2 X IDE 250GB

Installed on external drive

G/C: XFX 9600 GT

CPU and RAM appears fine

Boot into the System in Safe mode

1. Run Application> Utilities > Disk Utility

2. Select the Drive in which Mac OS X is installed

3. Click on Verify Permission

4. Now click on Repair Permission.

5. Now reboot the Computer

6. Boot into system using -v

If that does not work then try installing IDeneb.............

ok i have just sorted my graphics full QE/CI yes! jumping for joy lol.

still no IDE or SATA drives being recognized though..

You need to change the Storage Configuration in your Bios to AHCI and then you need to install the AppleVIAATA.kext from post # 1 using kexthelper and then reboot, you will be able to see all the SATA and IDE Drives......

thank's a lot bro! i'll try this verry soon arrrr IDE to a hell :(:D

hi everybody

i have install idened 1.3 for the secound time in a sata partition-----> it's works but..

1-i can't boot into mac OS without put a idened disk in to a dvd drive otherwise it says "<window>....root.ddl"..please reinstall a copy of windows.. somthing like that. ( marvel IDE rom statut is: disabled, lan disabled )

2-i put my ethernet card realtech REALTEK 3189D in pci port but in in ( about this mac) still get no pci card detected

3-when i click about this mac it shows me CPU: 3GHZ Unknouwn

4-when i just log on to mac OS it tell me that the HDD is unredable ( the IDE one!) but i see the partions and i can get on to them

if you knouw what i must do for solve this issues please help :)

sorry for my bad english

Ok Guys and Gals,

I hope one of you might have some ideas regarding my problem, or even the solution. Ihave Ideneb running perfectly on my current system. However when I try to update to 10.5.6 it does update and boot back into the system. However some of the Kext wont work after i reeinstall them. Primarily the openhalt one. I was suggested to delete the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, but it's not in the extension folder. After the update I did find the kext and deleted it, but the same issue persists. I tried booting in safe mode with the -f, but no solutions. I thought it might be the kernel. So i installed the new voodoo, still nothing. I am at the end of my witz. So if anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated. Rober had been helping me with the issue and I wanted to thank him still. Thanks guy.

So looking forward to your guy's tips

BosnaZmaj

Hi There! I am relatively new to the forum and i have a simple question for you. Please help in the totally noob question about where do i have to plug my sata hdds and sata dvd. I have to sata hdds (one for windows xp and one for osx (i'll try to install ideneb v1.3)). I mean do i have touse only the 'normal', red sata-connections on the MoBo or the orange and white insted. Gone through the forum for selecting any other parts for compatibility but stacked at the very first moment by this. My MoB is Asus P5Q. Tried a several combination but now i think its faster if i ask you.

Thanks for replay and sorry about my poor english.

All the best, n3on

Hi There! I am relatively new to the forum and i have a simple question for you. Please help in the totally noob question about where do i have to plug my sata hdds and sata dvd. I have to sata hdds (one for windows xp and one for osx (i'll try to install ideneb v1.3)). I mean do i have touse only the 'normal', red sata-connections on the MoBo or the orange and white insted. Gone through the forum for selecting any other parts for compatibility but stacked at the very first moment by this. My MoB is Asus P5Q. Tried a several combination but now i think its faster if i ask you.

Thanks for replay and sorry about my poor english.

All the best, n3on

Plug in the HDD and the DVD Drives to the RED slots only..........

hi everybody

i have install idened 1.3 for the secound time in a sata partition-----> it's works but..

1-i can't boot into mac OS without put a idened disk in to a dvd drive otherwise it says "<window>....root.ddl"..please reinstall a copy of windows.. somthing like that. ( marvel IDE rom statut is: disabled, lan disabled )

2-i put my ethernet card realtech REALTEK 3189D in pci port but in in ( about this mac) still get no pci card detected

3-when i click about this mac it shows me CPU: 3GHZ Unknouwn

4-when i just log on to mac OS it tell me that the HDD is unredable ( the IDE one!) but i see the partions and i can get on to them

if you knouw what i must do for solve this issues please help :D

sorry for my bad english

You need to enable the Marvell IDE in your Bios in order to make the HDD readable.

Also don't worry about the CPU Message even I have the same but that's ok

In PCI cards you will not see some of the the Devices but it works.

You need to enable the Marvell IDE in your Bios in order to make the HDD readable.

Also don't worry about the CPU Message even I have the same but that's ok

In PCI cards you will not see some of the the Devices but it works.

yes that's what i do with marvell but i must put a dvd to log into mac don't touch anything just put idened in a dvd drive

the message that i have when i don't put a dvd is:

"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<windows root >\system32\hal.dll.

please re-install a copy of the above file"

for pci i have just download a driver for it "AppleRTL8139Ethernet" and it works fine

Hi there i finally had everything working so i decided to upgrade to 10.5.6 so i could install iLife 09 then once the upgrade finished i rebooted it all went fine but i lost my audio i have tried to install the kexts from this post but they dont seem to work i can see the volume slider on the status bar but no sound is being outputted....please could u upload the kexts for 10.5.6 for the audio

and btw it is the standard audio on P5Q pro board

Thanks

Hi there i finally had everything working so i decided to upgrade to 10.5.6 so i could install iLife 09 then once the upgrade finished i rebooted it all went fine but i lost my audio i have tried to install the kexts from this post but they dont seem to work i can see the volume slider on the status bar but no sound is being outputted....please could u upload the kexts for 10.5.6 for the audio

and btw it is the standard audio on P5Q pro board

Thanks

I've read somewhere on the site that it's a good idea to delete the kext files before you reeinstall them after the update. I would try that. Also make sure that your audio is setup properly. At times it happens that after the kext has been installed that the audio is set up to internal and not external. You can do that in the system preference.

I am trying to update myself to 10.5.6 but I seem to have problems after the update. We have the same board. Could you post what you have done before and after the update. My biggest problem is that the openhaltrestart doesnt work after the update regardles what i try to do. Would appreciate it. You can PM if you like.

your a legend it was set to internal headphones so i changed it and it works now my whole system is fully operational apart from the ocasional panic when im doing nothing?!?! but i can live with that thanks

and to be honest all i did was just use software update didnt delete anything before and the other thing i had to do after was the IDE and audio and thats fine the graphics remained working

i installed on iAtkos with defaults...

my set-up is:

iAtkos 5i (upgraded to 10.5.6)

HDD - 1 - 1DE, 1 USB (Installed on USB) - Working!

CPU - Core 2 E4400 (Overclocked) - Working

RAM - 4GB Geil Black Dragon 800MHz - Working

GFX - XFX 9600 GT - Working

and the rest is in built

your a legend it was set to internal headphones so i changed it and it works now my whole system is fully operational apart from the ocasional panic when im doing nothing?!?! but i can live with that thanks

and to be honest all i did was just use software update didnt delete anything before and the other thing i had to do after was the IDE and audio and thats fine the graphics remained working

i installed on iAtkos with defaults...

my set-up is:

iAtkos 5i (upgraded to 10.5.6)

HDD - 1 - 1DE, 1 USB (Installed on USB) - Working!

CPU - Core 2 E4400 (Overclocked) - Working

RAM - 4GB Geil Black Dragon 800MHz - Working

GFX - XFX 9600 GT - Working

and the rest is in built

Great I am glad I was able to help.