RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

first, happy new year.

about OSX, even with the commands you gave me, it doesn't work, dns responder error, or i o a grey screen wih messaage that tells me to reboot he machine and push my restart button, .....

i beginning to believe that something is impossible, at list on my computer.

i don't know what i gota do after that.

and for the drivers i got to choose at the install, i really don't know which one i have to, for eminder, my video card is an nvidia gtx260.

please, any solution??????????

thanx.

What are the Distros that you have tried till now ........... IDeneb, iATKOS, Jas, Kalyway?????? The problem is clearly with the Graphics Driver.......... I had the same problem while install Mac OS X Retail.........

Take a look at this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129152

What are the Distros that you have tried till now ........... IDeneb, iATKOS, Jas, Kalyway?????? The problem is clearly with the Graphics Driver.......... I had the same problem while install Mac OS X Retail.........

Take a look at this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129152

thanx, i's probably my graphic card, i have to wait for the support of it.

Kalyway 10.5.2 installed for me just fine, once I used a moded bios for my P5QL-E mobo.

But I couldn't get the advance features for my graphics card: EVGA GeForce 9500 GT.

I found some possible fixes for my graphics card, but they require 10.5.5.

So I downloaded the 10.5.5 updater, but it refused to install on any of my drives. I tried the 10.5.6 combo updater and it started to install, but then crashed and corrupted the entire OS.

So now I'm trying iDeneb 10.5.5. I seem to be having the same problem as moisi. It's hanging on the mDNSResponder.

I tried the vsdbutil command and got this error message:

vsdbutil: couldn't access volume status database: Read-only file system

I tried to chmod the permissions, but failed. Kept saying it's a Read-only file system.

So... Any ideas on where to go from here. I feel like I'm really close :)

Kalyway 10.5.2 installed for me just fine, once I used a moded bios for my P5QL-E mobo.

But I couldn't get the advance features for my graphics card: EVGA GeForce 9500 GT.

I found some possible fixes for my graphics card, but they require 10.5.5.

So I downloaded the 10.5.5 updater, but it refused to install on any of my drives. I tried the 10.5.6 combo updater and it started to install, but then crashed and corrupted the entire OS.

So now I'm trying iDeneb 10.5.5. I seem to be having the same problem as moisi. It's hanging on the mDNSResponder.

I tried the vsdbutil command and got this error message:

vsdbutil: couldn't access volume status database: Read-only file system

I tried to chmod the permissions, but failed. Kept saying it's a Read-only file system.

So... Any ideas on where to go from here. I feel like I'm really close :)

Try to boot with -x -F and then if you are able to login immediately install your Graphics Driver.

If that does not work then install Kalyway 10.5.2 once again. Just remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext from Finder > System > Library > Extention > and then try to install the Update and it should go through.

I installed iDeneb without any problems from a IDE-DVD!!!

After the installation is done OSX wont find the IDE-Components.. :)

My crappy setup:

1x SATA-HDD (Vista and Mac Partition)

1x IDE-HDD (Master)

1x IDE-DVD (Slave)

So, thanks Robert!!!! nice work!

I installed iDeneb without any problems from a IDE-DVD!!!

After the installation is done OSX wont find the IDE-Components.. :)

My crappy setup:

1x SATA-HDD (Vista and Mac Partition)

1x IDE-HDD (Master)

1x IDE-DVD (Slave)

So, thanks Robert!!!! nice work!

Download Kext_Helper_b7.zip and then run it. Now install ASUS_P5Q_RX_MARVELL_IDE_DRIVER.zip using Kexthelper . Then restart and it should work.

Great tutorial. Used it and it worked like a charm. I was stuck for over a week where OS wouldn't boot. I was stuck at the grey apple logo after install. Used the bios mod for the P5q Pro and it went straight thru. The system recognized my grafics card GT8500 with the nvinject drivers without any trouble. Used the kext helper to load the driver for the motherboard sound card and it came alive. It even recognized my PS/2 keyboard without trouble. The system is flying right now. And the whole set up cost me $600 bucks and few hours of sleep. But worth it. Gonna suggest the tutorial ofcourse. It's a must have. Now only thing remains is the post set up fixes. My fan won't turn itself off when shuting down thru MACOS. And the HD icons are not the ones like on a mac. It for whatever reason uses the ones that os assignes when you plug a external hd. If anyone knows the fix let me know. I am also dual booting vista and os. I am using two different hd's. I would suggest that investment, belive me it will save you a lot's of headache. Another thing. If you guys having trouble of vista booting once you change to ahci. You must install a driver in vista. Microsoft has a tutorial out there to do that. Very easy. Once i find a link i'll try to post it.

Again great job guy and thanks a lot

Great tutorial. Used it and it worked like a charm. I was stuck for over a week where OS wouldn't boot. I was stuck at the grey apple logo after install. Used the bios mod for the P5q Pro and it went straight thru. The system recognized my grafics card GT8500 with the nvinject drivers without any trouble. Used the kext helper to load the driver for the motherboard sound card and it came alive. It even recognized my PS/2 keyboard without trouble. The system is flying right now. And the whole set up cost me $600 bucks and few hours of sleep. But worth it. Gonna suggest the tutorial ofcourse. It's a must have. Now only thing remains is the post set up fixes. My fan won't turn itself off when shuting down thru MACOS. And the HD icons are not the ones like on a mac. It for whatever reason uses the ones that os assignes when you plug a external hd. If anyone knows the fix let me know. I am also dual booting vista and os. I am using two different hd's. I would suggest that investment, belive me it will save you a lot's of headache. Another thing. If you guys having trouble of vista booting once you change to ahci. You must install a driver in vista. Microsoft has a tutorial out there to do that. Very easy. Once i find a link i'll try to post it.

Again great job guy and thanks a lot

You need to install the AHCI Fix from cVAD which I have included in this tutorial to get the proper icon and You should install the OpenHaltRestart.kext in order to get the complete shutdown.

Robert, does that AHCI fix work for the retail installation? I managed to install retail on my cousins pc once, but it had orange icons. The ACHI fix didn't help. Instead it screwed up the install and the PC wouldn't boot into OSX anymore.

Romert, does that AHCI fix work for the retail installation? I managed to install retail on my cousins pc once, but it had orange icons. The ACHI fix didn't help. Instead it screwed up the install and the PC wouldn't boot into OSX anymore.

It worked for me and also for many others...........

If you want you can also use this OrangeHDIconFix.zip

Hey, Robert. I tried the last suggestions you gave me, but they didn't make a difference. iDeneb won't get past the mDNSResponder error and Kalyway won't update to 10.5.5. I tried the 10.5.5 combo and the 10.5.6 combo updater, they both get part way and then corrupt the OS and crash.

Do you think I should try a different distro?

Anyway... I appreciate all the work you've put into this thread and how quick you are to respond.

My first post so i would like to say Hello to everyone and a big thank you for this forum.

after flashing my bios, i have successfully installed osx 10.5.6 from the iPC public beta. it reboots fine although I'm just getting all the drivers sorted. I have a p5q pro with e8500, 4 gb of patriot 8500 ram, Evga 9800 GT sata dvdrw installed on a spare 250 gb sata drive. it also has a asus wifi card which is a broadcom c/s and it's also working. no issues with the keyboard or mouse.

great guide, it helped lots!! thank you RoberT_XeS

complete mac noob so lots of trial and error ahead and lots of reading (many attempts, my first boot to the desktop)

thank you to all the members and all their hard work.

Mustang Sally

My first post so i would like to say Hello to everyone and a big thank you for this forum.

after flashing my bios, i have successfully installed osx 10.5.6 from the iPC public beta. it reboots fine although I'm just getting all the drivers sorted. I have a p5q pro with e8500, 4 gb of patriot 8500 ram, Evga 9800 GT sata dvdrw installed on a spare 250 gb sata drive. it also has a asus wifi card which is a broadcom c/s and it's also working. no issues with the keyboard or mouse.

great guide, it helped lots!! thank you RoberT_XeS

complete mac noob so lots of trial and error ahead and lots of reading (many attempts, my first boot to the desktop)

thank you to all the members and all their hard work.

Mustang Sally

Congrats................

NO HDD DETECTED

Hi guys, i'm trying to install ideneb on an asus p5q. i've flashed the bios with the right version and changed the settings to ACHI mode. i've read the whole thread here and have found no answer to or nobody with my problem, which is, when trying to install ideneb through the gui ideneb detects no hard drive. As far as i know i'm doing everything right, but since i'm a noob to mac and not very unix minded in general i could be doing something very obviously wrong.

Cheers for any replys, richie.

asus p5q

Samsung SpinPoint F1 500GB SATA2, 16MB 7200RPM

q6600 quad core

4gb ocz pc9200

radeon 4670

NO HDD DETECTEDwhen trying to install ideneb through the gui ideneb detects no hard drive.

You need to format and partition the drive first before you can install an OS on it.

Before starting the installation use Disk Utility, it's in one of the menus up top.

Thanks for the reply but disc utility wont recognize the hard disc either, is there a problem with using ACHI 2.0 ?

That's ACPI 2.0 and it doesn't have anything to do with AHCI - it's under Power Management settings.

Here's why you should enable ACPI 2.0 (AFAIK it's disabled by default):

http://www.techarp.com/showfreebog.aspx?lang=0&bogno=381

While its name hints that this BIOS feature is a toggle to enable ACPI 2.0 features, this is not the case. Enabling this BIOS feature does not turn on ACPI 2.0. Similarly, disabling it does not turn on the original ACPI 1.0 standard. It disables ACPI completely.

What's ACPI?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Conf...Power_Interface

Make sure your HDD is plugged into the ICH10 controller and not the Silicon Image controller. The red ports are ICH10.

Thanks for all the help here

Managed to get iDenib10.5.5 loaded on:-

Asus P5Q-E, modded bios 1703, Q6600, 4gb ram, Geforce 7600. 5 SATA drives.

Dual booting with Vista.

The video works fine as does Lan & USB ports

What doesnt-

only 1 core,

keyboard keys shift not corresponding to upper symbols

no sound

Shutdown & sleep.

If I patch with PCwiz's DSDT patcher & Universal OSx86 Installer will all these be rectified?

Will I be able to do the automatic upgrade to 5.6 from within 5.5?

Any other suggestions

TIA

From an xtreme noobie

Thanks for all the help here

Managed to get iDenib10.5.5 loaded on:-

Asus P5Q-E, modded bios 1703, Q6600, 4gb ram, Geforce 7600. 5 SATA drives.

Dual booting with Vista.

The video works fine as does Lan & USB ports

What doesnt-

only 1 core,

keyboard keys shift not corresponding to upper symbols

no sound

Shutdown & sleep.

If I patch with PCwiz's DSDT patcher & Universal OSx86 Installer will all these be rectified?

Will I be able to do the automatic upgrade to 5.6 from within 5.5?

Any other suggestions

TIA

From an xtreme noobie

Try this

p45audio.zip