Mac OSX on ASUS P5Q and ASUS P5Q PRO AND SOME OTHER P5Q MOBO ALSO

RoberT_XeS

Installed and Working  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Did it work for you........

• Yes
    • No

544 posts in this topic

Tried unzipping p45 audio and dropping the 2 kext files files into Kext helper 7 and hitting easy install. Rebooted and still there is @no sound devices found@.

Tried the same with OpenHaltRestart but still the hard drive wont stop on shutdown.

Am I missing something?

Tried unzipping p45 audio and dropping the 2 kext files files into Kext helper 7 and hitting easy install. Rebooted and still there is @no sound devices found@.

Tried the same with OpenHaltRestart but still the hard drive wont stop on shutdown.

Am I missing something?

First remove the kexts inside the system folder... i.e AppleHDA.kext and ALCInject.kext and then install

You can also try this AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=115246

The appleazalia audiokext worked - thanks.

Also found that looking in activity monitor all 4 cores seem to work.

It was only under system profiler that showed total number of cores as 1.

Just need to get the shut down to shut down.

Hi Robert! first of all I would like you to congratulate on your success on installing OS X on P5Q. This encouraged me to try OS X again since we almost have the same specs.

I will list all the things I have done and see what I've missed if it would help you to diagnose my problem.

I installed the WinXP first, I partitioned my harddrive to 3 since I am planning to install the Win7 in the future. I partitioned it using the WinXP setup CD.

I changed the settings of the WinXP to AHCI which also works well.

Now, I'm trying to install the Mac OS X Leopard retail, but I can't continue coz it wants me to partition the harddrive to GUID, which I cannot since it would erase the WinXP on the other partition.

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Robert! first of all I would like you to congratulate on your success on installing OS X on P5Q. This encouraged me to try OS X again since we almost have the same specs.

I will list all the things I have done and see what I've missed if it would help you to diagnose my problem.

I installed the WinXP first, I partitioned my harddrive to 3 since I am planning to install the Win7 in the future. I partitioned it using the WinXP setup CD.

I changed the settings of the WinXP to AHCI which also works well.

Now, I'm trying to install the Mac OS X Leopard retail, but I can't continue coz it wants me to partition the harddrive to GUID, which I cannot since it would erase the WinXP on the other partition.

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks in Advance!

Here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1044843

Hi guys, I've managed to get iDeneb onto my p5q (solo) but i'm unable to get the ACHI drivers properly installed in windows, every which way i try it i just end up with windows crashing out during boot up. i must at this point note that the step by step guide for installation is seemingly missing a step, when it tells you to open device manager, go to ide ata/atapi controllers and update driver it leaves out the fact there are 6 or so drivers for you to choose from. so to cut a long story not so long, which driver do i update?

thx for any replys, in fact thanks for the whole fourm. ^^

2 x 500 gb hdds

p5q

q6600

4 gb ram

Hi guys, I've managed to get iDeneb onto my p5q (solo) but i'm unable to get the ACHI drivers properly installed in windows, every which way i try it i just end up with windows crashing out during boot up. i must at this point note that the step by step guide for installation is seemingly missing a step, when it tells you to open device manager, go to ide ata/atapi controllers and update driver it leaves out the fact there are 6 or so drivers for you to choose from. so to cut a long story not so long, which driver do i update?

thx for any replys, in fact thanks for the whole fourm. ^^

2 x 500 gb hdds

p5q

q6600

4 gb ram

First take a look at this thread

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/f32/installi...tml#post1421850

First you need to install the Chipset driver from the Motherboard CD and then once it is done you need to reboot

Now open Device Manager in that under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers you need to update the two ICH10R SATA Storage Controllers with the AHCI Driver and then reboot

Now change the Storage Configuration to AHCI and then boot into Win XP

I was searching around and noticed that everyone says that the ethernet stuffs will not work on a P5Q board. "Buy a realtek..."

This is probably old news, but I used a Kalyway install, and the onboard ethernet ports work fine with my P5Q-E. I just made sure the installation included 'skge_marvell_skge.pkg'.

My hacintosh will now happily peruse all things internet/network as well as use it's 2nd ethernet port to share to others (my macbook pro & PS3 so far).

Am I the only one with this or is it just because I have a p5q-E?

B

I was searching around and noticed that everyone says that the ethernet stuffs will not work on a P5Q board. "Buy a realtek..."

This is probably old news, but I used a Kalyway install, and the onboard ethernet ports work fine with my P5Q-E. I just made sure the installation included 'skge_marvell_skge.pkg'.

My hacintosh will now happily peruse all things internet/network as well as use it's 2nd ethernet port to share to others (my macbook pro & PS3 so far).

Am I the only one with this or is it just because I have a p5q-E?

B

That is because the Ethernet controller of P5Q-E is different than that of ASUS P5Q. Yours is a Marvell Chipset. But in ASUS P5Q we have the AtherosL1e Chipset.

Im trying to install Kalyway 10.5.29(Currently Downloading iATKOS)

ASUS P5Q

ATI Radeon 4670

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

2 SATA HD

1 IDE DVD Drive

1 IDE CD Drive

Bios:1161

The first time i tried the install i kept getting stuck at "still cant find root device"

The issue im having is running in ACHI Mode with lan disabled. i reach the vista loading screen and then loading bar shows its loading, then it reboots.

i want deal with a ACHI issue first

plssss help

Im

Im trying to install Kalyway 10.5.29(Currently Downloading iATKOS)

ASUS P5Q

ATI Radeon 4670

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

2 SATA HD

1 IDE DVD Drive

1 IDE CD Drive

Bios:1161

The first time i tried the install i kept getting stuck at "still cant find root device"

The issue im having is running in ACHI Mode with lan disabled. i reach the vista loading screen and then loading bar shows its loading, then it reboots.

i want deal with a ACHI issue first

plssss help

Im

Follow the same steps that I have given for installing AHCI Driver on windows XP. Just use this Driver..............IMSM_8201001_VISTA.zip

In the instructions you said update both:

Intel® ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 3A26

Intel® ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20

When i update the 2nd it changes to Intel® ICH10R SATA Controller

but when i update the second when my screen shows lines then i get BSOD

so might it only be the second one?

With the one i updated i tried running in ACHI mode

and it worked

in device manager it only lists Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller

In the instructions you said update both:

Intel® ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 3A26

Intel® ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 3A20

When i update the 2nd it changes to Intel® ICH10R SATA Controller

but when i update the second when my screen shows lines then i get BSOD

so might it only be the second one?

With the one i updated i tried running in ACHI mode

and it worked

in device manager it only lists Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller

Update both with AHCI

when i try to update the second one wit ACHI i get a BSOD.

I WAS ABLE TO BOOT UP IN ACHI MODE BY ONLY UPDATING ON

I've install iATKOS. but now im stuck at the screen

20090124030353.jpg

i was able to install Kalyway but of course no lan

this is my setup

ASUS P5Q

ATI Radeon 4670

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

2 SATA HD

1 IDE DVD Drive

1 IDE CD Drive

so wat should i select in the customize screen

Asus P5Q Pro

Core 2 Duo (e8400)

4Gb DDR2-800

GeForce 9800GTX+ 512

I currently am dual booting Vista and Win7. I plan on installing OSX on the Win7 partition if I can get into the installer.

I'm using a SATA HDD and DVD drive. I flashed my bios successfully and loaded the default settings. I set my SATA to AHCI and saved. I've tried both the iDeneb v3 and iATKOS v5i installation discs and cannot get either of them to work with my system. I believe the DVD is working as fine because it does go as far as allowing me to start the installation with the "-v" command. However, when I start the installation with -v I get "Still waiting for root device" errors. When I boot without -v, I receive the "no" symbol over the Apple logo (because of the "Still waiting for root device" errors I'm assuming).

Has anyone run into this issue and is there anyway to solve it? I've tried to do as much searching as possible but I can't figure it out.

Asus P5Q Pro

Core 2 Duo (e8400)

4Gb DDR2-800

GeForce 9800GTX+ 512

I currently am dual booting Vista and Win7. I plan on installing OSX on the Win7 partition if I can get into the installer.

I'm using a SATA HDD and DVD drive. I flashed my bios successfully and loaded the default settings. I set my SATA to AHCI and saved. I've tried both the iDeneb v3 and iATKOS v5i installation discs and cannot get either of them to work with my system. I believe the DVD is working as fine because it does go as far as allowing me to start the installation with the "-v" command. However, when I start the installation with -v I get "Still waiting for root device" errors. When I boot without -v, I receive the "no" symbol over the Apple logo (because of the "Still waiting for root device" errors I'm assuming).

Has anyone run into this issue and is there anyway to solve it? I've tried to do as much searching as possible but I can't figure it out.

You need to flash the Bios once again using EZ Flash.........

Also the error occurs sometimes when you have IDE DVD Drive.........

Thanks for the fast response.

I flashed my bios - are you saying that I need to flash it, load the default settings and flash it again? I'm confused.

Also, my DVD drive is SATA. Does it matter which SATA ports I'm using?

Thanks for the fast response.

I flashed my bios - are you saying that I need to flash it, load the default settings and flash it again? I'm confused.

Also, my DVD drive is SATA. Does it matter which SATA ports I'm using?

You need to use the Red colored SATA Port for DVD Drive.... You also need to have SATA HDD......

Just flash the bios once again and set the storage device to AHCI.....

Thanks so much, finally got to the installer - my DVD drive was connected to my orange SATA port. Not sure what the white and orange ones are for now and they were working fine in Windows but at least it's working now.

On to the rest of the install! I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

Fully installed. Used NVKush for the 9800GTX+, got my onboard sound working and everything. Thanks again! ;)

Time to find a new lan NIC.

So if I install the Voodoo kernal can I use the OSX updater to upgrade to 10.5.6?

Hi.

I have ASUS P5Q DELUXE motherboard with the latest modifyed BIOS to run Mac OS X.

After the complete install of Mac OS X 10.5.6 when the computer boots up from HDD i can see only the blue desktop. Did i forget something?

My HDD is set as AHCI.

Have unpluged all other drives so i have only SATA HDD and SATA DVD-RW pluged in write now.

Any suggestions? Please.

Now i found out when i type "-x" as boot option then the blue desktop changes into gray and i can move around the mouse

I have this "version" of MAC iPC 10.5.6 Universal Final Release!

Hi.

I have ASUS P5Q DELUXE motherboard with the latest modifyed BIOS to run Mac OS X.

After the complete install of Mac OS X 10.5.6 when the computer boots up from HDD i can see only the blue desktop. Did i forget something?

My HDD is set as AHCI.

Have unpluged all other drives so i have only SATA HDD and SATA DVD-RW pluged in write now.

Any suggestions? Please.

Now i found out when i type "-x" as boot option then the blue desktop changes into gray and i can move around the mouse

I have this "version" of MAC iPC 10.5.6 Universal Final Release!

I think the drivers for your Graphics Card is not proper...... Try booting with -x -F

Try selecting other graphics drivers or try to install iDeneb....