G94(9600gt) is fully supported by new mbp drivers!

generalmilk

303 posts in this topic

Only could boot in safe-mode ( -x ) after updating to 10.5.5 from a working Leo4Allv2.

But this fixed the booting issue on top of getting QE/CI. Great job! Thanks a lot.

2. Open System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist (with nano, not

textedit) and change

0x062010de&0xffe0ffff

to

0x062210de&0xffe0ffff

Save (CTRL-O) and exit.

3. Use OSX86Tools to create EFI-string:

Click "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag". "GFX Strings", "Custom GeForce hex".

Select a device name, amount of memory and VGA/DVI configuration.

NB :

-Don't reboot after installing "aqua-mac" s package.

-Instead of copying the string and editing boot.plist manually, I just "imported the string" ( a command inside OSX86Tools) as noted by Alega in Post #91.

Hey man

will it work for Gigabyte 9600GT 1024 mb

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have a nvidia 9600 gso over-clocked PNY. I used NVdarwin 1.2.5. Once I updated to 10.5.7 I started getting red static on my monitor. I'm thinking I have to change something soon because im afraid my card is running hot but im not really sure what is going on. Any advice out there? Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Galaxy 9600GT Low Power fully working with changing resolutions, QE/CI, and DVI-D by:

1. Installing aqua-mac's driver package (thank you for that by the way :P ), restarted.

2. Putting my device ID in NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

3. Creating an EFI string and installing it.

4. Repaired permissions.

Use the sudo nano command to modify the kexts!

OK...I'm at a loss here. I have an ASUS P5Q Pro w/ eVGA 9600GT 512MB using iPC 10.5.6 w/ 10.5.7 update applied. For the life of me I cannot get CI/QE enabled using stock kexts w/ Info.plist edited for 062210de in NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman.

I have tried auqaman 900 series drivers, many flavors of modified kexts, NViject, NVdarwin512, many many EFI strings in/Extra for Chameleon.

I believe the drivers are booting as the GPU fan slows as it does in Windows and Linux so I believe the drivers are loaded, but I have no CI/QE.

Thoughts?

eVGA Manual 9600GT 510MB:

Chipset Model: eVGA Manual 9600GT 510MB

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0622

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: v1.0

Displays:

Display Connector:

DELL E248WFP:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

OK...I'm at a loss here. I have an ASUS P5Q Pro w/ eVGA 9600GT 512MB using iPC 10.5.6 w/ 10.5.7 update applied. For the life of me I cannot get CI/QE enabled using stock kexts w/ Info.plist edited for 062210de in NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman.

I have tried auqaman 900 series drivers, many flavors of modified kexts, NViject, NVdarwin512, many many EFI strings in/Extra for Chameleon.

I believe the drivers are booting as the GPU fan slows as it does in Windows and Linux so I believe the drivers are loaded, but I have no CI/QE.

Thoughts?

eVGA Manual 9600GT 510MB:

Chipset Model: eVGA Manual 9600GT 510MB

Type: Display

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

ROM Revision: v1.0

Displays:

Display Connector:

DELL E248WFP:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Pm me your email and i will sent you the files needed

T.

Just an update...with some help from T I have resolved my issue. Interesting solution...

Removed the EFI strings from the com...plist files and I am using NVdarwin. I have full hardware support. So I assume I do not have the EFI setup properly but unless there is an advantage to EFI I'm calling this good to go.

ASUS P5Q Pro using on-board PATA, LAN w/ Audigy2 and 9600GT. Fully working system on a bad hard drive. Yup...bad HDD. Gonna replace that now and start over but at least I have a working strategy to build a functional system.

Thanks...

Ok, so I see varying reports on what to do. I would like to do this as natively as possible. How do I get the original ktexts needed?

Also, if I create my EFI string from OSXTools will all the outputs work?

• 1 month later...

Hi lads,

I am almost decided to go for 9600GT as it just has full support and I am exhausted of messing around for videocard support.

Although I have a few questions:

*Can you get DVI + DVI->DVI2VGA->VGA for dualscreen?

*Is the card powerful enough for viewing FullHD movies? (1920x1080px)

*Have you heard of a Green edition? Is it any good/working in OSX? It has DVI+VGA+HDMI output (instead of usual DVI+DVI+S-Video)

*Which Brand/Producer of the card are you suggesting? Which one of them have you got working?

Thank you in advance,

mustiCas

• 2 weeks later...

well one month ago i use this step and my 9600 gt with QE and evrythin..but today..after i messed up with some other kext and dsdt....

my display just wont work...after removing all the nv*.* and ge*.* and extensions.mkext...i can boot.. and starting the process by getting the kext and edit it. and enter efi string..didnt work

i try nvidia 9000 driver from aquamac also...didnt work also..the qe just dont want to run and its always at software mode

end up i download official nvidia 285 driver for mac from nvidia.com..but cant install..but the trick is...we can extract the package inside..and inside the package..we call install display driver open gl and video driver....

and after reboot...magically its working!

http://rapidshare.com/files/273135735/Nvid...2f16_Driver.zip

above is the link where i compress back the driver package from nvidia driver..no kext editing involve..it just work installing both 3 package and restart ...u still need the efi string though

nyway i only try this with 9600 GT with id 0x0622

opengl.tiff opengl2.tiff

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my 9600 GT up and running for the past few months. Lately I have been spending time optimising my hackintosh to reduce heat and power consumption.

Does the native Mac nVidia driver support on-the-fly power management like on Windows? For example, in Windows, the card detects whether it is in 2D or 3D mode (say internet browsing vs. gaming) and adjusts clock rates and power consumption accordingly.

I hate the feeling that my graphics may be using 80 to 100 watts in Mac (where high performance isn't required), and where I spend 95% my time. Can anyone let me know whether power management is happening under Mac drivers? Or is is constantly on full clock rates and power usage?

If not, my idea is to flash the graphics BIOS and underclock it so it uses less power when in Mac or any other OS. Then when I want to game on Windows, use Rivatuner to "overclock" it reverting to Normal clocks.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
is anyone using this card in snow leopard?

Yes I am.

I installed using the 'standard' DVD method to be found here

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-retai...for-g31m-t3672/

The guide has been updated since I used it so it appears a lot easier now. I used the guide mainly for the motherboard.

My hackintosh works very well, I haven't tweeked it, the only issues I have are

1) Some people seem to have reported 10-15% faster graphics card speed than I get. Since my graphics card seems to do everything I want and do it quickly enough, I haven't bothered chasing the problem (if any) down. QE and all the graphics stuff seems fine to me. I benchmarked it and it seemed fast enough.

2) The onboard ethernet card does not default to promiscuous mode, which is not a major problem as there are utilities to set that. The more I use Bonjour the more I like it (and Bonjour needs promiscuous mode).

3) Sleep (as ever) is a major hassle, the guide above suggest using Powersleep, which seems to work 95% of the time.

4) One of my PCI slots will not work for Ethernet or Firewire. No idea why, I gave up and used the other slot which does work.

5) Errr.... thats it.

Audio worked out of the box, the DVD works, the mouse works, the graphics card works. It all works very well indeed. I use the Hackintosh in my bedroom and the other two Macbooks and Mini (running Snow Loepard Server, paid for and licensed) around the house. A nice sweet system.

i just crashed my pc, because i deleted the EFI code from com.apple.Boot.plist . could somebody please post or send me the right EFI code for "nVidia GeForce 9600 GT" , 1 GB VRAM, DVI-I/VGA.

Should be no ploblem for you ;)

best regards.

by the way: I get bluescreen (but like a blue desktop background, and with -v -f error message) while booting with the 9600 kexts: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1309975

i hope somebody can help.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my MSI 9600gt 1GB working with this but the new problem i have now is that the mouse lags and jumps from place to place i checked system profiler the card is QE hardware supported, but the mouse lags and the graphics speed is SLOW.

Please help I already tried removing the appleupstreamclient kext

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I've been working on installing my Gigabyte 1GB 9600GT all night and I keep getting to the same point, after booting I get a black screen with a cursor that flickers on and off every 15-or-so seconds.

I used the nVidia 9000 series drivers thing, edited the xxxx50.kext to fit my device, and used what seems to be the correct EFI string from osx86tools (used the option DVI/VGA because DVI's closest to the mb). I repaired the permissons and cleared the cache, then rebooted.

I'm currently working with the VGA port, could this be it? When I go into safe mode it recognises the 9600 and its displaying the right VRAM and everything, all the resolutions are there too. Have I missed an important step?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I booted up in -f and now I'm getting a blue screen, even when I then try and boot up normally.

Hey guys, managed to get OSX working using iAtkos 7. I have bought a USB wireless adapter as my built in one is not supported.

I know my graphics card is supported but I can't seem to get it going.

To begin with, I had a black screen with the log in music playing and I had to boot into -s I think it was and had to use some terminal commands to remove or change some NVIDIA settings to get into the OS.

All I need to do now is get the drivers going so I can get a proper resolution as at the moment I have a 1024x768 resolution on a 1366x768 screen or something like that.

I have tried installing the aquamac drivers, but these are for 10.5.6 and I have 10.5.7 and on boot up I get errors saying the extensions cannot be loaded.

I am a newbie at the whole OSX86 business and any help would be much appreciated. This is my last step!

Thanks

Well I've been running Leopard for the past few months successfully with a single BFG 9600GT (sleep, shutdown, restart all working). I decided I would go for a 3 and potentially 4 monitor setup so I managed to find a second used 9600GT, modified my EFI strings and updated my DSDT.aml. System is a bit slower to boot, shutdown, and restart but I have all 3 displays working once I'm booted into Leopard. My only challenge now is that by having two video cards I may have broken my working sleep.

Has anyone come across this?

Hey,

I've been working on installing my Gigabyte 1GB 9600GT all night and I keep getting to the same point, after booting I get a black screen with a cursor that flickers on and off every 15-or-so seconds.

I used the nVidia 9000 series drivers thing, edited the xxxx50.kext to fit my device, and used what seems to be the correct EFI string from osx86tools (used the option DVI/VGA because DVI's closest to the mb). I repaired the permissons and cleared the cache, then rebooted.

I'm currently working with the VGA port, could this be it? When I go into safe mode it recognises the 9600 and its displaying the right VRAM and everything, all the resolutions are there too. Have I missed an important step?

Thanks in advance :(

EDIT: I booted up in -f and now I'm getting a blue screen, even when I then try and boot up normally.

Set screen Energy Save to one minute, reboot, leave the screen, keyboard and mouse alone until the energy saver kicks in. Then press the keyboard and see if that helps. Got me out of a 9400GT problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a Palit GeForce 9600GT Super 1Gb card and right now I'm experiencing some problems with it.

First of all, the card itself works using NVInject kext, i can change the resolution up to 1280x1024, fan control etc.

The problems I've witnessed so far are:

1)When pressing Applications or Utilities on the dock, the animation of those windows opening is very slow, choppy and jammed. Same thing happens when pressing F9 to switch between the windows.

2)Cannot view any jpeg's, gif's or any other picture files, the viewer window is just grey-blank. The only thing I see is a little preview.

3)Can't enter Time Machine. I heard it has some kind of an animation which obviously doesn't run.

4)Video files running kinda slow. VLC player not showing anything at all.

The overall performance is not that good.

This happens on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 both 32/64 bit

Same thing on 10.5

There are probably some other issues which I haven't noticed yet. All sorts of trouble ;)

Here is what the Profiler tells me:

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: GPU

VRAM (Total): 256 MB (should be 1024)

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.2

Displays:

LCD1704M:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Connector:

What might be the solution to this?

My other hardware is a Gygabyte EP45-UD3LR motherboard, Core Quad Q9400 CPU, Corsair XMS2 2x2 Gb memory

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

I have a Elitegroup 9600 GT with 512 MB RAM. My Card works on 10.5.7 and 10.6.2 via Chameleon 2 RC3+Netkas PC EFIv10.5 and

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

very smooth ;)