G94(9600gt) is fully supported by new mbp drivers!

generalmilk

303 posts in this topic

Great news. Thanks Alega.

Right now I have 80% of IPC 10.5.6 from pcwiz.

I am planning to make a new fresh install on my brother's PC.

He has Asus P5W motherboard and Nvidia 9600GT.

I'll try that and post results here.

Hi Guys,

I have a weird problem here: qe/ci support once working but then disappearing again (card is an Asus 9600GT with 512MB).

Installed the drivers as described above. Fan control worked but no qe/ci. Then I installed NVDarwin, still no qe/ci. I wandered around in Preferences when noticed that the top menubar's color changed to something transparent, checked in Profiler, and indeed, it showed both Quartz Extreme and Core e Image working. No idea what I did before that..

But after the next reboot, although fan control was still OK, qe/ci was again missing. Since then I was unable to get it working again. One thing to notice, may or may not be relevant: when I open the Screen saver prefplane, the default Flurry preview basically slows down my PC to zero. But if it's not the focused window, it does not..

Any ideas welcome..

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
After 2 hours of painful installation. GREAT SUCCESS! I <3 you guys!

I'll post this so maybe people can use my method and it will work

PNY Verto 9600 GT ID 0x622 (Just about the same as everyone)

Download Aquamac v2 extensions.

Install but dont reboot

using nano in terminal edit the NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

change under IOPCIPrimaryMatch the id 0x062A10de...... to 0x062210de...... (where .... is the rest of the string just leave that part intact)

go to EFI studio and boot.plist editor and give it a one over, check to make sure kernel flags has a yes to it (ask if you dont know what i mean) and move any old efi strings if there are any.

go to osx86 tools and the efi string creator, follow the instuctions for you card to create the efi string and add it to boot.plist

remove any injectors such as nvinject nvkush nvdarwine and then in osx86 tools run the repair extensions and clear extensions cache commands

reboot

Hope that helps someone.

you mean that we don't need nvdarwine??

• 2 weeks later...

I got my EVGA 9600GT fully working with changing resolutions, QE/CI, and DVI-D by:

1. Installing aqua-mac's driver package (thank you for that by the way :)), restarted.

2. Putting my device ID in NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

3. Creating an EFI string and installing it.

4. Repaired permissions.

Works great on my 10.5.6 retail installation!

Got it working with help from realityiswhere, socalswimmer, Paranoid, and many others :) Thanks guys!

I got my EVGA 9600GT fully working with changing resolutions, QE/CI, and DVI-D by:

1. Installing aqua-mac's driver package (thank you for that by the way :thumbsup_anim:), restarted.

2. Putting my device ID in NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

What for???? :hysterical: :hysterical: :rolleyes:

In 10.5.6 is do nothing! Only strings, and all OK. :thumbsdown_anim:

Hello, my problem is that OS X, after updating using utility and installing newest nvinject, wont display anything on the monitor.

What is the easist way to make EFI Strings from the terminal (booting with -s flag)?

Appreciate your help.

Hi Guys, my first post in a while on these boards and first in this thread. I recently sold my G5 (it was getting a bit old - 1.8GHz G5 / 2Gb memory, plus I need an Intel based machine for training courses for work and I'm using up too much space for VM's on my Blackbook) and started building a Harpertown core Xeon Quad / Stoakley / Seaburg based Hackintosh and am pleased to report SUCCESS with my XFX 9600 GT OC Edition with 512 Mb VRAM on retail Leopard 10.5.4 DVD + combo update from Apple to 10.5.6! :)

Took a bit of tinkering last night but 1 evening to get a video card working is not bad in my book - I had a helluva time with my old FX5200 on an old AMD hack a few years back.

For reference, the card I bought is this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149116

I did not need to edit Info.plist in the kext in the end, it's vanilla. Having added my hex string into Boot.plist I found that NVDANV50hal.kext would load successfully from the terminal, but not on reboot. Once I replaced my edited kext with the vanilla kext it loaded successfully from the terminal and was present on reboot too.

So my steps were:

1) Download and run aquamac's installer (thank you very much aquamac!)

2) Download either EFIStudio or OSX86tools (either will do as I found out) and generate hex string

3) Insert hex string into /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

4) Download and install NVdarwin 1.25

5) Repair permissions and reboot! :)

post-62814-1232627803_thumb.jpg post-62814-1232627832_thumb.jpg

As generalmilk said earlier, I knew it had worked when the fan stopped screaming as OS X logged in :)

In 10.5.6 is do nothing! Only strings, and all OK. :blink:

What Alega said!

I have a vanilla 10.5.6 install and a PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT 512MB card. I had hacked the Info.plist files as described in generalmilk's first post and added the EFI string, but when I tried it with the vanilla Info.plist files and rebuilt kext caches, everything still worked!

post-346055-1232640151_thumb.png

post-346055-1232640164_thumb.png

Hello all, this is my system:

Foxconn mobo

C2D 2.4ghz

2gb ddr2 ram

gigabyte nvidia 9600gt 512mb ddr3 256bit

Installed iatkos 5i (i got it from demonoid), after my first successful attempt, I downloaded and installed the 9 series driver package posted earlier, restarted, and voila. I did nothing else. Now, the card is not recognized fully, it still shows "I can has model?" under system info, but it worked for my purpose. I just wanted a higher resolution. It detects 256vram as opposed to only 32, and I can do dual displays as well, one dvi-vga (1280x1024) and another dvi-hdmi (1900x1080). No glitches, no bugs, nothing. I guess if you want something hassle free this is a good way to go, I'm not looking to game or anything so yeah.

Hi All

These days I'm installign my new hackintosh :

Asus P6T

Intel Core i7 920

Corsair XMS3 6 GB

Asus EN9600GT

I updated to 10.5.6 and installed the EFI string.

Everything seems to work. but I get a KP after about 5 minutes. but it could be when doing anything.

(KP is about MachineCheck CPUx, something like that...)

So my question is, do I have any chance to solve my problem by installing these drivers or the Aquamac drivers ???

• 5 weeks later...

I installed iPC 10.5.6. final and added EFI String via OSX86Tools to the Boot.plist. There are lot of resolutions available in the monitor settings. But if I select most of them there is blinking in the bottom of the screen. Native resolution of my monitor is 1680x1050, but I should use 1368x768 as the screen is stable in this resolution. Can anyone help me?

Tried to install iDeneb 1.4 but with the same issue :(

please can someone tell me how to make efi string from osx86 tools for 9600gt pny???? the way i do , it always freezes when i reboot on apple logo and i have to reinstall osx from beginning. i did the same thing as the first post said . i also tried just makeing just the string without doing anything else , but same thing happens... so please help meee. im almost sure no one will respond to this, but oh well. i gave it a try

Could someone help me with a 9800M GS please?

I tried changing info.plist fom NVDANV50Hal.kext with 062B id device, and making an GFX EFI with OSX86Tool, and nothing, Leopard detect an 32Mb video card :D

some suggestion please!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I'm using a 9600 GT card with latest MBP drivers (from XxX distribution), but I've got some random kernel panics (see my screenshot). Has someone any clue to solve this problem ?

post-353752-1240073567_thumb.jpg

Hey @ all,

first of all big thanks to everybody helping on this board. Insanlymac is doing a great job :)

Therefore, I got my Palit 9600GT 1GB running quiet smoothly, since I have installed iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6. Both DVI ports work on full resolution with Dual-LCDs. However, I just cannot figure out, how to get the HDMI port to run. I suppose that I have to tweak something via NVCap, but I don't have any idea how to do so :)

Can somebody please help me and give me any solution to my problem?

Lot's of thanks ahead,

c

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot open the Extensions.tar.gz file at all, I keep getting Error 2 - No such file or directory when I try to extract the files. What can be causing this?

EDIT: I believe this file is corrupt because I have tried to open it on 3 machines and they all give me the same error saying that the file doesn't exist. Can someone reupload this for me?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you guys that use the ASUS 9600GT SILENT 512MB model have been able to get DUAL DVI working ?

I am refering to this card :

http://www.shopbot.ca/default.asp?kw=asus+...position=search

I have, see link.

I've used a string in my com.apple.Boot.plist . I can't get a working EFI-Boot partition with this plist.

Chameleon 2.0 rc1 won't start, my system reboot after hardware check. I just see the turnig cursor and than got a reboot over and aver again.

When I use 132 boot-cd, everything works.

Does somebody know how to solve it?

This is what I see after booting with my boot132CD

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3892/picture1pmy.png