Slimbuild - Boot-132 CD Creator for OS X

munky

342 posts in this topic

~Galaxy hasn't gotten back to me yet about the full test results of SlimbuildGUI, I'm sure he will sometime soon. For you skeptical folks here's a little screenie:

post-127394-1227323654_thumb.png

No, the GUI is not your beautiful flashy interface with nice animations and stuff like that, its a solid interface that gets the job done effectively, and it does it fast :)

hi pcwiz,

the gui looks very professional!

Great work!

Greets

Martin from Germany

Hi @ all,

after a sleepless night i think i wan´t to give up. i create a 132 boot cd and the original leo (10.5.1) disk installs fine! the reboot with the created cd is allso ok!

then i want use the update function directly from apple but after reboot the system hangs with panic...something about cpu and once more many "package 0 has no hpet" i see. :)

i don´t know what i must do?

Greets from Germany

Martin

Can someone please help me with slimbuild 2.0.

I'm not a hardcore coder and I keeping running into this issue with slimbuilder.

terminal output:

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####

This session's build time is 2008-11-23-141400

This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-11-23-141400

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####

Permissions are being set for the following extensions:

find: Extensions: No such file or directory

All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.

Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...

Meta-kernel extension cache creation failed! Aborting!

mobilebinges-macbook-pro-15:~ mobilebinge$

Any idea what i'm doing wrong? All i did was download the tool add my kext files in the extensions folder.

Thanks.

Can someone please help me with slimbuild 2.0.

I'm not a hardcore coder and I keeping running into this issue with slimbuilder.

terminal output:

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####

This session's build time is 2008-11-23-141400

This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2008-11-23-141400

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####

Permissions are being set for the following extensions:

find: Extensions: No such file or directory

All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.

Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...

Meta-kernel extension cache creation failed! Aborting!

mobilebinges-macbook-pro-15:~ mobilebinge$

Any idea what i'm doing wrong? All i did was download the tool add my kext files in the extensions folder.

Thanks.

There are two things that normally cause that error. First, you must execute the slimbuild script as root. Either by using "sudo -s" or "sudo ./slimbuild2.sh".

Second, you must be in the slimbuild directory prior to starting the script. Do this:

cd slimbuild-directory-name
sudo ./slimbuild2.sh
enter your password

that should get you going.

Second, you must be in the slimbuild directory prior to starting the script. Do this:

cd slimbuild-directory-name
sudo ./slimbuild2.sh
enter your password

that should get you going.

Its really strange how it worked for me before without even cd'ing into the directory. Seems like a random issue...

EDIT: BTW, very soon (possibly even today) the Slimbuild GUI will be released. The bug that BladeRunner experienced was related to the problem in the post above this one. That has since been fixed, GUI has been redesigned completely, new support for multiple kernels & drag and drop interface, log viewer, a lot of great stuff. I'm uploading a video of the GUI in action as we speak :rolleyes: There still seems to be a minor issue with the log viewer, that's all that needs to be fixed now.

TimeActor, you cannot use Apple's update function without it screwing up your system. Package 0 has no hpet is caused by AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext installed by Apple's update which kernel panics on hackintoshes.

Ah ok, but i thought i could do it yet with the "original" install!

What must i do to screwing up my system? Sorry I´m a noob in those things because i want using Leopard only for my Hobby Photography.

Your Gui looks like very functional and is awesome! Thanks a lot!!! I will test it in few days.

Thanks for your Answer!

After some pm's with Riley Freeman I used his method in post #62 for building the slimbuild cd. With mkisofs the checksum error is no more and life is good lol.

wish list

Dev Prop

DSDT Injection

All good ideas that have other tools, in the end I just wanted something to make the cd not necessarily the end all to beat all, have to leave room for improvements somewhere, and your wishlist will be taken care of in the new chameleon due out soon that will coincide with the launch of Voodoo so just keep patient :P good things come to those who wait, and welcome back btw we'll have to catch up ;)

After some pm's with Riley Freeman I used his method in post #62 for building the slimbuild cd. With mkisofs the checksum error is no more and life is good lol.

wish list

Dev Prop

DSDT Injection

Would you be so kind and write us a how-to about this? I get the same damn checksum error on P5Q (just P5Q) mobo, not with other mobos...

Hi Munky,galaxy

Trying to use this on a amd 690g board and voodoo rc1 as kernel it tries to boot then it restarts trying to get multiplier clock made another one again without kernel and tried to boot leo4 all v4.1 and still reboots same error i dunno if there is a way to fix this.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but when I put IOPCIFamily.kext file in the EFI partition it fails to boot the system with link / load errors and dependancy errors wanting 2.4.1 or what ever I tried increasing the version to 9.9.9 as sugested earlier but with no luck

I am begining to wonder if IOPCIFamily has to load from /S/L/E instead of /V/E/E have to for now have the hack IOPCIFamily file in /S/L/E for system to boot

Hi Munky,galaxy

Trying to use this on a amd 690g board and voodoo rc1 as kernel it tries to boot then it restarts trying to get multiplier clock made another one again without kernel and tried to boot leo4 all v4.1 and still reboots same error i dunno if there is a way to fix this.

It's a known problem. Apparently, slimbuild just can't make a bootable AMD boot-132 CD due to some odd problems of the bootloader. Strangely, a pre-built image works perfectly.

At the moment there is no known solution.

Sherry Haibara

It's a known problem. Apparently, slimbuild just can't make a bootable AMD boot-132 CD due to some odd problems of the bootloader. Strangely, a pre-built image works perfectly.

At the moment there is no known solution.

Sherry Haibara

The Chameleon Bootloader that is in the works now that will be released along-side the final version of Voodoo should solve all these issues of timings and clock speed detection errors some pretty hard work is going into it to make it perform a few more tasks that would normally be taken care of by EFI in an actual Mac. So, sit tight it's just around the corner :)