Slimbuild - Boot-132 CD Creator for OS X

munky

342 posts in this topic

Looks as if you are missing the correct kext for your sata controller. What type is it?

It is not JMIcron at least. I don't know which one is it.

My motherboard is Intel D915GAV.

Here's the LSPCI output of SATA controller

00:1f.2 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FW (ICH6/ICH6W) SATA Controller [8086:2651] (rev 03)

It depends on what type of controller is in your system. There are a few common ones, but they are not compatible with each others kexts.

You can look up your mobo specs to find the controller type.

Gizmo, you should be able to use the Intel kext for ICH.

It depends on what type of controller is in your system. There are a few common ones, but they are not compatible with each others kexts.

You can look up your mobo specs to find the controller type.

Gizmo, you should be able to use the Intel kext for ICH.

Yes it works now :( Thanks for the suggestion :D

but on laptop, it still doesn't work (blue background and nothing else).

Yes it works now :( Thanks for the suggestion :D

but on laptop, it still doesn't work (blue background and nothing else).

You're welcome :D

As for the laptop, when exactly are you getting the blue screen? At the time when the installer should pop up?

You're welcome :)

As for the laptop, when exactly are you getting the blue screen? At the time when the installer should pop up?

Yes. The language selection window is supposed to show up. But it never appears.

No mouse movement, no hard disk activity, nothing.

Btw, just tried the installation on P4 machine, I have a IDE test hard drive. The installation went fine, but again - "Still waiting for the root ..."

Had to partition it as GPT (no mbr support) and no bootloader.

How should I installer the bootloader? I tried with OSx86Tools before, but it shows boot0 error (on MBR partition though).

Yes. The language selection window is supposed to show up. But it never appears.

No mouse movement, no hard disk activity, nothing.

Btw, just tried the installation on P4 machine, I have a IDE test hard drive. The installation went fine, but again - "Still waiting for the root ..."

Had to partition it as GPT (no mbr support) and no bootloader.

How should I installer the bootloader? I tried with OSx86Tools before, but it shows boot0 error (on MBR partition though).

There are several options. This is the one I personally like best:

[Guide] Boot from EFI partition, zero modification installs on Intel SSE2 or better

Hmmmm, here's my lspci output:

00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress 200 Host Bridge (rev 01)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI-X Root Port
00:11.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 Serial ATA Controller (rev 80)
00:12.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 Serial ATA Controller (rev 80)
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller (rev 80)
00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller (rev 80)
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB2 Host Controller (rev 80)
00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 SMBus Controller (rev 82)
00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 IDE Controller (rev 80)
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge (rev 80)
00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-PCI Bridge (rev 80)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7300 GT] (rev a1)
02:06.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306 Fire II IEEE 1394 OHCI Link Layer Controller (rev 80)

~Galaxy ,thanks for ur help ;)

this CD can boot leopard server ?

can burn iso on a DVD-RW disk?(no CD-RW disk,only have CD-R/DVD-R/DVD-RW)

how about it on snow leo? :D

Sure the preboot method can be used on ANY OSX Leopard install disk, there are a few more things that need to be done in the case of Tiger. I don't know about booting snow leopard with it (you might ask munky, since slimbuild uses his modified preboot booter). As far as i knew there are still a few technical hurdles that are being worked out so that it can properly boot snow leopard though I don't forsee any issues occuring once those current issues have been dealt with from what i have been told the boot-args revision needs and increase and a viable method for 64 bit initialization is necessary to use the kernel in its true x86_64 mode.

What are the essential kexts for notebooks?

(Mine one is Acer Aspire 4715z)

I think the main issue is not whether the system is notebook or desktop, but what CPU, graphics, and disk controllers are involved. Your signature does not provide that data so, it makes it a bit hard for someone to help unless they have the exact same system.

I think the main issue is not whether the system is notebook or desktop, but what CPU, graphics, and disk controllers are involved. Your signature does not provide that data so, it makes it a bit hard for someone to help unless they have the exact same system.

Acer Aspire 4715z

Processor: Intel Pentium dual-core T2390 1.86GHz

Graphics: Intel GMAx3100

Intel ICH8 SATA controllers.

Marvell Yukon LAN, Atheros 5007 WLAN

PS2 keyboard and Trackpad (Synaptic)

Right now I am using iAtkos v4i, only WLAN doesn't work.

Acer Aspire 4715z

Processor: Intel Pentium dual-core T2390 1.86GHz

Graphics: Intel GMAx3100

Intel ICH8 SATA controllers.

Marvell Yukon LAN, Atheros 5007 WLAN

PS2 keyboard and Trackpad (Synaptic)

Right now I am using iAtkos v4i, only WLAN doesn't work.

I think you would need at least the following:

AppleDecrypt.kext or dsmos.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
Disabler.kext

at least they would be a reasonable starting point.

I think you would need at least the following:

AppleDecrypt.kext or dsmos.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
Disabler.kext

at least they would be a reasonable starting point.

same result. blue background, no response at all.

btw, is there any way to use Extensions.mkext with this Boot-132 CD Creator?

same result. blue background, no response at all.

btw, is there any way to use Extensions.mkext with this Boot-132 CD Creator?

This boot-132 build does use Extensions.mkext. Mount your boot cd or iso image and then mount the initrd.img and you should be able to view the content. It should look something like this.

Rainbow:~ lrh$ ls -l /Volumes/initrd
total 9829
drwxr-xr-x  3 lrh  staff	  102 Oct 14 20:59 Extra
-rwxr-xr-x  1 lrh  staff	 1691 Oct 14 21:59 com.apple.Boot.plist
-rwxr-xr-x  1 lrh  staff  5030040 Oct 14 21:59 mach_kernel.modbin
Rainbow:~ lrh$ ls -l /Volumes/initrd/Extra/
total 2131
-rwxr-xr-x  1 lrh  staff  1090710 Oct 14 21:59 Extensions.mkext

I think the blue screen issue is caused by a problem with your graphics card. I assume it is integrated with the system board. You may need some older/patched IntelGMA kext. However, since my system has Nvidia graphics I have no way to tell you which GMA kext you may need.

You may need to try Google to see what that will show.

I think the blue screen issue is caused by a problem with your graphics card. I assume it is integrated with the system board. You may need some older/patched IntelGMA kext. However, since my system has Nvidia graphics I have no way to tell you which GMA kext you may need.

You may need to try Google to see what that will show.

Yes. It is a Intel graphics card issue. Plugging in an external display works!

I already have installed Retail Leo in my Laptop. Working fine (except AppleSMBIOS issue).

I still am looking for a good solution, which doesn't need the external display.

@ Azimutz: using -legacy didn't work for me.

Thanks for both of your replies :(

Yes. It is a Intel graphics card issue. Plugging in an external display works!

I already have installed Retail Leo in my Laptop. Working fine (except AppleSMBIOS issue).

I still am looking for a good solution, which doesn't need the external display.

@ Azimutz: using -legacy didn't work for me.

Thanks for both of your replies :D

I am truly happy that you are making progress. I know what that can feel like when things finally begin to work. glad I could help.

Can someone please help me out, cause it just won't work ...

Using these:

2q8yi5u.jpg

And when booting with the boot-132 (after the retail install offcourse) I get this screen:

12372o1.jpg

LSPCI output:

00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress 200 Host Bridge (rev 01)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI-X Root Port
00:11.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 Serial ATA Controller (rev 80)
00:12.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 Serial ATA Controller (rev 80)
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller (rev 80)
00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller (rev 80)
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB2 Host Controller (rev 80)
00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 SMBus Controller (rev 82)
00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 IDE Controller (rev 80)
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge (rev 80)
00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-PCI Bridge (rev 80)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7300 GT] (rev a1)
02:06.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306 Fire II IEEE 1394 OHCI Link Layer Controller (rev 80)

Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>rd(0,1)/mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>boot-uuid=907054E0-AC2A-3D53-8F5E-F90BB2EB6EA3 -v</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I tried changing the UUID (DVD - HDD) but that doesn't seem to work.